Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Release A Panacea To National Healing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Release A Panacea To National Healing (482 Views)

Udensi Seeks Nnamdi Kanu’s Release, Says It'll Commence National Healing Process / Nnamdi Kanu’s Release Underway – Ekweremadu Assures / Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Release A Panacea To National Healing by Sirkiz: 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2023
By Chief Innocent Okeke

As I marked my birthed today June 27, 2023, I have, like an elder should do, been contemplating the issues plaguing our beloved country, with a focus on the ongoing insecurity in the South East and how best to put an end to it. As thoughts streamed through my mind, I came to realize that the key to resolving this problem rests on the Federal Government's adherence to Court orders/judgement, which has discharged and acquitted Nnamdi Kanu. FG should also listen to the advice of seasoned Nigerians, and ultimately release Nnamdi Kanu. It is widely believed that Kanu's continued detention only serves to fuel the insecurity in the region.

Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is a prominent Igbo leader and the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB). He was arrested and detained by the Nigerian government for advocating for the welfare of the Igbo people from Nigeria. Since his detention, there have been growing calls for his release by both local and international stakeholders.

The need to release Nnamdi Kanu by the Federal Government cannot be overemphasized, as it will help to promote peace and unity in Nigeria.
The continued detention of Kanu has further deepened the already existing mistrust and resentment between the Igbo youths and the Nigerian Government.
It has also fueled agitations and increased tensions in different parts of the country.

Furthermore, Kanu's detention is a clear violation of his Fundamental Human Rights, Rule of Law and Due Process, including the right to freedom of expression and the right to a fair trial.
It is also against the spirit of justice, equity, and fairness, which are fundamental values in any democratic society.

The continued detention of Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), is an abuse of court orders.
In 2017, Kanu was released on bail after being incarcerated for years on charges of treasonable felony with stringent conditions, which he met.
However, he was re-arrested in June 2021 under a questionable process which the Federal Government called extraordinary rendition and has been held in detention ever since.

Since his rearrest through extraordinary rendition from far way Kenya, the authorities have not formally charged him with any new crime, nor have they allowed him freedom like every other Nigerian.

Consequently, the continued detention of Nnamdi Kanu is a violation of his Fundamental Rights to liberty and a gross abuse of Court Order.
The Rule of Law is a fundamental pillar of democracy, and the continued detention of Kanu undermines this principle.

The authorities must abide by the court orders and grant Kanu his right to freedom.
The disregard for the rule of law in Kanu's case does not only affect him but the entire justice system and the citizens' trust in the judiciary.

It is my sincere request that Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu immediately and unconditionally release Nnamdi Kanu, as I firmly believe he has the ability to do so promptly. President Buhari's administration politicized Kanu's release, and I expect Tinubu to take a different, more compassionate approach.

The release of Kanu would assist in calming the ongoing strife between the Federal Government and rebellious youth factions throughout Nigeria. This would enable negotiations and harmonious resolution of crises, which is necessary for long-term progress and nation-building.

The forthcoming governorship election in Imo state on November 11 is a matter of concern for me.
Various local government areas such as Oru East, Oru West, Oguta, Orlu, Okigwe, Orsu, and Njaba are now ghost areas and have all been taken over by insecurity caused by both State and non State actors.

The incessant harm they have caused to people and their properties has led to an atmosphere of fear, and it is expected that voter turnout may be low.
However, if Nnamdi Kanu is released as ordered by Court of competent jurisdiction it is likely that these hoodlums will lay down their arms and engage in dialogue with the Federal Government. This may bring about an end to the threat to the lives and properties of people in Imo state and the wider South East region.

In conclusion, the release of Nnamdi Kanu by the Federal Government is not only necessary to promote peace and unity in Nigeria, but it is also a crucial step towards upholding the fundamental human rights of every Nigerian citizen. The government should, therefore, consider releasing Kanu, drop any charges against him, and engage in constructive dialogue with agitating groups to find a lasting solution to the country's challenges.

I pray that wise counsel will prevail in the corridors of power in the Federal Government.

A word is enough for the wise.

Innocent Okeke (Duru Agumba) is the National Vice Chairman South East Geopolitical Zone, Labour Party.

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Release A Panacea To National Healing by Maize247(f): 10:30pm On Jun 26, 2023
Kanu is in protective custody and not in prison

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Release A Panacea To National Healing by AntiMarxist: 10:39pm On Jun 26, 2023
Idiot.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Release A Panacea To National Healing by BabaRamota1980: 10:56pm On Jun 26, 2023
Sirkiz:
By Chief Innocent Okeke

As I marked my birthed today June 27, 2023, I have, like an elder should do, been contemplating the issues plaguing our beloved country, with a focus on the ongoing insecurity in the South East and how best to put an end to it. As thoughts streamed through my mind, I came to realize that the key to resolving this problem rests on the Federal Government's adherence to Court orders/judgement, which has discharged and acquitted Nnamdi Kanu. FG should also listen to the advice of seasoned Nigerians, and ultimately release Nnamdi Kanu. It is widely believed that Kanu's continued detention only serves to fuel the insecurity in the region.

Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is a prominent Igbo leader and the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB). He was arrested and detained by the Nigerian government for advocating for the welfare of the Igbo people from Nigeria. Since his detention, there have been growing calls for his release by both local and international stakeholders.

The need to release Nnamdi Kanu by the Federal Government cannot be overemphasized, as it will help to promote peace and unity in Nigeria.
The continued detention of Kanu has further deepened the already existing mistrust and resentment between the Igbo youths and the Nigerian Government.
It has also fueled agitations and increased tensions in different parts of the country.

