Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,163 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? (16827 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. / The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? / What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by ocelot2006(m): 9:38am On Oct 05, 2011
@ Blank

That is a very big lie. I come from Etim Ekpo, an LGA that was long forgotten by past administrations. But right now I can tell you that we have one of the best road network in the country.then there's the rural electrification projects within the LGA that was aggressively pursued and long completed. We still have a long way to go, but we're on the right path.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by striker07(m): 9:46am On Oct 05, 2011
I will rate Akwa Ibom has one the most developed state in nigeria in terms of infrastructure, the roads being constructed there are world class.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by blank(f): 10:11am On Oct 05, 2011
If u like say it is a big or a small lie. When i went there, i know what i saw. This was just last year. No road at all. The only way to access it is by bike. I entered N1000 bike to get to this God forsaken and dead place.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by Debroslink: 10:31am On Oct 05, 2011
blank:

Abeg na only Uyo and Eket o. U should see the interior village my brother served in. No light, no telephones, no toilets, schools have no furniture, real bush.

Guy, i did my NYSC @ Ibesikpo Asutan in Akwa Ibom 2010 batch B. I moved d length nd breadth of d state. I grovel @ d feet of Akpabio cos d Governor is doing a great job. Although, not all places are develoved, but they are developing. Is it Etinan, Efa, Ikot Abasi, Oron, Ikot Ekpene, Nsit Ibom To mention but a few.

Governor Akpabio, carry go joor!!!!!!!

n but a few.

Governor Akpabio, carry go joor!!!!!!!
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by joudini(m): 10:33am On Oct 05, 2011
@blank, just like there are dark spots in EVERY society, it is the sum total of development of the state in respect to IGR and state receipts in ratio to other states that should determine its efficient rate of development.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by joudini(m): 10:38am On Oct 05, 2011
@blank, just like there are dark spots in EVERY society, it is the sum total of development of the state in respect to IGR and state receipts in ratio to other states that should determine its efficient rate of development.

After six yrs at FGC Ik in the early 2000s, visiting this february, l couldn't help being impressed.

Give honour to whom it is due.

Akwa ibom mma!
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by niviso: 10:57am On Oct 05, 2011
KnowAll:

@ Beaf,

Don’t you think it is high time you tell your oga to get his act together in NDDC. All those sub-standard roads they are building all over the place is not it oh. It is just a ruse to share money, they should just disband NDDC and share whatever money that is accrued to that Organisation amongst the oil producing states for ‘inter oil producing states projects’ i.e the Governors in the recipient states would dictate the projects that would benefit them not some bloooooody bureaucrats in Abuja,  

My concern is that in NDDC they sell the contracts, eg for example if you like it that way, a road contract worth 120million is sold by the originating department or whoever to a contractor for like 25million. Now tell me what do you expect of that road if the contract that have good return on investment? Substandard job of course.
Good initiative + corruption = Bad result
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by richidinho(m): 11:14am On Oct 05, 2011
akwa ibom ado, ok

Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 05, 2011
Bollocks!Those model images are not near proof of a developed state!
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by Orikinla(m): 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2011
Many villages in present day Akwa Ibom look like places last seen in Chinua Achebe's classic novel "Things Fall Apart" where the natives are still primitive and they eat more dogs than goats and cattle.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by Kobojunkie: 12:04pm On Oct 05, 2011
all4naija:

Bollocks!Those model images is not near proof of a developed state!

I am with you . . . . where are the so-called pictures of development now? Someone took close up pictures of newly tarred road and posted that as development in 2011. ROFLMAO!!! Another one posts model pictures as if that automagically translates to progress on ground. Naija, una sure say una no know say na us dey aid this decay so?? ROLFMAO!!!
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by otokx(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2011
Propaganda at its best
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by NnamdiN: 2:22pm On Oct 05, 2011
Uyo is beautiful sha but wetin d poster post here no be so o grin grin
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 05, 2011
see auto cad and archi cad at work, re modelling indeed, grin grin grin grin grin

well i still think he is doing a good job, at least my neighbor who is from there confessed to his handi works

the truth is that nigerians are very easy to impress, so if people are complaining at your government then you definetely have a problem
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by idy4eva: 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2011
I thk this forum wil serve a better purpose if sychophancy is reduced if not eliminated.
I live in Akwa  ibom and most of those stories are untrue.
A job by one of the P.As 2 score a point. Btw 2006 and Nov 2010,Akwa Ibom collected N1.2tr. If u do litle arithmetic u cn pix what dat amt cn do.
He commissioned the Tropicana when d walls as am writing are NOT PLASTERED! Yes d budget ratio is true because it is only thru capital proj dat funds are easily siphon. Salaries in the state are not paid. Minimum wage ask Vagard that the purported info of devt came from.
Who is d most vain glorious governor?
Wch governor has collected higher numba of honoary doctorate? Chk Uyo out! Just a big village. Insecurity,   Pls, let me end b4 some say i be ACN nt PDP.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by idy4eva: 3:58pm On Oct 05, 2011
I feel quite disappointed by this write-up and resonses.
Dis must b another paid advertorial.
Btw May 2007 and Dec. 2010, Akwa Ibom got N1.2tr frm FGN nt 2 mention IGR.
Did d poster tel u d cost of jobs in Akwa Ibom?
The budget ratio is true and it's because u cn steal mch thru inflated contracts.
He commissioned the Tropicana, as i write this the wall are NOT PLASTERED.
Sm1 sed minimum wage has been signed pls chk 2day's Sun Newspaper.
Salaries in the state has not been paid. The pix u C R MODELS not completed proj, 
Pls mek i stop b4 una say i be ACN nt PDP.
Bt honestly, the guy is a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by ITbomb(m): 4:21pm On Oct 05, 2011
ATTN: idy4eva

