Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road (13624 Views)

Suspects Named Uche Nwosu & Okorocha As Sponsors Of Kidnapping - Imo Govt / Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? / South East Leaders Converge On Enugu Airport To Witness Its Reopening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by Estello: 1:53pm On Jun 25, 2023
Enugu state Police Command has denied the viral video clip and media report that Enugu-Ugwogo road is not safe, that hoodlums kidnapped three persons on Friday.

Police public relations officer, Enugu Police Command, DSP Dan Ndukwe in a statement on Saturday, described the report as untrue and misleading.

The statement read:

Enugu State Police Command is in receipt of a viral video clip depicting gunshots and people running in a forest, with the accompanying message that “Enugu-Ugwogo is not safe now… Yesterday, hoodlums kidnapped three times yesterday. The first was by 12pm, 2pm and 6pm.” This was similarly published in some news blogs and webpages with the title: “kidnappers conduct marathon operations at Nsukka-Ugwogo-Nike-Enugu Road”.

“The Command, therefore, wishes to state categorically that the video, with the accompanying message and the news publications, are not only untrue, but highly unfounded and misleading.

“This is because there was no such serial or repeated incident of kidnapping on the same day as reported, or shooting and chaotic incident as relayed in the video, at the mentioned location or any other part of the State.

“As a matter of fact, forensic analysis of the video indicates that it did not happen anywhere in the country, let alone Enugu State. In the same vein, the Command sees the unverified and unfounded report of repeated kidnapping incidents on the same day, as a misleading and mischievous act of misinformation, aimed at creating panic in the State.

“Nonetheless, the Command, while acknowledging the recent reoccurrence of acts of abduction/kidnapping at some locations of the said road, wishes to clearly state that sensationalizing and blowing the situation out of proportion, as intended by peddlers of the video clip and the publication, will never be in the best interest of the security and safety of the State and her people.

“Consequently, the Commissioner of Police, CP Ahmed Ammani, fdc has ordered the massive deployment of the Command’s policing resources to the said location and other of such locations, to sustain onslaught against criminal elements.

” He reiterates the unwavering commitment of the Command to contain such acts of crime and criminality in the State and to bring their perpetrators to book.

“The CP, therefore, enjoins citizens of the State, especially those of locations where acts of abduction/kidnapping and other criminality are perpetrated, to assist the Command with credible information and intelligence required to tackle the situations headlong. This they can do by reporting at the nearest Police Station or by calling the Command’s emergency hotlines on: 08032003702, 08075380883, 08086671202 or 08098880172, or send email to infoenugupolice@gmail.com, Nduka said

http://fountaincarereporters..com/2023/06/police-disclaim-fake-viral-video-report.html

3 Likes

Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by Boyooosa(m): 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2023
Ah
Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:03pm On Jun 25, 2023
Yesterday, hoodlums kidnapped three times yesterday.
The first was by 12pm, 2pm and 6pm.”
This was similarly published in some news blogs and webpages with the title: “kidnappers conduct marathon operations at Nsukka-Ugwogo-Nike-Enugu Road.
Na set by set now?
Different info from everyone around.
God deliver Nigeria from fake news.
You don't know what is true or lies anymore.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by Chatgpt: 2:03pm On Jun 25, 2023
grin grin
Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by PussyKing(m): 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2023
Tinubu is not proactive undecided undecided undecided

He has not commented on the flood that is ravaging some part of Abuja

He has never sent relieve materials

Tinubu has failed Nigerians undecided undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by TheZooHasFalln: 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2023
But knowing that Nigeria police is an institution of LIES from LINUS University of Lieology located in Liesland, how am I supposed to believe them now If you counter this their claim now with more evidence, they'd be like... The number of the kidnapped victims are not 27, only but just 7.

They never would want to do the needful but will be very diligent with debunking the information they are too lazy to investigate.

12 Likes

Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by successmatters(m): 2:05pm On Jun 25, 2023
That's the work of agbado people who wants to spread bad news on a peaceful region.

