Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,431 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? (39207 Views)

19 Year Old Man Marries Two Wives At A Time In Bauchi. / At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? / Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Benwallt(m): 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2023
Grow some hair on your nuts and step up. Are you married?

1 Like

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Johnsplendor: 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2023
You supposed to have married long before now and have kids who are at least in primary or secondary school levels now. Maybe, have your own house and other business establishments etc.
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Nice2023(m): 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2023
Satanistx:
40 year old fool. how many years mark zuckerberg take senior you?

Answering a man who is jobless and weak is a pure waste of energy.

My wife can feed u and pay u daily salary.

Keep watching Big brother while others succeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by royalfly(m): 12:07pm On Aug 13, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
how many of those things have u achieved?

Just about that age, achieved everything except a good wife, though I have a wife and cute kids. God dey.
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Sultty(m): 12:07pm On Aug 13, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
To have bleeped at least 50 olosho with smelly pussy.
I'm following your post on your travel to Chile.i expectant for myself too

1 Like

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Entanglement: 12:09pm On Aug 13, 2023
GambaOsaka:

You think this is funny, right?
By the time they pick you up and lock you up at panti, you’ll be crying like a baby.
abeg go sit down poor man undecided
You too dey watch America movie too much
How many persons Una police don pick? undecided
No be after when crime don commit like 5hrs later you go see your yeye police dey access the damage!

No allow me Mark you ohh angry

1 Like

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by OvertheTop(m): 12:11pm On Aug 13, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
To have bleeped at least 50 olosho with smelly pussy.

grin grin grin. this Guy!!

1 Like

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Godmind2022(m): 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
Peace of mind.

The greatest achievement in life is peace of mind.

4 Likes

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Britishpea: 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2023
Good health, sane mind, proprietary of wisdom(not I sabi everything type of wisdom tho-oversabi) and something you are doing to make a living no matter how small, have ability to always strive for the top or improve yourself.

Possibly married with a kid or 2 but not most importantly.
Have ability not to be intimidated by your mates achievement.

My brother leave the rest.
Don’t forget to alway strive for the top and improve yourself.

Those people you envy to have had nice cars, built houses or travelled abroad probably don’t have good health and or can’t stand where you will be operating at 50because you always try to improve on yourself yourself- improve on yourself means physical, hygiene, cognitive, education, skills and Values.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by lollybizzu(m): 12:15pm On Aug 13, 2023
ednut1:
Stop putting yaself under pressure. No manual to life in Nigeria

Not anywhere in the world.

It's not a good thing to measure success in life by societal definition. It's a sign of immaturity no matter the age.

Define your succes, define your life.

3 Likes

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Eriokanmi: 12:15pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nice2023:
I just clocked 40 year old and I feel as if I have not done well for myself. May be because I had always set a standard, hence my high taste and expectations.

Now goes the question,as a Nigerian,what achievement do one expects from a 40years old man irrespective of his education?
How time flies bro. Please don't lose hope.

If you're one of those who chose leaders cos of sentiments, you may probably be among those who had fallen victims of empty promises and corruption due to the choice of bad leaders over time.

However, don't give up. I'm also in same age range as you. May God restore you and grant your heart desires. Happy birthday!.

At 40, you ought to have become either a successful director in a private or public firm if we had a good leader in place. Apart from this, you should be seeing your children in secondary school and the first born planning to enter a university. I was in my first year when my dad clocked 40 and graduated before he was 45. I was the first child. That's how it should be for every citizen. I woke up one day to see grey hair in my beard. I pulled it and later saw 2 strands until I kuku left it.

At your age, you ought to have had a house of your own bur our politicians had mortgaged a lot of people's future and yet, we keep following them.

It's never too late bro. Let's join hands in chasing g away bad leaders from our society. This is the only country we have. China and Singapore did this and they never regretted till today. God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Lekan239(m): 12:15pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nazgul:

A good wife and cute kids. (Yes)

A good job or a thriving business or both. (There is a biz but thriving in progress)

A property either in the city or village or both. (Yes)

An account balance of not less than 1m (hmmm)

Must have built a network of connections with the right people. (I'm 28 I think I still have time to meet a lot of people)

Must have a voice in your family. (I'm the first child, lot of responsibility)

Must have a passport.(No)

Must have visited at least 3 countries outside Nigeria.
(No)

By 40 I want to be rich and have peace of mind
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by olaniyilukman(m): 12:16pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nice2023:

U are indeed intimidated and weak.

Highly unmotivated and that is why u have nothing to contribute but quarrel which is also a product of where u reside.

Poor soul,everything shouldn't be fight.

Sorry,if I have just intimidated u.
You shouldn't have taken this too far, the respondent poured out his mind and if you are not satisfied with his replied, you should have ignore it and scroll pass it.... You shouldn't have post anything if you want everyone to say positive things about you
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by easzypeaszy(m): 12:16pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nice2023:
I just clocked 40 year old and I feel as if I have not done well for myself. May be because I had always set a standard, hence my high taste and expectations.

Now goes the question,as a Nigerian,what achievement do one expects from a 40years old man irrespective of his education?
Just make heaven.. I had a dream 2days ago.
Guy hell no be wer to go close to.
Dey use everytin judge me even my social media comments I wan die hahahahaha
It was scary as u just praying to wake up n u stil alive.

1 Like

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Mountbatten: 12:16pm On Aug 13, 2023
All this unnecessary pressure.

The moment you detach your achievements and progress from your age, you start living free from stress and worry, as you no longer engage in a competition with others but yourself.

In this economy, now is not the time to start drawing up checklists as everyone is going through a lot to survive this economy. Life is a marathon not a sprint as everyone has their own journey.

3 Likes

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by komzy589(m): 12:19pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nice2023:

Highly unmotivated and that is why u have nothing to contribute but quarrel which is also a product of where u reside.

