Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

HANDBAG ‘SMALLER THAN GRAIN OF SALT’ SELLS FOR OVER 49,000,000naira - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / HANDBAG ‘SMALLER THAN GRAIN OF SALT’ SELLS FOR OVER 49,000,000naira (794 Views)

Mexican Woman Looks Like Real Life Vampire After 49 Body Modifications (Graphic / Shade Okoya's Daughter, Olamide, Flaunts Her Expensive HandBag Collection / Patek Philippe: World Most Expensive Watch Sells For ₦11.2Billion In Switzerland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HANDBAG ‘SMALLER THAN GRAIN OF SALT’ SELLS FOR OVER 49,000,000naira by xxolisexx(m): 6:14am On Jun 30, 2023
A minuscule handbag measuring just 657 by 222 by 700 microns (or less than 0.03 inches wide) sold for over $63,000 at an online auction Wednesday.

Barely visible to the human eye, the fluorescent yellowish-green bag is based on a popular Louis Vuitton design — though it is the work of a New York art collective, not the luxury label itself.

Dubbing its diminutive creation “Microscopic Handbag,” the Brooklyn-based group MSCHF claims the bag is narrow enough to pass through the eye of a needle and is smaller than a grain of sea salt (though that may depend on how coarse you like your salt).
The object was made using two-photon polymerization, a manufacturing technology used to 3D-print micro-scale plastic parts. It was sold alongside a microscope equipped with a digital display through which the bag can be viewed.

A promotional photo shows the design in greater detail, revealing Louis Vuitton’s signature “LV” monogram. The bag appears to be based on the French label’s OnTheGo tote, which currently retails at full size for between $3,100 and $4,300.

1 Like

Re: HANDBAG ‘SMALLER THAN GRAIN OF SALT’ SELLS FOR OVER 49,000,000naira by xxolisexx(m): 6:16am On Jun 30, 2023
The sale was hosted by Joopiter, an online auction house founded by American musician, record producer and designer Pharrell Williams. Although Williams currently serves as Louis Vuitton’s creative director of menswear, MSCHF’s chief creative officer Kevin Wiesner previously told the New York Times that the collective had not sought his or the French label’s permission to use its logo or design.

“Pharrell loves big hats, so we made him an incredibly small bag,” he told the newspaper.

Me i just dey wonder, what if the bag lose, how you wan find am..

Source: CNN

1 Like

Re: HANDBAG ‘SMALLER THAN GRAIN OF SALT’ SELLS FOR OVER 49,000,000naira by MatrixReloaded: 6:22am On Jun 30, 2023
See as nicking minaj and Cardi b fans are dragging whom to buy it first. Kim k is interested the other fans yell.
Re: HANDBAG ‘SMALLER THAN GRAIN OF SALT’ SELLS FOR OVER 49,000,000naira by brain54(m): 6:27am On Jun 30, 2023
So what’s the usefulness…

If it can’t carry even a grain of salt?

handbag wey no fit carry grain of salt… that one na handbag?

3 Likes

Re: HANDBAG ‘SMALLER THAN GRAIN OF SALT’ SELLS FOR OVER 49,000,000naira by siofragspot: 6:29am On Jun 30, 2023
I greet una
Re: HANDBAG ‘SMALLER THAN GRAIN OF SALT’ SELLS FOR OVER 49,000,000naira by TsbAfrica: 6:32am On Jun 30, 2023
It's called money laundry ... They are telling you how much money they can fit into that tiny bag on thier way to the laundry.. 😜... Art is one of the best tools for money laundry... perception is reality.

2 Likes

Re: HANDBAG ‘SMALLER THAN GRAIN OF SALT’ SELLS FOR OVER 49,000,000naira by Namdeenero(m): 6:33am On Jun 30, 2023
What do they need it for?? Absolutely nothing!
But did they buy it? Yes!

Money is good
Re: HANDBAG ‘SMALLER THAN GRAIN OF SALT’ SELLS FOR OVER 49,000,000naira by superCleanworks(m): 6:41am On Jun 30, 2023
where is the vanity police?
Re: HANDBAG ‘SMALLER THAN GRAIN OF SALT’ SELLS FOR OVER 49,000,000naira by ahnie: 7:02am On Jun 30, 2023
superCleanworks:
where is the vanity police?
They're on their way.
Re: HANDBAG ‘SMALLER THAN GRAIN OF SALT’ SELLS FOR OVER 49,000,000naira by JASONjnr(m): 7:03am On Jun 30, 2023
The madness in oyibo will buy this....

I know say Nigerian yeyebrities no get sense, but them no go fit west money for this kind things ....
Re: HANDBAG ‘SMALLER THAN GRAIN OF SALT’ SELLS FOR OVER 49,000,000naira by vastolord4(m): 7:42am On Jun 30, 2023
I'm not justifying gboys act but the rich need to be extorted.. how and why should someone spend money carelessly? For what reason?
How can you make middle class people feel this way? You'll obviously need a microscope for this bag..
Re: HANDBAG ‘SMALLER THAN GRAIN OF SALT’ SELLS FOR OVER 49,000,000naira by falcon01: 8:44am On Jun 30, 2023
If you mistakenly swallow it unko🤣

2 Likes

Re: HANDBAG ‘SMALLER THAN GRAIN OF SALT’ SELLS FOR OVER 49,000,000naira by Bakrabas: 9:27am On Jun 30, 2023
I still don't understand the usefulness of the bag.

I managed to read the story I thought I'll come across the word like " the bag is made up of diamond or 500 karat gold" but nothing of such .

Some people don't deserve to be rich but God is great. Irrespective of whom you're, either you worship him or not, praise him or not, give thanks to him or not, you'll will still be blessed.

Oh God of Muhammad (S.A.W) and Jesus (A S) I pray to you this morning crown my effort with an endless success, bless all my legit means of livelihood, reward me more than what humanity will offer me and make me one of the world wealthiest, above all let my wealth be useful to your service on this surface of the earth Duniya and on day of resurrection Akhira... Amen

I wish everyone that say Amen the same
Re: HANDBAG ‘SMALLER THAN GRAIN OF SALT’ SELLS FOR OVER 49,000,000naira by Houseofglam7(f): 11:43am On Jun 30, 2023
What if I inhale it??😫😫😫🤲🏼😫🤲🏼😫🤲🏼

Folks be crazy for real tho 😃

(1) (Reply)

Can Spirit Make Me Have Teddy? / Watch Worn By President Barack Obama / Cutie Guys And Gorgeous Girls Needed 4 A T.v Advert Asap.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.