Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life (30957 Views)

Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy / Sultan’s Daughter Weds Yuguda's Son (photos) / TRAVEL BAN: Dasuki, Badeh, Daniel, Amosu, Yuguda, 45 Others Top Travel Ban List (2) (3) (4)

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Josephkabila12: 6:24pm On Jun 26, 2023
Corporate2020:
Okay nah. Not one President, but 5 coward idiotic nincompoopic Presidents.

What General Abdulsalami Abubakar, General Olusegun Obasanjo, General Muhammadu Buhari, Alhaji Umar Yar’Adua and Dr (Deacon) Goatluck Jonathan could not do over combined 26 years, Emilokan Adekunle Bola Ahmed Tinubu did it in the first 30 minutes of his government. Now, we know the real GENERAL.

The fraudulent fuel subsidy is gone forever
Babami you're Omoluabi stop calling president Goodluck Jonathan goatluck please. Except you're not real Omoluabi maybe you're disguising

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by tommy589(m): 6:27pm On Jun 26, 2023
Babysho:

How do you mean? What structures?

Majority population of successful revolution share common language and religion

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by nairalanda1(m): 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2023
Greattha:
Dimwits will continue to delude themselves. The same Jonathan who tried to stop it 13 years ago but was demonised by your gods who are now saints all of a sudden? Ksi

airsaylongcome:

Was this your position in 2012 when a certain Goodluck Jonathan tried to remove subsidy? A certain Bola vehemently opposed the "lesser pain" that Nigerians would have had to endure then

I remember 2012...back then, most Nigerians were opposed to subsidy removal. Had nothing to do with Tinubu and Buhari telling them to go and protest: infact both Buhari and TInubu joined the protest because they had to score points with Nigerians....even when both of them knew better. Buhari was part of the economic council, and Tinubu has links to the oil business.

Let's even go back to 1993, when Buhari was retired, and Tinubu was unknown. When IBB proposed subsidy removal, Nigerians said no. In 2005, when one of Obasanjo's ministers said that fuel should not be cheaper than coke, we all mocked him well well. Even people like me.

2012, most Nigerians were opposed because they wrongly assumed that we had the cash to pay for subsidy...oil prices were high now. What they did not see was that subsidy costs had jumped three fold between 2010-11, and were on the verge of eating our income totally by 2012.

At least, I thank God, I saw the light then, and GEJ saved Nigeria (yes, I am not his fan)...by removing subsides on diesel and kerosene, and by partially removing fuel subsides (it was the SURE-P programme where most of the savings were channeled to that proved to me that subsidy removal was not evil, and the scales fell off my eyes totally). But most Nigerians did not see that...all they saw was that fuel cost N65, now it cost 97

The problem with GEJ was that he was not bold enough to totally remove subsidy as he intended. Had he done that, by now refining would have long since been back on line. But Nigerians all want cheap fuel.

Buhari and tinubu marched because they are politicians, and all politicians are Machiavellian in nature. It is how they roll...and one good reason why I don't quite trust all politicians.

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Ambitious21: 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2023
RingRoadMafia:
Oya o, Tinubus praise singers should come sing his praise. As if it's not still the same APC members that stole this country dry that are still in power today. Useless lots. By the time Tinubu is done with us, you will all beg for mercy. Ndi ara!

Tinubu regime will not favor you and your household

Amen.

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by IPDGP: 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2023
If it's not making money it's not making sense

I.e.
If u can't mention those involved and get punished Mr. Please keep quiet
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Greattha: 6:32pm On Jun 26, 2023
It's not amnesia.

It's foolishness.
I'm sure he was at Ojota with his benefactors in 2012.

[quote author=FEGNO post=124051016][/quote]
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Babysho(m): 6:33pm On Jun 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

The guy also wants cheaper fuel too.

I know Nigerians very well. Minute prices goes up, everyone is calling for a revolution, lol.

It's almost like Nigerians don't understand why prices have to go up sometimes. Companies do not exist to suck up money into one rich Alhaji;s pocket....they have to pay for a host of stuff.

Yes, it’s only right cheaper fuel should be demanded for after a revolution, which is very attainable if govt owned refineries were working as they should at maximum capacity.

