Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,709 members, 7,827,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now (5234 Views)

If Tinubu Can Create A Seaport In Anambra; Igbo Will Worship Him - Cossy Ojiakor / Enlighten Yourself:SE Must Embrace APC To remain Relevant In Nigerian Politics / The State Of Political Strength In Each Zone: What SE Must Do In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by mrvitalis(m): 1:31pm On Jun 30, 2023
Christistruth03:

Lagos Lagoon adjoins and is fed by the Atlantic

Lagos Lagoon is Sea Water
Is lagoon a sea yes or no?

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Trizyd(m): 1:31pm On Jun 30, 2023
I personally feel the SE should focus more on connecting their region together instead of putting it out to get a "Sea Port". Why trying to have access into the sea and your region are not so connected together?

2 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by mrvitalis(m): 1:31pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gajagojo:

Lagos Lagoon is not a River

However Tin Can is not on Lagos Lagoon sir

It is on Badagry Creek

A creek an ocean creek.

Not a river
Creek n river what's the difference

2 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Christistruth03: 1:33pm On Jun 30, 2023
mrvitalis:

Is lagoon a sea yes or no?

Lagos Lagoon is a Sea or Coastal Lagoon

2 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Parachoco: 1:34pm On Jun 30, 2023
mrvitalis:

What are they? Sea ? Ocean? No body is saying Onitsha port... He called the locations that are viable

Not body cares about Onitsha port
Do you know the Rivers you're even talking about do not start and end in Igbo Land?

Dredging that River is not as easy as you're trying to make it

2 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by mrvitalis(m): 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
Do you know the Rivers you're even talking about do not start and end in Igbo Land?

Dredging that River is not as easy as you're trying to make it

IMO rivers starts in IMO state.... Onne port is already on a tributary of IMO rivers

Why can't Abia build their own sea port in their own... Akwa ibom can build their own too if they want

The main issue is cost not any other thing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by mrvitalis(m): 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2023
Christistruth03:

Lagos Lagoon is a Sea Lagoon
Lol define sea lagoon

2 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Parachoco: 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2023
mrvitalis:

World Bank proposed sea port to be built in IMO state in the 1950s ...
Bring out your evidence

A Seaport will never be created in the South East because the Rivers can never be dredge

The World Bank won't propose such nonsense that's not viable

3 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by crixlight2(m): 1:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
Cooly100:

Why is this bothering you man from Ilesa?

SE has no boundary with your SW, yet it is you guys who are more concerned about SE. Why?

If 100 people are killed in SW or in the north..NL pages will normally not go beyond 2 to 3 pages...but if 3 people are killed in the SE...na 10 to 15 pages be that....

Why do you guys love and hate the SE with almost equal intensity?
Oga stop capping nobody hate you people , any small comment unah go Dey shout say dem hate you , if you don’t want other region to comment on any post about South East then create another forum with only south easterns, the guy no even yab south East , he just said it is landlocked , na you go prove to him and show him fact that it is not , but you rather chose victim card of being hate

3 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Parachoco: 1:39pm On Jun 30, 2023
mrvitalis:
IMO rivers starts in IMO state.... Onne port is already on a tributary of IMO rivers

Why can't Abia build their own sea port in their own... Akwa ibom can build their own too if they want

The main issue is cost not any other thing
Nobody is stoping Abia State from building a River Port with her money.

There's Onitsha Port in Anambra State too.

Ships can not move in any of the Rivers in the South East and they can't be dredge. The Rivers didn't start and end in the South East.

3 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by EcoNews: 1:40pm On Jun 30, 2023
This comment from you now relate to when the multitude of dead brain from your 5 wretched states talk about Lagos Ogun Kwara n Osun ?! Can you see you have gone mad.

Cooly100:

Why is this bothering you man from Ilesa?
SE has no boundary with your SW, yet it is you guys who are more concerned about SE. Why?

If 100 people are killed in SW or in the north..NL pages will normally not go beyond 2 to 3 pages...but if 3 people are killed in the SE...na 10 to 15 pages be that....

