Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,546 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? (2544 Views)

What Exactly Has Imo State Gained By Being At The 'center' For The Past 20yrs? / Can Anyone Tell Me One Thing Government Gained By Arresting Nnamdi Kanu? / How Kidnappers Gained Entry To College Of Forestry Kaduna (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Strafudeen: 8:56pm On Jun 23, 2023
This is one journalist that I find annoying to listen to.

To be fair, I have nothing against him personally.

But his very fake accent puts me off and I hardly follow any conversation he is anchoring.

He pronounces suleiman as sulaaaaaimon....very distracting and makes one not pay attention to the conversation.

It's a shame seeing how he could easily be up there amongst the best, but this artificiality is doing him in.

Please when is Charles Aniagolu coming back to continue anchoring prime time on arise news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Jomonix: 9:00pm On Jun 23, 2023
Strafudeen:

But his very fake accent puts me off and I hardly follow any conversation he is anchoring.

He pronounces suleiman as sulaaaaaimon....very distracting and makes one not pay attention to the conversation.

It's a shame seeing how he could easily be up there amongst the best, but this artificiality is doing him in.

Please when is Charles Aniagolu coming back to continue anchoring prime time on arise news

Haba. He's OK

3 Likes

Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Strafudeen: 9:02pm On Jun 23, 2023
Jomonix:

Haba. He's OK

I've honestly tried my very best to flow when he's anchoring, ...I've failed everything.

Now they've put him in charge of prime time, my favourite programme, and I'm just stuck in misery
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Ofunaofu: 10:34pm On Jun 23, 2023
Strafudeen:

Honestly sometimes I do wonder if he is different from the Suleiman that used to work with channels TV

2 Likes

Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Corporate2020: 10:56pm On Jun 23, 2023
Strafudeen:

What an idiot like others in his profession
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Praxis758: 2:06am On Jun 24, 2023
As for Charles Aniagolu, he shuttles between Canada and Nigeria. He remains apolitical in his journalistic anchoring.

Which state is Alede from?
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Yinkusgold: 3:43am On Jun 24, 2023
Praxis758:
As for Charles Aniagolu, he shuttles between Canada and Nigeria. He remains apolitical in his journalistic anchoring.

Edo state.
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Yinkusgold: 3:47am On Jun 24, 2023
Joyce onyemuwa of Nigeria info 's accent is (stiil American) , a lady brought up in surulere and till now still sounding as if she doesn't mix with them in atarado markets.

6 Likes

Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by bhella10: 5:48am On Jun 24, 2023
Sule Elede must have picked up that bug in Asleep TV. No room for yeye ascents in Channels TV.

6 Likes

Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by bhella10: 5:49am On Jun 24, 2023
Yinkusgold:
Joyce onyemuwa of Nigeria info 's accent is (stiil American) , a lady brought up in surulere and till now still sounding as if she doesn't mix with them in atarado markets.
She killed cool FM with her fake ascents. Yeye oap

2 Likes

Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Caseless: 6:15am On Jun 24, 2023
bhella10:
Sule Elede must have picked up that bug in Asleep TV. No room for yeye ascents in Channels TV.
Arise prefers those with accent...

Emmanuel Efeni
Reuben Abati
Aaron Akerejolu
Rufai, and that new lady that replaced Tudun Abiola, don't use accent. Even some presenters at channels try to create that "switched voice" .

The radio stations are the worse - you must fake an accent to get a job.

I saw Mikel Obi doing accent, I was shocked. Jos boy!

Kanu and Psquare no get your time - they give you the igbo accent straight and thats why I like them.

8 Likes

Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 24, 2023
Caseless:
Arise prefers those with accent...

Emmanuel Efeni
Reuben Abati
Aaron Akerejolu
Rufai, and that new lady that replaced Tudun Abiola, don't use accent. Even some presenters at channels try to create that "switched voice" .

The radio stations are the worse - you must fake an accent to get a job.

I saw Mikel Obi doing accent, I was shocked. Jos boy!

Kanu and Psquare no get your time - they give you the igbo accent straight and thats why I like them.

Doing accent as how? Dude spent more than 5 years in the UK. So it shouldn't be surprising if he speaks with an accent.

6 Likes

Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by foxxydude: 6:56am On Jun 24, 2023
Na wah for op 😂
Let Sule breeeth
Don't soffocate him😁

3 Likes

Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by SuperOnyi: 7:29am On Jun 24, 2023
shocked

I don't know when speaking English, a language that isn't even ours how we want it became a crime. Why do some Nigerians get uncomfortable when someone speaks with an foreign accent for Christ sake?

I grew up listening to hip hop and watching a lot of YouTube videos, I was also very proud of speaking pidgin that English began to sound awkward when I spoke it. I didn't know if I was sounding "Nigerian" or foreign.

When I started to rap, I tried to rap in the so called "Nigerian" accent but people didn't pay much attention and some still said I sounded "foreign".

I decided to do what I loved doing my own way without faking shít, I used my normal accent considered "foreign" by Nigerian because I don't have that "thickness" and people easily accepted me.

I do try to add that Nigerian flow but all my words are pronounced in US English, if I wanted to know the pronunciation of a word — I use Google and select the American English.

So, y'all learn to appreciate people for fúck sake! English ain't our language, when I speak pidgin, I do so proudly but when it's English — I do my way, call it "fake accent" I don't care.

