Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,047 members, 7,863,724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:15 AM

Do You Still Pay Tithe? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Still Pay Tithe? (868 Views)

Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2023
gohf:
his leadership na,

Oya answer the question, will you worship with him

What do you mean by "worship under him"
Worship what? Leadership what?

Oh I got it. You are one of those people who believe that there is a man in the sky, he has a book and that he needs worship and money abi?
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by gohf: 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2023
Childfree:

Worship what? Leadership what?

Oh I got it. You are one of those people who believe that there is a man in the sky, he has a book and that he needs worship and money abi?
worship God na, abi na devil u wan go worship shocked

Nah, I am not one of those people ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฝโ€โ™‚๏ธ

But I guess your answer is NO even you meet a genuine man who does, says and lives the right thing. You won't follow him nor fellowship with him, because your personal believe is no one lives in the sky. Even though that man's God isn't a man in the sky who demands worship and money, you will still refuse to relate with the true God, isnt that so?
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:14pm On Jun 30, 2023
Childfree:

Worship what? Oh I got it. You are one of those people who believe that there is a man in the sky, he has a book and that he needs worship and money abi?

I've noticed your sudden silence after reading my comments, now you know that apart from demanding to see God there is sound reasoning in true Christianity so even though false religions claiming Christians are getting it all wrong it doesn't mean there is no God or true religion.
You may have had bitter times dealing with counterfeit money but that doesn't mean you can't find the legal tender! smiley
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 7:18pm On Jun 30, 2023
gohf:
worship God na, abi na devil u wan go worship shocked

Nah, I am not one of those people ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฝโ€โ™‚๏ธ

But I guess your answer is NO even you meet a genuine man who does, says and lives the right thing. You won't follow him nor fellowship with him, because your personal believe is no one lives in the sky. Even though that man's God isn't a man in the sky who demands worship and money, you will still refuse to relate with the true God, isnt that so?

Aren't you a Christian?
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 7:31pm On Jun 30, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I've noticed your sudden silence after reading my comments, now you know that apart from demanding to see God there is sound reasoning in true Christianity so even though false religions claiming Christians are getting it all wrong it doesn't mean there is no God or true religion.
You may have had bitter times dealing with counterfeit money but that doesn't mean you can't find the legal tender! smiley

The question was are you still paying tithe and what is the motive of the tithe payment.

You provided your answers, for the Levi to chop...blablabla. my question was answered. What do you want me to do? Argue with you that is isn't so?

You only buttress what I even said.

Some certain folks among primitive Israeli tribe started it. They deceived their tribes men by saying a man in the sky instructed them to collect 10% of their monthly earnings also bring rams, pigeon, grain... It is a sacrifice and offering for the sky man. The priest/Levi are to sacrifice as burnt offering then eat the rest. How can't you figure out that it was just a ploy by some hungry fraudsters to get free food for themselves?
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 7:33pm On Jun 30, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It's a payment for the services rendered by the Levites in Israel! smiley

The tithe you yourself pay
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by gohf: 7:38pm On Jun 30, 2023
Childfree:

Aren't you a Christian?
are you afraid to answer my question?

You attack those who may be misguided in their believes. Yet are you afraid to even believe or follow anything good and true.

I can assume you avoiding to answer means even if God is good you will not believe in Him.

You ask if I am a Christian, how do you expect to know if I am like Christ if you do not even know Christ?

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by gohf: 7:41pm On Jun 30, 2023
Childfree:

The question was are you still paying tithe and what is the motive of the tithe payment.

You provided your answers, for the Levi to chop...blablabla. my question was answered. What do you want me to do? Argue with you that is isn't so?

You only buttress what I even said.