Why do you guys love and hate the SE with almost equal intensity?

3 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Christistruth03: 1:40pm On Jun 30, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lol define sea lagoon

Google is your friend

It is the same as a Coastal Lagoon

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by ojobek: 1:44pm On Jun 30, 2023
PLEASE, DON'T GENERALIZED THIS HATRED FOR IGBO.THOSE YORUBAS KICKING AGAINST THIS LOVELY IDEAS ON NL ARE APC AND NOT ORIGINAL OMOLUABI.NOTHING IS WRONG WITH WHAT OP SAID.

2 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by EcoNews: 1:44pm On Jun 30, 2023
When as your Igbo father supported the Yorubas at anything that you clowns think you should own the right to Yoruba support ?

Is it not madness you desire support of one you abhore so much hate for ?

proeast:
I expect Yorubas to be in support of this so that Igbos can free Lagos for them. But I'm surprised that some of them are hating again.

As long as Igbos are forced to gather in Lagos because of the ports, the city will remain choked up.

You know Igbos are aggressive capitalists, so you will always struggle against them and when you're outsmarted, it breeds envy and hate.

4 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by FSBoperator: 1:46pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
Nobody is stoping Abia State from building a River Port with her money.

There's Onitsha Port in Anambra State too.

Ships can not move in any of the Rivers in the South East and they can't be dredge. The Rivers didn't start and end in the South East.

Other than that, opening shipping routes is not down to the state governors but the federal govt .

Is it Otti that will announce a new shipping route to his useless state or the FG after due consultation by the NSA and NIMASA.

They underate the power the federal govt wields in this regard .

Amaechi even barred shipping vessels in Nigeria's territorial waters in the Bight of Guinea claiming insecurity.

These he goats have no clue in what they are proposing.

They think opening a sea port inland is down to opening another shop branch .

2 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by FSBoperator: 1:47pm On Jun 30, 2023
ojobek:
PLEASE, DON'T GENERALIZED THIS HATRED FOR IGBO.THOSE YORUBAS KICKING AGAINST THIS LOVELY IDEAS ON NL ARE APC AND NOT ORIGINAL OMOLUABI.NOTHING IS WRONG WITH WHAT OP SAID.

What concerns Yoruba here?

You idiots are claiming Niger Delta territorial waterways as part of your Biafra and when we kick you label us Yoruba.

You get sense at all ?

2 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by ojobek: 1:49pm On Jun 30, 2023
Nobody is saying Yoruba should support,he said federal government or Yoruba is federal government according to your own definition?
EcoNews:
When as your Igbo father supported the Yorubas at anything that you clowns think you should own the right to Yoruba support ?

Is it not madness you desire support of one you abhore so much hate for ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by LOVEALAIGBO: 1:50pm On Jun 30, 2023
FSBoperator:

So my anti Zionist stand makes me non Niger Delta ?

You think we are Zionist drones like you in the yeast ?

Do you see us claiming Jewry like you ?

Ewu

Moro’n….just the unbridled hate this and other alternate monikers of yours shows towards Ndigbo and the inordinate amount of time you spend on nairaland moaning over a people who don’t know or care if you exist, is enough to zero down your ethnicity to one of two places! Knock yourself out!

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by JOemmy(m): 1:50pm On Jun 30, 2023
I think uzodima is already doing that he has recently signed a contract for the dredging of the orashi river to the atlantic ocean osinbanjo was in imo to commission the project.
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Arapmoi22: 1:52pm On Jun 30, 2023
proeast:
Over the years, there has been arguments and politicization on the need to build viable seaports in the SE. However, it has become an urgent need now. With the removal of fuel subsidy, any region that is capable of landing fuel directly will become more viable than others. Fuel is cheapest in Lagos and most expensive in NE because of this factor. Also, Lagos needs to breath instead of the current suffocation there. Once there is a viable competition to Lagos, tension in that city will reduce. NC and NE will also benefit because it will make fuel and other imports cheaper in those regions.