Btw May 2007 and Dec. 2010, Akwa Ibom got N1.2tr frm FGN nt 2 mention IGR.
Did d poster tel u d cost of jobs in Akwa Ibom?
of course that is why you see high quality jobs, high quality roads, imagine Berger building a road for you and guarantee it for 15 years ie to repair free of charge in case of damage.

He commissioned the Tropicana, as i write this the wall are NOT PLASTERED.
I am not sure there is any occasion for commissioning of Tropicana yet
Akpabio commission 650 brand new project in september 2011 during the state anniversary

Sm1 sed minimum wage has been signed pls chk 2day's Sun Newspaper.
Salaries in the state has not been paid
True the salary has not yet been paid, cos of bureaucracy in adjusting the payment schedule to reflect the minimum wage.
But then the Governor has ASSURED THAT THE SALARY WHEN PAID WILL BE BACK DATED TO APRIL, apart from the fact that Akwa Ibom pay workers 13 month salary ie one extra month (end of year pay)

The pix u C R MODELS not completed proj,
You can check below for the completed project as at ending last year
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-511531.0.html

I will post new projects soon
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by EPOMA(m): 5:31pm On Oct 05, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

As much as I applaud Akpabio for the development initiative, I have the inkling that this development drive is unsustainable given that much of the revenue utilized for the development comes from oil proceeds. With the oil wells and costal lines thought to have belonged to Akwa-Ibom now being reclaimed by Cross-Rivers and Rivers States, like some economic analyst have said not too long ago, Akwa-Ibom would shoot itself in the foot.

More worrying is the fact that the state IGR rank below states like Edo and Ogun and I am of the opinion that it is not enough for governments today in Nigeria to build roads, bridges, etcas they must go a step further to ensure the development is sustainable by strengthening thier financial based through well orchestrasted IGR.

In all, kudos to Akwa-Ibom and the Akpabio government.

Please people don,t be decieved by that criminal called akpabio who only know how to paid journalist to write crap in the papers. The man himself does not understand what it is to be developed.
He has just awarded a contract to build a banquet hall in the government house for 18 billion Naira, please the cost is too much, he is thief
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by ITbomb(m): 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2011
EPOMA:

Please people don,t be decieved by that criminal called akpabio who only know how to paid journalist to write crap in the papers. The man himself does not understand what it is to be developed.
He has just awarded a contract to build a banquet hall in the government house for 18 billion Naira, please  the cost is too much, he is thief

source pls
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2011
EPOMA:

He has just awarded a contract to build a banquet hall in the government house for 18 billion Naira
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by EPOMA(m): 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2011
ITbomb:

ATTN: idy4eva
of course that is why you see high quality jobs, high quality roads, imagine Berger building a road for you and guarantee it for 15 years ie to repair free of charge in case of damage.
I am not sure there is any occasion for commissioning of Tropicana yet
Akpabio commission 650 brand new project in september 2011 during the state anniversary
True the salary has not yet been paid,  cos of bureaucracy in adjusting the payment schedule to reflect the minimum wage.
But then the Governor has ASSURED THAT THE SALARY WHEN PAID WILL BE BACK DATED TO APRIL, apart from the fact that Akwa Ibom pay workers 13 month salary ie one extra month (end of year pay)

You can check below for the completed project as at ending last year
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-511531.0.html

I will post new projects soon

My guy, name only 10 projects that Godswill have done that justify the money that he has spent.Untill you guys open your eyes and look at things from a 21st century manner, we are still doomed, you gave  a link to the projects he has done, looking at the Uyo calabar road, I did not see any barriers protecting cars by the hills, and that road was a 27 billion naira project, please also note that the road is a federal road which the cost was to be refunded by the federal government. I also remember when the federal government refunded money for the power plant and $80 million dollar went missing.
   All i can say make una stay there dey decieve una self. Each time I check projects that are taking place in dubai, bahrain and qatar, most time they are cheaper than what is spent in Nigeria  but they look better and are efficient. Akwa Ibom is a disgrace
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by ritux: 7:31pm On Oct 05, 2011
i just finished my NYSC tuesday 4th october and it pains me alot that I have to go back to my useless state they call big heart. the most notable thing i will miss is the good road network. i dont think i went to the mechanic to repair my car anyday thruout my service year apart from my monthly engine maintenance but i know that by the time i get to delta state, i will be a regular customer for my mechanic. the governor has tried alot in terms of road constrution and other infrastructures need by the average citizen. i will score him 8/10 for that. secondly have u ever seen were students are arrested because they were found roaming the street during sch hours and their parents will have to come and bail them. this goes to show how education is important to akpabio[b] FREE AND COMPULSORY EDUCATION [/b] to sec sch level. i served in a secondary sch at Ikot Ekpene and you need to see the population in these schs.
on a hilarious note or u may say negative if u like, i made a lot of money from pdp/akpabio during the election. as a presiding officer, i got 20k each election day b4 the commencement of voting including the day first day election was cancelled not to talk about other cash i got from top officials in my ward, in all i made 149,600. that is more than the entire money fed govt was suppose to pay me for the whole service year before the new increment of alawi. i am not saying i rigged election for them even though i was paid to do so becos virtually evrybody that came to my unit to vote, voted for GEJ and akpabio during the election. i vividly remember that during presidential election, GEJ got 99% only one person voted for FRESH(chris okotie) and during the governorship, everybody voted for AKPABIO. so i had no cause to manipulate the result and i went home hapily with my cool cash.

