Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,189 members, 7,867,453 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:23 PM

Rep's Father Kidnapped In Nnewi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rep's Father Kidnapped In Nnewi (618 Views)

Capital Oil Is Currently Selling Fuel At N100 Per Litre In Nnewi(photo) / Joshua Dariye’s Father Kidnapped By Gunmen / Breaking News: Soludo’s Father Kidnapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rep's Father Kidnapped In Nnewi by Babasessy(m): 10:10am On Oct 04, 2011
Rep's father kidnapped in Nnewi

PA Louis Azubogu, the father of Mr. Chris Azubogu, representing Nnewi North/South and Ekwusigo Federal constituency in the House of Representatives, was in the early hours of Sunday abducted from his Nnewi home in Anambra State. The four abductors reportedly shot their way into the compound, tied the security man on duty, seized the old man, who was said to be preparing for church service, and dragged him to a waiting vehicle outside the compound before they sped off.

No contact had been established by the family with the kidnappers as at the time of filing this report to know the reason for his abduction.

Meanwhile, business activities were yesterday grounded as residents, traders and others protest the return of kidnappers and violent crimes in the area.

Contacted, the State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Emeka Chukwuemeka, confirmed the incident, adding that the command is on the trail of the hoodlums.

The police image-maker revealed that security agents have started combing all the bushes and uncompleted buildings within Nnewi and it environs to ensure effective rescue operation of Pa Azubogu.

He added that the command has mobilised more human and material resources to make sure that no stone is left unturned in the task to rescue the man.

Palpable fear has reportedly gripped the residents after the incident, resulting in the relatives of most prominent personalities relocating from Nnewi.

http://www.nigeriancompass.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5821:reps-father-kidnapped-in-nnewi-&catid=54:nigeria-today&Itemid=594
Re: Rep's Father Kidnapped In Nnewi by ifyalways(f): 10:59am On Oct 04, 2011
Ebelebe Igba.

@House of rep. member and kidnappers;you sow the winds,reap the whirlwinds.

@Old man that got caught in the madness,when dinning with the devil use a verrrry long spoon.
Re: Rep's Father Kidnapped In Nnewi by T8ksy(m): 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2011
Palpable fear has reportedly gripped the  residents after the incident, resulting in the relatives of most prominent personalities relocating from Nnewi.

I wonder where they are all relocating to. I hope they ain't coming to my region o.my region is already saturated with them, anyway.

Wow! This can't be happening in ojukwu's own backyard.  shocked

Its just a matter of time before some desperado decides to kidnapp the ikemba himself though i don't think bianca will pay a penny for his release. grin

(1) (Reply)

10 Die In Imo Flood Disaster / Lasu Students Protest Higher School Fees / Senior Citizens Get N5,000 Each In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.