Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,729 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre (12586 Views)

After Promising New Petrol Price, NNPCL Moves To Make Cooking Gas Cheaper / Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre / FG To Reduce Petrol Price To ₦130 From ₦145 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by MT: 11:15am On Jun 27, 2023
onuman:

Before he left office, Buhari set up a possible 24 years of unbroken Muslim presidency for Nigeria:
Buhari 8 years;
Tinubu possible 8 years;
Shettima possible 8 years.

Those Nigerians who say it's not possible to Islamize Nigeria are misleading others.

Try and be reasonable.

Nigeria is a SECULAR state according to the constitution - which means Nigeria has no official religion.

No individual can stand up to declare Nigeria as a Christian or Muslim nation - It is a constitutional matter. Your argument reeks of total ignorance.

This is more reason the FG and the State Governments should stop sponsoring people to Hajj or Jerusalem
. It is against the position of the constitution and it is one of the conduits through which our foreign reserves is being depleted. FG should stop subsidising all these trips.

If you want to travel to the so called holy places, pay in full from your pocket!
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by Fapemz: 11:20am On Jun 27, 2023
Revolutionary Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery to Transform Nigeria's Power Landscape Amidst Soaring Fuel and Electricity Costs

Akure, 27/06/2023 - In the face of skyrocketing fuel prices and exorbitant electricity tariffs, the power landscape in Nigeria is on the verge of a transformative breakthrough. Introducing the game-changing Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery (LFP), a beacon of hope for Nigerians seeking an affordable and reliable alternative to traditional power generation options.

With the recent surge in fuel and gas prices, as well as the escalating electricity tariffs, Nigerians are feeling the pinch more than ever. It is in this challenging environment that our range
of LFP battery tagged Cooldipo Mobile Power Solutions (MPS) emerges as a saviour, offering respite from the burden of rising energy costs and ushering in a new era of power independence.

Here's why our MPS is the answer Nigeria has been waiting for:

1. Unbeatable Affordability: Say goodbye to the days of emptying your pockets to fill up on fuel or paying hefty electricity bills. Our battery provides an affordable alternative, liberating you from the clutches of soaring prices. It's time to reclaim control over your energy expenses and experience significant long-term savings.

2. Reliability in the Face of Uncertainty: With frequent fuel shortages and electricity outages plaguing the nation, MPS stands as a beacon of reliability. Say goodbye to interruptions and disruptions in your power supply. Our battery ensures a stable and consistent energy source, providing you with peace of mind and uninterrupted productivity.

3. Eco-Friendly Energy Solution: As the world grapples with the consequences of climate change, it is our responsibility to embrace cleaner and greener energy alternatives. Our battery is an eco-friendly choice, reducing carbon emissions and contributing to a sustainable future. Join the movement towards a cleaner Nigeria and be a part of the solution.

4. Versatility and Adaptability: Our battery is designed to cater to a wide range of power needs. From residential setups to commercial establishments and off-grid applications, it seamlessly integrates with solar panels, NEPA, Generator and other energy sources. It offers you the flexibility to customize and create your own energy ecosystem.

5. Durability and Longevity: We understand the importance of a reliable and long-lasting power solution. LFP battery is built to withstand the test of time, with a robust chemistry which guarantees extended lifespan. It eliminates the need for frequent replacements and maintenance, providing you with a hassle-free and cost-effective energy solution.

The time for change is now. Embrace the power revolution with our lithium battery and bid farewell to the era of frequent change of battery and soaring fuel prices and exorbitant electricity tariffs.
Join us in shaping a brighter future for Nigeria, where power is accessible, affordable, and sustainable.
For inquiries or further information, please contact:
Cooldipo www.cooldipo.com +23480.653.16307
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by onuman: 11:23am On Jun 27, 2023
MT:

Try and be reasonable.

Nigeria is a SECULAR state according to the constitution - which means Nigeria has no official religion.