3 Likes

Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by wiseone28: 7:34am On Jun 24, 2023
Strafudeen:

If i listen to radio i hear that nonsense i will just tune to another station.

That forced accent dey give me headache except it is natural

2 Likes

Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by SuperOnyi: 7:36am On Jun 24, 2023
Miracood2:

Doing accent as how? Dude spent more than 5 years in the UK. So it shouldn't be surprising if he speaks with an accent.

shocked

Nigerians naturally get uncomfortable when you speak with an accent they consider "foreign". These people would never promote our local products or encourage more indigenous manufacturers.

I'm in this WhatsApp group where I get called out for "faking" my accent, how else am I supposed to speak for God's sake? Some of us grew up in towns or cities with people from different ethnicities.

I wonder what they'd say when they see someone from Jos or Bauchi speak with that same accent that they consider "foreign"? Especially my brothers from Plateau (Jos)...

1 Like

Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by SuperOnyi: 7:38am On Jun 24, 2023
wiseone28:

shocked

How do you know it's "forced"?
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by wiseone28: 7:41am On Jun 24, 2023
SuperOnyi:

shocked

How do you know it's "forced"?
You this psycho its too early to be asking stupid questions.
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by SuperOnyi: 7:46am On Jun 24, 2023
wiseone28:
You this psycho its too early to be asking stupid questions.

shocked

Are you okay? Do I know you? Anyway, have a nice day.
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by wiseone28: 7:48am On Jun 24, 2023
SuperOnyi:

shocked

Are you okay? Do I know you? Anyway, have a nice day.
I have been reading your comments attacking people here
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by SuperOnyi: 7:51am On Jun 24, 2023
wiseone28:
I have been reading your comments attacking people here

shocked

K
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by mayor1814: 8:02am On Jun 24, 2023
Who accent help? Mtcheww. The reason why mode9 no matter how good he is as rapper will continue to remain unpopular in 9ja compared to other veteran rappers like ruggedman, eldee, eedris abdulkarim who held it down in the early 2000s to early 2010s.

1 Like

Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 24, 2023
SuperOnyi:

shocked

Nigerians naturally get uncomfortable when you speak with an accent they consider "foreign". These people would never promote our local products or encourage more indigenous manufacturers.

I'm in this WhatsApp group where I get called out for "faking" my accent, how else am I supposed to speak for God's sake? Some of us grew up in towns or cities with people from different ethnicities.

I wonder what they'd say when they see someone from Jos or Bauchi speak with that same accent that they consider "foreign"? Especially my brothers from Plateau (Jos)...

Yeah.. I just got to discover people from Plateau in my new sch.

Their English sounds a bit polished. Haha. Although they do insert 'T's instead of 'D's in some of their pronunciations.

1 Like

Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Okoroawusa: 9:16am On Jun 24, 2023
Praxis758:

There is nothing apolitical about Charles Aniagolu unless you don't watch his show.
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Strafudeen: 9:25am On Jun 24, 2023
Praxis758:

I don't know...sounds benue or kogi
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by bhella10: 9:26am On Jun 24, 2023
mayor1814:
Who accent help? Mtcheww. The reason why mode9 no matter how good he is as rapper will continue to remain unpopular in 9ja compared to other veteran rappers like ruggedman, eldee, eedris abdulkarim who held it down in the early 2000s to early 2010s.
And your point is? Regarding Mode9 that is.
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Strafudeen: 9:26am On Jun 24, 2023
bhella10:
She killed cool FM with her fake ascents. Yeye oap

I hate fake accents
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Strafudeen: 9:27am On Jun 24, 2023
bhella10:

It started when he was in channels
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Strafudeen: 9:29am On Jun 24, 2023
foxxydude:
Na wah for op 😂
Let Sule breeeth
Don't soffocate him😁

I like him, but the accent prevents me from following the conversation
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by iykofias(m): 9:30am On Jun 24, 2023
Miracood2:

dude said 5years 😂. Staying 20years in UK shouldn’t give a foreigner an accent

2 Likes

Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Strafudeen: 9:31am On Jun 24, 2023
SuperOnyi:
shocked

I don't know when speaking English, a language that isn't even ours how we want it became a crime. Why do some Nigerians get uncomfortable when someone speaks with an foreign accent for Christ sake?

I grew up listening to hip hop and watching a lot of YouTube videos, I was also very proud of speaking pidgin that English began to sound awkward when I spoke it. I didn't know if I was sounding "Nigerian" or foreign.

When I started to rap, I tried to rap in the so called "Nigerian" accent but people didn't pay much attention and some still said I sounded "foreign".

I decided to do what I loved doing my own way without faking shít, I used my normal accent considered "foreign" by Nigerian because I don't have that "thickness" and people easily accepted me.

I do try to add that Nigerian flow but all my words are pronounced in US English, if I wanted to know the pronunciation of a word — I use Google and select the American English.

So, y'all learn to appreciate people for fúck sake! English ain't our language, when I speak pidgin, I do so proudly but when it's English — I do my way, call it "fake accent" I don't care.

I appreciate the hard work he puts into his job, but his accent is fake , off puting, and distracts from the conversation
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Strafudeen: 9:32am On Jun 24, 2023
wiseone28:

Aswear. If its natural , its easy to get. People born abroad for instance, speak with a foreign accent in a natural, unforced way...suleiman makes listening to him a punishment for me

(1) (2) (Reply)

content deleted / Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook Status About Settler/indigene Issue In Nigeria / 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.