Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best (372 Views)

Maraji Preaches Jesus On Salah Day, Sets Social Media On Fire / Muslims Storm Emir's Palace As Bishop Sam Zuga Preaches At The Palace In Lafia(p / The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Strafudeen: 5:34pm On Jun 25, 2023
These younger, newer preachers have a decent youth following.

So what do you think, with respect to accurate, deep, anointed, inspired messages from the word of God, who among these would you recommend?

Arome osayi
Michael orokpo
Joshua selman
Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by DeeBaDan: 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2023
Na wa o
Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Strafudeen: 5:36pm On Jun 25, 2023
DeeBaDan:
Na wa o

Wetin?
Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by TemplarLandry: 5:37pm On Jun 25, 2023
The Gospel of Christ has now turned to competition?
I doubt you know what you're doing.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by DeeBaDan: 5:38pm On Jun 25, 2023
Strafudeen:

Wetin?

David was living a peaceful life until the day a similar idea like this one became topical just like you're doing. His life turned hell from that day

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Enskynelson(m): 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2023
What a post.
I think u should answer yourself on this one
Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Strafudeen: 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2023
DeeBaDan:

David was living a peaceful life until the day a similar idea like this one became topical just like you're doing. His life turned hell from that day

I don't understand
Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Strafudeen: 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2023
Enskynelson:
What a post.
I think u should answer yourself on this one

I'm trying, it's hard
Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Strafudeen: 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2023
TemplarLandry:

No competition, just want to know who expounds scripture best. They can't all be equal...are they?
Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On Jun 25, 2023
Strafudeen:
These younger, newer preachers have a decent youth following. So what do you think, with respect to accurate, deep, anointed, inspired messages from the word of God, who among these would you recommend?
Arome osayi
Michael orokpo
Joshua selman
They are all false teachers and false prophets! undecided
Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Strafudeen: 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
They are all false teachers and false prophets! undecided

Ok. How so?
Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Jun 25, 2023
Strafudeen:
■ Ok. How so?
Because what they all preach are doctrines and traditions of men(religion) — lies — and not the Truth of God. For instance, in Matthew 6 vs 6 - 15, Jesus Christ said it is a sin against God to pray in public where someone else can see or hear you praying. All those men you mentioned — against God— teach you that it is ok to pray where others can see and even hear you praying. These men tell you that God is a faithful God, yet at the same time, they make God a liar by pretending God can bend His Law to serve their whims — be unfaithful— at the same time. undecided
Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Sirbruno3000(m): 8:15pm On Jun 25, 2023
I tire o. Even pastors now see themselves as competitors and not brothers in the Lord's vineyard
TemplarLandry:
Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Sirbruno3000(m): 8:18pm On Jun 25, 2023
Its not them, its the Holy Spirit of God ministering through them.
Strafudeen:

No competition, just want to know who expounds scripture best. They can't all be equal...are they?
Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Sirbruno3000(m): 8:21pm On Jun 25, 2023
Your carnal mind speaking.
Kobojunkie:
Because what they all preach are doctrines and traditions of men(religion) — lies — and not the Truth of God. For instance, in Matthew 6 vs 6 - 15, Jesus Christ said it is a sin against God to pray in public where someone else can see or hear you praying. All those men you mentioned — against God— teach you that it is ok to pray where others can see and even hear you praying. These men tell you that God is a faithful God, yet at the same time, they make God a liar by pretending God can bend His Law to serve their whims — be unfaithful— at the same time. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Kobojunkie: 8:24pm On Jun 25, 2023
Sirbruno3000:
Your carnal mind speaking.
There is nothing carnal about any of what I stated though as Jesus Christ, the one I quoted is God's very own Truth. undecided

Are you simply stomped and unable to come up with a reasonable rebuttal? If so, you don't need to respond at all. undecided
Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Strafudeen: 10:15pm On Jun 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:

But Jesus prayed in a place his disciples saw and heard him pray

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Strafudeen: 10:16pm On Jun 25, 2023
Sirbruno3000:
I tire o. Even pastors now see themselves as competitors and not brothers in the Lord's vineyard

No competition
Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Jun 25, 2023
Strafudeen:
■ But Jesus prayed in a place his disciples saw and heard him pray
Indeed He did that. However, the same Jesus Christ said that His followers are to do, not as He did but rather, as He commands.
15 “If you love me, you will do what I command.
16 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper[a] to be with you forever.
17 The Helper is the Spirit of truth. The people of the world cannot accept him, because they don’t see him or know him. But you know him. He lives with you, and he will be in you.
18 “I will not leave you all alone like orphans. I will come back to you.
19 In a very short time the people in the world will not see me anymore. But you will see me. You will live because I live.
20 On that day you will know that I am in the Father. You will know that you are in me and I am in you.
21 Those who really love me are the ones who not only know my commands but also obey them. My Father will love such people, and I will love them. I will make myself known to them.”
22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “Lord, how will you make yourself known to us, but not to the world?”
23 Jesus answered, “All who love me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them. My Father and I will come to them and live with them.
24 But anyone who does not love me does not obey my teaching. This teaching that you hear is not really mine. It is from my Father who sent me. - John 14 vs 15 - 24
He said His friends are those who do as He asks — not those who seek to directly imitate Him — John 15 vs 14.