Some certain folks among primitive Israeli tribe started it. They deceived their tribes men by saying a man in the sky instructed them to collect 10% of their monthly earnings also bring rams, pigeon, grain... It is a sacrifice and offering for the sky man. The priest/Levi are to sacrifice as burnt offering then eat the rest. How can't you figure out that it was just a ploy by some hungry fraudsters to get free food for themselves?
true it could be a ploy, but about those who charge you nothing nor collect anything from you and say to you, do good and do what is right, do you listen to them or ignore them, even if they are not fraudsters trying to defraud you in anyway not care about your material possessions but your life and soul
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 8:35pm On Jun 30, 2023
gohf:
true it could be a ploy, but about those who charge you nothing nor collect anything from you and say to you, do good and do what is right, do you listen to them or ignore them, even if they are not fraudsters trying to defraud you in anyway not care about your material possessions but your life and soul

It is the foundation of the god idea you embrace. They said, a book said, bla bla bla
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by gohf: 8:42pm On Jun 30, 2023
Childfree:

It is the foundation of the god idea you embrace. They said, a book said, bla bla bla
a book? Nah, that's not what they said

They said a God, say it plainly are you afraid to say it.

A book written by men who claimed to have encountered a God said he was going to judge the wicked, u either don't care or u are scared.

Answer my questions childfree

I will ask you another one, what if all what is in that book is true... What then do you do?
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 8:54pm On Jun 30, 2023
gohf:
are you afraid to answer my question?

You attack those who may be misguided in their believes. Yet are you afraid to even believe or follow anything good and true.

I can assume you avoiding to answer means even if God is good you will not believe in Him.

You ask if I am a Christian, how do you expect to know if I am like Christ if you do not even know Christ?

Did I tell you I buy to into the thing called god or whatever to you? undecided

Why the hell would you be asking me if I would accept, believe or follow a leadership of some man bla bla bla

Some primitive people wrote some book that a man is in the sky said you should believe him and worship him blablabla...

Common we are adults, behave like one
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 8:56pm On Jun 30, 2023
gohf:
a book? Nah, that's not what they said

They said a God, say it plainly are you afraid to say it.

A book written by men who claimed to have encountered a God said he was going to judge the wicked, u either don't care or u are scared.

Answer my questions childfree

I will ask you another one, what if all what is in that book is true... What then do you do?

That a thing called god told them to collect 10% of people's earning?
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by gohf: 8:59pm On Jun 30, 2023
Childfree:

Did I tell you I buy to into the thing called god or whatever to you? undecided

Why the hell would you be asking me if I would accept, believe or follow a leadership of some man bla bla bla

Some primitive people wrote some book that a man is in the sky said you should believe him and worship him blablabla...

Common we are adults, behave like one
adults? U think a little knowledge and a few decades makes one an adult or is adult to you all knowing. Cut the crap

Yea some crazy primitives wrote some nonsense about a guy, a man as u put it in the sky.

I don't care if u buy into it or sell it, lol. I asked u if it were true what would you do.

Who care what one man personally thinks or imagines in their head. I asked you if there really is a man or a God in the heaven what would you do.

If you build your whole love believing something you can't even proof whether he is up there or not, what makes you different from those who build their lives believing he is there even if they can't prove it?

Or you think your better because you don't believe? ๐Ÿ˜ Answer my questions child
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by gohf: 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2023
Childfree:

That a thing called god told them to collect 10% of people's earning?
it might as well be the devil telling them, what is it to you

Don't people scam others with using the name of God, don't people use the name of God in heaven.

If God asked you to come to him freely without paying, would you go? Yes or No
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 9:08pm On Jun 30, 2023
gohf:
adults? U think a little knowledge and a few decades makes one an adult or is adult to you all knowing. Cut the crap

Yea some crazy primitives wrote some nonsense about a guy, a man as u put it in the sky.

I don't care if u buy into it or sell it, lol. I asked u if it were true what would you do.

Who care what one man personally thinks or imagines in their head. I asked you if there really is a man or a God in the heaven what would you do.

If you build your whole love believing something you can't even proof whether he is up there or not, what makes you different from those who build their lives believing he is there even if they can't prove it?

