Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,261 members, 7,815,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Woman As A Good Thing - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman As A Good Thing (170 Views)

Kidnappers Kill Woman As She Begs To Be Killed Instead Of Her Daughter-In-Law / "Divorce Should Be Celebrated, Its Rise Is A Good Thing" - Nkechi Bianze / “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman As A Good Thing by ajuksobi: 10:04pm On Jun 26, 2023
WIFE AS A GOOD THING

By:
Ajukura, Fidelis O.
ajukurafidelisobi@gmail.com
26th June, 2023

"He who finds a wife, finds a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord"(Prov.18:22). I have never given adequate thought to this Bible passage until yesterday when I was taught about the position of a woman in the life of her husband. Woman is like a beacon of hope and light in the family. Therefore, any man who mistreats his own wife has already brought darkness and misery upon himself.

Women are treasure that must be handled with care and affection in order to attract God's favour. There is always a thought that runs through the mind each time issue of this kind is raised. This thought is none other than "what happens if a man marries a wayward and irresponsible woman?". Should he continue with the marriage? On the surface, the answer obviously is "NO". But if we probe a little deeper, it will be discovered that a crucial element of "finding or searching" has been neglected in the process. Man, traditionally is expected to find a wife. What this means is that, he has a responsibility to diligently search for a wife. Wife is not like a piece of commodity that is picked from the shelve with careless abandon. A wife is not like an item that is thrown or foisted on an unsuspecting customer in a shopping mall. A wife is precious, loving and caring. A wife is filled with the milk of compassion for her husband and children. For this reason, she must be sought with utmost carefulness in order not to live a life of regret.

When a man is searching or finding a wife, what is he looking for? Is it existential or accidental qualities like; height, complexion, family background, buttocks, breasts etc or essential quality like character? In searching for a wife, every conceiveable aspect of the woman must be put under scrutiny. Nothing should be taken for granted. This activity must be devoid of emotion and sentiment because any mistake or wrong judgement pronounces gloom and doom for the man. For example, any man who goes ahead to marry a woman he knows to be lazy and covetous because of her beautiful and attractive curves has already dug his own grave. He is doomed to untimely and tragic death! Traditional Africans did not marry for trivial reasons; they carried out series of background check before marriage is contracted. For example, they did not take wives from families with record of criminality, drunkenness, lunacy, other conspicuous ailments etc. Any man who, in a hurry to get married disregards or denigrates the divine command of "finding or searching" can only have himself to blame.

Away from failure to find a wife, is the practice of treacherous treatment of wives by their husbands. Many men prefer to be "Father Christmas" outside their homes than being loving and caring husbands and fathers. Another thing that hold many men down is their inability to resist women especially, those with sepulchral beauty - these are women that look like angel on the outside but are rotten inside. They're like public toilet. Any man can walk in and walk out. Such women are conditioned to hurl a man into the hellish vortex of pain and misery. Many men have lost their lives to such callous and unmerciful women. Samson in the Bible is a typical example of such men.

Any woman married based on the divine instruction of "diligently searching or finding" is bound to be a good thing and must attract God's favour.
Re: Woman As A Good Thing by Jashub: 10:05pm On Jun 26, 2023
A woman is just a breeding tool that should be handle with caution. And remember , 80% of divorces cases are always instigated by women, and society will always reward women for breaking the marital contract. Be wise kings
Re: Woman As A Good Thing by Candidlady: 10:09pm On Jun 26, 2023
Jashub:
A woman is just a breeding tool that should be handle with caution. And remember , 80% of divorces cases are always instigated by women, and society will always reward women for breaking the marital contract. Be wise kings

You are insane

I'd take you seriously if you can call your mum a tool

1 Like

Re: Woman As A Good Thing by Jashub: 10:15pm On Jun 26, 2023
Candidlady:

You are insane

I'd take you seriously if you can call your mum a tool
Another emotional woman whose coming with alot of baggage and trauma
Re: Woman As A Good Thing by Researcher720(f): 10:19pm On Jun 26, 2023
Some people that have been used by women will explain that for you
Re: Woman As A Good Thing by Vision101(m): 12:00am On Jun 27, 2023
@Candidlady

You are insane

I'd take you seriously if you can call your mum a [b]tool.

@me
Why do you always like to pick quarrel with everyone. Very toxic. Are real?

(1) (Reply)

Harsh Struggles Of An Average Nigerian Undergraduate / . / Like Seriously? See What My Wife And I Did To This Song.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.