Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Do You Still Pay Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Still Pay Tithe? (835 Views)

Enenche: Rice In My House Kept Increasing After My Wife Paid Tithe From It / Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2023
Someone told you a man in the sky said you should give 10% of your monthly income and he is the one to collect it for the sky man. How does this make sense to you? Is it a levy, tax or what?

They tell you is for the poor. Yet you don't see them giving it to the poor. Do you know how much the pastor makes in the name of offering, seed sowing or 10% from every salary/business earner in the church?

3 Likes

Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Righthussle: 1:48pm On Jun 29, 2023
No
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 2:06pm On Jun 29, 2023
This is just a way fraudsters have used since way back to milk the gullible.

Some certain folks among primitive Israeli tribe started it. They deceived their tribes men by saying a man in the sky instructed them to bring rams, pigeon, grain... It is a sacrifice and offering for the sky man. The priest/Levi are to sacrifice as burnt offering then eat the rest. How can't you figure out that it was just a ploy by some hungry fraudsters to get free food for themselves?

The elite from the west also saw the trick. They adopted it, revised it, perfected it. In fact wrote a book called it Bible ... Add more juice to make it more appealing to fall for it aka Heaven. Then scare the gullible with lake of fire from the sky man if you don't obey it. Use it to milk their people till it doesn't work anymore.

Then they saw Africa, divide Africa among themselves, use the same trick and Idea of sky daddy to milk your ancestors, carry slaves, resources to build their land... Till they had enough.

Now your same people (aka pastors, evangelist, apostle, man of god, daddy GO) after they saw how gullible you can be. They are employing the same trick. Tell you the sky daddy needs money and you decide to fall for it too.

Common this is 2023. Have some sense abeg!

3 Likes

Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Burruchaga71(m): 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2023
NEVER
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by IntelligentGoat: 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2023
sad
Na person wey dey work dey pay tithe
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Image123(m): 5:02pm On Jun 29, 2023
Childfree:
Someone told you a man in the sky said you should give 10% of your monthly income and he is the one to collect it for the sky man. How does this make sense to you? Is it a levy, tax or what?

They tell you is for the poor. Yet you don't see them giving it to the poor. Do you know how much the pastor makes in the name of offering, seed sowing or 10% from every salary/business earner in the church?

Who told you tithe is for the poor? You were grossly misinformed.
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 5:07pm On Jun 29, 2023
Image123:

Who told you tithe is for the poor? You were grossly misinformed.

Okay.
What is tithe for?
As a levy, tax, dues, lobbying to get prayers answered...? What

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Image123(m): 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2023
Childfree:

Okay.
What is tithe for?

Normally, tithes and offerings help to run the church smoothly. It helps the church to run with minimal distractions like was seen in the OT.
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:18pm On Jun 29, 2023
Childfree:

Okay.
What is tithe for?
If that's what is obtainable in your place of worship it's either you quit going there or do as they say!
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 9:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

If that's what is obtainable in your place of worship it's either you quit going there or do as they say!

Do you pay tithe is the question oga
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:30am On Jun 30, 2023
Childfree:

Do you pay tithe is the question oga

Obviously you don't know what you're asking simply because Satan's agents claiming they're Christians have confused many with man-made doctrines.
I pay my tithes monthly directly to my Lord Jesus and if you know what that means it's not monetary but time spent in preaching zealously and industriously teaching in my neighborhood.
The old covenant demands 10% of the gain that adherents of Mosaic laws make but in the new covenant Jesus didn't ask for money rather it's the time we SPENT in doing the work he assigned to us.
That's why you will always find my brothers and sisters in the field paying their tithes with service to Lord Jesus.
We are Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by paxonel(m): 6:41am On Jun 30, 2023
Image123:

Normally, tithes and offerings help to run the church smoothly. It helps the church to run with minimal distractions like was seen in the OT.
how about the NT. church, how does tithe relate?
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Image123(m): 7:37am On Jun 30, 2023
paxonel:

Tithes and offerings help to run the church smoothly. It helps the church to run with minimal distractions. Clearer?
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by MightySparrow: 8:02am On Jun 30, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I do as I am convinced, I stay!
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by MightySparrow: 8:03am On Jun 30, 2023
paxonel:

If you are not convinced, don't pay.
No fight nah.
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:18am On Jun 30, 2023
MightySparrow:

I do as I am convinced, I stay!