6 Likes

Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by jackpot(f): 2:06pm On Jun 25, 2023
Them tell us say if dem devalue Naira, we go buy dollar for around 600, fiam, the Current rate now na N823 per dollar, according to Google.

When fuel is imported with the current dollar rate, the price of fuel may sell above N800 per litre.

Flight tickets have doubled. Flights of N450k last year is now N850k.

People paying for tuition overseas through CBN are now paying near double of what was paid last year.

Price of goods and transportation have doubled in the market in Naija.

Subsidy has been removed without increase in salaries.

Things are more difficult now than during Buhari era.

Sure say Nigerians no go miss Buhari like this so?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by vanshwerz: 2:06pm On Jun 25, 2023
We hope so
Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by yarimo(m): 2:07pm On Jun 25, 2023
Fake news is in there blood

Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by concacid: 2:07pm On Jun 25, 2023
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by FatimaAbubakar(f): 2:07pm On Jun 25, 2023
We cannot disconnect the origin of that news from shameless Agbadorians.

4 Likes

Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by Rich4god(m): 2:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
Who has the link to the video, let's confirm it first.
Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by Meerahbel: 2:09pm On Jun 25, 2023
At 38, I was losing interest in my job as a carpenter and my back hurt. At 40, I had my first child, a girl. At 42, my first son. At 45, I entered university. At 50, I had two bachelors degrees: computer science and applied mathematics. But something called the dot-com crash had happened while I was studying and computer work was hard to find, even for the young kids I was at university with. I spent another year at school, training to be a math teacher, then had a semester as a supply/substitute teacher, called in when someone was sick. I was called in twice in four months. Meanwhile, I was working as a carpenter again, actually enjoying it after a long break. Then I was offered a temporary job teaching residential construction and math-based engineering courses to young adults at a polytechnic. The students were great: good people with varied backgrounds. The job became permanent until I retired a few months ago at 66. I could have continued but have plans, interests, which will only become more difficult to achieve.

Have I achieved much in life? It depends on your value system, I suppose. I am certainly not wealthy in financial terms but, with a small pension and some investment income, I have all I need. (Certainly, if I'd started earlier, I'd have more money but I have no regrets.) I have a beautiful wife whom I love even more than the day I married her 30+ years ago. I have two wonderful adult children. I am fairly healthy. I am happy. I have achieved all I could wish for. I am very lucky.

Copied

1 Like

Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:09pm On Jun 25, 2023
PussyKing:
Tinubu is not proactive
Tinubu has failed Nigerians
Incoherent jargons by Nairaland kids everywhere.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by successmatters(m): 2:09pm On Jun 25, 2023
PussyKing:

Fact.
Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by Eriggs: 2:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
Mad people with fake news everywhere. Pigs
Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by Ceve: 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2023
Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by lumens: 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2023
, Eriggs, Nlpolicewoman are the same accounts.

Vulture Griller.

3 Likes

Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by Eriggs: 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2023
PussyKing:
Normal off point by ipob supporter. Dem Peter Obi d thief supporters

2 Likes

Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by johnjose68: 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2023
successmatters:
That's the work of agbado people who wants to spread bad news on a peaceful region.

Yeaster region is peaceful ooo. We are sitting at home in peace.

Kudos to our ever notorious UGM and ESN grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by JeffreyD1(m): 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2023
I don run into kidnappers for that Enugu okigwe express it wasn't funny
Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by lumens: 2:15pm On Jun 25, 2023
Eriggs:
Mad people with fake news everywhere. Pigs

Crop science graduate roasting vultures for sale.

Who is madder?

2 Likes

Re: Police Disclaim Viral Video, Report Of Kidnapping On Enugu Road by Chno: 2:16pm On Jun 25, 2023
The kidnappers dey even do shift cry12pm, 2pm and 6pm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Warplanes Consume 1.9Million Litres Of Fuel Monthly / President Muhammadu Buhari Critics Are Impatient, Selfish – Govr Bello Masari / President Buhari To Travel To New York, Would Speak At The UN - Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.