Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? (4924 Views)

Can Tinubu Use His "Political Mastery" To Install His Men? - TonyeBarcanista / We Want To Severe Links With Arewa —MBF / CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by vanitybutiwanti: 3:29pm On Jul 07, 2023
kettykin:

Both are of igbo descent , Amaechi knows their story better
He knows their story better because his story aligns with your expectations. Jokers.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Stoplying: 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2023
Jogs1900:

If SS stays alone, it's okay.My maternal family are Urhobos and I know what they say.Itshekiris are Yorubas while Benin are Yorubas cousins.
Now if they are to choose between SW and SE, which region do you think they will prefer ?
1. Itshekeris are Edo, not Yoruba.
2. Benin is not "Yoruba cousin". (I don't think you even know what Benin is)

You are definitely not Urhobo, you guys in the southwest consume too much fairytales and know nothing about the most recent history.
The southsouth is a region, just like the southwest or the southeast. So why do you expect that there would be a situation where the southsouth would have to chose to subject itself to the southeast or the southwest ?
Are you crazy ?
Dude, also you keep forgetting how the Midwest voted to not be part of the western region anymore! Yet you think we would just want to be with you guys ?
You guys are crazy, southeast and southwest. Look, we in the southsouth do not need any of you, if anything, you need us, so shut your traps.

Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 07, 2023
Stoplying:

1. Itshekeris are Edo, not Yoruba.
2. Benin is not "Yoruba cousin". (I don't think you even know what Benin is)

You are definitely not Urhobo, you guys in the southwest consume too much fairytales and know nothing about the most recent history.
The southsouth is a region, just like the southwest or the southeast. So why do you expect that there would be a situation where the southsouth would have to chose to subject itself to the southeast or the southwest ?
Are you crazy ?
Dude, also you keep forgetting how the Midwest voted to not be part of the western region anymore! Yet you think we would just want to be with you guys ?
You guys are crazy, southeast and southwest. Look, we in the southsouth do not need any of you, if anything, you need us, so shut your traps.
Itshekiri are Yorubas of ijebu ancestry. They have zero Edo ancestry. Stand on your own and stop claiming people into Benin.
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Jogs1900: 7:56pm On Jul 07, 2023
tundein18:

Itshekiri are Yorubas of ijebu ancestry. They have zero Edo ancestry. Stand on your own and stop claiming people into Benin.
Dont mind him.I deliberately ignored him.Itshekiris will never say this..Even Reno Omokri, Pa Oritshejafor even Olu of Warri attested to this.
It's the royalty alone that is from Benin.
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Stoplying: 9:37pm On Jul 07, 2023
tundein18:

Now how did you get to that conclusion?
Does the concept of proving your claim even have any meaning for you ?
For your information Itshekeris is older than yebou, so how the old could be the son of the young is beyond me.
Also, I'm not claiming anybody, the previous Olu of Warri made the claim himself that Itshekeris originated from Benin.
Precolonial maps show Itshekeris as being part of Benin kingdom.

And in the 1400's it is the Olu of Warri who brought the Europeans to meet his father, the Oba of Benin.
Even the attire of the Olu of Warri is a Benin attire, along with the Benin ceremonial swords.

Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
Stoplying:

Now how did you get to that conclusion?
Does the concept of proving your claim even have any meaning for you ?
For your information Itshekeris is older than yebou, do how the old could be the son of the young is beyond me.
Also, I'm not claiming anybody, the previous Olu of Warri made the claim himself that Itshekeris originated from Benin.
Precolonial maps show Itshekeris as being part of Benin kingdom.

And in the 1400's it is the Olu of Warri who brought the Europeans to meat his father, the Oba of Benin.
Even the attire of the Olu of Warri is a Benin attire, sling with the Benin ceremonial swords.

You’re not even a real Benin. Ancient Benin were ifa people so I don’t know what kind of Benin you are with your anti Yoruba babble
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Stoplying: 11:21pm On Jul 07, 2023
tundein18:

You’re not even a real Benin. Ancient Benin were ifa people so I don’t know what kind of Benin you are with your anti Yoruba babble
🤣 You guys sniff too much fairytales in the southwest.
All you say never comes with proof.
Ife is a very new settlement compared to any city of Benin kingdom (Edda, Warri, Auchi, Lagos...). Ife was still a village in 1912 when the British started urbanising it, whereas Benin kingdom was witnessed as an empire in the 1400s. It's capital Benin city (also called Edda or Edo) is not in the sale league as Ife the village.

Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 07, 2023
Stoplying:

🤣 You guys sniff too much fairytales in the southwest.
All you say never comes with proof.
Ife is a very new settlement compared to any city if Benin kingdom (Edda, Warri, Auchi, Lagos...). Ife was still a village in 1912 when the British started urbanising it, whereas Benin kingdom was witnessed as an empire in the 1400s. Its capital Benin city (also Edda or Edo) is not in the sale league as Ife the village.
Irrelevant talk. I’m talking about the people and culture which you’re terrified of because you don’t even know anything about Benin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Stoplying: 11:39pm On Jul 07, 2023
tundein18:

Irrelevant talk. I’m talking about the people and culture which you’re terrified of because you don’t even know anything about Benin
You are talking total unsubstantiated nonesense.
I like the confidence of you lots to come and make claims about my people without proof, and when I contradict you and proved claims, you tell me that I know nothing about my people...😅 Shvt the hell up, go and make your new fairytales, leave Benin out of them this time. Focus on Egypt or Arabia, you can't use my people to create your fake history in order to hide the fact your ancestors were slaves in Brazil.
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
Stoplying:

You are talking total unsubstantiated nonesense.
I like the confidence of you lots to come and make claims about my people without proof, and when I contradict you and proved claims, you tell me that I know nothing about my people...😅 Shvt the hell up, go and make your new fairytales, leave Benin out of them this time. Focus on Egypt or Arabia, you can't use my people to create your fake history in order to hide the fact your ancestors were slaves in Brazil.
Tell your people that oduduwa is YORUBA. And Lagos is yorubaland go fix that dump called Benin city and leave us alone.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by pasuma(m): 4:20pm On Jul 12, 2023
Na GOD go punish you, SS Is different from SE.
Na so una use bad belle create Midwest, una go remain backward forever

Highlife217:
There is no SE and SS, it really should be one Eastern region.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Stoplying: 4:23pm On Jul 12, 2023
tundein18:

Tell your people that oduduwa is YORUBA. And Lagos is yorubaland go fix that dump called Benin city and leave us alone.
Lagos will never be "Yoruba land" and it never has been "yorubaland", you guys are migrants from dahomey and Brazil and fugitive slaves. The real owners of Lagos are Edo people, brothers of the Edo people in Benin city, Warri, Auchi, Esan...
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Stoplying: 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
pasuma:
Na GOD go punish you, SS Is different from SE.
Na so una use bad belle create Midwest, una go remain backward forever

We the Midwestern people created the Midwest with our votes.
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Stoplying: 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
Highlife217:
There is no SE and SS, it really should be one Eastern region.
No, you need to learn some geography.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2023
Stoplying:

Lagos will never be "Yoruba land" and it never has been "yorubaland", you guys are migrants from dahomey and Brazil and fugitive slaves. The real owners if Lagos are Edo people, brothers of the Edo people in Benin city, Warri, Auchi, Esan...
Yes thats why they only speak yoruba,egun

OldBeer:
The government of Lagos state has begun the issuance of vital information to its populace in Egun, Yoruba and English.
Critics say this new development may not be unconnected with the 2023 elections that sprung up surprises in the state.
It is yet to be seen if this will become the modus operandi of the state going forward.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2023
Stoplying:

We the Midwestern people created the Midwest with our votes.
you have only one state.
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Stoplying: 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
tundein18:

Yes thats why they only speak yoruba,egun

The owners of Lagos have become a minority in their own land after waves of floadinfmg by outsiders which started right from when the British took Lagos away from Benin.

I don't really understand what point you are trying to make with the governor's decision. I guess that if eleufai decides to issue vital information in fulani and english languages then it implies everybody in Kaduna speaks English or fulani language

Also, several things can explain how languages evolve, eventhough the likes of you want to equate similarity of language to common origin, to that I ask if we have common origin with the British ? This is the reason you guys were trying to force Yoruba language upon all the people of the western region and we said no !
You basically force people to learn and speak your language then you use the fact they speak your language to claim they migrated from Ife. We got out of western region and created our Midwest.

When a land is flooded by outsiders and the original inhabitants become s minority and the outsiders take over administration of most important sectors in the land, the original owners would usually learn the outsiders language.
Also
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Stoplying: 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2023
tundein18:

you have only one state.
Shvt up, you have nothing smart to say, because you are dumb.
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
Stoplying:

The owners of Lagos have become a minority in their own land after waves of floadinfmg by outsiders which started right from when the British took Lagos away from Benin.

I don't really understand what point you are trying to make with the governor's decision. I guess that if eleufai decides to issue vital information in fulani and english languages then it implies everybody in Kaduna speaks English or fulsni language
The owners are yorubas. the indignes are yorubas and egun. Where in lagos are your people from? Tell me just one town in lagos

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2023
Stoplying:

Shvt up, you have nothing smart to say, because you are dumb.
bini are only found in edo state in all of west africa

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Stoplying: 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2023
^^Stop quoting me, we are not from the same educational background, you don't even qualify to have a discussion with my worse students.
Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2023
Stoplying:
^^Stop quoting me, we are not from the same educational background, you don't even qualify to have a discussion with my worse students.
With your educated self name a single Edo speaking village in the history of Lagos

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by Jogs1900: 10:21pm On Jul 12, 2023
tundein18:

With your educated self name a single Edo speaking village in the history of Lagos
Oti paa lenu mo beeyen

1 Like

Re: Why Is Tinubu And His Men Trying To Severe The SE/SS Bond? by 7lives: 11:40pm On Jul 12, 2023
tundein18:

grin grin grin I'm shocked o.
So Akoko Edo and Iwere Ile " Warri " will follow Benin.
Even Igala of Kogi state are telling me they are a sub Yoruba group too.
My take is, the big and small tribes can live together in this country, without one trying to suffocate the other.
Those who want to leave should be allowed, only one way though, the way out
Leave but stay out. Peace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Owambe People Have Finished Nigeria (picture) / The Stupidity Of Westerners. / I Almost Wept When I Read ASUU's 2009 Agreement - Apc's Prof. Adeyeye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.