What’s wrong with demanding a revolution when prices of things that are already inflated go further up? Why are Nigerians so far behind when it comes to the discussion of emancipation?

I don’t fully understand your last paragraph but it suggests that you’re glorifying capitalists that are making you and I suffer. Prices of cars, wrist watchs, televisions can go as high as they want but the essentials like food, water, land, materials for housing, gas/fuel should NEVER be high. They should be close to free in fact because nobody owns them, we all found them in the soil and they grow on their own.
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Felix6: 6:33pm On Jun 26, 2023
[quote author=b3llo post=124050792]Goodluck Jonathan[/quote YOUR FATHER. U NO GET SENSE?
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Sheggy13(m): 6:34pm On Jun 26, 2023
Corporate2020:

What General Abdulsalami Abubakar, General Olusegun Obasanjo, General Muhammadu Buhari, Alhaji Umar Yar’Adua and Dr (Deacon) Goatluck Jonathan could not do over combined 26 years, Emilokan Adekunle Bola Ahmed Tinubu did it in the first 30 minutes of his government. Now, we know the real GENERAL.

Stop talking nonsense. Before you call me Obidient or whatever, go through my posts to see I don't support him one bit and aligned with Asiwaju but the truth must be told. Goodluck you're calling Goatluck made every effort to remove subsidy but it's the same Tinubu that mobilised people to protest and prevent that subsidy removal for political reasons. But here you are here now, praising same Tinubu for subsidy removal. That's hypocrisy.

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Felix6: 6:36pm On Jun 26, 2023
juman:
Praise to Jonathan.
He tried to stop the subsidy.
Exactly, a good and kind hearted man; but he was frustrated by these same fools that now wants to buttress their evil agenda with the removal.
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by nairalanda1(m): 6:38pm On Jun 26, 2023
Babysho:

Yes, it’s only right cheaper fuel should be demanded for after a revolution, which is very attainable if govt owned refineries were working as they should at maximum capacity.

What’s wrong with demanding a revolution when prices of things that are already inflated go further up? Why are Nigerians so far behind when it comes to the discussion of emancipation?

I don’t fully understand your last paragraph but it suggests that you’re glorifying capitalists that are making you and I suffer. Prices of cars, wrist watchs, televisions can go as high as they want but the essentials like food, water, land, materials for housing, gas/fuel should NEVER be high. They should be close to free in fact because nobody owns them, we all found them in the soil and they grow on their own.

Fuel costs money to make. Infact we don;t have refineries because the kind of subsidy we practiced...selling fuel below its production cost and transport cost, and then trying to fix the price of transport cost so that fuel costs the same everywhere...not possible....plus corruption and stealing...side effects of price fixing...is why we did not have working refineries.

We have a working telecoms system because the telcos were allowed to set their prices, and make enough profits.

I know people like to believe that corruption is the ONLY reason why we don;t have refineries. Corruption is a side effect of the real reason...price fixing.

Ghana and Niger do not have subsides, and both have working refineries. That tells me something.

Countires that fix prices always end up with corruption , scarcity and loss of production. Russia used to set prices for everything. Result...scarcity in the 1980's. Then they embraced capitalism. Today, the shelves in Moscow are full to the brim, with a variety that did not exist back then
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Padipadi(m): 6:39pm On Jun 26, 2023
olisefom:
Say the name and let the devil be ashamed.
It's bulari naa. And that person that said he's tired is likely Danjewma
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Jayhome24: 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2023
RingRoadMafia:
Oya o, Tinubus praise singers should come sing his praise. As if it's not still the same APC members that stole this country dry that are still in power today. Useless lots. By the time Tinubu is done with us, you will all beg for mercy. Ndi ara!

Nnwanne pls shift, na today subsidy dey exist? Na apc created subsidy?

Ok, fine there was subsidy, was it not the same apc that removed it now? It is better to be late than never.

Pls hold your peace ok.

Yes, we thank God Tinubu won the president pls allow us to enjoy it and we are not complain bro.

