Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,938 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

"Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger (31969 Views)

Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book / The Day Atiku Blasted Obasanjo To His Face / Reuben Abati’s Tweet Over Dana Air Crash Stirs Anger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by mbulela: 6:38pm On Oct 05, 2011
they just stumbled on the letter.
i guess it was lying on the floor and they just found it.
SMH
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by mikron(m): 6:48pm On Oct 05, 2011
southerners shld be given key positions to lead like what obj is proposing. i support him on this. southerners it is our time. who no like am go hud high tension. no offence
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by lagcity(m): 7:03pm On Oct 05, 2011
OBJ no get time for all this grammar and letter writing. The man can walk into Aso Rock anytime he wants.
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by infohenry(m): 7:56pm On Oct 05, 2011
lagcity:

OBJ no get time for all this grammar and letter writing. The man can walk into Aso Rock anytime he wants.
True talk
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by kunmibola(m): 7:56pm On Oct 05, 2011
This aint funny at all and this piece of information could cause serious hulla baloo in the country. The northerners would never concur to an arrangement aimed at 'dis-empowering' their own people while Obasanjo and his own people are still nursing the wound they suffered from Tambuwal's emergence as speaker,
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by emmatok(m): 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2011
Obasanjo denies ‘secret letter’

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Tuesday denied writing a secret letter to President Goodluck Jonathan for the removal of some political office holders in five federal Government agencies.

Obasanjo, who spoke to journalist at the Presidential Wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos, said he would sue the newspaper, (not THE PUNCH) which published the story.

He said, “Is The Nation Newspaper and those who manage it, are they well? grin grin grin ;DAre they sane because that must be tissue of lies? I’ve not written to the President since his inauguration. I think probably I wrote to him last year on honours and awards for some Nigerians. So, if any paper has written that, it’s a figment of their imagination and I will refer them to my lawyers.”

On the rising insecurity in the country, the former president said it was the duty of every Nigerian to ensure that the country became safe.

“Well, I don’t think anybody needs to be an oracle to make any pronouncement on security situation. It must be the concern of all of us. It is my own concern as a Nigerian because without security in the country, then, there is no much we can do. So, there is a need for peace and security for development progress in the
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201110053132214
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by hbrednic: 9:01pm On Oct 05, 2011
another false news
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by jedisco(m): 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2011
I think this is an attempt at blackmail from the head of those agencies. It may be that GEJ already wants to remove them and they are making this up just to put pressure on him by blackmailing him
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:37pm On Oct 05, 2011
I dont believe this story the mention of baba's name at the gate of Aso rock is a free access to the presidential villa or is baba too poor to call Jonathan on phone and discuss this issue with him
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by Ideyontop: 9:42pm On Oct 05, 2011
Before you kill Obasanjo,abeg make una scrutinize   that  "letter" he supposedly wrote. I suspect someone is trying to stir up dust from somewhere against Obasanjo.Nigerians make una shine una eye well well.
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by Myself2(m): 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2011
The Nation Newspaper is not a very credible newspaper IMO,I seriously doubt the veracity of this story
OBJ has free and easy access to Jonathan,why write,when he could either call on phone or in person??
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by jehrey01(m): 10:19pm On Oct 05, 2011
what is this bad belle about a former president,and most importantly a Nigerian, writing a letter to the president of his country?! Is it a crime? And then he needed to discuss a formal issue with him, how many of you would call ur boss and discuss formal issues with him on the phone? Let us grow up and avoid these sentiments to affect us!!!
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by kingado: 10:46pm On Oct 05, 2011
Some times I wonda if pple like obasanjo and others creating troble and causing hatered within nigerian ar not the devil
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by igboboy1(m): 10:52pm On Oct 05, 2011
An OLODOWA writing letter ? shocked shocked
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by ghostofsparta(m): 3:57am On Oct 06, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

OBJ is such a disgrace.Enemy of progress.

Why does he really want this position to go to the SW?

What exactly did he do for the SW when he was the leader of Nigeria?

babaniyen1:

u didnt empower your people wen u were dere thinking u were smart

You guys are on point, some SWners would argue that the reason why OBJ was so spiteful of his people was probably

because only very few SWners voted for him cos no SW really wanted him there, most understood

that he was selected as usual by the northern oligarchs afterall we all are aware our votes doesn't really count in this cesspool

called a country, he was injected there to serve some particular purposes, mostly Northern

agendas and to shut up those Yorubas who keep saying "ko si eniyan wa nibe" and after tenure upon

tenure of destabilization except for the 'GSM license deal' the Igboman would later retort to a

Yoruba man "no be una Yoruba person dey there? abeg make we hear word"
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by 1luvkipsus: 7:06am On Oct 06, 2011
@Babaniyan1. u re a tribal bigot!obj is not like ur useles Awo who sold Nig 2his folks.@topic.Obj nid not writ GEJ.
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by chidexy(m): 8:09am On Oct 06, 2011
The only person the northern political establishment fears in the south is OBJ - in the absence of Ojukwu. So whatever is attributed to OBJ sends jitters down their spines.

