Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,322 members, 7,864,538 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:09 PM

Tinubu Reveals That He Was Slapped By A US Naval Officer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Reveals That He Was Slapped By A US Naval Officer (208 Views)

Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US / How Fani-kayode Caught Estranged Wife, Precious, In Bed With Naval Officer / Tinubu Reveals Cause Of APC Crisis, Sends Message To Oshiomhole, NWC Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Reveals That He Was Slapped By A US Naval Officer by DyshApp: 1:06pm On Jun 26, 2023
Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Nigeria's new President and presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, shared an incident where a naval officer slapped him unintentionally. Tinubu explained that during his time as a taxi driver in the United States, he accidentally overcharged the officer when he didn't know the correct fare for the destination.

In his biography titled "Tinubu, My Life as a Gypsy Cab Driver in the US," President Bola Ahmed Tinubu disclosed this story from his humble beginnings. He revealed that he worked as an unlicensed taxi driver in Chicago, mainly operating at the airport, ferrying passengers to their destinations.

Vanguard Newspaper reported that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu recalled, "To make some money, we used an unregistered second-hand car commonly known as a Gypsy, which we ran as a taxi. Our operation was limited to the airport, where we picked up passengers. We were forbidden from operating in other areas, such as hotels, due to our lack of a license. I did this for a period of time to generate some funds."

He further added, "One incident that remains vivid in my memory is when I unintentionally overcharged a naval officer who was returning to the country. I wasn't aware of the correct fare for his destination, but I provided him with a price. In response, the officer slapped me, expressing his disappointment that I didn't know the accurate fare. He then handed me the money."

Lol Humble beginnings indeed🤣

Be apart of our FixNigeria Lounge, where you can stay informed with the latest updates, engage in discussions, and connect with individuals who share similar interests.Join us here(link in bio)

Re: Tinubu Reveals That He Was Slapped By A US Naval Officer by Olaoluwa112(m): 1:09pm On Jun 26, 2023
He was probably trying to slap sense in the man.

Good thing you didn't fight back cause you might not be a president today if you had faced him.
Re: Tinubu Reveals That He Was Slapped By A US Naval Officer by Freelancer1(f): 1:09pm On Jun 26, 2023
No one is above slap na
Re: Tinubu Reveals That He Was Slapped By A US Naval Officer by siofragspot: 1:18pm On Jun 26, 2023
Even in the ''saner countries''...

I thought they said is only Nigerian military and Nigerian police that are always fond of slapping people?! or maybe he is Nigerian-American tongue

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa Losses Former Acting Gov, Binabo / Former Delta Guber Aspirant, Gabriel Oyibode Bags Doctorate Degree / BREAKING: Governor Adeleke Lead Administration Presents Officials’ Rundown To Os

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.