Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

My Landlady Says She Will Pump Water Once Every 5days Due To Increase In Tariff. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlady Says She Will Pump Water Once Every 5days Due To Increase In Tariff. (365 Views)

My Landlady And Her Daughter Want To Finish Me! / My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! / Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Landlady Says She Will Pump Water Once Every 5days Due To Increase In Tariff. by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:01am On Jun 25, 2023
I leave in a 2bedroom flat downstairs while my landlady occupies another 2bedroom flat upstair.

There's another tenant at the back occupying a room and palour self contain.

We all use the same analogue postpaid meter. Sometimes we receive a bill as high as 20k monthly, sometimes we'll receive a bill as low as 9k monthly. I normally pay 3k monthly when the bill is low and 5k when the bill is high.

We have 2 water tanks, the landlady is using one while I and the other tenant at the back is using one. I am married with 3 kids and a house help likewise my co-tenant. The landlady is staying alone and her water can even last upto 3weeks but ours lasts for a maximum of 3 or 4days.

Our tank is 500 litres while landlady's own is around 650 litres.

How do I confront her concerning the issue of pumping water once every 5days.
Re: My Landlady Says She Will Pump Water Once Every 5days Due To Increase In Tariff. by siofragspot: 7:04am On Jun 25, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: My Landlady Says She Will Pump Water Once Every 5days Due To Increase In Tariff. by Taich(m): 7:13am On Jun 25, 2023
Is tricky but you have options, get water storage rubber tanks like two hundred litres x2, make sure you fill them on water pumping days, or meet your lady and offer her more money for the increase tariff. So sad, that's the reality on ground.

3 Likes

Re: My Landlady Says She Will Pump Water Once Every 5days Due To Increase In Tariff. by frazee: 7:17am On Jun 25, 2023
When you live in an apartment where the owner lives in. And these landlord/landlady that behaves irrational most times inherited this property.
Mine back then kept the switch of pumping machine inside his house, so you have to beg then to pump water. If they travel for any festive season, no water. The truth is that you n tour Co tenant should just go and beg her to review her decision because you use more water for your daily activity more than her or better still go and buy big drums and start saving water whenever she pumps.
Re: My Landlady Says She Will Pump Water Once Every 5days Due To Increase In Tariff. by garriAndsugar: 7:22am On Jun 25, 2023
The best thing is to increase the contribution
Re: My Landlady Says She Will Pump Water Once Every 5days Due To Increase In Tariff. by sotall(m): 7:30am On Jun 25, 2023
Simple solution...
Get storage containers and fill it when there is water.
Re: My Landlady Says She Will Pump Water Once Every 5days Due To Increase In Tariff. by donbachi(m): 7:36am On Jun 25, 2023
Just increase the number of drums in your house.
Re: My Landlady Says She Will Pump Water Once Every 5days Due To Increase In Tariff. by Tinubuwins2023e: 7:36am On Jun 25, 2023
Adjust
Re: My Landlady Says She Will Pump Water Once Every 5days Due To Increase In Tariff. by nifemi25(m): 7:51am On Jun 25, 2023
There are 2 things involved. Either you and your Co tenant have a meeting with your landlord for you to increase ur monthly nepa bill or just go and buy water drums ....
Re: My Landlady Says She Will Pump Water Once Every 5days Due To Increase In Tariff. by kernniejay(m): 7:52am On Jun 25, 2023
Taich:
It's tricky but you have option, get water storage rubber tanks like two hundred litres x2, make sure you fill them on water pumping days.
OP, follows this advise, but don't offer to increase your payment for Nepa bill. You will be giving your landlady an idea to increase her house rent.
Re: My Landlady Says She Will Pump Water Once Every 5days Due To Increase In Tariff. by LikeAking: 8:04am On Jun 25, 2023
Nigerians..

Na talk she talk..

Allow every thing settle..

Never leave in a house with the landlord, such landlords are usually low life's.
Re: My Landlady Says She Will Pump Water Once Every 5days Due To Increase In Tariff. by youngsahito(m): 8:50am On Jun 25, 2023
The analog prepaid doesn't read kwh usage, she is just been wicked with it. You and your co-tenant should meet her on how the decision is not favourable to your families.
Re: My Landlady Says She Will Pump Water Once Every 5days Due To Increase In Tariff. by Solsix(m): 10:10am On Jun 25, 2023
She should have given you guys the bigger tank to start with or allow you guys to share from her own when yours finishes. Nawa for some people reasoning
Re: My Landlady Says She Will Pump Water Once Every 5days Due To Increase In Tariff. by SegilolaSalami: 10:25am On Jun 25, 2023
If the NEPA bill is ₦20k a month, if you share it equally, you should each pay ₦6700. As your usage is more, you should pay more. If your landlady lived alone and had a meter to herself, she would not have to pump water often. So the increased bill is from pumping water frequently for the tenants.

As other people have suggested, get water storage drums and fill them up with water. This is the simplest solution in my opinion.

Speak with your co-tenant and offer to pay more money towards pumping water. At the end of the day, the money goes to NEPA.

Speak with your co-tenant to discuss the implications of getting a meter that serves just the two of you. If you both come to some agreement then discuss it with your landlady. If she agrees, you can pump water as much as you want. However, if I were your landlady, I would never agree to this option.
Re: My Landlady Says She Will Pump Water Once Every 5days Due To Increase In Tariff. by Taich(m): 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2023
kernniejay:

OP, follows this advise, but don't offer to increase your payment for Nepa bill. You will be giving your landlady an idea to increase her house rent.

Hmm, my brother the sad reality on ground is that everything in Nigeria will increase by a %, you can only negotiate the %, the earlier we make peace with this fact the better for our mental health. House rent, school fees, food stuffs, etc, all will increase because fuel affects them all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Check Dis Cheap 4 Nos Of 4 Bedroom Duplex At Amuwo Odofin With Cofo / Agbour Oxford Layout Amokpo Nike Enugu State / A Wing Of 5b/r Duplex With 2 Rm Bq At Gbagada Estate Phase 1 With C Of O. #48mil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.