Abia, Imo and Anambra States all have the potentials to build deep seaports that can berth large vessels comfortably! [/b]Before anyone decides to argue blindly, here are the facts on ground about ports in Nigeria and their positions:

[b]1. Ibaka, Akwa Ibom state; 30 miles to Atlantic.
2. Lagos State; 50 miles to Atlantic.
3. P.H, Rivers State; 50 miles to Atlantic.
4. Onne, Rivers State; 60 miles to Atlantic.

Now compare all these ports to those in SE:
1. Osemoto, Imo State; 18 miles to Atlantic.
2. Oseakwa, Anambra state; 18 miles to Atlantic.
3. Obuaku, Abia State; 25 miles to Atlantic.

The most intriguing part is that the designated ports in Osemoto/Oseakwa axis offer the deepest natural ports as well as the closest to Atlantic, thereby making them potentially the most viable and easiest to maintain in Nigeria!

Any state in the SE that first builds a viable port will automatically become the richest in the region, but also one of the richest states in Nigeria.

1. Google Earth Pro installed on your system.
2. Locate all the positions and put a point mark on your proposed seaport in the Landlocked SE.
3. And prove your points.
4. Make a graphical proof of your point.

In all, you just made a fool of yourself with this post.

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Parachoco: 1:53pm On Jun 30, 2023
FSBoperator:

Other than that, opening shipping routes is not down to the state governors but the federal govt .

Is it Otti that will announce a new shipping route to his useless state or the FG after due consultation by the NSA and NIMASA.

They underate the power the federal govt wields in this regard .

Amaechi even barred shipping vessels in Nigeria's territorial waters in the Bight of Guinea claiming insecurity.

These he goats have no clue in what they are proposing.

They think opening a sea port inland is down to opening another shop branch .
You're absolutely right

Building Seaports is under the Exclusive List

2 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by FSBoperator: 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

slowpoke….just the unbridled hate this and other alternate monikers of yours shows towards Ndigbo and the inordinate amount of time you spend on nairaland moaning over a people who don’t know or care if you exist, is enough to zero down your ethnicity to one of two places! Knock yourself out!
You have no clue .

My hatred for you is not based on an parochial ethnic sentiments

It is based on your dangerous foolishness in the form of Zikism and now Zionism

Your foolishness remains unabated and we in the Niger Delta are suffering from your greed.

I hate you not merely for your cannibal roots but your age long relentless stupidity from Afro Marxism aka Zikism to IPOB Zionism

You are getting more stupidier by the day and your ambitions then and now have always been hinged on annexing and displacing the Niger Delta people off their land

No Yoruba or Fulani man has had this ambition but only you

And you expect me to see you as a friend were you remain a thief and murderer?

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by ojobek: 1:58pm On Jun 30, 2023
I have read almost all the contributions of individual here because I want to learn new things from the topic but to my surprise,the discussion has turned to tribal war because of the way some ( lagosians) Yoruba believe it will affect Lagos and not Nigeria.Some of you are haters and for your information I am Ilesa born Engineer abi igbo dey bear KEHINDE.
FSBoperator:

You idiots are claiming Niger Delta territorial waterways as part of your Biafra and when we kick you label us Yoruba.

You get sense at all ?

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by FSBoperator: 1:59pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
You're absolutely right

Building Seaports is under the Exclusive List

Even if it isn't , only the federal govt can designate shipping routes as they do with air routes.

You build an airport in Abia without FG consultation nah only bird go dey land there.

Let them even go ahead and build it and when they see the folly of it , they can come back and blame Lugard for our reading pleasure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by gidgiddy: 2:00pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
There's no Sea in the South East abeg

The South East can only get a River Port, and there's one in Onitsha

Wether you call it sea port or River port, what is important is how deep it is, and how close it is to the ocean

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by ojobek: 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2023
See them,they will call themselves OMOLUABI after insulting you"You get sense at all"
FSBoperator:

You get sense at all ?