No individual can stand up to declare Nigeria as a Christian or Muslim nation - It is a constitutional matter. Your argument reeks of total ignorance.

This is more reason the FG and the State Governments should stop sponsoring people to Hajj or Jerusalem
. It is against the position of the constitution and it is one of the conduits through which our foreign reserves is being depleted. FG should stop subsidising all these trips.

If you want to travel to the so called holy places, pay in full from your pocket!

The TAQQIYA people on Nl.

Islamists in control of Nigeria are using govrrnment instruments to expand Islam to all sections of Nigeria, Islamic terrorists are ending Christianity in the NE, struggling to do same in the Middle Belt.

If you are not on TAQQIYA, it's only an ignoramus who would think that someone declaring Nigeria as an Islamic state is the way to make Nigeria an Islamic Republic.

1 Like

Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by Landmine1: 11:24am On Jun 27, 2023
helinues:
We are all in this together irrespective of the party you supported in the last election.

For better things to happen, price must be paid
price must be paid? By same sort of politicians that foisted this corruption in the first place? I’m telling you this, that without production, no matter the price paid, never will petrol price go below 500 naira, ever. Never will dollar price fall below 500 naira ever. All this will do is slightly add small money into the reserve, that will be stolen again by another politician, and the merry go round continues till maybe the country is no more or its people no more due to hunger, suffering and famine. You know this is true.
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by MT: 11:32am On Jun 27, 2023
Flets:

You guys should stop this deceit. They should go after the subsidy thieves and close our borders to smuggling products.

They should prosecute and jail defaulters. They should subsidize our true consumption which is about 15million liters a day and not the 66 million liters they claim due to corruption.

They should reduce the cost of governance , their allowances and lots of waste to be cut first. Government is about the people and not about the politicians.

They should fix the power sector and provide enablers for the manufacturing sector

There are lots to be done before total removal of subsidy. Everyday we hear this politician stole 130 billon, another 77 billion….. unending looting.

They should not transfer the inefficiencies of governance to the people. These criminals in power must be held accountable

I doubt you have ever been to Nigeria border. It is long and porous. Even the almighty America struggles to police their own border. Policing border as big as Nigeria is not a child's play. Extremely complex and extremely expensive.

Yes! they should reduce cost of governance. I accept and this is what the NLC should be fighting fiercely for.

Fixing power sector is not that easy either. Expensive and complex. It is a long term project.

Both the politicians and the citizens must realise time has changed but alas, only citizens are feeling the brunt.
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by didymario7(m): 11:47am On Jun 27, 2023
onuman:

Before he left office, Buhari set up a possible 24 years of unbroken Muslim presidency for Nigeria:
Buhari 8 years;
Tinubu possible 8 years;
Shettima possible 8 years.

Those Nigerians who say it's not possible to Islamize Nigeria are misleading others.

To save the masses in Nigeria from possible religious conflicts, it's best the 12 sharia states have Arewa Islamic Republic to practise the sharia criminal justice they embraced. Let the SW region which formed Amotekun to have Oduduwa Republic;
Let the east form its Biafra and let the other ethnic groups in either the North or South, form their new countries.
If not, men like this Sokoto state governor are a menace to continuing one Nigeria.

One Nigeria is not working. We are more divided today than ever.

1 Like

Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by AntiChristian: 11:50am On Jun 27, 2023
lexy2014:

It's now Dangote you depending on. What happened to Tinubu?

Is your hope no longer renewed?

Is Dangote not under Tinubu?

Of course, the pot that will eat stew must first be hot!
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by AntiChristian: 11:55am On Jun 27, 2023
Things will get better after some time!
Patience is key!

