Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

You Are Nothing Without God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are Nothing Without God (131 Views)

Life Is Very Hard Without God / What Man Truly Is Without God - Photo / Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Nothing Without God by kpakpandoN(m): 6:08am On Jun 26, 2023
In 1 Kings 3:4, Solomon decided to give God a really special offering. He sacrificed 1,000 cattle. The priests must have been very surprised, but then Solomon considered the circumstances behind his birth and felt unworthy to be king. Ordinarily, Solomon should have been hated by all, but there he was, the one chosen to be king. He knew he did not deserve what he had received from God so he spared nothing when it came to thanking Him.

Many a time, you don’t thank God enough because you think you deserve all that He has given you, but if you look closely, you would see that you are wrong. The day God pointed out to me that because I am not a child from the first wife of my father, I ought not to be used by Him according to the law, but that His mercy had found me usable, I became more humble in my thanksgiving. Isaiah 64:6 says:

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

If you think your blessings are a result of your hard work, you should go and see some people who are working far harder than you, yet are not rich. If you think your success thus far is based on how smart you are, you need to go to the asylum and see many brilliant people who have lost their minds. The fact that you can even wake up in the morning is enough reason to give thanks to God. Psalm 3:5 says, “I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.”

If you think deeply, you will see that you don’t deserve any of the things that God has given to you. You will see that it is in Him that you live and move and even have your being (Acts 17:28). You will see that without Him, You can do nothing (John 15:5). I don’t know about you, but as for me, I know that I would have been long gone if it wasn’t for Him. I know that everything I am is as a result of His tender mercies towards me, so I will praise Him with all my heart. I will never hold back anything in giving Him thanks.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.
Re: You Are Nothing Without God by Maynmann: 8:39am On Jun 26, 2023
Can your god create nothing?

1 Like

Re: You Are Nothing Without God by delkuf(m): 9:01am On Jun 26, 2023
Maynmann:
Can your god create nothing?
you at yourself asking stupid questions.
Re: You Are Nothing Without God by Maynmann: 9:07am On Jun 26, 2023
delkuf:
you at yourself asking stupid questions.
So your god can’t create nothing.
Re: You Are Nothing Without God by Benfaco: 10:52am On Jun 26, 2023
The love of God for us

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

When Adam sinned, he lost the direct access he initially had with God. (Genesis 3) God decided to send his only begotten son (Jesus) to pay the price for our sins on the cross of calvary because of his love for us. When Christ resurrected, he restored all privileges that we once had and brought redemption to us all. All we need is to believe that he died for our sin and has once again granted us direct access with God. No longer through an intermediary! (Mathew 27:50-53).

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

If our earthly parents care so much for us, how much more our father in heaven! (Luke 11:11-13). God’s love for us is infinite. He has promised to supply all our needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philipians 4:19).

Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I accept and acknowledge you as my personal lord and savior. I sincerely ask that you forgive my sins. Come into my life and pour out your spirit on me. By faith, I receive the promise of the father, which is the holy spirit. (John 14:16) I thank you for the price that you paid for me on the cross of calvary. Thank you for my redemption. I pray that your power, grace and favor will abide with me now and forever more. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Awake By Lola Likinyo / Difference Between ESU And Satan / Salvation Ministry : Best Prayer Camp Portharcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.