Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

How Did You Choose Your First Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Did You Choose Your First Car? (13278 Views)

Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner / When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? / Best Car To Buy As A First Car: Car Buying Tips For First Time Buyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Choose Your First Car? by NotCool: 11:26am On Jun 29, 2023
Fellow nairalanders, this question got me thinking for a while now and I thought I should share it with you guys.
How do people make choice when they want to buy their first car?
Because sometimes I see people driving cars I don't think anybody can order with their hard earned money or maybe they were gifted.
The structure, the mod, the status, everything looks bad with these cars yet people purchase.
Hence my curiosity to find out about people's choice when buying cars.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by jceesquare(m): 6:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
1st car was a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder with all the bell and wishle (leather seat, DVD player and the like) wanted to go for an Infinity QX but chose the Pathy cos I got a good deal.
Chose it because I was into realestate then and my job takes me to remote places with bad road.

35 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by NotCool: 7:46pm On Jun 30, 2023
A fair deal plus it suited the road you used daily, great choice I'd say.
In this case, did you consider your comfort bro?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by jceesquare(m): 11:26pm On Jun 30, 2023
NotCool:
A fair deal plus it suited the road you used daily, great choice I'd say.
In this case, did you consider your comfort bro?
It drove like an SUV (body on frame) so nothing special to expect from it.
But it had leather seats, and cool AC so I'd say comfort wasn't bad.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by NotCool: 1:04pm On Jul 01, 2023
Thank you for sharing your experience bro, more luxury cars to your home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by nymphomaniac(m): 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2023
I liked the shape, the price was friendly and I needed to become mobile as bikes were freshly banned in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by kernniejay(m): 9:19pm On Jul 02, 2023
Back in 2013/2014, I used to stay at the bus stop for hours especially on monday morning looking for commercial bus to board to work and it was always worrisome for me, so I started scouting the internet for any simple and easy to maintain car. Found a Honda Accord, Nigerian used for sale with a very very low price. Went there, inspected, test drove and saw many issues which made the price so low. Well, I made a bargain and seller agreed. Bought the car, and later started repair works and replacement of bad parts on it gradually till it was okay enough.

36 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by NotCool: 10:48pm On Jul 02, 2023
Ok nice, sounds like you're happy with your choice. How is it going with the car, any regrets so far?
Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by NotCool: 10:54pm On Jul 02, 2023
Omo Nigerian used car? Hope it didn't consume a lot of yoir money trying to fix the car up to standard and how long did the car served you?
Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by Jagermeister(m): 1:51pm On Jul 08, 2023
I didn't choose my first car, it chose me!

As a first, most people bought the available at the time and not the desirable which directly implies that they bought the cheapest car available.

Toks Opel omega 2001 model, the only time I drove it was when I was in the drivers seat while it was towed from point of purchase to the mechos! After many months of trial and error, na the mechanic gan gan help me call Opel dealer wey come buy am as ngbuka for 60k back in 2011. I bought it for 100k.

I was only 21 after NYSC, I never get sense.

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by Yankiss(m): 2:18pm On Jul 08, 2023
My first car was BMW 325i/Caserio series. It was, for me, the powerful body make, unmatched speed and fuel economy. Very dependable and easy to maintain. grin

20 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by inoki247: 2:18pm On Jul 08, 2023
Lol the same way you choose your first Phone....

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by KingLennon(m): 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2023
My first car was a chevrolet camaro. I ordered it and it was delivered in 2 months...

The option to believe me na u get am sha wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by christejames(m): 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2023
My Mama gave it to me cool

The latest version of Leggediz Benz grin grin grin

24 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by Akwamkpuruamu: 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2023
I never choose, make una tell me criteria. Na Sienna I de use before. I no see am as I Don buy car. I got it in emergency, cos I found it cheap.
Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by fredoooooo: 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2023
I Went to the car garage with my dad and mechanic .. Benz 190 then... grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by GeneralPula: 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2023
Lexus E300..