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by FSBoperator: 2:04pm On Jun 30, 2023
ojobek:
I have read almost all the contributions of individual here because I want to learn new things from the topic but to my surprise,the discussion has turned to tribal war because of the way some ( lagosians) Yoruba believe it will affect Lagos and not Nigeria.Some of you are haters and for your information I am Ilesa born Engineer abi igbo dey bear KEHINDE.

Then you should go back to whatever school you finished from and ask for a refund because your comprehension skills is zero.

Besides, who asked you were you are from and how does were you come from dictate how you think ?

Only an Okoro herd of goats have this herd mentality in thinking everyone has the same reasoning ways.

If you truly are a Yoruba which I can bet my balls you are not , you will see how it was your Ibo friends that dragged me here claiming my position in telling them the folly of this their arrangement and attempts to claim waterways in the lower Niger as Biafran territory was proof I am Yoruba spoiler.

I have gone through this thread and I can smell an Okoro rat when I see one and you are one.

I saw clearly their attempts to seize ownership of territory in the lowe Niger as theirs claiming nonesenical UN charter .

You my friend are an Okoro .

2 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Cooly100: 2:07pm On Jun 30, 2023
FSBoperator:

You have been properly schooled .

You have no direct access to the ocean so stop all these nonesense.

Even your Aro chukwu slave raiding cannibal cult dared not cross into any of the territory of the lower Niger Tribes.

As it was in the past, so shall it be now and forever.

We will decide your fate and be your unwanted middlemen .

...get a life...

You that have access to the sea...how are you near an average Igbo man. in any standard?

Since morning you can never mention your tribe...hiding under names...If not Niger delta is lower niger tribes, spewing incomprehensible rash cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by FSBoperator: 2:07pm On Jun 30, 2023
ojobek:
See them,they will call themselves OMOLUABI after insulting you"You get sense at all"

See Yoruba man insulting Yoruba people

Okoro pack .

I am not Yoruba and your lame attempts at labelling me as one to shut me of won't work.

I have dashed your Biafra hopes and exposed your plans to my people .

You can continue fooling yourselves on this thread.

As for running your mouths here, I will let you know that very powerful people in govt now use NL to sample opinions .

You goats are exposing your foolishness while they use your rants here to tighten your noise .

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by FSBoperator: 2:09pm On Jun 30, 2023
Cooly100:

...get a life...

You that have access to the sea...how are you near an average Igbo man. in any standard.

Good.

We are making progress.

You now admit you have no access to the coast.

That is enough for me

Now tell me how every one in your village is a billionaire .

Mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Cooly100: 2:10pm On Jun 30, 2023
FSBoperator:

See Yoruba man insulting Yoruba people

Okoro pack .

I am not Yoruba and your lame attempts at labelling me as one to shut me of won't work.

I have dashed your Biafra hopes and exposed your plans to my people .

You can continue fooling yourselves on this thread.

As for running your mouths here, I will let you know that very powerful people in govt now use NL to sample opinions .

You goats are exposing your foolishness while they use your rants here to tighten your noise .

idiots, okoro, mumu, goats, fools...that's all you learnt in life...

No parental love...whatsoever...

I absolutely understand how it feels...you are utterly frustrated..

Do you have a girlfriend...?

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Cooly100: 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2023
FSBoperator:

Good.

We are making progress.

You now admit you have no access to the coast.

That is enough for me

Now tell me how every one in your village is a billionaire .

Mumu

65% of Nigeria-bound Containers End Up in Onitsha, Aba

THISDAYLIVE
https://www.thisdaylive.com › index.php › 2022/09/30
30 Sept 2022 — 60 to 65 per cent of the cargo that comes into this country ends up in the southeast, either Onitsha or Aba.”.

Eat your heart...out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah Calls For SE Regional Economic Development Commission / OBAZEE REPORT: TINUBU SHUNS DANGOTE, 'GO AND REFUND 3.4BIL$ COLLECTED FROM CBN' / Between Obasanjo And Atiku, Who Is The Thief?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.