Or you think your better because you don't believe? ๐Ÿ˜ Answer my questions child

No different from what if there is a fairy under my garden
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by gohf: 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2023
Childfree:

No different from what if there is a fairy under my garden
ya no different yet u are scared to answer
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 9:26pm On Jun 30, 2023
gohf:
it might as well be the devil telling them, what is it to you

Don't people scam others with using the name of God, don't people use the name of God in heaven.

If God asked you to come to him freely without paying, would you go? Yes or No

Wether a thing called devil or a thing called god told them is not my problem.

The fact that the charlatans deceived gullible people by saying a thing called god who's in the sky told them to collect 10% of people's earning... with other things which they wrote, then you get mind to tell me now that if the thing doesn't require any money from me would I go to him? Lol

Thank goodness you also acknowledge that they scammed people.

Bro there is no sky man anywhere.
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by gohf: 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2023
Childfree:

Wether a thing called devil or a thing called god told them is not my problem.

The fact that the charlatans deceived gullible people by saying a thing called god who's in the sky told them to collect 10% of people's earning... with other things which they wrote, then you get mind to tell me now that if the thing doesn't require any money from me would I go to him? Lol

Thank goodness you also acknowledge that they scammed people.

Bro there is no sky man anywhere.
okay o, keep telling yourself that one o, but know sha you are no different from those blinded by self delusion na.
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2023
gohf:
okay o, keep telling yourself that one o, but know sha you are no different from those blinded by self delusion na.

Do you believe them? That a thing called god lives in the sky told them to collect 10% of people's earning?

In fact that in some occasions, the thing also requires, ram, goat, pigeon, grains as sacrifice. That they should sacrifice some parts to the thing then eat the rest.

How can't you see that this is just a ploy by some fraudsters to collect food and money from obviously gullible people?

Do you believe them? Obviously yes. Because they said it. Besides they wrote it in a book. Lol
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by vdestro: 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2023
Childfree:

Carry your bitterness and frustration go. I am not the one collecting your money. You can channel that to you pastor.

You saw the title of the thread, you decide to enter, you went ahead to respond with an incoherent jargon. How dumbb can someone be. Must you respond?

Your posts already shows that you are a very hungry bitter frustrated one who is pained that pastors are wacking peoples tithes. If you want to eat tithes, you already know what to do.
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 10:24pm On Jun 30, 2023
vdestro:

Your posts already shows that you are a very hungry bitter frustrated one who is pained that pastors are wacking peoples tithes. If you want to eat tithes, you already know what to do.

I am no hungry nor bitter, you are the one it shows from your reply.

I am no fraudster nor a deceiver why should I tell people there is a thing called god in the sky and that he told me collect 10% of their earnings. Weak innocent people for that matter. I have empathy unlike you and your kind.
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:42am On Jul 01, 2023
Childfree:

How can't you figure out that it was just a ploy by some hungry fraudsters to get free food for themselves?
Atheism makes you intelligent but wisdom you can't have!

If some hungry fraudsters initiated that among the Israelites then how come the same thing is done globally? smiley
In all cultures throughout the world sacrifices are made to appease deities so if some hungry fraudsters faked it in Israel does that makes all the nations on planet earth hungry fraudsters because it was a global thing no nation was left out when talking about sacrifices to deities in ancient times.
So trust me my young man atheism may seem intelligent but there's no wisdom in it! smiley
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:49am On Jul 01, 2023
Childfree:

The tithe you yourself pay

Good question!
Today the tithe i pay today as a Christian is meant to prepare the earth for a new start. Soon all evildoers on this planet will be killed and only good people will be spared by God's executioners. So by making peace with my neighbours and having the same line of thought with them i'm preparing myself for the good times ahead when the whole earth will become one global family of peace loving worshipers under the instructions of our sky daddy.
Nobody can force this on you if you're not interested but no matter how hopeless you are you can't take away the hope believers have simply because you choose to be hopeless! smiley
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 6:15am On Jul 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Atheism makes you intelligent but wisdom you can't have!