Kukutenla:

So, what's the point that we'll be able to say things are now better or is it all about surviving?
We survived under Buhari and GEJ!!
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by ThankUUJesus: 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2023
bareal:

In short, no way forward. Let's just wait till the call of Almighty, then we'll leave one after the other.
hahaha first time I m laughing on nairaland. If Peter Obi no come in now weh Tinubu never damage the economy much, he can still fix it. but the damage is getting to beyond fixing level.
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by HRprof: 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2023
MT:

Maybe you don't know that the previous fixed exchange rate would push Nigeria into the abyss. The FG kept defending the Naira against the USD ALWAYS in order to keep the official rate. By so doing, FG kept depleting our foreign reserve. That approach will also make Nigeria worse off. By floating it, FG does not need to deplete the foreign reserve again, and market forces will simply determine the price.

The sad thing is that when a local currency depreciates against the USD, it is a good news for the local exporters as their goods and services will become cheap for those abroad, thus patronage will increase, and Nigeria will gain more USD. Sadly, we produce virtually nothing, and Nigeria cannot capitalise on this current opportunity.

You cannot blame Tinubu for that as he has just become the president. Stimulating local production depends on a number of variables which are mostly long term.

Everyone will suffer for many years of bad managed economy. There is no shortcut to it.

Is good news for local exporter and bad news for importers and local consumers as price of commoduties increases. the truth is that our politicials and Tinubu deals in dollars so they wouldnt feel the pain. we see how dollars was flowing during APC Primaries so the common man who dont have access to this dollar are the one to pay through their nose to purchase commoduties locally
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by Kukutenla: 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2023
AntiChristian:
Things will get better after some time!
Patience is key!

What's giving you that confidence if I may ask

1 Like

Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by lexy2014: 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2023
AntiChristian:

Is Dangote not under Tinubu?

Of course, the pot that will eat stew must first be hot!

You haven't answered my questions.

Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by BigBizzy(m): 12:39pm On Jun 27, 2023
Exactly what Nigerians deserve ...good development
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by AntiChristian: 12:45pm On Jun 27, 2023
lexy2014:

You haven't answered my questions.

I only depend on Allah not humans!
We have hope always!
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by AntiChristian: 12:46pm On Jun 27, 2023
Kukutenla:

What's giving you that confidence if I may ask

I just have the feeling we're gonna get it right this time!
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by obrian888: 12:51pm On Jun 27, 2023
MAY GOD PUNISH EVERYONE WHO HAVE/HAS A HAND IN THE SUFFERINGS OF NIGERIANS WHETHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, MAY THEY NEVER RIP THE FRUITS OF THEIR LABOUR, ESPECIALLY THE ELECTED POLITICIANS.
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by Kukutenla: 1:03pm On Jun 27, 2023
MT:

I doubt you have ever been to Nigeria border. It is long and porous. Even the almighty America struggles to police their own border. Policing border as big as Nigeria is not a child's play. Extremely complex and extremely expensive.

Yes! they should reduce cost of governance. I accept and this is what the NLC should be fighting fiercely for.

Fixing power sector is not that easy either. Expensive and complex. It is a long term project.

Both the politicians and the citizens must realise time has changed but alas, only citizens are feeling the brunt.
This is the problem with govt defenders like you. Your hypocrisy stinks and you try to hide in under the garb of being rational.
The govt is very quick to close border but you make excuses for them that policing same border they close and open at will is complex and costly. Why don't they just leave the border as it is then instead of turning it to a gate they close and open at will?

You have suddenly turned the issue of cutting cost of governance to NLC vs Govt in a tit for tat manner. If govt removes subsidy, NLC should "fight fiercely" to reduce cost of running govt. May I ask you if that's part of the core mandate of NLC? NLC is presently asking for minimum wage review and they're yet to make headway yet you add fighting for reduction of running cost of govt to their plate. May i ask you what exactly is on govt's(executive and legislature) plate then?
Fixing power sector is not easy? But removing subsidy on power and floating forex leading to electricity tariff hike is abi?
You're really not making any sense where building a nation is concerned
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by Kukutenla: 1:05pm On Jun 27, 2023
AntiChristian:

