Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

My Data Analytics Journey - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Data Analytics Journey (4436 Views)

My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey / My 200-day Data Analytics Journey (zero To Job Ready) / Globacom please automatically activate my data plan! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Data Analytics Journey by DataAlchemist: 1:34pm On Jul 20, 2023
Nteogwuija:
Nice thread. I also finished the Google Data Analytics Certificate course. I'm now focusing on MySQL, after that I'll switch to Tableau and start working on projects to enable me build my portfolio.

If you don't mind we could have a WhatsApp group so we can encourage each other and share resources.

Thanks bro..and nice one too, you can as well expand your programming learning to, don't just stop at sql and tableau, pick one of R and python and learn more about them,

About the whatsapp group not sure about that tho..and I'm sorry for reaching out late
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by DataPiercer: 12:14pm On Jul 21, 2023
Please do you have a link for downloading this course "machine learning a-z hands on python and r " by kirill Eremenko ?

1 Like

Re: My Data Analytics Journey by Nteogwuija(m): 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2023
DataAlchemist:

Thanks bro..and nice one too, you can as well expand your programming learning to, don't just stop at sql and tableau, pick one of R and python and learn more about them,

About the whatsapp group not sure about that tho..and I'm sorry for reaching out late

No problem. Just trying to put the word out there for anyone who wants a learning buddy.

Incase anyone is interested in a learning buddy, just send me a Nairaland PM, and I'd reply ASAP.
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by Kaysalas(m): 10:58am On Aug 01, 2023
DataAlchemist:

2. google data analytics(if you have not enrolled for it yet, there is a guy that uploaded this course on youtube)but I think he shouldn't have tho..that's bad business for google..lol

Hi, is it this course?

Re: My Data Analytics Journey by DataAlchemist: 11:14am On Aug 01, 2023
Kaysalas:

Hi, is it this course?
yes exactly

2 Likes

Re: My Data Analytics Journey by lilvicky68(m): 9:29pm On Aug 01, 2023
FoggedBrain:

All right. Thanks a lot
Did you get the course, hows it going?
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by FoggedBrain: 1:22am On Aug 02, 2023
lilvicky68:

I haven't started bro....been super busy with school stuff. Should start within the month. How's it going for you?
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by FoggedBrain: 6:55pm On Aug 04, 2023
lilvicky68:

Where can I go to to apply for financial aid bro? I can't find such feature option on the app.
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by lilvicky68(m): 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2023
FoggedBrain:

Where can I go to to apply for financial aid bro? I can't find such feature option on the app.
Once you enter the course you will see it, just scrow down a little.. but what I noticed is that after getting the financial aid for the course you will still need to pay to summit assignment and also get the certificate.

1 Like

Re: My Data Analytics Journey by DataAlchemist: 6:42pm On Aug 09, 2023
lilvicky68:

Once you enter the course you will see it, just scrow down a little.. but what I noticed is that after getting the financial aid for the course you will still need to pay to summit assignment and also get the certificate.
No, you probably audited the course, if you audit the course(enrolling) before getting the financial aid approved, then You will have to pay for the certificate, or to submit assignment.
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by lilvicky68(m): 9:58pm On Aug 09, 2023
DataAlchemist:
No, you probably audited the course, if you audit the course(enrolling) before getting the financial aid approved, then You will have to pay for the certificate, or to submit assignment.
Oh..thanks. I will just have to pay for it later on.
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by lilvicky68(m): 10:07pm On Aug 09, 2023
Power Pivot for data modeling, Power Query, Power BI very important tools to use. Power BI and Looker studio seems more easier to use than Tableau.
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by DataAlchemist: 10:45pm On Aug 09, 2023
lilvicky68:
Power Pivot for data modeling, Power Query, Power BI very important tools to use. Power BI and Looker studio seems more easier to use than Tableau.
haven't checked them out tho, more comfortable using R ggplot for my viz, but when it comes to dashboard tableau is my go to tool
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by FoggedBrain: 11:38am On Aug 11, 2023
lilvicky68:

Thanks. I was able to do that with the help of DataAlchemist.