This is one of the major areas where the many false teachers and false prophets who pretend to be called by God miss it mostly. They think that by sitting in the same seat as Jesus Christ over the flock of God, pretending themselves called by God, they are legitimized, when in fact they condemn themselves for the con jobs they are. undecided
Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Strafudeen: 10:31pm On Jun 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Indeed He did that. However, the same Jesus Christ said that His followers are to do, not as He did but rather, as He commands.
He said His friends are those who do as He asks — not those who seek to directly imitate Him — John 15 vs 14.

This is one of the major areas where the many false teachers and false prophets who pretend to be called by God miss it mostly. They think that by sitting in the same seat as Jesus Christ over the flock of God, pretending themselves called by God, they are legitimized, when in fact they condemn themselves for the con jobs they are. undecided

Scripture says he left us an example to do as he did 1 pet 2.21
Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Kobojunkie: 10:32pm On Jun 25, 2023
Strafudeen:
■ Scripture says he left us an example to do as he did
What scripture is that in particular? undecided
Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Kobojunkie: 10:41pm On Jun 25, 2023
Strafudeen:
Scripture says he left us an example to do as he did 1 pet 2.21
I would like to suggest you also accord respect to the contextual message intended by the writer when quoting from any of the epistles and also all of Scripture, as you would any other text out there. undecided undecided
From Peter's write-up below, clearly, the example that Peter made reference to is Jesus Christ's perfect obedience to God, something Peter insists slaves should practice.
18 Slaves, be willing to serve your masters. Do this with all respect. You should obey the masters who are good and kind, and you should obey the masters who are bad.
19 One of you might have to suffer even when you have done nothing wrong. If you think of God and bear the pain, this pleases God.
20 But if you are punished for doing wrong, there is no reason to praise you for bearing that punishment. But if you suffer for doing good and you are patient, this pleases God.
21 This is what you were chosen to do. Christ gave you an example to follow. He suffered for you. So you should do the same as he did:
22 “He never sinned, and he never told a lie.”
23 People insulted him, but he did not insult them back. He suffered, but he did not threaten anyone. No, he let God take care of him. God is the one who judges rightly.
24 Christ carried our sins in his body on the cross. He did this so that we would stop living for sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you were healed.
25 You were like sheep that went the wrong way. But now you have come back to the Shepherd and Protector of your lives. - 1 Peter 2 vs 18 - 25
As Peter alludes, because of Jesus Christ's obedience to God's every teaching and commandment, Jesus Christ never sinned nor did He ever lie. He suffered as a result of His perfect obedience but nevertheless...Peter is in no way encouraging people to go against Jesus Christ. Rather, he urges followers to continue in obedience no matter what. undecided
Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Strafudeen: 10:54pm On Jun 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I would like to suggest you also accord respect to the contextual message intended by the writer when quoting from any of the epistles and also all of Scripture, as you would any other text out there. undecided undecided
From Peter's write-up below, clearly, the example that Peter made reference to is Jesus Christ's perfect obedience to God, something Peter insists slaves should practice.
As Peter alludes, because of Jesus Christ's obedience to God's every teaching and commandment, Jesus Christ never sinned nor did He ever lie. He suffered as a result of His perfect obedience but nevertheless...Peter is in no way encouraging people to go against Jesus Christ. Rather, he urges followers to continue in obedience no matter what. undecided

Don't sweat it, you're the one seeing contradictions where there's none.

Jesus meaning was to not pray as a show to people, not that people won't see us praying.
Please
Re: Which Of These Preachers Preaches Best by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Jun 25, 2023
Strafudeen:
■ Don't sweat it, you're the one seeing contradictions where there's none.
■ Jesus meaning was to not pray as a show to people, not that people won't see us praying.
Please
1. There is no contradiction between what Peter actually said and what Jesus Christ said which is that those who love Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments — not those who mimic Him. undecided

2. To not pray as to show people? undecided

● So, even though Jesus Christ clearly said His followers should each go into the room and close the door when they pray so no one will see or hear them praying, you are saying Jesus Christ did not in fact mean any of what He said? undecided
5 “When you pray, don’t be like the hypocrites. They love to stand in the synagogues and on the street corners and pray loudly. They want people to see them. The truth is, that’s all the reward they will get.
6 But when you pray, you should go into your room and close the door. Then pray to your Father. He is there in that private place. He can see what is done in private, and he will reward you.
7 “And when you pray, don’t be like the people who don’t know God. They say the same things again and again. They think that if they say it enough, their god will hear them.
8 Don’t be like them. Your Father knows what you need before you ask him. - Matthew 6 vs 5 - 8
● Jesus Christ also said, in the passage above, the the Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you for praying in secret, but you are saying that is of no meaning, is that correct? Basically, it doesn't matter to Father whether prayers are said as Hypocrites - in the open -- or not, is that the case here? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Kingdom Of God That Christ Promised His Saints? / Does God Answers The Prayers Of Non Believers? / What's The Difference Between These Characters ( Bible Students Should Come In)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.