I just have the feeling we're gonna get it right this time!
Feeling?!! What a joke
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by AntiChristian: 1:11pm On Jun 27, 2023
Kukutenla:

Feeling?!! What a joke

You think so?
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by Kukutenla: 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2023
AntiChristian:

You think so?
You should be old enough to know that your feelings do not have any impact on this subject. Feeling won't secure the nation nor make life easier for the common people.
I'm actually disappointed you based your judgement on feeling
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by AntiChristian: 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2023
Kukutenla:

You should be old enough to know that your feelings do not have any impact on this subject. Feeling won't secure the nation nor make life easier for the common people.
I'm actually disappointed you based your judgement on feeling

You should be disappointed!

And when the feelings are justified then you'll be gobsmacked! grin
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by MT: 1:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
Kukutenla:

This is the problem with govt defenders like you. Your hypocrisy stinks and you try to hide in under the garb of being rational.
The govt is very quick to close border but you make excuses for them that policing same border they close and open at will is complex and costly. Why don't they just leave the border as it is then instead of turning it to a gate they close and open at will?

You have suddenly turned the issue of cutting cost of governance to NLC vs Govt in a tit for tat manner. If govt removes subsidy, NLC should "fight fiercely" to reduce cost of running govt. May I ask you if that's part of the core mandate of NLC? NLC is presently asking for minimum wage review and they're yet to make headway yet you add fighting for reduction of running cost of govt to their plate. May i ask you what exactly is on govt's(executive and legislature) plate then?
Fixing power sector is not easy? But removing subsidy on power and floating forex leading to electricity tariff hike is abi?
You're really not making any sense where building a nation is concerned

I will first advise you to stop being emotional. High blood pressure is real and it is no respecter of a person.

You claim you are rational, and yet you dont know that when it comes to smuggling, smugglers dont pass through the official border. They turn any part of our perimeter to entry and exit. The illegal aliens going into US, are they making use of the normal official route ?. Try and be reasonable. Like I earlier said, you have never seen any part of the perimeter of Nigeria, maybe you will suggest it should be fenced cheesy grin.

NLC is a pressure group, and it is right under their purview to press the Govt to reduce cost of governance. You claim to be learned, yet you dont know that if NLC keeps fighting for increase in salary, it will lead to inflation which will erode any gains the NLC might feel they have made. How many percentage of Nigerians are civil servants? Increasing the value of the naira is more reasonable to increase the purchasing power of the people. This wont happen overnight but they need to keep pressing the Govt.

You are asking about the function of the executive of the executive / Legislature - In your mind, the president will just say things and it will start happening or the legislature will wake up one day to reduce their own earning. Immense pressure from outside can force their hands, and remember the power of the president is NOT absolute. He is not a King and he is bound by the constitution. Most of what you ask the president to do, if he attempts it, he will be impeached and kicked out of the office.

As for the power sector, you are not being realistic if you feel it is that easy. Even South Africa is rationing electricity due to drop in their power grid. It amazes me how some people who cannot govern a family of 3 will suddenly wake up to be unrealistically advising someone who is governing the most populous black nation. If it is that easy, you should have thrown your hat into the ring and contest.

In a bid to sound political correct, think of your health first because the way you are sounding can only lead to one outcome.
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by XY23: 1:35pm On Jun 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

Whatever you think of me, subsidy is no longer sustainable.

Reality is not favorable to us all the time.

Lord knows, I wish it was other wise, I effing wish it was otherwise.

You don't understand what he's saying. Yes, subsidy is very sustainable, but not in a country like ours. Again, the alternative is like saying "since we have goats (criminal politicians) let's not grow yam for the masses". Sadly, while we sacrifice our right to eat yam (subsidy), they're growing their barns (cost of governance), while at the same time starving us of other staples (cheap education, electricity etc).