At the emboldened.... really? What is the point of the aid then since the course is on YouTube?

Modified!!!
Just read the reply by DataAlchemist. I get it now.

1 Like

Re: My Data Analytics Journey by raindrop99: 7:01pm On Aug 11, 2023
Just came across this thread.. I want to start my data analytics journey guys.
I have basic knowledge on excel and zero knowledge on programing.

I have downloaded some data analytics videos on YouTube but don't understand anything they are talking about there.

Can someone pls break the learning process down for me so it won't choke..Like what and what should I learn first before proceeding to others.
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by evuna: 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2023
Good morning. Please I am an accountant and want to learn data analysis with Excel. I don't want to go beyond that. Which resources can I use, be it paid or free on YouTube. Thanks so much.
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by DataAlchemist: 2:13pm On Aug 12, 2023
raindrop99:
Just came across this thread.. I want to start my data analytics journey guys.
I have basic knowledge on excel and zero knowledge on programing.

I have downloaded some data analytics videos on YouTube but don't understand anything they are talking about there.

Can someone pls break the learning process down for me so it won't choke..Like what and what should I learn first before proceeding to others.
Start with excel, for data analytics you need more than the basic knowledge you have, you can clean data with excel, perform regression with small datasets with excel, vlookup and pivot table... I recommend mike girvin (excel is fun) on youtube for this..
Then you move on to SQL, and tableau
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by DataAlchemist: 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2023
evuna:
Good morning. Please I am an accountant and want to learn data analysis with Excel. I don't want to go beyond that. Which resources can I use, be it paid or free on YouTube. Thanks so much.

Youtube is your best bet!, Lots of excel videos on youtube, try mike girvin (excel is fun)..and you can also try and learn quickbooks too, an accounting software.
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by raindrop99: 4:25pm On Aug 12, 2023
DataAlchemist:

Start with excel, for data analytics you need more than the basic knowledge you have, you can clean data with excel, perform regression with small datasets with excel, vlookup and pivot table... I recommend mike girvin (excel is fun) on youtube for this..
Then you move on to SQL, and tableau
Thank u bro, I appreciate ur response...I wanted to download data analytics course on Coursera but couldn't find where to apply for financial aid..
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by DataAlchemist: 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2023
raindrop99:

Thank u bro, I appreciate ur response...I wanted to download data analytics course on Coursera but couldn't find where to apply for financial aid..
just scroll down a lil, you will see financial aid available, then click on it
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by raindrop99: 9:03am On Aug 13, 2023
DataAlchemist:
just scroll down a lil, you will see financial aid available, then click on it
Ok, thanks..There are 2 data analytics course in Coursera which is google data analytics and IBM data analytics, which one is better for learning??
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by DataAlchemist: 9:25am On Aug 13, 2023
raindrop99:

Ok, thanks..There are 2 data analytics course in Coursera which is google data analytics and IBM data analytics, which one is better for learning??
can't really say which is better, because, I didn't take both, but you can just go through their reviews and choose which one you think is better for you.
But I think while google focused more on googlesheet, big query and R..ibm focused on Excel, mysql(not sure) and Python
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by raindrop99: 10:29am On Aug 13, 2023
DataAlchemist:
can't really say which is better, because, I didn't take both, but you can just go through their reviews and choose which one you think is better for you.
But I think while google focused more on googlesheet, big query and R..ibm focused on Excel, mysql(not sure) and Python
Ok, Thank u bro
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by Kcxee(m): 9:39am On Aug 14, 2023
Good morning,

Thank God I found this thread, I decided to learn a soft skill of recent and data analysis has been my desire from way back

I need advice on where and how to start.

I will appreciate all recommendations and advices I can get.

Thank you 🙏
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by DataAlchemist: 10:01am On Aug 14, 2023
Kcxee:
Good morning,

Thank God I found this thread, I decided to learn a soft skill of recent and data analysis has been my desire from way back

I need advice on where and how to start.

