Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities (16770 Views)

Do You Need A Better Job 2020? Come in! Lets get you a job / Do You Need A Better Job In 2018? / What Can I Do To Improve My Chances Of A Better Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by AsabaDirect(m): 5:45pm On Jun 27, 2023
Hello, A friend of mine wants to relocate to Lagos for better job opportunities. He is making efforts to resign from his current job and move to Lagos. One of his friends have agreed to give him accomodations in surulere pending when he gets a job...
He has Bsc in Economics and three years experience in sales in a major FMCG although it is contract...
He is changing job because of he is tired of the contract job and wants to look for direct employment in Lagos...
He is active in LinkedIn and other platforms...
Please what is your advice for him and if you have any possible offers,Please drop.
Thanks...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by Oloki: 5:52pm On Jun 27, 2023
Your friend is coming for a better job he hasn't secure yet. I pity him a little sha. That friend of his will soon turn to his enemy.
The only thing that can make you relocate to Lagos, is if you have your enployment letter with you. Coming to look for a job that's not available is like going on a sucide mission.

251 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by Japa007: 6:00pm On Jun 27, 2023
Story deceiving urself, there's nothing in lagos, Enugu and Onitsha is so much better than that time_wasting_slum.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by Geekop: 6:30pm On Jun 27, 2023
Let him be applying for jobs in Lagos before coming.
You mentioned he is active on LinkedIn, he can apply for jobs in Lagos on LinkedIn and once he gets the job then move to Lagos.
I feel this is better, just my opinion.

73 Likes

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by ecomalchemistt(m): 6:54am On Jun 28, 2023
No need to look for a job in Lagos, 60% of your earnings will go to transportation, feeding and accommodation with the removal of fuel subsidy.

Forget the hype , if na you wan come Lagos true true...enter business.

FMCG business, since he's already in that field.

Look for a busy area with foot traffic and make money.

Leave this job of a thing, it's not sustainable.

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by SmartPolician: 9:42am On Jun 28, 2023
If your comfort zone is no longer comfortable, you have to move. Well, if he has some money (say 100k and above) for personal upkeep, he should take that bold step.

The important thing is that he has a place to stay while job-hunting. But then, there's hardly anyone in southern Nigeria who doesn't have or know someone in Lagos. That's why the state is overcrowded. So, he should tell his family and friends in Lagos that he's moving to Lagos, so that if his host fails him, he will have an alternative.

People come to Lagos and get jobs within a month. Now, considering that he is into sales - a job many people dread to pick up - he's probably getting a job in a matter of weeks. Good luck to him!

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by Xscape1993(m): 3:28pm On Jun 28, 2023
A bird at hand.....

5 Likes

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by Mikedgr8(m): 3:35pm On Jun 28, 2023
Your friend or you sad

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by Maj196(m): 9:29pm On Jun 28, 2023
Liar, na you

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by sslcrypt: 10:36am On Jun 29, 2023
Terrible
Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by chuksanambra: 10:37am On Jun 29, 2023
We know it is you and not your friend. Stop lying.

8 Likes

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by iamoyindamola(m): 10:37am On Jun 29, 2023
No don’t do it
Apply for Lagos job and when you get it you can relocate

8 Likes

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by slawomir: 10:37am On Jun 29, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Make una tell am say nothing dey lagos

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by Helpfromabove1(m): 10:38am On Jun 29, 2023
Abeg which lagos his he talking about this same lagos

Let me no discourage somebody pikin , pls come u are very much welcome

This same lagos of traffic, all kind of stress, high cost of living, high transportation cost ,even rent na killer

Welcome to Paris ,sorry welcome to lagos

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by owiko(m): 10:38am On Jun 29, 2023
D
Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by atobs4real(m): 10:38am On Jun 29, 2023
A bird in hand is better than......
Well, you can risk it.
There are a lot of opportunities in Lagos
Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by Biola67: 10:38am On Jun 29, 2023
Nairalanders and *a friend of mine* na 5&6

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by WEALTHYLADYTIME(f): 10:39am On Jun 29, 2023
ok

1 Like

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by Yemmysworld91: 10:39am On Jun 29, 2023
Stay in asaba jejely. Consistently apply for job in Lagos and move down after getting the job. Even me wey be Lagosian got job in Lagos and is posted to the same delta. And am enjoying my life upcountry than down there. I only go to lagos once in a while. My bit

14 Likes

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by specialmati(m): 10:39am On Jun 29, 2023
cool cool cool cool cool cool let him plan well
Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by propsvilla1: 10:39am On Jun 29, 2023
There are many opportunities in Lagos. But start first by applying for Jobs online before relocating to Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KicKmHAom_k

1 Like

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by ipodstinks: 10:40am On Jun 29, 2023
He had better stayed back, lagos no be wetin you dey see o.

