Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,756 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay (1097 Views)

Tinubu’s Assault On Subsidy Is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious — Obahiagbon / Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano / I Gave 4 Important Ministries To Area I Didn’t Record Much Votes—buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by bennybuhari: 11:12am On Jun 29, 2023
Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), a former Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) has hailed President Bola Tinubu on his efforts so far since taking over the mantle of leadership from former president Muhammadu Buhari on May 29.

Today marks exactly one month that Tinubu was sworn in as President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria at Eagles Square in Abuja.

In his inaugural speech, Tinubu announced the removal of fuel subsidy by saying “Subsidy is gone”! According to him, there was no provision for subsidy in the national budget from June 2023.

Shortly after the president’s address, filling stations adjusted their prices and there was scarcity of fuel across the country. The price per litre also changed from N187 to N500.

Speaking with worldviewafrica, Sagay said he believed that subsidy should only be removed when Nigeria is refining and producing fuel locally.

“He (Tinubu) has done very well in terms of trying to make our economy more modern and aggressive one. I think the only area that is not consistent with my own belief was that subsidy was removed before producing petrol locally. I think that is the only area that is not consistent with my advocacy”.

“I have always felt that subsidy should be removed as locally refined petrol is available. Even if the price is not going to be the same but at least, the price of removing the subsidy will not be severe on the population. That is the only area I disagree with the government”.

“However, he has done well in other areas. He has brought dynamism into our economy. On the issue of appointments, I believe Tinubu is a man who is known for putting the right man in the right place”.
https://worldviewafrica.com/the-only-area-i-disagree-with-tinubus-government-on-subsidy-removal-prof-sagay/

2 Likes

Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by Olaoluwa112(m): 11:17am On Jun 29, 2023
Lol
Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by Validated: 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2023
Tinubu has lost steam. He is bereft of ideas other than to appoint rogues now as ministers, nothing else to offer..
The initial gra-gra has become docile, without productive impact

2 Likes

Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by CodeTemplar: 12:45pm On Jun 29, 2023
Speaking with worldviewafrica, Sagay said he believed that subsidy should only be removed when Nigeria is refining and producing fuel locally.
the crux of the matter. We do not refine nothing, except may be coconut oil.
Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by hisexcellency34: 12:59pm On Jun 29, 2023
What about Dangote Refinery
CodeTemplar:
the crux of the matter. We do not refine nothing, except may be coconut oil.
Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by mrvitalis(m): 1:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
Validated:
Tinubu has lost steam. He is bereft of ideas other than to appoint rogues now as ministers, nothing else to offer..
This is the results of copying ideas you don't understand
Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by Firstorderwizard(m): 1:09pm On Jun 29, 2023
Someone spent millions of dollars to steal a mandate in a fantastically corrupt country and some mofos are expecting him to do wonders without recovering his money.
Sorry to announce to you, the subsidy recovery money is not for Nigerians.
If you a Nigerian in Nigeria, tighten your belt and double your hustle. Buhari's era is just child's play to what is coming
Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by Praxis758: 1:19pm On Jun 29, 2023
Nigeria experienced the highest dimensions of corruption under Buhari while he made this prof Sagay the chairman of presidential anti-corruption committee.
Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by optionalY09: 1:28pm On Jun 29, 2023
As if anybody cares
Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by limeta(f): 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2023
Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), a former Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC)

Imagin the past 8 years
How do you wrap your head around this
Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by Soulsymbol99: 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2023
Those enjoying subsidy will never allow local production

3 Likes

Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by Savedday2: 3:46pm On Jun 29, 2023
Our politicians are the most useless and vision less

May God save our darling country!
Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by CodeTemplar: 5:21pm On Jun 29, 2023
hisexcellency34:
What about Dangote Refinery
How many litres or barrel is the refinery processing?

1 Like

Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by GeneralPula: 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2023
mrvitalis:

This is the results of copying ideas you don't understand
Copying ideas?

Nah who copy who?

1 Like

Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by GeneralPula: 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2023
Validated:
Well, we’ll see to that in the next 2years..
Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by hisexcellency34: 6:36pm On Jun 29, 2023
Ask Dangote
CodeTemplar:
How many litres or barrel is the refinery processing?
Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by Cityboi22: 6:37pm On Jun 29, 2023
Nice
Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by marlow1962(m): 7:51pm On Jun 29, 2023
Sagay never collect him share, once him collect him share, watch am praise tinubu pass God or anything where him they serve.
Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by LegendHero(m): 7:59pm On Jun 29, 2023
Firstorderwizard:
Someone spent millions of dollars to steal a mandate in a fantastically corrupt country and some mofos are expecting him to do wonders without recovering his money.
Sorry to announce to you, the subsidy recovery money is not for Nigerians.
If you a Nigerian in Nigeria, tighten your belt and double your hustle. Buhari's era is just child's play to what is coming

Lol 😂.

If Tinubu is trying to steal money, the most easiest way is to let subsidy continue and he arrange his boys to be the one benefiting from it. It’s a lowkey means of making money that cannot be probed.

Money generated from subsidy removal can be easily tracked. Don’t be dumb like Peter Obi the 3rd class man. Government will roll out policies to mitigate the shock in the coming days.

He even mentioned it in Ogun state today.

Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2023
You want me to believe a drug baron that kicked against subsidy on grounds that our refineries are not working only to reintroduce it when the same refinery is not producing a single drop of fuel?

Jonathan introduced SURE-P before removing subsidy with a standing order to give daily update on how the subsidy money is used and reinvested.
How many litres have Nigeria consumed so far?
How much subsidy money have been realized?
What have the money been used for so far ?

LegendHero:

Lol 😂.

If Tinubu is trying to steal money, the most easiest way is to let subsidy continue and he arrange his boys to be the one benefiting from it. It’s a lowkey means of making money that cannot be probed.

Money generated from subsidy removal can be easily tracked. Don’t be dumb like Peter Obi the 3rd class man. Government will roll out policies to mitigate the shock in the coming days.

He even mentioned it in Ogun state today.

Re: The Only Area I Disagree With Tinubu’s Government On Subsidy Removal – Sagay by CodeTemplar: 10:21am On Jun 30, 2023
hisexcellency34:
Ask Dangote
you well so?

(1) (Reply)

Ogun State’s IGR Is Higher Than The IGR Of All SE States / Igwe Orizu Built ICT Center In Nnewi (photos) / How The CBN Created Lots Of Overnight Millionaires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.