Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,388 members, 7,822,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? (2566 Views)

What Exactly Has Imo State Gained By Being At The 'center' For The Past 20yrs? / Can Anyone Tell Me One Thing Government Gained By Arresting Nnamdi Kanu? / How Kidnappers Gained Entry To College Of Forestry Kaduna (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by bhella10: 9:34am On Jun 24, 2023
Strafudeen:

It started when he was in channels
I didn't know him with ascent in Channels TV. Even their best news anchor ⚓ then Shiju Alabi uses her normal native drawl
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Strafudeen: 9:35am On Jun 24, 2023
iykofias:
dude said 5years 😂. Staying 20years in UK shouldn’t give a foreigner an accent
...abi oo
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by DevilsEqual(m): 10:32am On Jun 24, 2023
mayor1814:
Who accent help? Mtcheww. The reason why mode9 no matter how good he is as rapper will continue to remain unpopular in 9ja compared to other veteran rappers like ruggedman, eldee, eedris abdulkarim who held it down in the early 2000s to early 2010s.

Wait o
Mode9 dey fake accent?
Thought dude was born in the U.S and prolly schooled there
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by SuperOnyi: 12:16pm On Jun 24, 2023
Miracood2:

Yeah.. I just got to discover people from Plateau in my new sch.

Their English sounds a bit polished. Haha. Although they do insert 'T's instead of 'D's in some of their pronunciations.

shocked

Americans do that too, 'D's instead of 'T's in thirty, seventy, eighty, eternity and etcetera.
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Svoboda(m): 12:29pm On Jun 24, 2023
DevilsEqual:

Wait o
Mode9 dey fake accent?
Thought dude was born in the U.S and prolly schooled there

He was born in the Uk..
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by SuperOnyi: 12:34pm On Jun 24, 2023
mayor1814:
Who accent help? Mtcheww. The reason why mode9 no matter how good he is as rapper will continue to remain unpopular in 9ja compared to other veteran rappers like ruggedman, eldee, eedris abdulkarim who held it down in the early 2000s to early 2010s.

shocked

It was simply because he targeted the wrong audience, how many Nigerians can analyze rap songs like NoLifeShaq on YouTube? Or point out bars and punchlines?

People like dax are killing it independently, thanks to social media — funny enough, despite openly embracing "Nigerian", he has close to a million Nigerians following him on Facebook.
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Praxis758: 2:32pm On Jun 24, 2023
Yinkusgold:

Edo state.

Wow……. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Unbiased1: 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2023
Yinkusgold:
Joyce onyemuwa of Nigeria info 's accent is (stiil American) , a lady brought up in surulere and till now still sounding as if she doesn't mix with them in atarado markets.

Joyce makes me want to vomit. I hate her voice passionately and if you see the person forming the stupid accent eh, she resemble old mama. I wonder if she doesn't hear how Yvonne and Sandra sound so audibly.

1 Like

Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by DevilsEqual(m): 5:18pm On Jun 24, 2023
Svoboda:

He was born in the Uk..

Why then was that guy saying he does fake his accent

By the way, Mode9 sef no try, man no even find way to blow at all...neither did he feature any foreign artiste in any of his track
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Svoboda(m): 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
DevilsEqual:

By the way, Mode9 sef no try, man no even find way to blow at all...neither did he feature any foreign artiste in any of his track

I think his genre of rap, which is underground hiphop, wasn't that sellable in nigeria. He was more of rich content than danceable beats. unfortunately, danceable beats are more Marketable. He was greatly talented and vast and could have competed very keenly if he was based in the US.

1 Like

Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Caseless: 1:32am On Jun 25, 2023
Miracood2:

Doing accent as how? Dude spent more than 5 years in the UK. So it shouldn't be surprising if he speaks with an accent.
ah ahn... Wetin dem kanu, Aiyegbeni, ndidi, iheanacho,okocha, etc, wan speak with? Haha...
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by Caseless: 1:33am On Jun 25, 2023
DevilsEqual:

Modo na Baba
Re: What Has Suleiman Alede Gained By Changing His Accent? by kokoA(m): 1:48am On Jun 25, 2023
SuperOnyi:
shocked

I don't know when speaking English, a language that isn't even ours how we want it became a crime. Why do some Nigerians get uncomfortable when someone speaks with an foreign accent for Christ sake?

I grew up listening to hip hop and watching a lot of YouTube videos, I was also very proud of speaking pidgin that English began to sound awkward when I spoke it. I didn't know if I was sounding "Nigerian" or foreign.

When I started to rap, I tried to rap in the so called "Nigerian" accent but people didn't pay much attention and some still said I sounded "foreign".

I decided to do what I loved doing my own way without faking shít, I used my normal accent considered "foreign" by Nigerian because I don't have that "thickness" and people easily accepted me.

I do try to add that Nigerian flow but all my words are pronounced in US English, if I wanted to know the pronunciation of a word — I use Google and select the American English.

So, y'all learn to appreciate people for fúck sake! English ain't our language, when I speak pidgin, I do so proudly but when it's English — I do my way, call it "fake accent" I don't care.
Abeg getat..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of Alalubosa Lakeside GRA Ibadan / Oyinlola Wins Osun Election Petition / Wole Soyinka Backs Chinua Achebe On Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.