1 Like

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by 12spices(m): 10:40am On Jun 29, 2023
Plan yourself properly before making a move.

Relocation is not easy as you might think....

1 Like

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by LeoThaGreat(m): 10:40am On Jun 29, 2023
Lagos is the land of corporate job opportunities he won't regret it if he comes to Lagos.

BUT, when he arrives, so he won't be a financial burden to his friend, he will need to first grab any reasonable employment that can help him keep body and soul together (most likely Customer Service jobs contract or not) while he search for a better job opportunities. If he chooses to be dependent on his friend, he's bound to be surprised in the wrong way.

He should aim at jobs within Surulere, Yaba, Ikeja, Maryland, etc but no where beyond Ikoyi and Obalende on the Island. He will quickly get stressed out if he accepts jobs in V.I, Lekki and Ajah, but if the pay is worth it, he shouldn't go beyond V.I.

He should understand that Lagos doesn't sleep, so he might have to leave home 5:30am if his job location is far.

While staying with his friend, he should learn budgeting and stick to it.
Let's say he's working at Yaba and living in Surulere, his transportation expense is 800naira, and he buys food of 600, that's 1,500 daily, so he can budget 2k as his daily expense. Alternatively, if he and the friend can corporate, they can be contributing money to cook and take food to work, so he won't spend as much as 600naira to buy food outside.

In his budget, he should try to save let's say about 17k - 20k monthly so he can rent his own apartment. I mean a room in a face me I face you, for about 6k - 8k monthly, with total package of 184 - 220k (with agreement and commission). If he's seeking comfort, he will need to have at least 500k for total package of a room self contained (250k rent per annum

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by Sultty(m): 10:41am On Jun 29, 2023
AsabaDirect:
Hello, A friend of mine wants to relocate to Lagos for better job opportunities. He is making efforts to resign from his current job and move to Lagos. One of his friends have agreed to give him accomodations in surulere pending when he gets a job...
He has Bsc in Economics and three years experience in sales in a major FMCG although it is contract...
He is changing job because of he is tired of the contract job and wants to look for direct employment in Lagos...
He is active in LinkedIn and other platforms...
Please what is your advice for him and if you have any possible offers,Please drop.
Thanks...
he should not resign and put himself into uncertainties in Lagos. What he should do is to get the job first and find out how living at s/l (measure the pros and cons) will make his work easier then he can resign and move to Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by upuphim(m): 10:41am On Jun 29, 2023
Exploring new opportunities is good early in life. I commend him for such move. I suggest that as soon a he lands in Lagos, to attend Pwan Group Real estate business training at Surulere. He may be favoured in the business that he may not need salary job, again. Let him reach me on oazimo@yahoo.com, if my suggestion is of interest.
Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by ROYALFRAGRANCE(f): 10:42am On Jun 29, 2023
OK ooo good luck to him, even if it you, good lock to you too...

Pls if you have 1k to spare, kindly check my signature...🙏⤵️⤵️

1 Like

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by updatechange(m): 10:43am On Jun 29, 2023
embarassed
Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by AroOkigbo(m): 10:43am On Jun 29, 2023
Get a job before coming to Lagos mbok.
A good percentage of people in Lagos have been looking for job for months if not years.

A bird at hand will always be worth more

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by Mko123(m): 10:43am On Jun 29, 2023
If he's skilled, I think he got no prob in getting job in Lag. The only thing needed is his cost estimate, which is your expenditure and miscellaneous which may arise from change in environment and others being subtracted from the income. Stay back if it worth it.

Note~ Always calculate this before getting a job and also try to forecast the target income.

My penny
Re: Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities by Menclothing: 10:44am On Jun 29, 2023
Try Abuja ph delta Uyo ogun Enugu they are land of opportunities too

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apply For The GSK Graduate Commercial Management Future Leaders Programme 2017 / Your Opinions Are Needed On This / One Job Secret Nobody Would Tell You About - Topwritersden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.