In essence, the only reason subsidy isn't sustainable as you posited is CORRUPTION, and removing subsidy hasn't tackled the problem (mass poverty). Nigeria is moving in circles.

1 Like

Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by nairalanda1(m): 1:42pm On Jun 27, 2023
XY23:

You don't understand what he's saying. Yes, subsidy is very sustainable, but not in a country like ours. Again, the alternative is like saying "since we have goats (criminal politicians) let's not grow yam for the masses". Sadly, while we sacrifice our right to eat yam (subsidy), they're growing their barns (cost of governance), while at the same time starving us of other staples (cheap education, electricity etc).

In essence, the only reason subsidy isn't sustainable as you posited is CORRUPTION, and removing subsidy hasn't tackled the problem (mass poverty). Nigeria is moving in circles.

Now I agree with you, but the main issue with subsidy is not the associated corruption

The main issue with subsidy....please listen to me, because this is important....is that Nigeria cannot do anything about the cost of production and transport of fuel.

That cost keeps rising. And once it keeps rising , so does subsidy costs as well.

Right now, government is owing NNPC heavily...because sudden rises in oil prices last year to over 100 dollars per barrel, raisng subsidy costs.

We tried to control it in the past...and such wack economic measures led to us losing domestic refining capacity over several years from 1993, to 2016.

As harsh as it sounds, subsidy had to go. My own be say that we should have removed it ages ago.
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by Kukutenla: 2:11pm On Jun 27, 2023
AntiChristian:

You should be disappointed!

And when the feelings are justified then you'll be gobsmacked! grin

Feelings justified? Hmmmm. You really are lost in your own delusions
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by Ray07(m): 2:20pm On Jun 27, 2023
helinues:
We are all in this together irrespective of the party you supported in the last election.

For better things to happen, price must be paid
You and who . . .
Abi na me carry my hand vote in calamity 3 times.

Enjoy the change and renew hope y'all clamored for.
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by Kukutenla: 2:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
MT:

I will first advise you to stop being emotional. High blood pressure is real and it is no respecter of a person.

You claim you are rational, and yet you dont know that when it comes to smuggling, smugglers dont pass through the official border. They turn any part of our perimeter to entry and exit. The illegal aliens going into US, are they making use of the normal official route ?. Try and be reasonable. Like I earlier said, you have never seen any part of the perimeter of Nigeria, maybe you will suggest it should be fenced cheesy grin.

NLC is a pressure group, and it is right under their purview to press the Govt to reduce cost of governance. You claim to be learned, yet you dont know that if NLC keeps fighting for increase in salary, it will lead to inflation which will erode any gains the NLC might feel they have made. How many percentage of Nigerians are civil servants? Increasing the value of the naira is more reasonable to increase the purchasing power of the people. This wont happen overnight but they need to keep pressing the Govt.

You are asking about the function of the executive of the executive / Legislature - In your mind, the president will just say things and it will start happening or the legislature will wake up one day to reduce their own earning. Immense pressure from outside can force their hands, and remember the power of the president is NOT absolute. He is not a King and he is bound by the constitution. Most of what you ask the president to do, if he attempts it, he will be impeached and kicked out of the office.

As for the power sector, you are not being realistic if you feel it is that easy. Even South Africa is rationing electricity due to drop in their power grid. It amazes me how some people who cannot govern a family of 3 will suddenly wake up to be unrealistically advising someone who is governing the most populous black nation. If it is that easy, you should have thrown your hat into the ring and contest.

In a bid to sound political correct, think of your health first because the way you are sounding can only lead to one outcome.

Shove your advice down your pocket. It is useless to me. Save it for your fellow zombies. I'm only here to expose your hypocrisy as a paid agent.
What part of Nigeria have you been to? Is it Lagos or Oyo, Niger or Kwara to tell me about Nigeria's borders. Even an kid who has been to badagry will see all the modified vehicles going to and fro the border without anyone stopping them yet this dude is capping nonsense. FYI, even the US has a border wall. Yes, that's the wall you think is a stupid idea with your laughing emoji. And millions of those illegal migrants get caught and deported and the US has never closed its borders simply due to the activities of smugglers. What they do is tighten border security like a responsible govt should.

