Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? (2007 Views)

FG Launches CNG-Powered Buses In Abuja / What To Expect From CNG Powered Cars In Nigeria ? / Is CNG Powered Vehicle Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by LikeAking: 9:26pm On Jun 24, 2023
Kindly bless us with your comments.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by PoliteActivist: 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2023
What is CGN?
Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by favor914: 9:39pm On Jun 24, 2023
PoliteActivist:
What is CGN?
Compressed Natural Gas.

1 Like

Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by PoliteActivist: 9:49pm On Jun 24, 2023
favor914:
Compressed Natural Gas.

Thanks. So where do you get the cars and gen?
Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 24, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Thanks. So where do you get the cars and gen?
It can be installed on any Car running on petrol. One can simply switch between CNG & petrol.

I'm told installation cost around 300k. Filing station popular in Benin & Nipco CNG station in Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by PoliteActivist: 10:15pm On Jun 24, 2023
pineed:

It can be installed on any Car running on petrol. One can simply switch between CNG & petrol.

I'm told installation cost around 300k. Filing station popular in Benin & Nipco CNG station in Abuja.

Thanks. 300K. Not bad

1 Like

Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by Cassandraloius: 10:36pm On Jun 24, 2023
I no even get car. undecided

1 Like

Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by Vivianat(f): 11:02pm On Jun 24, 2023
pineed:

It's now 430k for 4 cylinder engines and 460k for 6 and 8 cylinder engines

5 Likes

Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by wwwkaycom(m): 4:42am On Jun 25, 2023
How much is CNG at the moment?
Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by Vivianat(f): 4:48am On Jun 25, 2023
wwwkaycom:
How much is CNG at the moment?
110/unit

1 Like

Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by Saao(m): 6:38am On Jun 25, 2023
Vivianat:

Not bad oo, what about in a gen?

1 Like

Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by cyberguy72(m): 7:54am On Jun 25, 2023
Vivianat:

Where can this be done
Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by Vivianat(f): 8:12am On Jun 25, 2023
cyberguy72:
Where can this be done
Benin
Ibafo
Lagos
Abuja

3 Likes

Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by ebenezary(m): 11:23am On Jun 25, 2023
Which stations are selling GNC now
Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by inoki247: 11:31am On Jun 25, 2023
Vivianat:

Benin
Ibafo
Lagos
Abuja

I also saw one at Ibadan and a Station that sell the CNG in Ibadan..
Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by Vivianat(f): 12:00pm On Jun 25, 2023
inoki247:

I also saw one at Ibadan and a Station that sell the CNG in Ibadan..
Yes the Mobil service station at the Ibadan end of the Lagos expressway is installing two CNG pumps

2 Likes

Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by aieromon(m): 12:18pm On Jun 25, 2023
cc GAZZUZZ
Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by NaijaCowFarm: 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2023
What about safety

Especially with Nigerians who like to cut corners
Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by DevilsEqual(m): 12:54pm On Jun 25, 2023
Vivianat:

Yes the Mobil service station at the Ibadan end of the Lagos expressway is installing two CNG pumps

Na everything u sabi?? angry
Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by LikeAking: 1:41pm On Jun 25, 2023
Vivianat:

110/unit

Better than fuel @ 550.
Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by cyberguy72(m): 2:00pm On Jun 25, 2023
Vivianat:

Benin
Ibafo
Lagos
Abuja
Do u work there?
Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by Vivianat(f): 2:27pm On Jun 25, 2023
LikeAking:

Better than fuel @ 550.
But 2k gas may only carry you for 150km on a normal 4 cylinder engine. So you'll need to regass.... Hence there's a urgent need for more pump stations

4 Likes

Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by Vivianat(f): 2:27pm On Jun 25, 2023
cyberguy72:
Do u work there?
Nope. Any issue you need help with?

1 Like

Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by Vivianat(f): 2:30pm On Jun 25, 2023
NaijaCowFarm:
What about safety

Especially with Nigerians who like to cut corners
That's why CNG is better than LPG for your cars. CNG if it leaks disperses and the ignition temperature is extremely high. So probability for a fire in case of a leak is zero. However LPG gas (cooking gas) is another story. LPG doesn't disperse as it's denser and settles with a lower ignition temperature... In case of a leak LPG gas can auto ignite....

2 Likes

Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by Vivianat(f): 2:32pm On Jun 25, 2023
ebenezary:
Which stations are selling GNC now
Nipco ibafo, Benin, Lagos Island, Mobil Ibadan tollgate, there's one at Okene, Ajaokuta, and Nipco Airport road Abuja

Then we have banner 🎋 energy I think at ikorodu

2 Likes

Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by OfoIgbo: 2:35pm On Jun 25, 2023
LikeAking:
Kindly bless us with your comments.

I added CNG/LPG fuel burning capabilities to my generator about a week ago.

My generator can now use 3 sorts of fuels.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2023
LikeAking:

Better than fuel @ 550.

Depends. If you need 10 units of CNG to run what you'll need 1vlitre if petrol to run nko? I don't have the details of how this works yet. So, I'll be careful before installing this in my car.
Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by LikeAking: 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2023
OfoIgbo:

I added CNG/LPG fuel burning capabilities to my generator about a week ago.

My generator can now use 3 sorts of fuels.

Is it cheaper to run CNG, instead of fuel?
Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 25, 2023
Vivianat:

I see.. thanks for the update. I think cost depends on location/state
Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by cyberguy72(m): 5:27pm On Jun 25, 2023
Vivianat:

Nope. Any issue you need help with?
You seem to know so much about this CNG thing am impressed
Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by Vivianat(f): 6:17pm On Jun 25, 2023
LikeAking:

Yes it is. A factory standard civic will use 6 litres for 100km on the highway= 500Ă—6 = 3000
CNG will cost far less than 2000 naira.

Subsidy Removal: CNG at N130 Per Litre Cheaper Than Petrol—IPMAN

At a meeting on Monday night between the government and the labour unions, it was agreed that the adoption of CNG as an alternative fuel would be the best option, and it was agreed that the CNG conversion programme earlier planned in 2021 should be revived.

CNG, which is a gas mainly composed of methane and produces less emission, is the cleanest burning fuel operating today with less vehicle maintenance and longer engine life.

In the interview with NAN, Mr Okoronkwo said bringing CNG, which was cheaper than even firewood, as an alternative energy, would create relief for the government and its citizens.

“We have also discovered that bringing an alternative that is cheaper than even firewood which is CNG, will not only create relief for the government and its citizens but it is environmentally friendly.

In the Niger Delta region, you see billions of tonnes of gas flare being wasted daily, these are huge amounts that should be accruing to our GDP, but we are wasting it because there is no market for it.

“So, we are asking the government to create the market. How do you create the market?

“What Egypt and India did was to give soft loans to be paid back within stipulated periods; from there, you can get vehicles to use gas instead of fuel,” he said.

“There’s a franchise for the bottling of CNG so that an average woman in the kitchen can use it,’’ he added, noting that the introduction of CNG would cushion the effect occasioned by the high price of fuel currently as a litre of CNG would not cost more than N130.

He advised that repairing the local refineries as well would reduce the impact of the removal as it would eliminate the cost of importation and exportation.

Re: Have You Used Any CNG Powered Car Or Gen? by OfoIgbo: 10:07am On Jun 26, 2023
LikeAking:

It is way cheaper to run CNG and LPG than petrol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Every Non Igboid Deltan Must Key Into Anioma State / Nigeria Successfully Pays Back China,india IMF Others, $560m Debt In 2024 / This Is Uloen In Ondo State(Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.