Furthermore, Kanu's detention is a clear violation of his Fundamental Human Rights, Rule of Law and Due Process, including the right to freedom of expression and the right to a fair trial.
It is also against the spirit of justice, equity, and fairness, which are fundamental values in any democratic society.

The continued detention of Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), is an abuse of court orders.
In 2017, Kanu was released on bail after being incarcerated for years on charges of treasonable felony with stringent conditions, which he met.
However, he was re-arrested in June 2021 under a questionable process which the Federal Government called extraordinary rendition and has been held in detention ever since.

Since his rearrest through extraordinary rendition from far way Kenya, the authorities have not formally charged him with any new crime, nor have they allowed him freedom like every other Nigerian.

Consequently, the continued detention of Nnamdi Kanu is a violation of his Fundamental Rights to liberty and a gross abuse of Court Order.
The Rule of Law is a fundamental pillar of democracy, and the continued detention of Kanu undermines this principle.

The authorities must abide by the court orders and grant Kanu his right to freedom.
The disregard for the rule of law in Kanu's case does not only affect him but the entire justice system and the citizens' trust in the judiciary.

It is my sincere request that Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu immediately and unconditionally release Nnamdi Kanu, as I firmly believe he has the ability to do so promptly. President Buhari's administration politicized Kanu's release, and I expect Tinubu to take a different, more compassionate approach.

The release of Kanu would assist in calming the ongoing strife between the Federal Government and rebellious youth factions throughout Nigeria. This would enable negotiations and harmonious resolution of crises, which is necessary for long-term progress and nation-building.

The forthcoming governorship election in Imo state on November 11 is a matter of concern for me.
Various local government areas such as Oru East, Oru West, Oguta, Orlu, Okigwe, Orsu, and Njaba are now ghost areas and have all been taken over by insecurity caused by both State and non State actors.

The incessant harm they have caused to people and their properties has led to an atmosphere of fear, and it is expected that voter turnout may be low.
However, if Nnamdi Kanu is released as ordered by Court of competent jurisdiction it is likely that these hoodlums will lay down their arms and engage in dialogue with the Federal Government. This may bring about an end to the threat to the lives and properties of people in Imo state and the wider South East region.

In conclusion, the release of Nnamdi Kanu by the Federal Government is not only necessary to promote peace and unity in Nigeria, but it is also a crucial step towards upholding the fundamental human rights of every Nigerian citizen. The government should, therefore, consider releasing Kanu, drop any charges against him, and engage in constructive dialogue with agitating groups to find a lasting solution to the country's challenges.

I pray that wise counsel will prevail in the corridors of power in the Federal Government.

A word is enough for the wise.

Innocent Okeke (Duru Agumba) is the National Vice Chairman South East Geopolitical Zone, Labour Party.

Where was Okeke to put sense in Kanu to desist from his broadcast in Oct 2020 commanding terrorists in Lagos to destroy properties, vandalize the state and kill the current President? Was he blind and deaf at that time?

Kanu mist be executed!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Release A Panacea To National Healing by Fortruth: 1:25am On Jun 27, 2023
BabaRamota1980:

Where was Okeke to put sense in Kanu to desist from his broadcast in Oct 2020 commanding terrorists in Lagos to destroy properties, vandalize the state and kill the current President? Was he blind and deaf at that time?

Kanu mist be executed!

ZOO… You people say you practice democracy but look at your stinking smelly BLACK NIGGA self… and you even know you smell.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/08/25/insecurity-the-govt-knows-sponsors-of-boko-haram-says-olawumi/
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Release A Panacea To National Healing by Piggyeasterner: 3:31am On Jun 27, 2023
War will definitely break out in Nigeria if Tinubu released Kanu
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Release A Panacea To National Healing by allthingsgood: 3:46am On Jun 27, 2023
Nnamdi kanu the terrorist will rot in prison. Nonsense post
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Release A Panacea To National Healing by helinues: 4:27am On Jun 27, 2023
Alaigbo needs the healing first

Aren't you people even worried about the activities of the illiterates UGM locking you up every Monday?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Release A Panacea To National Healing by bhella10: 5:49am On Jun 27, 2023
Kanu is not going anywhere soon. He's Shettima's in 2031 grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Release A Panacea To National Healing by Dubetex96(m): 6:24am On Jun 27, 2023
AntiMarxist:
Idiot.
A word is enough for the wise
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Release A Panacea To National Healing by Dubetex96(m): 6:24am On Jun 27, 2023
BabaRamota1980:

Kanu mist be executed!

😂 😂 na u wan execute am
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Release A Panacea To National Healing by Nahunger(m): 6:42am On Jun 27, 2023
Lol
Shey national sickness dey ni, Tinubu no go even look una side una go talk Taya, una case na with Buhari

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Release A Panacea To National Healing by Justiceleague1: 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2023
Piggyeasterner my guy piggy,I don't think so grin:
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Release A Panacea To National Healing by Parachoco: 6:21pm On Jun 27, 2023
Nnamdi Kanu the terrorist leader won't be release
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Release A Panacea To National Healing by Fortruth: 6:39pm On Jun 27, 2023
Piggyeasterner:

War is already happening my Nigga…. And it’s a silent one….

Oyibo go enrich themselves well well with your OGA

(1) (Reply)

Transformation Of Rivers State In The Past 2 Governments / Multibillion Naira Dry Ports Lay Waste In Kano, Kaduna, Plateau, Katsina / Pictures Of Ilorin City T hisGlobe.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.