Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,091 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life (30951 Views)

Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy / Sultan’s Daughter Weds Yuguda's Son (photos) / TRAVEL BAN: Dasuki, Badeh, Daniel, Amosu, Yuguda, 45 Others Top Travel Ban List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by dre11(m): 5:46pm On Jun 26, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Xg4dcevVY

Former Governor of Bauchi State, Isa Yuguda, has said that fuel subsidy was a scam to the extent that some persons made money from non-existent pipelines in Lagos and Warri in the last administration.

Yuguda also said that some of his mates told the immediate past president to remove the subsidy as they were tired of making money.

The ex-governor made the revelation in an interview with Channels TV.

Yuguda further disclosed that it was the committee that he served as the chairman that looked into the subsidy regime and discovered the scam in the regime.

He said, I am sad to let Nigerians know what I saw. We came across situations where subsidy was claimed on pipelines that never existed. They just claimed that they have pumped X amount of either finished products or crude, either from Kaduna or Warri.”

When asked if it was Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Limited that were making the fraudulent claims, Yuguda said, ‘’Of course. Who else is doing it?

Those that are in the subsidy scam, they just fill papers, invoices and they claim subsidy on it. In fact, there was an instance of a pipeline that was supposed to exist between Lagos and Warri and tons and tons of monies were collected as subsidy on a pipeline that never existed. This is Nigeria for you.”

He also reacted to the roles of oil marketers that have also been accused to be involved in the scam.

Yuguda said, They are all involved in these things. All of them. I will sadly also report that Nigeria subsidy, we go on subsidising Sub-Saharan Africa and Central Africa because the bulk of these products are smuggled out of this country, then who is subsidizing who?”

He said the report his committee came up with where they indicted the NNPCL of being involved in the subsidy scam was submitted to the government but they failed to act on it.

‘’It can be very frustrating in Nigeria to implement policies especially where there are entrenched interests and a cabal that exists. It is just similar to this bunkeering issue. It can be stopped but you can’t stop it.

“It can be stopped but the political will is not there. There are so many interests that are involved there and that is what is leadng Nigeria to where we are today.”

“The subsidy regime should have gone way back in 2012/2013. Any person that is shouting subsidies and that it is going to affect that or this is a selfish person. They are connected to the scammers killing this country.

In fact I have one of my friends who is in the oil industry. We travelled to China with one of the Presidents of Nigeria. He told me ‘I am a member of the Economic team of Mr. President and when I went for a meeting, I told him Mr. President, please remove this subsidy, we are tired of making money’.

I am telling you to God Almighty. He said ‘We are tired of making money Mr President’, because he is a patriot and he has seen the scam that is going on there. And he told me. He is alive today.”

When asked why the former President failed to summon the courage to end the subsidy regime since it was discovered it was a scam, he said, “The President not have done it because of the entrenched interest and even may be at the risk of his life
.”

https://dailytrust.com/yuguda-a-certain-president-chose-not-to-remove-subsidy-to-protect-his-life/

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by DeeBaDan: 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2023
Yen yen yen. It's easy for anyone to have the courage to say anything. Albeit the practicality of the removal of the subsidy without severe effects is yet to be seen

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by madridguy(m): 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2023
tongue
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Toks2008(m): 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2023
Now Nigerians are paying for the corruption of the Govt

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Finquas: 5:51pm On Jun 26, 2023
It's because it was prototype buhari and can't fight the cabals that installed him

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by TopHub11(f): 5:54pm On Jun 26, 2023
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Atarakpa: 5:54pm On Jun 26, 2023
Nah Buhari

7 Likes

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by datola: 5:54pm On Jun 26, 2023
Buhari. See your life after office

68 Likes

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by olisefom: 5:54pm On Jun 26, 2023
Say the name and let the devil be ashamed.

33 Likes

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2023
Just imagine

6 Likes

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by obaidan: 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2023
Government brags about stopping subsidy because the goods end up in neighbouring countries..that in itself is an admission of irresponsibility on the part of the govt. U can't effectively manage subsidy , verification, payments and distribution of products...... and u are government

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by RingRoadMafia: 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2023
Oya o, Tinubus praise singers should come sing his praise. As if it's not still the same APC members that stole this country dry that are still in power today. Useless lots. By the time Tinubu is done with us, you will all beg for mercy. Ndi ara!

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by ojmaroni247(m): 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2023
grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Z74design(m): 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2023
grin
olisefom:
Say the name and let the devil be ashamed.

2 Likes

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Toluwanise247(m): 5:57pm On Jun 26, 2023
Your action maybe painful today but think about those that will benefit from it tomorrow?

49 Likes

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Corporate2020: 5:57pm On Jun 26, 2023
Okay nah. Not one President, but 5 coward idiotic nincompoopic Presidents.

What General Abdulsalami Abubakar, General Olusegun Obasanjo, General Muhammadu Buhari, Alhaji Umar Yar’Adua and Dr (Deacon) Goatluck Jonathan could not do over combined 26 years, Emilokan Adekunle Bola Ahmed Tinubu did it in the first 30 minutes of his government. Now, we know the real GENERAL.

The fraudulent fuel subsidy is gone forever

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by pyyxxaro: 5:57pm On Jun 26, 2023
The Politicians in this Country are too heartless

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by tommy589(m): 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2023
Not easy. The deed has been done and we just have to forge on

2 Likes

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Greattha: 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2023
No wonder he japad to Niger

And he was supposed to be the brave genera who the starving minions thought would kill boko, kill kwaraptian and build 8 refineries 🤣

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by obaidan: 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2023
ojmaroni247:
Nigeria needs a Revolution
Nigerians are not ready, I doubt they will ever be....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by R0LL0N(m): 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2023
B
Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Menclothing: 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2023
I know boys who smuggle petrol to neighboring countries and cashout millions on each trip

Just buy 197 sell in Togo Benin republic or Cameron at 350

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by CloudWalker: 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2023
These guys are ruthless. NOI claims comes to mind. Tinubu must be very strong to dare them.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by CharleyBright(m): 5:59pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hmmm.
Most of these politicians and public office holders need to be shot or jailed for life for playing on our intelligence.
Why is Yaguda coming to public space to yarn that thrash now?
Why didn't he tell us these during Buhari tenure? Rather he ans his cohorts were hailing Buhari for all actions and inactions.
First grade Ass licker.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by Treadway: 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
Story

You know the corruption going on, you know how to quell it or at least plug the loopholes (or perhaps they are truly blind, lame, dumb fucccks who don't know what to do) but NO. They demonise subsidy. That is their brilliant solution.

Funny!

6 Likes

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by b3llo(m): 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
Goodluck Jonathan

5 Likes

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by DesChyko: 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
Did it suddenly become a scam because we remembered the people who fought against removing it in 2012.

25 Likes

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by tommy589(m): 6:01pm On Jun 26, 2023
ojmaroni247:
Nigeria needs a Revolution

Structures to make it happen don't exist here

3 Likes

Re: Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life by MesutJjj: 6:02pm On Jun 26, 2023
I see why tinubu said is my turn,we are finish in this country

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike Visits Sites Of Ongoing Projects In Guzape, Jahi, Others / No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson / No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.