Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US (43360 Views)

How Fani-kayode Caught Estranged Wife, Precious, In Bed With Naval Officer / Tinubu Reveals Cause Of APC Crisis, Sends Message To Oshiomhole, NWC Members / Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by Odumegwu444: 2:33pm On Jun 25, 2023

President Bola Tinubu shared a glimpse into his humble beginnings, revealing that he once worked as a taxi driver in the United States and even experienced being slapped by a naval officer Why Naval OffiSlapped Him In US.

President Bola Tinubu shared a glimpse into his humble beginnings, revealing that he once worked as a taxi driver in the United States and even experienced being slapped by a naval officer for unintentionally

The President’s experiences were published in a biography titled ‘Tinubu: My life as gypsy cab driver in the US’, written by seasoned journalist Mike Awoyinfa and featured on the back page of a national

According to the story, Tinubu worked as an unlicensed taxi driver in Chicago, picking passengers up from the airport and driving them to their destinations.

The President revealed that he took up this driving job as a means of financial support before he started school.

He narrated, “We got an unregistered used car commonly called Gypsy, which we ran as a taxi. We operated at the airport where we picked passengers, and not anywhere else, like the hotel because it was forbidden for unlicensed cab drivers to do so.

“We did that for a while to raise some money. Bolaji went to Tennessee, while I headed for Chicago.

“I was supposed to have started schooling in April. I deferred it till September in order to have more money. Immediately I got to Chicago, I went straight to Richard Daley College. It was very interesting.

“I was able to pay for my apartment and tuition fees at Chicago State University. I supplemented that by doing different menial jobs like door guard and security man.”

Speaking further about the incident, he said the naval officer he carried responded with a slap on his face because overcharged him, as his destination was a nearby.

“As a cab driver, one experience I will never forget was when I over-charged a naval officer who was returning to the country. It was not intentional,” Tinubu said.
Apparently, I didn’t know the direction. There was no GPRS in those days to locate directions. So, he gave me the direction to his house in a Virginia suburb.

“I gave him the price and the man responded with a slap to my face. He said I should know the correct price to charge to the location he mentioned. He slapped me and gave me the money
https://dailytrust.com/tinubu-why-a-naval-officer-slapped-me-in-us/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR070IDwvugyllKcq3pTKwdbBngiNBuSDERRIwT5m_8Fe2C1LcncxMaz73M#Echobox=1687713837

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by abobote: 2:55pm On Jun 25, 2023
He is a common criminal in the US

162 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by Guide777(m): 2:58pm On Jun 25, 2023
When average Nigerians starts humbly, greed soon takes over. Illegality becomes the order. Unlicensed cab and then, slid into white powder.

107 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by Bringbackmandat: 3:07pm On Jun 25, 2023
Any biography without the name of his primary and secondary school is rubbish.

202 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by Truthday: 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2023
Try harder

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by Zupay: 7:16am On Jun 26, 2023
Laughing in Swahili.😆😆😆

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by BeninRefugees: 7:26am On Jun 26, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
hahaha grin

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by xristos(m): 7:47am On Jun 26, 2023
ok...but whats the lesson/morale of the story 🤷🏻‍♂️

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by Danisaint112(m): 8:01am On Jun 26, 2023
The man gave you a dirty slap because he knows you love over tasking. It has always been your trademark.
He was trying to tell you they don't rob people with heavy fees in the states. sad

It's either the corn lord over bills people or introduce policies that would lead to institutions, companies and organizations over billing people.

Tell us the primary and secondary school you attended. Also tell us wether or not you are a transgender while you were in Chicago not this rubbish you are dishing out.

131 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by hush15: 8:07am On Jun 26, 2023
Bringbackmandat:

Gbamsolutely.... one thing that's still never revealed is his primary and secondary education. So I beg to wonder, did this man just grow up the day he was born or what....