Nah smart car..

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by babaRUNtinz(m): 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2023
I no get choice nii.

As my guy talk say make I con carry am dey pay small small.

Nissan Primera

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by AndrewTate(m): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2023
Mostly it's your money that chooses for you...
You don't get to choose sh*t
Except you're a money bag of course

21 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by ideatoprince18(m): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2023
May How I chose my first car favor me and my family

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by sonnie10: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2023
In 1977 Citroen from France was quite unique, but an Opel Record from Germany was every young man’s dream car. I wanted the first because of the prestige and uncommon features.
Some had advised that I should get a Toyota Crown then but I was not trilled by Japanese cars then.
A Lada Nova SUV from Russia was more reliable even when compared to a 404 Peugeot from France.
Igala from Volkswagen was beginning to gain popularity and so was Moris Minor. Those were for civil servants which I was not.
Then. life was easy and a decent car was all you needed.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by Reelmii: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2023
cheesy..
Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by BabaCommander: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2023
undecided
Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by iLoveYouToo(m): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2023
The car chose me (my budget)

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2023
My wife. I didn't even argue with her, she said let's get corolla sport. I told her I don't like it but since she likes it, I will buy it and drive it for a while before leaving it for her. And I later bought something I want and left her the corolla cheesy cheesy

13 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by fineboynl(m): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2023
Budget

1 Like

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by YoungLionken(m): 2:22pm On Jul 08, 2023
We choose according to the weight of our budgets and condition of the car (thanks to an experienced mechanic) cool..

In addition: for those without a car, there's still time (July-December), double your hustle and starve yourself every distraction. There will always be time for fun, be wise...

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by Afonjacrusder(f): 2:22pm On Jul 08, 2023
Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by NutritionGuru: 2:22pm On Jul 08, 2023
kiss Memories. I enjoyed that Toyota Car no be small. In my clean suit I rolled on the Floor in front of Alter to give Glory to our CREATOR as I gave the Testimony of the Big Camry. I became inspiration to many Youths that Loving our CREATOR more than material things truly pays. After Church when they saw the Car with the 5 fingers sparkling alloys, my fellow Yoruba Youths in our Church then were so shocked that they asked me if I've gone into YahooYahoo. I then Enlightened them not to wait till after University before Starting a Business. I'm glad that the wise ones soon started Businesses too, the following Year other Youths in the Church also launched their Cars. I'm greatful that our CREATOR used me to Break the "Curse" of wasting Youthful Years. Soon, 3 among us in Evangelism Group Built our own Houses and moved in before we even thought of Marriage. Living a financially well-fulfilled Life before 30 Years is very Possible!

The Europeans really did evil to my People by Brainwashing them to spend Years to pursue Paper Degree after which no Employment. My fellow Yoruba Youths, Sell Cloths, Sell Plumping Materials, Sell Building Materials, Sell Foods even if it Pepper and Tomato, rear Goats/Cows and sell their Meats, etc. Stop allowing those that Mentally tied You down by saying "You can't do these things for Humanity" to take Advantage of You. Selling things that Humanity needs daily: this is the infallible KEY to build Endless Wealth. You will become Millionaire sooner than you ever imagined.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by Heroicvic(m): 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
This thread is a blasphemy

to us that don't own a car

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by twilliamx(m): 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
The first car I bought with my own money is a Mercedes Benz c class, 2002, I initially deposited for a Nigerian used Mitsubishi montero but the day I wanted to pick up the car, I saw them working on it, I left and came back the next day and they were still on it, meanwhile I had seen the c class but was not captivated by it cos I wanted an SUV so I had to reluctantly settle for the benz even though it was tokunbo. It was on my drive home that I realized my forced decision was the right decision, I had never driven anything as sweet as that.
I still have the car

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 / Conversion Of Petrol Vehicles To CNG To Cost Between N300,000 To N600,000 – FG / Top 6 Reasons Your Check Engine Light May Be On And Also Blinking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.