"No pain no gain" bro.
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by onuman: 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2023
dre11:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Xg4dcevVY

https://dailytrust.com/yuguda-a-certain-president-chose-not-to-remove-subsidy-to-protect-his-life/

If the Stolen money is not invested in a foreign country, it's buried in building landed properties in Abuja- properties that average Nigerian civil servant cannot afford to rent. The properties remain unoccupied for donkey years.
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Greattha: 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2023
I agree with you on many levels.

Jonathan was a coward to back down

Tinubu and Buhari are as selfish as all other politicians so they shouldn't be painted as saints now. If they acted when they should, Nigeria would be out of the woods by now.

But better late than never right?

Nigerians were unaware and blindfolded to the true damages of subsidy payments.

It's just annoying when these minions, most of whom are either inept morally bankrupt or intellectually defective come here and start typing trash just to justify the crumbs they get.

Imagine someone saying "we are tired of making money"

The same buhari shouted that subsidy was a scam pre-his presidency yet his regime paid more than any other regime, while being praised all the way.

So it's necessary to set these imbeciles straight whenever they come cappin'

However, it's great meeting straight thinkers like you on here.

nairalanda1:

I remember 2012...back then, most Nigerians were opposed to subsidy removal. Had nothing to do with Tinubu and Buhari telling them to go and protest: infact both Buhari and TInubu joined the protest because they had to score points with Nigerians....even when both of them knew better. Buhari was part of the economic council, and Tinubu has links to the oil business.

Let's even go back to 1993, when Buhari was retired, and Tinubu was unknown. When IBB proposed subsidy removal, Nigerians said no. In 2005, when one of Obasanjo's ministers said that fuel should not be cheaper than coke, we all mocked him well well. Even people like me.

2012, most Nigerians were opposed because they wrongly assumed that we had the cash to pay for subsidy...oil prices were high now. What they did not see was that subsidy costs had jumped three fold between 2010-11, and were on the verge of eating our income totally by 2012.

At least, I thank God, I saw the light then, and GEJ saved Nigeria (yes, I am not his fan)...by removing subsides on diesel and kerosene, and by partially removing fuel subsides (it was the SURE-P programme where most of the savings were channeled to that proved to me that subsidy removal was not evil, and the scales fell off my eyes totally). But most Nigerians did not see that...all they saw was that fuel cost N65, now it cost 97

The problem with GEJ was that he was not bold enough to totally remove subsidy as he intended. Had he done that, by now refining would have long since been back on line. But Nigerians all want cheap fuel.

Buhari and tinubu marched because they are politicians, and all politicians are Machiavellian in nature. It is how they roll...and one good reason why I don't quite trust all politicians.
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by DabuIIIT: 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2023
This Mallam is looking for appointment grin
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Lukman2009: 6:43pm On Jun 26, 2023
Birds of the same feather flocks together
DeeBaDan:
Yen yen yen. It's easy for anyone to have the courage to say anything. Albeit the practicality of the removal of the subsidy without severe effects is yet to be seen
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2023
Corporate2020:

Kokori, an oil industry insider already told us about this na.

Just that Nigerians are too bigoted, tribalistic and bitter today to accept Tinubu is the man.

Coincidentally thanks to Buhari who brought out the most brutal and savage emotions in Nigerians,

He really should relocate to Niger republic for good because a lot more will come out to damn his regime.

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Way4orward: 6:48pm On Jun 26, 2023
Dis one don chop him own finish
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by dododawa1: 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2023
BUHARI EMEFELIE will riot in pot of Hilda
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Mitsurugi(m): 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2023
Corporate2020:

So why did Tinubu protest the removal by Goatluck as you called him? And please Buhari removed the subsidy not Tinubu. Try and have sense in your sycophancy
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Believeintruth: 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2023
Osanoghodua1:
I salute Baba Tinubu even though I didn't vote him and won't vote him. I salute his sincerity, people who are cursing him on twitter are hypocrite, discuss issues and not frustration. I am expectant that the fraudulent election will be cancelled.

Oga this format is stale. Go and look for a better format to use.
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by b3llo(m): 6:52pm On Jun 26, 2023
[quote author=Felix6 post=124051472][/quote] cursed goat
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by b3llo(m): 6:53pm On Jun 26, 2023
Greattha:
Takes one to know one.
That's what you and your ilk hide under whenever you're hit with the bitter truth

I've told y'all to always connect your brains before commenting trash.
Oponu!