You can quote the part of NLC mandate that gives them the responsibility to "fight fiercely" for govt running cost reduction. NLC's mandate is workers' welfare. If those you voted into office do not have enough patriotism in them to reduce the cost of governance, it is only an hypocrite that will push that to NLC who have no business with it. It is just like an employee asking his employer to prune down the cost of running the office. Does it not sound daft to even you?

And it's funny you think increasing the wages of workers will increase inflation but not subsidy removal or floating exchange rate. Do you even realize that it is the same govt that took both decisions that has a responsibility to curb inflation? To show you how watery your point is, same govt that floated the naira just three weeks ago is defending the naira this week. Your govt is opening your yansh up to IMF and WB to come and rip you off yet you are complaining against wage increment. You think this is the first govt to float Naira or attempt subsidy removal? Go and get yourself properly educated before you start typing abeg.

So the President can remove social welfare and he will not be impeached but he cannot reduce govt running cost else he will be impeached. Are you even listening to yourself? Whose interests should be supreme to the President? The generality of Nigerians or a few politicians? I thought y'all said TInubu has all the balls and courage to do whatever he wants. Suddenly he's at the mercy of politicians!! Hypocrisy again.

Suddenly nothing is easy anymore. You are just making halfwitty excuse. If your govt know they can't improve on things, then they have no business making it worse.

Again shove your advice in your throat
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by MT: 3:04pm On Jun 27, 2023
Kukutenla:

Shove your advice down your pocket. It is useless to me. Save it for your fellow zombies. I'm only here to expose your hypocrisy as a paid agent.
What part of Nigeria have you been to? Is it Lagos or Oyo, Niger or Kwara to tell me about Nigeria's borders. Even an kid who has been to badagry will see all the modified vehicles going to and fro the border without anyone stopping them yet this dude is capping nonsense. FYI, even the US has a border wall. Yes, that's the wall you think is a stupid idea with your laughing emoji. And millions of those illegal migrants get caught and deported and the US has never closed its borders simply due to the activities of smugglers. What they do is tighten border security like a responsible govt should.

You can quote the part of NLC mandate that gives them the responsibility to "fight fiercely" for govt running cost reduction. NLC's mandate is workers' welfare. If those you voted into office do not have enough patriotism in them to reduce the cost of governance, it is only an hypocrite that will push that to NLC who have no business with it. It is just like an employee asking his employer to prune down the cost of running the office. Does it not sound daft to even you?

And it's funny you think increasing the wages of workers will increase inflation but not subsidy removal or floating exchange rate. Do you even realize that it is the same govt that took both decisions that has a responsibility to curb inflation? To show you how watery your point is, same govt that floated the naira just three weeks ago is defending the naira this week. Your govt is opening your yansh up to IMF and WB to come and rip you off yet you are complaining against wage increment. You think this is the first govt to float Naira or attempt subsidy removal? Go and get yourself properly educated before you start typing abeg.

So the President can remove social welfare and he will not be impeached but he cannot reduce govt running cost else he will be impeached. Are you even listening to yourself? Whose interests should be supreme to the President? The generality of Nigerians or a few politicians? I thought y'all said TInubu has all the balls and courage to do whatever he wants. Suddenly he's at the mercy of politicians!! Hypocrisy again.

Suddenly nothing is easy anymore. You are just making halfwitty excuse. If your govt know they can't improve on things, then they have no business making it worse.

Again shove your advice in your throat

You said NLC has no mandate to press the government to cut cost of governance. It seems you are an half illiterate. Read this.

https://thenationonlineng.net/nlc-govt-cut-cost-governance/

Maybe you do not know what is called a "pressure group", go and get educated about it.