From both your statements, you look like the bitter one that initiated the quarrel.

1 Like

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by franchasofficia: 12:19pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nice2023:

1.) Happily married to a visionary lady with great goals and focus.

2.) own at least one good car for easy movement

3.) Own at least 1 plot of land in a secured and developed or fast developing city/town

4.) Own an established business or trade or career that provides steady source of legitimate income that caters for you and your family financial needs.

5.) Have at least NGN2,000,000 backup savings

These are the minimum expectations which isn't really easy for most Nigerian men at 40 due to failed successive Nigerian Presidents and Governors/Senators

2 Likes

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Akalia(m): 12:20pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nazgul:

A good wife and cute kids.

A good job or a thriving business or both.

A property either in the city or village or both.

An account balance of not less than 1m

Must have built a network of connections with the right people.

Must have a voice in your family.

Must have a passport.

Yeye standards.

1 Like

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Nice2023(m): 12:21pm On Aug 13, 2023
Eriokanmi:
How time flies bro. Please don't lose hope.

If you're one of those who chose leaders cos of sentiments, you may probably be among those who had fallen victims of empty promises and corruption due to the choice of bad leaders over time.

However, don't give up. I'm also in same age range as you. May God restore you and grant your heart desires. Happy birthday!.

U are on point but these tribalist around the country will not allow the right people to be in power.

I don't pity people anymore.

At 40, you ought to have become either a successful director in a private or public firm if we had a good leader in place. Apart from this, you should be seeing your children in secondary school and the first born planning to enter a university. I was in my first year when my dad clocked 40 and graduated before he was 45. I was the first child. That's how it should be for every citizen. I woke up one day to see grey hair in my beard. I pulled it and later saw 2 strands until I kuku left it.

At your age, you ought to have had a house of your own bur our politicians had mortgaged a lot of people's future and yet, we keep following them.

It's never too late bro. Let's join hands in chasing g away bad leaders from our society. This is the only country we have. China and Singapore did this and they never regretted till today. God bless Nigeria.
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Godmind2022(m): 12:22pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nice2023:

You have just done the same thing you were trying to correct. May God help us all to see, not just the fault of others, but also OUR OWN FAULT. Thanks and God bless you. I love you.👍

2 Likes

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by condralbedez: 12:22pm On Aug 13, 2023
DeeBaDan:
Okay Mr. Oppressor. Kuku come out and brag openly.

What and what have you achieved at 40. Let's rephrase your hypocrisy abit
grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by 18wheeler: 12:24pm On Aug 13, 2023
Looking at what it took me to survive the last 6 years is an achievement in itself. I clocked 40 in between those years. Thank God I’m stable now and despite the delay in meeting my targets I have adjusted the timelines and really working towards achieving them in the next 2 years. Most are WIP at various stages. There’s no standard template for determining achievement in this dysfunctional society of ours. You see people fulfilling dreams in mid 30s and some struggling to death in their 60s to 70s with nothing to identify with. It’s reality of life.

3 Likes

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Akalia(m): 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2023
DrAda:
Well, considering the unwavering decline in the nation's economy, any 40 year man who is able to take care of himself and his loved ones should be very proud of himself.
Can't agree more with your submission.
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by glingev(m): 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2023
Success is being able to go to sleep each night with your mind at peace

2 Likes

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by maasoap(m): 12:30pm On Aug 13, 2023
DeeBaDan:

Trust me. Ive been creating jobs since eight years and oga. Your 10 Million doesn't intimidate me

You created this thread with a motive to brag. Hence I'm asking you to come out fully to say what you think you've achieved that's alot.

Now, you're the one bragging in the end grin grin grin. Op is smarter than you.
You shouldn't have given his thread your own meaning even though, I feel the same way.
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Eriokanmi: 12:31pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nazgul:

A good wife and cute kids.

A good job or a thriving business or both.

A property either in the city or village or both.

An account balance of not less than 1m

Must have built a network of connections with the right people.

Must have a voice in your family.

Must have a passport.

Nice but such standards can only happen in a sane country. Nigerians are going through a lot. No thanks to tribalism and sentiments in which they've enmeshed their souls.

Look at those who call themselves leaders. Their children fly private or chartered jets while the children of the masses they cheat hardly see money to travel. Our lagos landlord son is a good example. cheesy. We'd be wise someday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by ejifranks(m): 12:31pm On Aug 13, 2023
[sup][/sup]
bashtee09:

Good evening ma, please can you assist me with 1k
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by Eriokanmi: 12:32pm On Aug 13, 2023
DeeBaDan:

Trust me. Ive been creating jobs since eight years and oga. Your 10 Million doesn't intimidate me

You created this thread with a motive to brag. Hence I'm asking you to come out fully to say what you think you've achieved that's alot.
Have! You've been creating jobs at 8? shocked. Tell me more...
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by tonididdy(m): 12:32pm On Aug 13, 2023
@40 I’ll love to be retired and concentrate on my kids
Make them college graduates… the rest is their headache, I don try.

@40 I’ll love to have my dream home with a blueprint from scratch

@40 I’ll definitely want a licensed gun in Nigeria.

@40 I’ll love to attempt politics or at least be influential in society ( roll with the real big boys in politics in Edo state )
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by bashtee09(m): 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2023
ejifranks:
[sup][/sup]
Good afternoon, please I need the 1k for feeding, can I drop my account
Re: What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? by LOVEGINO(m): 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2023
Nice2023:

just tell us wetin u don achieve so far. No dey attack pipu comments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Appearances Are Deceptive: Meeting Old Classmate By Ademola Henry Adigun / A Quadruple Amputee & His Girlfriend's Love Story In Pictures / My Sister Married An Efulefu. What Should She Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.