Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Alot Of Nigerian Websites Including Nairaland Have Been Compromised - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Alot Of Nigerian Websites Including Nairaland Have Been Compromised (466 Views)

As A Programmer With Alot Of Experience What Kind Of Entrepreneur Business Can I / ��took My Time Gather Alot Paid Courses Which Is Worth Exploring�� / Who Knows The Various SMS Gateway Addresses Of Nigerian Service Providers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alot Of Nigerian Websites Including Nairaland Have Been Compromised by RubiesBanking: 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2023
Every Nairalander should be mandate to update their password. Most of our usernames and password are being sold on the dark web.

A link got shared in an OSINT group to verify if our data had been compromised, and I noticed many Nigerian websites, including Nairaland, were identified as compromised

Upon investigating the extent of the data breach on Nairaland, I discovered many usernames and passwords displayed were still functional with active users still utilizing them.

What makes the situation even more concerning is that our passwords are not even encrypted, the compromised also includes social media accounts and email addresses of each users. Most of us use a single password to log in to our email and social media accounts which makes it even more dangerous.

We need start taking the privacy and security of our data much more seriously, most people don't care because they don't have anything to hide which is very bad.
Re: Alot Of Nigerian Websites Including Nairaland Have Been Compromised by airsaylongcome: 12:39pm On Jun 27, 2023
He who alleges must prove. I will give you my Nairaland alt via email and you provide the pw also via email
Re: Alot Of Nigerian Websites Including Nairaland Have Been Compromised by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2023
You're def bluffing
Re: Alot Of Nigerian Websites Including Nairaland Have Been Compromised by finallybusy: 5:48am On Jun 28, 2023
Source: Trust me, bro. Them talk am for market.
Re: Alot Of Nigerian Websites Including Nairaland Have Been Compromised by RubiesBanking: 8:25am On Jun 28, 2023
airsaylongcome:
He who alleges must prove. I will give you my Nairaland alt via email and you provide the pw also via email

They posted just enough for you to search and login to the credentials as proof, and this is the same with other Nigerian websites i searched. Most of them know their data has been breached but they don't bother to let user's know these details or prefer to just deny it.

1 Like

Re: Alot Of Nigerian Websites Including Nairaland Have Been Compromised by airsaylongcome: 1:59pm On Jun 28, 2023
RubiesBanking:

They posted just enough for you to search and login to the credentials as proof, and this is the same with other Nigerian websites i searched. Most of them know their data has been breached but they don't bother to let user's know these details or prefer to just deny it.

Then there's really no benefit changing passwords na. Cos it's just a matter of time for it to get compromised
Re: Alot Of Nigerian Websites Including Nairaland Have Been Compromised by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2023
RubiesBanking:

Now you have shown them proof, they refuse to respond 😂.
Please give us the link let us research websites that have our details
Re: Alot Of Nigerian Websites Including Nairaland Have Been Compromised by Purvan(m): 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2023
Where is this source from ??

The last time Nairaland was breached was in 2015
Re: Alot Of Nigerian Websites Including Nairaland Have Been Compromised by Paystack: 2:45pm On Jun 28, 2023
Nothing new here

Most of those details we're gotten via phishing

It happens to any social media

Seun is backward and slow

What stops from implementing 2FA HERE?

1 Like

Re: Alot Of Nigerian Websites Including Nairaland Have Been Compromised by Purvan(m): 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2023
Paystack:
Nothing new here

Most of those details we're gotten via phishing

It happens to any social media

Seun is backward and slow

What stops from implementing 2FA HERE?

2FA on a traditional website?

Jeez

I think Seun needs let go of Nairaland to a more reasonable admin who's a programmer
Re: Alot Of Nigerian Websites Including Nairaland Have Been Compromised by Paystack: 7:56pm On Jun 28, 2023
Purvan:

Jeez

I think Seun needs let go of Nairaland to a more reasonable admin who's a programmer

It will be optional.

Email base setup to reduce cost
Re: Alot Of Nigerian Websites Including Nairaland Have Been Compromised by airsaylongcome: 9:00pm On Jun 28, 2023
Purvan:

Jeez

You know I know you shebi? grin

Or let me rephrase that. I know the switch that occurred
Re: Alot Of Nigerian Websites Including Nairaland Have Been Compromised by Purvan(m): 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2023
airsaylongcome:

You know I know you shebi? grin

Or let me rephrase that. I know the switch that occurred

Yeah

I ditched my old one for this

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Build an App And create a Website / Real Job Opportunities After Your Training! Scholarship Is Available! / Please What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Java Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.