There should be equitable redistribution of executive positions at the various agencies, using qualification and competence as the yardstick for such appointments
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by Taich(m): 9:00am On Oct 06, 2011
After el classico,Marcelo and Fabregas were seen hanging out. THEY WILL ALWAYS BE STAGE ACTING. I SORRY SORRY OH,I SORRY 4 NIGERIA
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by obailala(m): 9:05am On Oct 06, 2011
Since the creation of PTDF in the year 2000 as an independent parastatal by OBJ, all the executive secretaries (about 5 or 7, I'm not too sure) have been northerners. An agency that recieves billions of oil money (similar to the NDDC); sometimes i wonder if the southerners are really blind to see all this northern domination. lipsrsealed
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by bisiaet: 9:15am On Oct 06, 2011
I know a man of Obj I know would not do such and for the fact that this newspaper company belong to another Nigeria demon a person of Tinubu, what do we expect? And why wasting our time about the nonsense they wrote I guess they want to create confusion to divert attention from Tinubu or trying to do smear campaign.

And by the way if even at all Obj did send the letter and made the recommedation so what is the big deal? And does that make heaven to fall? If Obj truely said it yes so be it and whoever felt disgruntle about it can jump hell.
If the so called Emirs or whatever see nothing in Boko animals then removing them from any key position as well mean nothing. When it comes to OI[/b]L the Hausa will want to die but when it comes to security lapse and religious violence they will be smilling and be relaxing.

I repeat it again and again if Obj said they should remove them from PTDF or Tambuwa must go so be it because the question is [b]What is the usefulness of the Northern people to Nigeria?
I dont see their usefulness they are just as meaningless as anything to Nigeria. Is it sport they do for us, is it entertainment they do for us, is it education and enlightment they do for Nigeria? e.t.c The answer is NO in capital. How I wish they can just pull out of Nigeria quietly it would be a big celebration they are just bunch of headache and heartache.
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by soma042(m): 9:37am On Oct 06, 2011
emirs, who the Bleep is emirs, that they can decide what goes on in my country. they should sack the god dem shityz , they cant even put an end t  their mad kids boko haram, they have inflicted  pains on the inoccent citizen, rather they offer those rat support . And now they want to rip the fruit of what they never sowed.      my question to all of them is what have they done for these country? and what do u think the arab will offer to these great conntry? compar ghana, south africa,  with nigeria,somalia and libya. and tell me what you think
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by eazydon(m): 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2011
Baba is too big for this sort of thing. It aint true
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by mellow(m): 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2011
The last is yet to be heard about this.
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by mellow(m): 12:15pm On Oct 06, 2011
Nigeria is heading toward break up by the year 2015.
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by KIDIKENYI: 2:44pm On Oct 06, 2011
Goodluck basket is seriously leaking but surely Obasanjo cannot mend it.
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by peleson: 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2011
@Velo, was ur buhari not kicked out from d presidency lyk a tout by ibb?, was he not kicked out frm ANPP LIKE A NOBODY?
WHAT THEN HAS HE DONE OTHER THAN CRYING AND SHADING FRUSTRATED TEARS, HE HAS BIN RETIRED FROM POLITICS BY GEJ, MIND U!! AS FOR THIS LETTER,ISIT NOT TRU?DS GUYS CONTRIBUTE LITTLE AND WANT SO MUCH,
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by oladayo042: 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2011
For all those who say The Nation is lying, below is a copy of the letter copied from Sahara Reporters (originally from PM News).

Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by tohirah(f): 3:20pm On Oct 07, 2011
Isn't this suppose to be a secret letter grin and why should anyone think or belive OBJ will write letter to communicate with GEJ.
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by Hambolaj01(m): 4:06pm On Oct 07, 2011
It is their own problem
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by Oduleke: 7:38am On Oct 12, 2011
What is the usefulness of the Northern people to Nigeria? I dont see their usefulness they are just as meaningless as anything to Nigeria. Is it sport they do for us, is it entertainment they do for us, is it education and enlightment they do for Nigeria?
Wat has been d achievement on sport(nt qualified 4 ACN),2-face(benue),terry-g(benue),tony tetuila(oro in kwara state)mind u eedris abd.kareem dwelt in d north.jst 2 mention buh a few.ehn! Ehn less i 4gt,do u av a vegetable farm@ur backyard,dat jst a subsistence farming, so,can u feed ur state, always put sentiment apart, wat did obj do 4 our region?he couldn't even win 4 pdp in his area, '1 NIGERIA', TO B CONTINUED
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by airkorie: 10:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
dustydee:
am sure you won't repeat that if you knew your Grandfather was a northerner. By the way did you choose to be born a southerner that you claim?
dont mind the ignoramus.
Re: "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger by Nonybb: 10:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
OBJ the ONLY crook that calls crook crooks. The only butterfly that thinkest itself as bird

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prof. Osinbajo Campaigns In Ondo In Style - Photos / VP Yemi Osinbajo Visits Google Headquarters In The US, Received By Google CEO / Livy Uzoukwu: What Is INEC Hiding? Obi's Lead Counsel Asks (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.