If some hungry fraudsters initiated that among the Israelites then how come the same thing is done globally? smiley
In all cultures throughout the world sacrifices are made to appease deities so if some hungry fraudsters faked it in Israel does that makes all the nations on planet earth hungry fraudsters because it was a global thing no nation was left out when talking about sacrifices to deities in ancient times.
So trust me my young man atheism may seem intelligent but there's no wisdom in it! smiley

Tell me one country, tribe or locality where there are no fraudsters or people that exploit there fellow countrymen?

Yeah, it was some primitive folks that started it. A god demand goat, ram, pigeon and money. Lol
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:31am On Jul 01, 2023
Childfree:

Tell me one country, tribe or locality where there are no fraudsters or people that exploit there fellow countrymen? Yeah, it was some primitive folks that started it. A god demand goat, ram, pigeon and money. Lol

So unlike the internet that started somewhere and was taken to all other parts of the earth this idea just spring up in the hearts of people throughout the earth without telecommution shey? cheesy
แปŒmแป you wise pass wisdom walahi talahi! cheesy
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 7:02am On Jul 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Good question!
Today the tithe i pay today as a Christian is meant to prepare the earth for a new start. Soon all evildoers on this planet will be killed and only good people will be spared by God's executioners. So by making peace with my neighbours and having the same line of thought with them i'm preparing myself for the good times ahead when the whole earth will become one global family of peace loving worshipers under the instructions of our sky daddy.
Nobody can force this on you if you're not interested but no matter how hopeless you are you can't take away the hope believers have simply because you choose to be hopeless! smiley

A book written by some primitive folks that a thing in the sky called god, told them to collect 10% of people's earnings, then went ahead to also tell you the bolded above?

With excitement in your eyes, happiness in your stomach, you are happily saying soon you'll execute and kill some human beings which you tag evildoers because you saw it written in a book

Good people would always be good. Bad people would always be bad. But only religion, a thing called god, things written in a book would turn good people to bad people.

There is no sky man anywhere, it was just some primitive folks story.
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:07am On Jul 01, 2023
Childfree:

A book written by some primitive folks that a thing in the sky called god, told them to collect 10% of people's earnings, then went ahead to also tell you the bolded above?

With excitement in your eyes, happiness in your stomach, you are happily saying soon you'll execute and kill some human beings which you tag evildoers because you saw it written in a book

Good people would always be good. Bad people would always be bad. But only religion, a thing called god, things written in a book would turn good people to bad people.

There is no sky man anywhere, it was just some primitive folks story.

The highlighted is a promise from God (our shy daddy) who never failed in His promises not what humans like me will carry out because it's not going to an extermination by physical weapons!
So relax my atheists friend it's God's war not mine! wink
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 7:24am On Jul 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted is a promise from God (our shy daddy) who never failed in His promises not what humans like me will carry out because it's not going to an extermination by physical weapons!
So relax my atheists friend it's God's war not mine! wink

But you got this from a book written by some primitive folks right ?

They tell you a thing called god who lives in the sky told them to collect 10% of peoples earning. And that he'll later come to kill human beings. Lol

Common oga.
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:33am On Jul 01, 2023
Childfree:

But you got this from a book written by some primitive folks right ?
They tell you a thing called god who lives in the sky told them to collect 10% of peoples earning. And that he'll later come to kill human beings. Lol
Common oga.

Do you fear when you see a soldier in uniform?
YES!
What comes to your mind?
It's the fear that this people are trained to kill and of course you've heard of wars in time past and movie makers have also acted it on TV, you believe whenever you see anyone in that uniform that they're trained to do those things you watch on TV.
So even though you've never been to battle yet you believe what you heard about WARS right?
Well this sky man has done a lot in the past, He promised to do certain things in our own time and He's fulfilling it now.
So only an ignorant person will doubt His existence after seeing what He promised coming to fulfilment today right in our own eyes! Romans 1:20 smiley
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 7:52am On Jul 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Do you fear when you see a soldier in uniform?
YES!
What comes to your mind?
It's the fear that this people are trained to kill and of course you've heard of wars in time past and movie makers have also acted it on TV, you believe whenever you see anyone in that uniform that they're trained to do those things you watch on TV.
So even though you've never been to battle yet you believe what you heard about WARS right?
Well this sky man has done a lot in the past, He promised to do certain things in our own time and He's fulfilling it now.
So only an ignorant person will doubt His existence after seeing what He promised coming to fulfilment today right in our own eyes! Romans 1:20 smiley

I do not fear soldier if I see one. What you wrote there is garbage.

