Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,264 members, 7,829,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Naira Now Undervalued After Float, Bank Of America Says - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Now Undervalued After Float, Bank Of America Says (43222 Views)

Naira Float: Dangote, Abdulsamad Rabiu Lost $5.85bn, Say Bloomberg Index / Naira Begins Recovery After Float, Closes At ₦‎664/$ At I&E Window / Central Bank Starts Uniform Exchange Rate For Naira, Now ₦380 To $1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Now Undervalued After Float, Bank Of America Says by homosapien(m): 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2023
pacesetting:
Exactly. I still don't understand why all these economists around him are not telling him the truth. He wants to use Lagos model to lead a country where 90% of the states are not productive.

A consuming nation hoping to improve its exchange rate against producing nations. Is that one not madness?

All the states must be productive this time.
Re: Naira Now Undervalued After Float, Bank Of America Says by slymansun: 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2023
DeLaRue:

It's laughable.

Every hour, Nigerians are monitoring Naira/USD rate even when they don't do any international trade.

Tailors, office workers, landlords, teachers, market men and women etc are discussing dollar rate every day.

Every time the value goes up by any amount, people's blood pressure rises enmass.

My sister has no business with the dollar, but anytime she calls, she will ask if I know that dollar is so and so

The slavish obsession with the dollar is contributing to making more people wanting to buy it, therefore destroying the naira.

People are just 'doing themselves '.

We are not Americans. Dollar is not our currency.

Why are we obsessed with this currency.

I don't think there's any country in the world where whole swathes of the population have deified another country 's currency.

How can you come online and display your ignorance Like this?
You completely lack understanding.
I don't really know what to reply you. Pure ignoramus.
Re: Naira Now Undervalued After Float, Bank Of America Says by sunboy(m): 1:23am On Jul 01, 2023
Flets:

I am sorry you don't understand the subject.

CBN could stop round tripping without floating the Naira. All that was needed was to remove all restrictions imposed by Emefiele's CBN and stop selling CBN to different folks at different rates... sell at a particular rate to all.

Floating the Naira is an entirely different animal. As huge as Chinese economy and market is, they could not afford to float their currency much more Nigeria that imports virtually everything. Una well at all?

You should really calm down.
You are here proposing devaluation by what you explained, floating is effectively doing exactly that and more.

Comparing the Chinese market, they have constantly devalue their currency every other year.

Yes, Nigeria floated but not free float instead it’s a managed float. The CBN knows better that we are imported based economy and knows better to not free float the naira.
Re: Naira Now Undervalued After Float, Bank Of America Says by Karnice600: 4:11am On Jul 01, 2023
GeneralDae:

What of education subsidy? Is that also a bandage or at least can you admit Government has benefited you however small?

... however small?

Ol boy, you carry wahala o.
If you were a witch, you won't just suffocate your victims, you'll make sure they're buried too. Haba.
You just sha want make I admit say we dey benefit from FG.

One thing you refuse to understand is this; where the standard of living is pathetically low, like we have now, subsidies become remedies, because 'most' people can't afford the basics.
On the other hand if the standard of living is high, subsidies would come off as 'bonuses' , since a significant number of people can afford the basics.
Before subsidy removal a good number of Nigerians were still struggling below basic standards with nothing significant to thank the government for. How much more now?
On whether its a benefit, depends on one's satisfactory levels with the overall economic conditions.
Re: Naira Now Undervalued After Float, Bank Of America Says by Crvrider: 8:10am On Jul 19, 2023
jmoore:
_

People like you go open mouth waa!!

Kuwait has a population of 4.5 million people. They export more crude oil than Nigeria.

Common sense should tell you that Kuwait has surplus of forex when compared to Nigeria when you factor in that Nigeria has a population of 180 million.

Take advantage of your population size. Where 2 people gather and where 200 gather which has more advantage?

I won't bring myself low to your level to start calling you names
Re: Naira Now Undervalued After Float, Bank Of America Says by jmoore(m): 8:35am On Jul 19, 2023
Crvrider:

Take advantage of your population size. Where 2 people gather and where 200 gather which has more advantage?

I won't bring myself low to your level to start calling you names
Go back to your initial post where you called me ignorant.

You no get point here.
Re: Naira Now Undervalued After Float, Bank Of America Says by trev24: 1:40pm On Sep 17, 2023
Rmb to naira available today rate 107 contact me no scammers only legit people ‪+231 77 646 4648‬

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) / Clover, South-African Company Withdraws From Nigeria / 6 Months After! Fidelity Bank Apologizes To Lady After Calling Them Out Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.