Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma (746 Views)

Sen Ifeanyi Ubah Restores Peace Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos State / Insecurity: FG Committed To Ensuring Peace Reigns In Nigeria - Buhari / Peace Meeting With Igbos, Yorubas In Oshodi Organized By APC Leaders, MC Oluomo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by bennybuhari: 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2023
Imo State Governor, Senator Hope Uzodimma on Friday assured Igbos living in Lagos that he would broker an enduring peace between them and the Yorubas to ensure peaceful coexistence based on mutual respect for each side.

He said he would meet with the Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo Olu, and other stakeholders to broker an enduring peace between Igbos and their Yoruba brothers.

Senator Uzodimma spoke when he met with different Igbo interest groups in Lagos amid rising tension as a result of the fallout of the 2023 general election.

The Governor described as unfortunate the misunderstanding among some Yorubas and Igbos as a result of political differences , assuring that the situation will normalize soon.

He noted that although the constitution of Nigeria guarantees everyone the right to reside in any part of the country, the owners of the land must be accorded the necessary respect.

He traced the relationship between Igbos and Yorubas to many decades, resulting in marriages and business partnerships, saying that he would work towards the renewal and strengthening of that relationship.

Uzodimma who is the Chairman of South East Governors' Forum urged them not to panic as he would lead a delegation of Igbo intelligentsia and other stakeholders in Lagos to meet with the Lagos State government and stakeholders from Lagos.

Earlier, Representatives of the various groups in Lagos had commended Governor Uzodimma for answering their distress call to wade into the crisis of confidence between them and their Yoruba brothers living in Lagos.

They canvassed the intervention of the Governor for a peaceful resolution of the misunderstanding to enable them carry out their businesses in peace under a relaxed atmosphere.

In their separate speeches, the leader of Ohanaeze Ndigbo in Lagos, Chief Sunday Osaiah, regretted the misunderstanding among some Yorubas and Igbos and described it as unfortunate.

He disclosed that Igbos in Lagos sent a distress call to Governor Uzodimma for him to leverage on his excellent relationship with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, to bring a lasting solution to the problem.

Also speaking, the President of Ndigbo Lagos, General Austin Umahi (Rtd) expressed appreciation to Governor Uzodimma for his quick response to the distress call from his brothers in Lagos. He thanked the organisers for putting the meeting together.

He assured the Governor that Igbos in Lagos were not planning to relocate outside Lagos but wanted to be guaranteed a conducive atmosphere to live and transact their businesses.

Others who spoke along the same lines include, President of Igbo Amaka, Chief Obinna Ukatu, Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa, former MD/CEO of Pfizer, Chief Obi Azodo, Chairman, Marbles Gardens Estate and
representative of the Oil and Gas Sector, Mrs. Uju Ifejika.

https://worldviewafrica.com/i-will-broker-peace-between-igbos-yorubas-in-lagos-uzodimma/

Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by taylor89(m): 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2023
Mumu

2 Likes

Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by Guyman01: 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2023
There has always been peace between Igbos and Yorubas until some primitive people from outside Lagos started claiming indigeneship of Lagos and accusing Igbos of trying to rule Lagos State even when there was no Igbo candidates or deputy in the governorship elections across all parties.

Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas and other Nigerians joined together and voted for Peter Obi and he won Lagos State but APC in order to create animosity attributed all his votes to Igbos and in utmost panic that they could lose the Governorship election embarked on a campaign of calumny against Igbos and Yorubas who are not in support of APC.

Outside recent politics Igbos and Yorubas don't have any major issues and relate very well as Kunle will not stop chasing chocolate skinned Onyinye while Ebuka is ready to die ontop Bola big yansh.

Hope Uzodinma is a politician and they are the source of the bad blood and its better they stay out and allow the people to heal and recover from the shock of events that occurred during the last elections

7 Likes

Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by hisexcellency34: 9:12pm On Jun 30, 2023
Solve problem of Monday, Monday sit at home first

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by crossfm: 9:12pm On Jun 30, 2023
Hehehe .

You can't promise to give what you don't have.

Charity they say begins at home. Let peace reign in Imo state first,then it can spread across.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:12pm On Jun 30, 2023
Very good.
Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by Dotherightthing: 9:13pm On Jun 30, 2023
Very simple

Stay out of our politics! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by talented321: 9:13pm On Jun 30, 2023
.Are u serious
Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by Ihateheadslamer: 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2023
Senator Hope Uzodimma, one among the most hated governor of his generation tongue
Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by Jostoman: 9:20pm On Jun 30, 2023
Na now day break for your side? This one is really despirate for vote in the next election grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 9:21pm On Jun 30, 2023
The war is online.

Hope Izodinma can foster good relationship among these tribes if he is ready to invest in such venture.

With an upfront of of 600 Million Naira, he could employ online bots that will start pulling both tribes together.

1 Like

Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by Nuzo1(m): 9:22pm On Jun 30, 2023
Very careless and useless talk.

There have never been any problem between the 2 groups.