KUDOS to AKPABIO pls come and govern DELTA st for only 2 years pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

AKS ADOKE!!!
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by franko2: 7:36pm On Oct 05, 2011
i heard so much about akwa ibom and akpabio a while back, so much that i went to stay with a friend in uyo at d earliest opportunity, and i came away with mixed feelings

1) ibomites although openly welcoming, are still a bit clannish, they take sabotaging ones progress common with d average naijaman to another level

it is very common for people to open eating and drinking joint as d popular biz in vogue and, with exxon-mobil being a dominant player in naijas oil and gas industry being almost entirely basing their production in akwa ibom, it is scandalous that they do not have any discernible operational base in d state, mind u - isaid 'operational base', because yes, they have oil wells all over but, run everything from lagos and abuja, d staff who work with them just hop on a helicopter to visit platforms when necessary and return to eket, ph, lagos or abuja - they would never get away with doing that in rivers, lai lai

as a matter of fact, when jobs are advertised for servicing exxon-mobil in ibom, a particular requirement is usually that u are based in onne, surprise, surprise!!! why? i no sabi oooo

ibomites, wen d oil dry, una go hear weeeen ooo!!  please, encourage non-natives to show u a thing or two about creating value in ur society, everybody will benefit more from that

yoruba man say eni lori, oo ni fila, eni ni fila, oo lori

man wen get head no get cap, man wen com get cap nah, no get head, na wa ya!!

i hope ibomites dont view dis negatively, jus something i took away from my 3-month stay in ewet, lol
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by NnamdiN: 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2011
^^must u lie to praise akpabio? I'll do ma best to snap at least 5/10 child hawkers(with a digital camera so u wud c d time stamp) once we're done with our student week, Nobody arrests nor care about these children, even lecturers buy stuff from the kids. ikot ekpene is the Governor's hometown hence its rapid development. As regards the road network in Uyo, it's been good since his predecessor's days. Akpabio is doing his best but his best ain't good enough, Criticisms aside, Uyo is d sweetest place to live if u've got some okuk(money) and pretty soon it would be an Igbo land(lol)4 outta every 10 r Igbos
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by Genius100: 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2011
Can someone tell me why Nigerians continue to paint curbs and medians black and white, only for the white part to be filthy after a few weeks. Why can't they just leave the concrete as is, like it's done in developed countries,
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by sheyguy: 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2011
I disagree with the topic. I would rather say that akwa ibom is the most improved state structurally in the past eight years.
Think of akwa ibom as a gifted state that has not developed to its full limit but has been one oe d most improved state around in recent years.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 05, 2011
Action speaks louder than words - a picture is worth a thousand words! Images,please!
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by igboboy1(m): 11:07pm On Oct 05, 2011
Uduaghan buckle up make delta no carry last o, berra pay Akpabio visit for some tips
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:17pm On Oct 05, 2011
igbo boy:

Uduaghan buckle up make delta no carry last o, berra pay Akpabio visit for some tips

On the bolded: too late mate. Dem don carry last, lock door comot!!! shocked
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:22pm On Oct 05, 2011
Genius100:

Can someone tell me why Nigerians continue to paint curbs and medians black and white, only for the white part to be filthy after a few weeks. Why can't they just leave the concrete as is, like it's done in developed countries,

^^^ I've always wondered the same too. Very annoying isn't it? Esp' when they tend not to sweep the roads on a daily basis. The dirt/sand that accumulates at the sides of the roads 'itches' my eyes a lot angry.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? by Kobojunkie: 11:25pm On Oct 05, 2011
all4naija:

Action speaks louder than words - a picture is worth a thousand words! Images,please!

I still dey wait too for the wonderful pictures of development that warrant all the praise some have showered on the Governor.  grin grin grin From experience though . . . . ROFLMAO!!! When a Nigerian tells you something is wonderful, be prepared to be disappointed . . . . . ROFL

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Radio Biafra Hits Airwaves In Lagos State - 89.1FM / Obasanjo Apologises To Joe Odumakin Over May 2004 Manhandling / 2019: North Wants Buhari, Even On Wheelchair –ACF Chieftain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.