Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry (29184 Views)

Why Do Igbo People Claim Yoruba Words To Be Theirs? / Help! What Do I Do With My Ancestry? / Why Do Igbo People Detest Marrying Other Tribes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:46pm On Oct 06, 2011
pleep:

What is so beautiful about dancing with human skulls on your head? This is why people have such a negative veiw of paganism.

By the Gods!!!!!! IT IS WAR DANCE, not a fashion show. they cant dance with flowers on their heads, can they??!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue

1 Like

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by tpia5: 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2011
isnt that plaid on the guy's head.

how is that traditional african.
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by exotik: 9:00pm On Oct 06, 2011
What is so beautiful about dancing with human skulls on your head? This is why people have such a negative veiw of paganism.

i dont see how that is a negative thing. christians dance with the image of a man nailed to a cross, but lemme guess, that is positive?
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by sheyguy: 10:08pm On Oct 06, 2011
htajz:

dont ever involve ijaws in such discussions again, baboon you dont even understand ethnic make up of niger delta yet you are using it as your slogan , who are you trying to deceive ,typical yoruba tout.

u r a real ars 4 dat reply, what is special about ethnic make up of the niger delta and ijaw pple. GEJ AKA "IFEANYI" is a good example of my reply u qouted.
Other example include delta ibo like obiaruku, asaba, abraka etc stop formhin like no other person can understand ND.
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2011
?
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by deadie(m): 5:03pm On Oct 07, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

By the Gods!!!!!! IT IS WAR DANCE, not a fashion show. they cant dance with flowers on their heads, can they??!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked tongue
exotik:

i dont see how that is a negative thing. christians dance with the image of a man nailed to a cross, but lemme guess, that is positive?

Perfect response guys, just perfect.
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by aloyemeka1: 4:01am On Oct 10, 2011
anonymous6:

when it comes to the Jewish and Igbo lineage theory, well I have heard about it but I never really looked into the theory or background of it. However when it comes to the Yoruba bashing threads you mentioned, it's true there are many of them, particularly with the women, but in the end of the day retaliation isn't worth it a times

1. How are you very sure that Yoruba women are bashed by Igbo men?. As far as I'm concerned, there are many Yoruba men who are very quick to throw Yoruba women under the bus when it comes to Igbo women. Hasn't tpia opened a thread here sometime early this year to address the issue?. Didn't you see the remark I made about Wale who used Igbo women as symbolism for beauty in his song[my sweetie]?. Is Wale Igbo again?. As a matter of fact, Wale grew up in America and for him to use that symbolism means he hears it from fellow Yoruba men who are more conversant with his culture and Nigeria. It is obvious he is brain washed and I am 90% sure it wasn't by an Igbo person. Sjeezy/Sbeezy/Sbuzzy/Smugu is another Yoruba boy who can quickly throw Yoruba women under the bus over an Igbo woman. Now ask yourself how many Igbo men do that to their women?.
However, I do believe in saying the truth no matter the cost to me personally but why I am against the ugly stereotyping of Yoruba women is because it is not factual as well as Igbo women being muscular and hairy.
I am responding to your post because you are more level headed that buffons like Ybutterfly who acknowledged that she is on a revenge mission . Why level headed sane people like you decided to give an insane woman who is clearly suffering from low self esteem beats me. Be careful on how you roll with this people before they pass the virus to you like they did to Ileke Idi.

2. How many Igbo women have you seen fighting usual stereotypes of being muscular and hairy here?. Compare it with the number of Yoruba women who can do anything to fight similar stereotypes of being ugly and dirty and decide for yourself who is actually suffering from low self esteem. Check Thief of hearts and how she responds to Igbos and you will notice the same low self esteem issue ripping her apart. She resorts to tantrums, insults, kicking, biting just to stay afloat. I still pray for her.

2 Likes

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by tpia5: 4:15am On Oct 10, 2011
a man who will not respect women will not respect women, period.

doesnt matter if he lists every bad thing known to mankind and says it's common in his village.

many of such people are dl anyway and later whichever woman who is tripping because he cursed out his ancestry and female relatives on her behalf, will be the same one shouting bitterly everywhere when he applies the same tactic to her.

learn to recognize red flags.

you wont say you werent warned.