Referring to the US, did the US fence the entire border?

It's obvious your write up was driven by your hatred for Tinubu. Nothing you can do about it, he is your President.

Admit it and stop this deep hatred that is eating you up. Again, high blood pressure is real.

If you know so much, contest next time and come and turn Nigeria to Dubai overnight with your Mickey mouse economic policies grin cheesy
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by ojobek: 3:17pm On Jun 27, 2023
You dey wine me ni, campaigner
helinues:

It will cos keeping money with politicians is just like keeping yam with goat but the looting won't be as before.

Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by Kukutenla: 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2023
MT:

You said NLC has no mandate to press the government to cut cost of governance. It seems you are an half illiterate. Read this.

https://thenationonlineng.net/nlc-govt-cut-cost-governance/

Maybe you do not know what is called a "pressure group", go and get educated about it.

Referring to the US, did the US fence the entire border?

It's obvious your write up was driven by your hatred for Tinubu. Nothing you can do about it, he is your President.

Admit it and stop this deep hatred that is eating you up. Again, high blood pressure is real.

If you know so much, contest next time and come and turn Nigeria to Dubai overnight with your Mickey mouse economic policies grin cheesy

The Federal Government yesterday got a piece of advice on its planned austerity measures. It should reduce its running cost, workers said.

This is the first line of your link. Unfortunately, you failed to read. Typical of half-baked Nigerian graduates. NLC gave FG an advice. I expect you know an advice is not something you "fight fiercely" to have implemented. I have also noticed you have been calling NLC a pressure group. Your aim is to make NLC a strawman to cover incompetence and insincerity of your paymasters. NLC is a labour union whose mandate and responsibility is to workers. You should know the difference between that and a pressure group as you have been putting it.

You have descended to the US not fencing the entire border. You see how half smart you are now? There is over 900km of border wall in the US with other areas covered by sensors, cameras and drones, yet you are saying, at least they didn't build everything. Such a dumb riposte!!

You have now arrived at it is because of hate for Tinubu. Does my "hate" for Tinubu have any bearing on his ability to perform or otherwise?

Does my hate for him increase how much his policies affect me good or bad, or does your love for him reduce the effect of subsidy, electricity and forex on your pocket? Try and be rational na
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by lexy2014: 3:48pm On Jun 27, 2023
AntiChristian:

I only depend on Allah not humans!
We have hope always!

you depend on Allah here we are

AntiChristian:

May Dangote refinery and others in the pipeline start soon to reduce the fluctuations even if a little!

you always have hope in what?
Re: FOREX Challenge Driving Petrol Price Towards N581 Per Litre by lexy2014: 3:52pm On Jun 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

Now I agree with you, but the main issue with subsidy is not the associated corruption

The main issue with subsidy....please listen to me, because this is important....is that Nigeria cannot do anything about the cost of production and transport of fuel.

That cost keeps rising. And once it keeps rising , so does subsidy costs as well.

Right now, government is owing NNPC heavily...because sudden rises in oil prices last year to over 100 dollars per barrel, raisng subsidy costs.

We tried to control it in the past...and such wack economic measures led to us losing domestic refining capacity over several years from 1993, to 2016.

As harsh as it sounds, subsidy had to go. My own be say that we should have removed it ages ago.

if you say that the cost of subsidy keeps rising because of the cost of producing fuel, can you pls tell us what it cost to produce a litre of fuel now and in the past

you should also do justice to the following as it related to your comments?

What is the percentage of each litre of fuel the government paid as subsisdy?

How much percentage did it decrease to after each "removal" of Subsidy?

Which subsidy did NNPCL say was removed in 2020 and which one are they still talking about in 2023?

XY23

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps / Rivers Monorail Project Gathers Steam - First Tracks Laid. / Abia State Govt Set To Commence Phased Redevelopment Of Ariaria Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.