Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,652 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary (440 Views)

This Is Michael Jackson Grave Not House / Who Is Michael Boulos? Tiffany Trump's Nigerian Boyfriend? / Uriel To Her Childhood Friend: Return My Belt You Took 14 Years Ago (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary by DSS1335: 4:30am On Jun 25, 2023
On this day, June 25th 2009 Michael Jackson who was unarguably regarded one of the world's greatest entertainer died of acute propofol overdose.

The only man who made STRAIGHT grown men squeal like teenagers and FAINT at concerts. Everyone was 'gay' for the King of Pop.

Even after death, his songs are still fetching millions of dollars for his estates
For instance, in March 2010, Sony Music signed a $250 million deal with the Jackson estate to extend their distribution rights to Jackson's back catalog until at least 2017; it had been due to expire in 2015. It was the most expensive music contract for a single artist in history. They agreed to release ten albums of previously unreleased material and new collections of released work. The deal was extended in 2017.That July, a Los Angeles court awarded Quincy Jones $9.4 million of disputed royalty payments for Off the Wall, Thriller, and Bad. In July 2018, Sony/ATV bought the estate's stake in EMI for $287.5 million.

In 2014, Jackson became the first artist to have a top-ten single in the Billboard Hot 100 in five different decades. The following year, Thriller became the first album to be certified for 30 million shipments by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). A year later, it was certified 33× platinum after Soundscan added streams and audio downloads to album certifications.

His influence extended beyond the music industry; he impacted dance, led fashion trends, and raised awareness for global affairs. Jackson's music and videos fostered racial diversity in MTV's roster and steered its focus from rock to pop music and R&B, shaping the channel into a form that proved enduring.

In songs such as "Man in the Mirror", "Black or White", Heal the World, "Earth Song" and "They Don't Care About Us", Jackson's music emphasized racial integration and environmentalism and protested injustice. He is recognized as the Most Successful Entertainer of All Time by Guinness World Records.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary by CivilianJTF(m): 4:32am On Jun 25, 2023
Make he continue to dey Rest In Peace
Re: Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary by DSS1335: 4:43am On Jun 25, 2023
Let's see how much you know about Michael Jackson

Below are 21 animated image of Michael Jackson's musical journey. Link the image to the songs/music they represent.
Eg. The last image (no 21) represent the music, "you Rock my world". Featuring Chris Tucker and Kishaya Dudley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary by Keegan: 4:54am On Jun 25, 2023
DSS1335:
Let's see how much you know about Michael Jackson

Beat It /Billie Jean/ Thriller/ Leave Me Alone/ The Way You Make Me Feel/ Come Together/ Bad/ Smooth Criminal/ In The Closet/ Jam/ Black Or White/ Black Or White/ Remember The Time/ Scream/ You Are Not Alone/ Earth Song/ They Don't Care About Us/ Stranger In Moscow/ Ghosts/ Blood On The Dance Floor/ You Rock My World

3 Likes

Re: Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary by Keegan: 5:00am On Jun 25, 2023
Re: Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary by eepeepook: 5:14am On Jun 25, 2023
Is it that nobody uses single accounts on Nairaland anymore?

Hmm. Already fourteen years. I always believed he'd live to seventy. Life had other plans.
Re: Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary by DSS1335: 6:01am On Jun 25, 2023
Keegan:

Beat It /Billie Jean/ Thriller/ Leave Me Alone/ The Way You Make Me Feel/ Come Together/ Bad/ Smooth Criminal/ In The Closet/ Jam/ Black Or White/ Black Or White/ Remember The Time/ Scream/ You Are Not Alone/ Earth Song/ They Don't Care About Us/ Stranger In Moscow/ Ghosts/ Blood On The Dance Floor/ You Rock My World

A Michael's die-hard fan spotted.
You got everything accurately

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary by PlayerMeji: 6:18am On Jun 25, 2023
In another era, Jackson would have been made into a god!

We would have been praying by Jackson's name now...

In Jackson's name, Be entertained! Amen!

1 Like

Re: Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary by princeade86(m): 6:28am On Jun 25, 2023
Music that impacted many lives. Not only to just dey sing yansh yansh song Everytime, and lasted for 10 years and some ignorant will be calling them legend. Jackson and fela are the true legends in the industry. Fela to Africa, Jackson to d world. Yet, both of them also don't live normal life. Fela, weeds. Jackson, changed of physic.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary by sleek214(m): 6:52am On Jun 25, 2023
A true legend

1 Like

Re: Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary by DSS1335: 9:14am On Jun 25, 2023
princeade86:
Music that impacted many lives. Not only to just dey sing yansh yansh song Everytime, and lasted for 10 years and some ignorant will be calling them legend. Jackson and fela are the true legends in the industry. Fela to Africa, Jackson to d world. Yet, both of them also don't live normal life. Fela, weeds. Jackson, changed of physic.

You can say that again.
Amongst all greatest artists, Michael was simply the best amongst the best.

These once too used to be my favorite R.Kelly, Phil Collins, Don Williams, Bob Marley, Celine Dion, Diana Ross,West life, Whitney Houston and so on but none have the influence of making a STRAIGHT grown ass men squeal like a kid and faint during musical concerts. No musician has ever evoked such a sensation to pierce the soul aside the king of pop!

I read few days ago that one nonentity called Portable was even comparing himself to MJ. LMAO 🤣🤣🤣🤣! Someone who is not even worthy to untie MJ's lace.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary by Jokerman(m): 9:20am On Jun 25, 2023
The GOAT
Re: Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary by Jokerman(m): 9:21am On Jun 25, 2023
Keegan:

Dangerous is after jam, just before Black or white
Re: Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary by Narijoel(m): 9:24am On Jun 25, 2023
Continue resting in peace, the Legend, Michael Jackson!

1 Like

Re: Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary by DSS1335: 9:51am On Jun 25, 2023
Jokerman:

Dangerous is after jam, just before Black or white
You are very correct, though, it could be confusing considering that appeared that way at the end of the black or white music when a black panther transformed to him.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary by princeade86(m): 3:15pm On Jun 25, 2023
DSS1335:

You can say that again.

These once too used to be my favorite R.Kelly, Phil Collins, Don Williams, Bob Marley, Celine Dion, Diana Ross,West life, Whitney Houston and so on but none have the influence of making a STRAIGHT grown ass men squeal like a kid and faint during musical concerts. No musician has ever evoked such a sensation to pierce the soul aside the king of pop!

I read few days ago that one nonentity called Portable was even comparing himself to MJ. LMAO 🤣🤣🤣🤣! Someone who is not even worthy to untie MJ's lace.
who is portable pls. Is he a footballer or actor
Re: Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary by dahmie2013: 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2023
Keegan:

Giving you a virtual hug... wink
Re: Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary by dahmie2013: 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2023
Rest on The King of Pop. I was playing his tracks some weeks ago.
Re: Today Is Michael Jackson's 14 Years Memorial Anniversary by mayor1814: 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2023
DSS1335:

You can say that again.

Don't mind portable. He's high. Someone we cannot compare to Wizkid or Tuface or FELA or KSA.

(1) (Reply)

JUST IN: Court Sends Skit Maker, Trinity Guy To AGODI Prison / This Families Own Nigeria | Richest Families In Nigeria 2023 / Samklef, Slimcase, And Tunde Ednut Respond As Pastor Adeboye Describes How God S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.