1 Like

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by lakal(m): 4:51am On Oct 10, 2011
aloy/emeka:

1. How are you very sure that Yoruba women are bashed by Igbo men?. As far as I'm concerned, there are many Yoruba men who are very quick to throw Yoruba women under the bus when it comes to Igbo women. Hasn't tpia opened a thread here sometime early this year to address the issue?. Didn't you see the remark I made about Wale who used Igbo women as symbolism for beauty in his song[my sweetie]?. Is Wale Igbo again?. As a matter of fact, Wale grew up in America and for him to use that symbolism means he hears it from fellow Yoruba men who are more conversant with his culture and Nigeria. It is obvious he is brain washed and I am 90% sure it wasn't by an Igbo person. Sjeezy/Sbeezy/Sbuzzy/Smugu is another Yoruba boy who can quickly throw Yoruba women under the bus over an Igbo woman. Now ask yourself how many Igbo men do that to their women?.
However, I do believe in saying the truth no matter the cost to me personally but why I am against the ugly stereotyping of Yoruba women is because it is not factual as well as Igbo women being muscular and hairy.

Abeg where did Wale rap that in his song? Naijas and misinformation.
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by anonymous6(f): 10:21pm On Oct 10, 2011
aloy/emeka:

I am responding to your post because you are more level headed that buffons like Ybutterfly who acknowledged that she is on a revenge mission . Why level headed sane people like you decided to give an insane woman who is clearly suffering from low self esteem beats me. Be careful on how you roll with this people before they pass the virus to you like they did to Ileke Idi.

2. How many Igbo women have you seen fighting usual stereotypes of being muscular and hairy here?. Compare it with the number of Yoruba women who can do anything to fight similar stereotypes of being ugly and dirty and decide for yourself who is actually suffering from low self esteem. Check Thief of hearts and how she responds to Igbos and you will notice the same low self esteem issue ripping her apart. She resorts to tantrums, insults, kicking, biting just to stay afloat. I still pray for her.

Well we are not sure who are the ones bashing the Yoruba women in these anti-Yoruba threads but I don't think it is all Yoruba men, it doesn't have to be Igbo men either it could be other tribes. I was in one thread a month ago where a Nigerian man of one of the smaller tribes was bashing Yoruba's; I thought he was Igbo until I found out he is from another tribe, I think Ijaw if I am not mistaken.

any way I don't really talk with Ybutterfly, I just wanted to advise her that this retaliation thing isn't worth it as far as I am concerned
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 3:44pm On Oct 12, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^maybe some of you fools should get out of the thread if you have nothing to contribute to this thread; this is about igbo's and their Jewish blood
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Crayola1: 4:37pm On Oct 12, 2011
Ok do you have any DNA proof Or is Nairaland your only source?
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2011
^^^^^^^I already put the proof in my first post from the Israeli guy from the first article and other articles from igbo's themselves, go and read the articles. Here is a thread about it from a igbo man: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-775708.0.html
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Crayola1: 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2011
Yes, I saw but in this day and age you need more than just rumors, do you have any DNA evidence that links the two groups?

1 Like

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 5:04pm On Oct 12, 2011
^^^^^^^^those are not rumors, those are articles about it and some of the articles were based from igbo's claiming that they have Jewish ancestry; other people posted links of videos in the thread mentioning it so check it out.

^^^^^^^^does this look like a rumor to you:

"That the Igbos migrated from Isreal is no longer in doubt. According to Uche P. Ikeanyibe, as for geographical migrations and settlements, majority of Igbos are satisfied to accept the Israel hypothesis supported by the triple testimonies of oral tradition, Eri migration and the biblical evidence of Eri as a true historical descendant of Israel and the archaeological evidence, some of which are now lodged by Anambra state Government at Igbo-Ukwu Musem”.

Speaking on the origin of the Igbos, on behalf of Nri people, during an audience participation programme of Radio Nigeria on July 13, 1966, Ogbuefi Madubueze Enemmou was quoted as having said, “about two years ago, Israel government sent delegates to our place, Nri to confirm the historical relationship between Igbos and Hebrew people. We took Israeli officials round historical places in our town. They expressed surprise at what they observed as obvious similarities between our custom and theirs. Later, they could not help but conclude that Nri and Igbo in general are among the lost tribes of Israel”."

Where did the igbo's come from
http://www.ndigboswitzerland.org/Docs/ArticlebyMaziNwekeonoriginoftheIgbos.htm
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Crayola1: 5:15pm On Oct 12, 2011
Yes, but DNA is much more stronger than a story, some Ethiopians are genetically linked to Jewish people so that as proof of the two group being some what related.
Do you have anything but hearsay

I can claim I'm part Korean, but it means nothing without DNA proof.

1 Like

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2011
^^^^^^^^^that article is enough information for me, especially when it was igbo's & Isreali's and many of them that agreed with it from what i read from the article to the point that Jewish delegates went to igboland an confirm this; that article is in a different level from you example of claiming being part Korean you can't compare the two.