If that's what the God you worship demands it is your duty to pay! smiley
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by VenumX: 11:13am On Jun 30, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I am depressed and madness is gradually affecting my brain! embarassed

Aemmyjah:

Me too. embarassed
100%

Keep quoting and exposing yourselves. F**ls grin
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by vdestro: 1:13pm On Jun 30, 2023
Childfree:

When people find gold they only tell their close famly and friends. And if anyone they tell does not understand, it is their loss.

As always and as is normal, all those who are in charge of anything are already liable to give account of their administration
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 1:50pm On Jun 30, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Obviously you don't know what you're asking simply because Satan's agents claiming they're Christians have confused many with man-made doctrines.
I pay my tithes monthly directly to my Lord Jesus and if you know what that means it's not monetary but time spent in preaching zealously and industriously teaching in my neighborhood.
The old covenant demands 10% of the gain that adherents of Mosaic laws make but in the new covenant Jesus didn't ask for money rather it's the time we SPENT in doing the work he assigned to us.
That's why you will always find my brothers and sisters in the field paying their tithes with service to Lord Jesus.
We are Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

So why does the deity need the payment of tithe? Is it tax, levy, dues, payment for what exactly?
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2023
vdestro:

When people find gold they only tell their close famly and friends. And if anyone they tell does not understand, it is their loss.

As always and as is normal, all those who are in charge of anything are already liable to give account of their administration

Simple question, do you pay tithe?
There is no need for all this epistle.
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by vdestro: 2:00pm On Jun 30, 2023
Childfree:

Simple question, do you pay tithe?
There is no need for all this epistle.

I responded to your post.

As to your question, my answer is, "its really none of your business especially as it is not your earnings i am using". Thank you.
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 2:18pm On Jun 30, 2023
vdestro:

I responded to your post.

As to your question, my answer is, "its really none of your business especially as it is not your earnings i am using". Thank you.

Carry your bitterness and frustration go. I am not the one collecting your money. You can channel that to you pastor.

You saw the title of the thread, you decide to enter, you went ahead to respond with an incoherent jargon. How dumbb can someone be. Must you respond?

Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:20pm On Jun 30, 2023
Childfree:

So why does the deity need the payment of tithe? Is it tax, levy, dues, payment for what exactly?

It's a payment for the services rendered by the Levites in Israel! smiley
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by paxonel(m): 2:24pm On Jun 30, 2023
Image123:

Tithes and offerings help to run the church smoothly. It helps the church to run with minimal distractions. Clearer?
very true!
I wish the tithe collection should just be free-will giving like offering, not that one pastor will cajole church members that it must be some sort of regular 10% of one's income and that if the church member don't pay the regular 10% things will tight for him or her.

You know, that's amount to threat
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2023
paxonel:

very true!
I wish the tithe collection should just be free-will giving like offering, not that one pastor will cajole church members that it must be some sort of regular 10% of one's income and that if the church member don't pay the regular 10% things will tight for him or her.
You know, that's amount to threat

It's a big fat lie!
The name TITHES connotes 10% so it's never a thing of option according to the law that's why the God of Israel laid a heavy curse on whoever fails to pay! Malachi 3:6-10

But when Jesus commissioned Christianity the tithe was excluded because there are no group that must not work unlike the old covenant where Levites must remain in the temple. So the monetary tithing today is a scam if you must know! smiley
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by paxonel(m): 3:50pm On Jun 30, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It's a big fat lie!
The name TITHES connotes 10% so it's never a thing of option according to the law that's why the God of Israel laid a heavy curse on whoever fails to pay! Malachi 3:6-10

But when Jesus commissioned Christianity the tithe was excluded because there are no group that must not work unlike the old covenant where Levites must remain in the temple. So the monetary tithing today is a scam if you must know! smiley

so, why are they now transferring the Malachi curse from old testament to the new covenant in Christ, i don't get it?