APC thugs only have problem with whoever votes against Tinubu’s interest. Be it Igbo, Yoruba or Ijaw.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by LegendHero(m): 9:23pm On Jun 30, 2023
Just dey play.

Where is that Eze Kirikiri man? The fuulissh man don dey rot for prison nao and any other nuisance like him will meet the same fate. It seems other people like him respected themselves now, since they know any noise they make na Kirikiri straight then go land.

Even if Obi of Onitsha trespass for Lagos, we go lock am up.

Did anyone say there is war in Lagos before? Uzodinma is someone I like, so I’ll just let this pass.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by hisexcellency34: 9:25pm On Jun 30, 2023
Obi of Onitsha That's blasphemy
LegendHero:
Just dey play.

Where is that Eze Kirikiri man? The fuulissh man don dey rot for prison nao and any other nuisance like him will meet the same fate.

Even if Obi of Onitsha trespass in Lagos, we go lock am up.

Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by waynetee(m): 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2023
Igbos are within our control, kiri kiri and beatings dey for anyone that trespass!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by MrColdsweat: 9:29pm On Jun 30, 2023
This enwe is the worst thing to happen to ndi imo.
Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by Jostoman: 9:29pm On Jun 30, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
The war is online.

Hope Izodinma can foster good relationship among these tribes if he is ready to invest in such venture.

With an upfront of of 600 Million Naira, he could employ online bots that will start pulling both tribes together.
grin you want the remaining imo youths to vote for him after what happen to imo state youths in his last 4 years. Some people really wicked.
Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by 9gerian: 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2023
Hopefully, all sides sheath their swords. At the end of the day, all humans are individuals trying to find their ways individually, and hence should all agreeably desist from blanket coloring of any set of people.

There are good people everywhere. Same with bad people.

bennybuhari:
Imo State Governor, Senator Hope Uzodimma on Friday assured Igbos living in Lagos that he would broker an enduring peace between them and the Yorubas to ensure peaceful coexistence based on mutual respect for each side.

He said he would meet with the Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo Olu, and other stakeholders to broker an enduring peace between Igbos and their Yoruba brothers.

Senator Uzodimma spoke when he met with different Igbo interest groups in Lagos amid rising tension as a result of the fallout of the 2023 general election.

The Governor described as unfortunate the misunderstanding among some Yorubas and Igbos as a result of political differences , assuring that the situation will normalize soon.

He noted that although the constitution of Nigeria guarantees everyone the right to reside in any part of the country, the owners of the land must be accorded the necessary respect.

He traced the relationship between Igbos and Yorubas to many decades, resulting in marriages and business partnerships, saying that he would work towards the renewal and strengthening of that relationship.

Uzodimma who is the Chairman of South East Governors' Forum urged them not to panic as he would lead a delegation of Igbo intelligentsia and other stakeholders in Lagos to meet with the Lagos State government and stakeholders from Lagos.

Earlier, Representatives of the various groups in Lagos had commended Governor Uzodimma for answering their distress call to wade into the crisis of confidence between them and their Yoruba brothers living in Lagos.

They canvassed the intervention of the Governor for a peaceful resolution of the misunderstanding to enable them carry out their businesses in peace under a relaxed atmosphere.

In their separate speeches, the leader of Ohanaeze Ndigbo in Lagos, Chief Sunday Osaiah, regretted the misunderstanding among some Yorubas and Igbos and described it as unfortunate.

He disclosed that Igbos in Lagos sent a distress call to Governor Uzodimma for him to leverage on his excellent relationship with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, to bring a lasting solution to the problem.

Also speaking, the President of Ndigbo Lagos, General Austin Umahi (Rtd) expressed appreciation to Governor Uzodimma for his quick response to the distress call from his brothers in Lagos. He thanked the organisers for putting the meeting together.

He assured the Governor that Igbos in Lagos were not planning to relocate outside Lagos but wanted to be guaranteed a conducive atmosphere to live and transact their businesses.

Others who spoke along the same lines include, President of Igbo Amaka, Chief Obinna Ukatu, Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa, former MD/CEO of Pfizer, Chief Obi Azodo, Chairman, Marbles Gardens Estate and
representative of the Oil and Gas Sector, Mrs. Uju Ifejika.

https://worldviewafrica.com/i-will-broker-peace-between-igbos-yorubas-in-lagos-uzodimma/
Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by kayperry: 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2023
When you come online you see underage kids bragging and beating chests whereas their fathers and leaders are going behind to beg

Children of hate will come here to tell us they didnt send dem, afterall Lagos is no man's land

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2023
Jostoman:
grin you want the remaining imo youths to vote for him after what happen imo state youths in his last 4 years. Some people really wicked.

He is going to win. Uzodinma has no opposition.

He has paid his dues already.
Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by BentizilL: 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2023
Guyman01:
There has always been peace between Igbos and Yorubas until some primitive people from outside Lagos started claiming indigeneship of Lagos and accusing Igbos of trying to rule Lagos State even when there was no Igbo candidates or deputy in the governorship elections across all parties.

Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas and other Nigerians joined together and voted for Peter Obi and he won Lagos State but APC in order to create animosity attributed all his votes to Igbos and in utmost panic that they could lose the Governorship election embarked on a campaign of calumny against Igbos and Yorubas who are not in support of APC.

Outside recent politics Igbos and Yorubas don't have any major issues and relate very well as Kunle will not stop chasing chocolate skinned Onyinye while Ebuka is ready to die ontop Bola big yansh.

Hope Uzodinma is a politician and they are the source of the bad blood and its better they stay out and allow the people to heal and recover from the shock of events that occurred during the last elections
I'm partly Yoruba and I'm bold to say Omoluabi are one everywhere on Yorubaland... I pity people trying to cause religion division among Yoruba... grin Same way I shake my for you saying Yoruba from another state, it's just rubbish talk by outsiders to massage their ego... tongue

Stay out of South West politics or go home, the message has been clear from the beginning... Igbo may not be lucky next time...💯

I rise kiss

5 Likes

Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by bennybuhari: 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2023
I heard LP is the strongest party in Imo
SangoOlukosoOba:

He is going to win. Uzodinma has no opposition.

He has paid his dues already.
Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by gratefulheart(m): 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2023
Igbos sponsored Chinadu of labour party and other candidates who are Igbos in labour party for an election in Yoruba land that you know and they claimed Lagos is no man's land which is laughable.

Can Igbos accept that in south east? ...Enugu people will not even allow Abia person to contest in Enugu and vice versa how much more an outside?
Can Igbos try it in the North?

Igbo should stay away from Lagos (Yoruba politics) politics if they want to contest for any election they should go to their state. This nonsense will not happen in 2027. Enough is enough.

Guyman01:

6 Likes

Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by totit: 9:50pm On Jun 30, 2023
LegendHero:
Just dey play.

Where is that Eze Kirikiri man? The fuulissh man don dey rot for prison nao and any other nuisance like him will meet the same fate. It seems other people like him respected themselves now since they know any noise they make na Kirikiri straight then go land.

Even if Obi of Onitsha trespass for Lagos, we go lock am up.

Did anyone say there is war in Lagos before? Uzodinma is someone I like, so I’ll just let this pass.

@ boldened, absolutely, and in fact, he would be flogged mercilessly. I saw the OP Tweet on Twitter, and you see? Whilst their jobless and useless mobs rant about on social media NL here is one of their leaders begging Soonsolu for pardon and mercy.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 9:51pm On Jun 30, 2023
bennybuhari:
I heard LP is the strongest party in Imo

LP 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Even if all Imolites vote for LP, Uzodinma will still win.

It’s that guaranteed

2 Likes

Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by LegendHero(m): 9:53pm On Jun 30, 2023
totit:

@ boldened, absolutely, and in fact, he would be flogged mercilessly. I saw the OP Tweet on Twitter, and you see? Whilst their jobless and useless mobs rant about on social media NL here is one of their leaders begging Soonsolu for pardon and mercy.

They no born them well not to beg.

Sanwoolu should have told them to drag Obi of Onitsha to Lagos to come and beg properly before he can even listen to their demand.

As gentle as Sanwoolu is, he is more relevant than any Obi Onitsha dead or alive.
Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by goodnessme1(f): 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2023
Mumu is talking.

Who's begging for peace with people that love to hate Igbos.
Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by LegendHero(m): 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2023
goodnessme1:
Mumu is talking.

Who's begging for peace with people that love to hate Igbos.

Na you poor Ibo running your mouth online I pity.

All your leaders are in Lagos today prostrating to Sanwoolu. While you poor hungry kids online are abusing the same Sanwoolu.

8 Likes

Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by Wutinky: 10:13pm On Jun 30, 2023
LegendHero:

Na you poor Ibo running your mouth online I pity.

All your leaders are in Lagos today prostrating to Sanwoolu. While you poor hungry kids online are abusing the same Sanwoolu.

Look at this nonentity talking, I heard you have been promoted to stipend of 60k to work both day and night .... Ewedu gbegiri muncher grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by Raskimonojendor: 10:15pm On Jun 30, 2023
I hope he could also help us get rid of these troublesome "SE based" Nairaland and twitter ibos. They are the one causing problems because they have nothing to lose. The SW born and bred ibos are cool with the yorubas.
Re: I Will Ensure Peace Reigns Between Igbos And Yorubas In Lagos - Uzodimma by LegendHero(m): 10:18pm On Jun 30, 2023
Wutinky:

Look at this nonentity talking, I heard you have been promoted to stipend of 60k to work both day and night .... Ewedu gbegiri muncher grin grin grin

At least I still see 60k.

You can’t even see 10k per month from your lizard picking business in Abakaliki.

You better beg for food so you can eat this evening so you no go die of hunger like those Kwashikor keeds.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senior Nigeria Police Officers Wearing Badges Of Local Police In Other Countries / Peter Obi Was 50 In 2013, How Is He 62 Now In 2023. Apc & Tinubu Supported Drag / Kwara:multiple Cracks On Yet-to-be Completedtanke Flyover Create Panic Inilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.