^^^^^^^^^^That article was not hearsay if Israeli government delegates would take it seriously and go to igboland and confirm it:

"Speaking on the origin of the Igbos, on behalf of Nri people, during an audience participation programme of Radio Nigeria on July 13, 1966, Ogbuefi Madubueze Enemmou was quoted as having said, “about two years ago, Israel government sent delegates to our place, Nri to confirm the historical relationship between Igbos and Hebrew people. We took Israeli officials round historical places in our town. They expressed surprise at what they observed as obvious similarities between our custom and theirs. Later, they could not help but conclude that Nri and Igbo in general are among the lost tribes of Israel”.
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Crayola1: 5:23pm On Oct 12, 2011
So hearsay is enough more than actual genetics tongue I wonder for some folks on Nairaland  undecided
A sucker is born every minute lmao

1 Like

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 5:27pm On Oct 12, 2011
^^^^^^^^hearsay from Israeli government delegates, I don't think so. If it was hearsay Israeli delegates wouldn't have gone into igboland and actually confirmed it they would have ignored it and not waste their ticket money and go to igboland at all. To you it is hearsay because you just don't want to believe it but to me it's true, especially if Israeli government white people can confirm it, when they could have just denied it.

^^^^^^^Also they are not the first Israeli's to mention this
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Crayola1: 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2011
Ybutterfly:

^^^^^^^^hearsay from Israeli government delegates, I don't think so. If it was Israeli delegates wouldn't have gone into igboland and actually confimed it they would have ignored it and not waste their ticket money and igboland at all. To you it is hearsay because you just don't want to believe it but to me it's true, especially if Israeli government whiye people can confirm it

Are there pictures of this meeting, proof from the Israeli government that this meeting took place? Then yes its hearsay.

1 Like

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 5:34pm On Oct 12, 2011
^^^^^^^ask the author of the article that question, and many articles of many things in life don't need pictures lol for proof. If it was hearsay they wouldn't have released the article. There is even a video of a Jewish man in igboland from one of the people who posted earlier in the thread. lol
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Chief Rabbi Confirm Ebos Jews and Hebrews as lost Tribe of Ephraim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsHYdL0UTR4&feature=related

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^another Jewish Rabbi man claiming that igbo are from Hebrew/jews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8WWqIuURGo
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Crayola1: 5:45pm On Oct 12, 2011
Ybutterfly:

^^^^^^^ask the author of the article that question, and many articles of many things in life don't need pictures lol for proof. If it was hearsay they wouldn't have released the article. There is even a video of a Jewish man in igboland from one of the people who posted earlier in the thread. lol

Why should I ask its you declaring that you did the research that proves it. And I would assume something of this magnitude would have literary and photographic documentation of some sort, which is traditional when delegates from one country visit another.

Its the internet, there are plenty of things online that are not true so what exactly is your point?

Yes there are pictures of Indians in Abuja, so exactly your point?

So you have a story with no secondary source to back it up, no genetic or DNA evidence of any sort to collaborate with said story, and continue to go around every thread and say Igbo people are mixed because you were offended by threads on Nairaland.

Which pretty much means someone seriously needs to get a hobby, its the internet undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 5:46pm On Oct 12, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^igbo have jewsih ancestry and it has been confirmed, you are bothered by the info not me so you should question them not me, it is true I have been offended but this doesn't change what these articles are saying

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Chief Rabbi Confirm Ebos Jews and Hebrews as lost Tribe of Ephraim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsHYdL0UTR4&feature=related

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^another Jewish Rabbi man claiming that igbo are from Hebrew/jews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8WWqIuURGo
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Crayola1: 5:51pm On Oct 12, 2011
All from the same source shocked  tongue Not surprised.
Yeah its a waste of time talking reason with some lipsrsealed

Nope I'm not bothered I just find it funny that the internet allows people to be intellectually lazy when it comes to research, that's kind of sad undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by tpia5: 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2011
no genetic or DNA evidence of any sort

that would be helpful if done and analyzed by a neutral and informed party.

and if the male ancestry could be definitively processed.

currently i believe they go by maternal dna.
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2011
^^^^^^^no their different sources they are just all Jewish or Israeli though, thanks for your time
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by amor4ce(m): 9:07pm On Oct 13, 2011
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:55pm On Oct 13, 2011
^^^ cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 4:19am On Oct 14, 2011
^^^^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Igbo's Have Mixed Ancestry by Ybutterfly: 3:03pm On Oct 19, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Get To Know The Nok Culture, Nigeria’s Oldest Known Civilization (pics) / Ondo Monarch, Oba Oloyede Adeyeoba Akinghare II Graduates From Secondary School / Soninke (serahule) People And Ghana Empire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.