Where did you get the story of the sky man, the killing and destruction which the alleged sky man would soon come and do? Don't tell me from a book please cry

From the same book written by some primitive folks which claimed a thing called god that lives in the sky told people to give them 10% of their earnings also goat, ram, pigeon flesh and blood for the sky dude. Lol
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:46am On Jul 01, 2023
Childfree:

I do not fear soldier if I see one. What you wrote there is garbage. Where did you get the story of the sky man, the killing and destruction which the alleged sky man would soon come and do? Don't tell me from a book please cry
From the same book written by some primitive folks which claimed a thing called god that lives in the sky told people to give them 10% of their earnings also goat, ram, pigeon flesh and blood for the sky dude. Lol

Now it has been established that tithing is not your problem but the idea of supernaturals! wink

Do you believe in books written by men who never witnessed what you're seeing today?
Of course you do!

Isaac Newton discovered gravity but he never knew a telephone nor flat screen tv yet you will gladly welcome his idea of gravity! grin

John MichelI wrote above black holes but he never knew a space ship yet you welcome the idea heartily.

So why do you welcome what these primitive men who never knew what we know today wrote?

Well i will help you with the answer:
You believe them because there is an ongoing follow up on what they said and till today it has not been disproved that neither black holes or gravity are scams.

The same applies to what is written in the Bible my young man, all the things written in that ancient book has proved to be true and up to date even though the writers never saw what we know today just as Isaac Newton and John Michell never experienced half of what we know today! smiley
Re: Do You Still Pay Tithe? by Childfree: 10:59am On Jul 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Now it has been established that tithing is not your problem but the idea of supernaturals! wink

They told you a thing called god who lived in the sky said 10% of people's earnings should be given to them. And sometimes ram, goat, sheep, pigeon... I tell you it was just a lie to get food and money from the gullible. How can't you see it?

Do you believe in books written by men who never witnessed what you're seeing today?
Of course you do!

Isaac Newton discovered gravity but he never knew a telephone nor flat screen tv yet you will gladly welcome his idea of gravity! grin

John MichelI wrote above black holes but he never knew a space ship yet you welcome the idea heartily.

So why do you welcome what these primitive men who never knew what we know today wrote?

I never said or imply this.
I never told you if I believe or not believe what the people you quoted said. Stop assuming things on my behalf.

If anyone of them says that a thing up in the sky called god said people should give them 10% of their earnings, I wouldn't buy to the lies. Hence exactly what the folk whose writings you follow did

Well i will help you with the answer:
You believe them because there is an ongoing follow up on what they said and till today it has not been disproved that neither black holes or gravity are scams.

The same applies to what is written in the Bible my young man, all the things written in that ancient book has proved to be true and up to date even though the writers never saw what we know today just as Isaac Newton and John Michell never experienced half of what we know today! smiley

Catching straw, bringing up irrelevant things just to shy away from the real thing. lol

They made their deduction, discovery through scientific methods. They do not claim to receive it from any guy who lives in the sky.

In your case Some folks said a thing called god whom lives in the sky said 10% of people's earning should be given to them. Goat, ram, pigeon, grain... Inclusive as sacrifice to eat then they eat the rest of the meat and drink the wine.

According to you, yes a sky man told them. Since they said it and wrote it in a book. Lol

Okay tell me, where did you get the story that a thing called god told some ancient persons to collect those things?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet Sells His Picture For $200 (Picture) / To Shun Ungodly Acts / Church Of Christ Members Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.