No history of his childhood, we just hear know his story starting from Chicago

No autobiographies dares goes that side cos they know Nigerians will go and verify... grin cool

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by ManirBK: 1:11pm On Jun 26, 2023
Such is Life

Carry go Mr president and God bless your office

God bless Nigeria

God bless me too

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by DMerciful(m): 1:34pm On Jun 26, 2023
Everything about him is shady.

The court should quickly do the needful that's certain!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by Zico5(m): 1:35pm On Jun 26, 2023
Everyone has humble beginning but see as children of hate are casting stones left and right as if their Grigory is a saint. A man that saw to killings of Anambra residence through Akwuzu SARS. They forget internet never forget. Tinubu should just continue to rule while their master continue to sit and enjoy life in court

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 26, 2023
Peter Obi's birthday is next month. Celebration galore

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by ecolime(m): 1:35pm On Jun 26, 2023
My only issue with BAT is his Lack of integrity. His entire Pre-1992 life is all a mystery till date. A secret we may never know.

The man is a genius who has an enviable native intelligence. He towers above PO & Atiku whether we like it or not.

He has the ability to turn Nigeria around. But, do I trust him enough to do what he says? Absolutely NO.

Integrity is key 🔑. A man without it has nothing.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by Truthday: 1:35pm On Jun 26, 2023
Great man

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by uncleck: 1:35pm On Jun 26, 2023
Such is life

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by Ofunaofu: 1:36pm On Jun 26, 2023
So Tinubu have now resorted to telling bed time stories

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by symbianDON(m): 1:37pm On Jun 26, 2023
GPRS is used for directions?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by Obakoolex(m): 1:37pm On Jun 26, 2023
Sharp boy from Lagos wan run officer street grin
The slap quickly reset Bola brain 🤣🤣

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by Curious345: 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2023
There is no better time to arrest and neutralize mujaheed asari Dokubo than now..

He is a prigozhin waiting to attack the Nigerian state
Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by Dittodat: 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2023
My similar story in the US in the late 80s. I drove cab because I couldn't afford the school that gave ne admission and visa.
Eventually started from a community College before transferring to a prestigious University where I graduated from.
Those days were actually fun looking back now.
Alhamdulilah for everything.
We had fun but was very broke. grin
Still remember those days as the good old days of been broke but having lots of fun. Very few responsibilities and no one expecting anything from me from Nigeria.

111 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by Curious345: 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2023
Lol.. Funny

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by Praktikals(m): 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2023
abobote:
He is a common criminal in the US

Pls read again. The thread is not about Obi, the compulsive liar

95 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by WEALTHYLADYTIME(f): 1:39pm On Jun 26, 2023
WELL MR PRESIDENT SUCH IS LIFE WITH DIFFERENT HUMAN CHARACTER.

THE GOV AND THE NIGERIA ARMY SHOULD GO TO THE NORTH, THE INJUSTICE AND KILLING OF CHRISTIANS IN THE NORTH IS BECOMING TO MUCH,

CHRISTIANS CAN FIGHT BACK TOO.

THE MUSLIMS SHOULD NOT PUSH THE CHRISTIANS TO THE POINT OF STARTING A WAR.

CHRISTIANS WILL SOON START DEFENDING THEMSELVES AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.

JESUS IS LORD

WEALTH IS GOOD.
Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by nurric(m): 1:39pm On Jun 26, 2023
Cock and bull story. " Johnbu my son, I send you to school but you never know how to spell johnbu" Johnbu

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by Angelfrost(m): 1:39pm On Jun 26, 2023
Okay... Nice story! I will love to read it!

Since it is a BIOGRAPHY, it should clearly tell us his exact state of origin, place of birth, and his academic background starting from Nursery and Primary school!

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US by ROYALMAXCLEANER: 1:39pm On Jun 26, 2023
grin grin grin

JAGABAN TO THE WORLD

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oduku Reveals Identity Of Niger-Delta Avengers / 24 Hours After IGP Directive, Igboho Still Walks Free As Victims Recount Ordeal / Benue Community Leaders Destroying RUGA Sign Post And Fencing Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.