Does the curse really work?
Because i can count so many successful Christians who are not regular churchgoers, talkless of them paying tithe
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2023
paxonel:
so, why are they now transferring the Malachi curse from old testament to the new covenant in Christ, i don't get it?
They are robbers!
Immediately Christ Jesus began his ministry he condemned tithe collectors! Matthew 23:23
WHY?
Because those priests are supposed to help the payers know that the Christ is around who will render judgment to save the needy {Matthew 5:1-12} and what's more? God's law forbids three categories of people from paying tithes in Israel:
WIDOWS! Because they have no husbands to care for them and their babies.
ORPHANS! Because they're living from hand to mouth as they must slave to feed themselves unlike children having fathers to care for them.
TRAVELERS! Because they're no part of Israel so they shouldn't pay tithes rather it's the other twelve tribes given inheritance that must pay.
So these three categories RECEIVE TITHES from what the Levites pay as tithes instead of paying {Deuteronomy 14:28-29} that's the arrangement made by God so that nobody lacks food within Israel even if you're just a foreign resident in their society.
But by the time Jesus walked the earth those collecting tithes from the people has ignored the orphans, widows and foreign residents that's why God laid a CURSE on anyone who is not paying in Israel! Malachi 3:6-12
paxonel:

Does the curse really work?
Because i can count so many successful Christians who are not regular churchgoers, talkless of them paying tithe
The CURSE only affects Israelites the nation with which God made that covenant note that foreign residents are not supposed to pay but receive tithes so if you're living in Israel today you're supposed to BE PAID from the contributions (tithes) made by Levites and not the other way around! smiley
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2023
No sane human can raise any objections if Christianity is presented the way Christ Jesus commissioned it but after his ascension and the death of his first century Jewish disciples Satan's agents began their man-made doctrines {Matthew 13:25} that's what most of us knew before Jehovah's Witnesses came to our homes with the truth! smiley
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by gohf: 6:27pm On Jun 30, 2023
Childfree:
This is just a way fraudsters have used since way back to milk the gullible.

Some certain folks among primitive Israeli tribe started it. They deceived their tribes men by saying a man in the sky instructed them to bring rams, pigeon, grain... It is a sacrifice and offering for the sky man. The priest/Levi are to sacrifice as burnt offering then eat the rest. How can't you figure out that it was just a ploy by some hungry fraudsters to get free food for themselves?

The elite from the west also saw the trick. They adopted it, revised it, perfected it. In fact wrote a book called it Bible ... Add more juice to make it more appealing to fall for it aka Heaven. Then scare the gullible with lake of fire from the sky man if you don't obey it. Use it to milk their people till it doesn't work anymore.

Then they saw Africa, divide Africa among themselves, use the same trick and Idea of sky daddy to milk your ancestors, carry slaves, resources to build their land... Till they had enough.

Now your same people (aka pastors, evangelist, apostle, man of god, daddy GO) after they saw how gullible you can be. They are employing the same trick. Tell you the sky daddy needs money and you decide to fall for it too.

Common this is 2023. Have some sense abeg!
even if you find a church that doesn't collect tithe will you still go and fellowship with them
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by gohf: 6:28pm On Jun 30, 2023
Childfree:

if the pastor is rich or poor and doesn't collect will you worship under him
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 6:35pm On Jun 30, 2023
gohf:
if the pastor is rich or poor and doesn't collect will you worship under him

What do you mean by "worship under him"
Worship what?

Oh I got it. You are one of those people who believe that there is a man in the sky, he has a book and that he needs worship and money abi?
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by gohf: 6:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
Childfree:

What do you mean by "worship under him"
his leadership na,

Oya answer the question, will you worship with him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Will You Know That Christ Or Allah Has Returned / Rapture, What About It ?! / Birth Pains. Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.