Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

How Did You Choose Your First Car? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Did You Choose Your First Car? (13291 Views)

Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner / When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? / Best Car To Buy As A First Car: Car Buying Tips For First Time Buyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by LegendHero(m): 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
I chose it because I love the luxury brand.

The best or nothing!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
Na one fool who no sabi anything I do mistake carry go for inspection.

Instead of starting with a v4 engine,I started with a v6 engine.

I have spent over 4.5m so far since January I bought the car for maintenance.

I can’t fall into this again when I want to buy another car or upgrade the existing Muscle camry .

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by AfroKnight: 2:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
Budget, maintenance costs, available parts, fuel consumption.

First car should not send someone back to village. So don’t go for something you can’t maintain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by ravensckar(m): 2:24pm On Jul 08, 2023
Make I dey observe.
Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2023
I got it as a gift from my father.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by bigseank(m): 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2023
Toyota Corolla 96. Firstlady. Got it because i needed a budget friendly car. It was between toyota and honda back in 2005. God I loved that car. Awesome handling, good clearance, very fuel efficient. It never had any mechanical fault only electrical at times. I toured the whole south west with that motor. I still miss that motor at times. Gave it to my uncle when I wanted to travel, came back and found out he has sold it. 4 other cars after then, but nothing like your first love.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by aklid(m): 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2023
Luxury in appearance
Having great Horsepower
Low carbon emission or zero carbon emission
Good efficiency
Durable
Familiar with all type of roads

That’s how I’ll chose my car, soon when I graduate and start a business that’s successful 😮‍💨😮‍💨

1 Like

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by Soulsymbol99: 2:27pm On Jul 08, 2023
When I went to like three parks where they sell cars in cotonue I got confused undecided the car I got was different from wot i had in mind b4 going shaa. grin
Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by DANIEL5050(m): 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2023
NotCool:
Fellow nairalanders, this question got me thinking for a while now and I thought I should share it with you guys.
How do people make choice when they want to buy their first car?
Because sometimes I see people driving cars I don't think anybody can order with their hard earned money or maybe they were gifted.
The structure, the mod, the status, everything looks bad with these cars yet people purchase.
Hence my curiosity to find out about people's choice when buying cars.

I personally think that, a person's decision to purchase a particular automobile is often the resultant of an array of factors, ranging from the buyer's self image and the actual performance of the vehicle

1 Like

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by ComputerOperato: 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2023
I didn't choose it. It chose me.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by DANIEL5050(m): 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2023
A person's decision to purchase a particular automobile is often the resultant of an array of factors, ranging from the buyer's self image and the actual performance of the vehicle

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by AK481(m): 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2023
I stand for road , the most car wey pass .

1 Like

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 2:39pm On Jul 08, 2023
I was determined to get a Toyota car (four plug engine) because of
1) Second hand value
2) Easy access to the car parts
3) durability
4) fuel efficiency

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by ikdaddy01(m): 2:39pm On Jul 08, 2023
I inherited it from family
Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by Coldie(m): 2:41pm On Jul 08, 2023
It was the finest car I saw within my budget.
Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by Idaytesj29(m): 2:45pm On Jul 08, 2023
Jagermeister:
I didn't choose my first car, it chose me!

As a first, most people bought the available at the time and not the desirable which directly implies that they bought the cheapest car available.

Same here. All my cars chose me

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by MrHighSea: 2:46pm On Jul 08, 2023
according to the most fuel economical
Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by miketayo(m): 2:46pm On Jul 08, 2023
saw it loved it got it. celica 2002 GT
Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by ednut1(m): 2:49pm On Jul 08, 2023
I was working were we close late. Sometimes 12 am midnight self. So had to buy a car that was durable. Went to 2005 toyota big daddy back in early 2016. Saved for a year to be able to raise the money. Cost me 1.55m then. Nothing concern me with looks, design or the likes. The car served me well with few mechanic visits. Dashed a relative when i was leaving nigeria. The car still dey work 😅

16 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by bigcee(m): 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2023
kernniejay:
Back in 2013/2014, I used to stay at the bus stop for hours especially on monday morning looking for commercial bus to board to work and it was always worrisome for me, so I started scouting the internet for any simple and easy to maintain car. Found a Honda Accord, Nigerian used for sale with a very very low price. Went there, inspected, test drove and saw many issues which made the price so low. Well, I made a bargain and seller agreed. Bought the car, and later started repair works and replacement of bad parts on it gradually till it was okay enough.
You get mind o

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by brain54(m): 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2023
First car I ever bought…

A Nissan Premeria. As a business oriented person I got it for transportation business purposes.