I am not the cause of your misery
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Believeintruth: 6:53pm On Jun 26, 2023
Ambitious21:

Tinubu regime will not favor you and your household

Amen.

And you too as well.....Amen
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Greattha: 6:57pm On Jun 26, 2023
Pele o ode.

You honestly think I'm suffering with you?

If you don't have anything constructive to justify your pay go hug LIVE transformer.

b3llo:
I am not the cause of your misery
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:01pm On Jun 26, 2023
Ttalk:
This is a damned revelation. Now that the subsidy has been removed why can't the government probe NNPCL as well as all the cabal associated with this killer monster called subsidy

At least squeezing these corrupt people will at least return some monies into circulation if not directly to the government cover but indirectly into the hands of lawyers and prosecutors they would engage to defend them.

This is one reason why I support Atiku and Obi-'s petition at least it would make the politician share parts of their loot with the lawyers defending them.
so u think those who stole are not in atiku and obis camp, have u heard of doyin okupe and dino melaye b4
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Guyman01: 7:05pm On Jun 26, 2023
olisefom:
Say the name and let the devil be ashamed.
You should know which president travelled to China of recent, it's Buhari.
He was a weak General who hid under Gen Tunde Idiagbon to form strong man
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 26, 2023
Josephkabila12:
Babami you're Omoluabi stop calling president Goodluck Jonathan goatluck please. Except you're not real Omoluabi maybe you're disguising

I agree with you. I was never a fan of GEJ and I still think Buhari bettered him in some areas of national development but the things Buhari deliberately signed up to do or not do cost thousands of lives.

That is Hitler-style callousness. I.e exterminate Jews so Aryan supremacy can be preserved. So many died because Buhari wanted to empower Fulanis.

He literally gave them carte blanche to do as they please through every region of Nigeria to include murder, rape, plundering of livelihood, sabotage, terrorism etal .

No good he did can ever be greater than his deliberate bad actions and inaction Buhari would have known would lead to the death of so many Southerners and Non-Fulanis. Very creepy.

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by tete7000(m): 7:11pm On Jun 26, 2023
Corporate2020:

Shut up, Tinubu was part of the unpatriotic elements that frustrated the removal of subsidy in the past for political interest. They were the people misinforming and lying to people. The ones lying are now in power they have to swallow their shame and remove the shambolic subsidy they helped to entrench, no one is there to stage Ojota rally to oppose them because the people that ought to oppose now have always been on the side of the truth.
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Babysho(m): 7:11pm On Jun 26, 2023
tommy589:

Majority population of successful revolution share common language and religion

I agree! The move by Europeans amalgamating Nigeria sent us centuries back because it means Nigeria is yet to fight the series of tribal/civil wars that’ll set a strong foundation of UNITY OF LANGUAGE in each region, something we already enjoyed before white people. Unity of Language is the first instinct of humans for defence and safety.

I think in Southern Europe alone they fought about 3 civil wars.

It is only after a society has found UNITY OF LANGUAGE that they naturally proceed to have a strong foundation of UNITY OF PURPOSE. Common enemy changes from other languages speakers to your own language speaker wey dey do you and that’s always the govt.

It’s in the Unity of Purpose phase that people of common language decide that they are all the same people and the political class do not deserve better than them. Discussions of whose ethnic group’s turn it is never arises and there’s a strong sense of unity in whatever course of action they take.

According to history, the next Nigerian civil war is perhaps inevitable. Despite keeping Nigerian history away from kids at school to create a more docile population and less revolutionary-type youths, we still have symptoms of a fractured society with Ipob, Boko Haram and Oduduwa Agitators since school is not the only place people learn. Humans learn by watching too.

It’s a matter of time, I guess. No better recipe for a civil war than a crippling economy, selfish govt officials and an everyday recovering tribe in the east that’s been marginalized.

Buhari In Phone Call With Bisi Akande Over Wife’s Death / Global Terrorism Index Retracts Ranking Of IPOB As 10th World’s Deadliest Terror / President Buhari Receives Christmas Gift From CAN (photo)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62