I will appreciate all recommendations and advices I can get.

Thank you 🙏

Where to start? Coursera, udemy and youtube (your cheapest option). There are more, but these are the three popular ones.

How to start? start with excel, don't just learn the basics, because there is excel and there is data analysis with excel, (mike girvin : excel is fun on youtube is okay), then go ahead and learn SQL ( udemy courses can come to rescue here, there are also youtube videos for this), move on to a visualization tool of your choice, before capping it with a programming language (R/python).
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by alleazardous(m): 11:12am On Aug 14, 2023
DataAlchemist:
The Google course is better though a bit longer, Are you working already?
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by DataAlchemist: 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2023
alleazardous:
The Google course is better though a bit longer, Are you working already?
Yeah, a bit longer, so much of unnecessary talks,lol...
I'm I working? yes, working but not data analytics related yet, not confident in my portfolio enough to start applying for remote works.
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by alleazardous(m): 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2023
DataAlchemist:

Yeah, a bit longer, so much of unnecessary talks,lol...
I'm I working? yes, working but not data analytics related yet, not confident in my portfolio enough to start applying for remote works.
you are having imposter syndrome. Share your portfolio on twitter and LinkedIn let people access it for you and start applying for jobs, you might have what they are looking for.
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by DataAlchemist: 3:58pm On Aug 14, 2023
alleazardous:
you are having imposter syndrome. Share your portfolio on twitter and LinkedIn let people access it for you and start applying for jobs, you might have what they are looking for.
. Ohh!! thanks, will do just that.
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by 778resources: 9:59pm On Aug 16, 2023
Becoming a data analyst is a continuous journey that involves a combination of learning technical skills, gaining practical experience, and developing domain knowledge. It also invoves embracing challenges, seeking feedback and refining your skills as you progress. Remember that hands-on practice and real-world application of your knowledge are essential for becoming a proficient data analyst.

The following are what you need to learn
1) Basic Statistics for Data Analyst
2) Microsoft Excel For Data Analyst
3) SQL
4) Microsoft Power BI and/or Tableau
5) Python and or R

There are quite a number of online resources that could help you to achieve your aim to become a data analyst but please focus on resources that will make you proficient and not just resources that give certificate. This is a practical field that tests what you know and not the certificate you have.

I assist with resources(videos and books) as well as journey map to learning data analytic skills for anyone interested and determined to learn.
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by zionema(m): 11:43am On Aug 18, 2023
DataAlchemist:
so to the resources I used:
for Excel:
1. mike girvin, excel is fun -- youtube
2. Excel crash course by start tech academy --udemy
these guys here are really cool(esp then start tech academy guy, you can't go wrong with him)

POSTGRESQL
1. start tech academy - sql for data analytics--udemy
2. Practical SQL : a beginner guides to story telling by Anthony Debarros.(highly recommended) it's a pdf, even if you are not someone who enjoys reading just like me, just try and go through this and I promise you will fall in love with it, it has almost everything you need to know about postgresql..

TABLEAU
1. intellipat's video on youtube (if you don't mind the Indian accent)
2. google data analytics(if you have not enrolled for it yet, there is a guy that uploaded this course on youtube)but I think he shouldn't have tho..that's bad business for google..lol

R
1.Google data analytics - coursera
2. R for data science pdf

COMMUNITY
Nairaland programming section.

other tools learnt through Google data analytics :
googlesheet
big query
please emphasize on the big query stuff what is it about
Re: My Data Analytics Journey by DataAlchemist: 12:29pm On Aug 18, 2023
zionema:
please emphasize on the big query stuff what is it about
big query is a cloud based data base management tool from google. It performs same function as other db tools like mysql and postgresql, but unlike others it's not completely free(but good for training) and it's web based(no desktop version)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Post Your C#.net Questions Here / Need Help/collaborators On Occupy9ja.com / Build An Android Instant Messaging App Using Sinch And Parse In 2 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.