After consulting around with people I settled for it because it was easy to maintain and had very good fuel economy.

I remember it was a grey wagon so I could use it in transporting goods for my other business.

I only drove and used it for my personal purposes on weekends (Sundays precisely ) as it remained with the driver who plied Jos- Abuja route during the week. And came to park it Saturday evenings.

I was 20 years old at the time. Since then I have used many other cars.

Time really flies!

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by Purvan(m): 2:53pm On Jul 08, 2023
My dad gave me the keys to his Ford focus when he was excited I made into his alma mater

1 Like

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by bigcee(m): 2:53pm On Jul 08, 2023
Jagermeister:
I didn't choose my first car, it chose me!

As a first, most people bought the available at the time and not the desirable which directly implies that they bought the cheapest car available.

Toks Opel omega 2001 model, the only time I drove it was when I was in the drivers seat while it was towed from point of purchase to the mechos! After many months of trial and error, na the mechanic gan gan help me call Opel dealer wey come buy am as ngbuka for 60k back in 2011. I bought it for 100k.

I was only 21 after NYSC, I never get sense.
No be your fault. You sef wan join car owner 😂😂😂

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by Quicksilver5: 2:55pm On Jul 08, 2023
Let us buy bicycle first
Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by Princeton92(m): 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2023
I sold it cause I need upgrade to start up bolt and then I stupidly lost the cash to a friend that used my money for his wedding. And funny enough that car was way better and stronger than the recent cars everywhere now just that it was outdated
God judge Ndianabasi Sunday! 😡🤬

1 Like

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by Menclothing: 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2023
Toyota cars are easy to manage for starter

We sell luxury men cloth At low price

1 Like

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by overdrive(m): 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2023
twilliamx:
The first car I bought with my own money is a Mercedes Benz c class, 2002, I initially deposited for a Nigerian used Mitsubishi montero but the day I wanted to pick up the car, I saw them working on it, I left and came back the next day and they were still on it, meanwhile I had seen the c class but was not captivated by it cos I wanted an SUV so I had to reluctantly settle for the benz even though it was tokunbo. It was on my drive home that I realized my forced decision was the right decision, I had never driven anything as sweet as that.
I still have the car

Thank ur stars that montero would have scrapped your savings.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by DanielsParker(m): 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2023
Lol na the car choose me o. I had money but didn’t know the one to get.

Anyway long story short, in 2021, I had money and was in a haste. I wanted to buy spider (v4 2.4L) but it wasn’t available at the time I wanted to buy. I wasn’t patient enough. I later bought this fuel-hungry v6 3.0L lexus es300 hastily.

Anyway car looks fine, sleek and luxurious with the Formica and leather interior. I don’t work 9-5 , mostly indoors.. so I guess I haven’t had issue with fuel economy. I only drive when I have to.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by unmask: 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2023
NotCool:
Fellow nairalanders, this question got me thinking for a while now and I thought I should share it with you guys.
How do people make choice when they want to buy their first car?
Because sometimes I see people driving cars I don't think anybody can order with their hard earned money or maybe they were gifted.
The structure, the mod, the status, everything looks bad with these cars yet people purchase.
Hence my curiosity to find out about people's choice when buying cars.
Depends. Made mine purely on the car I wanted. Didn't buy anything else till I could afford it. My rationale: Since nothing could change my mind about the car, no matter what car I bought at the time, I would still buy the car I want. Why not wait till you had enough money?

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your First Car? by Itisallright: 3:11pm On Jul 08, 2023
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Petrol Scarcity Again? It's Time For Nigerians To Go Electric / Reasons Why Steering Wheel Always Hard To Turn / Toyota To Share Its Patented Hybrid Car Tech With Other Automakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.