Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident (23226 Views)

The Real Truth About The Travellers Killed In Jos / Names Of 26 Travellers Killed In Jos North, 34 Others Still Missing / 25 Travellers Killed In Jos By Bandits (2) (3) (4)

Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by charlizonto: 9:41am On Jul 01, 2023
Will they be able to repair the lives that were lost..??

Always waiting for disaster to happen before their eyes are finally opened

Typical Nigerian undecided
Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by Bigchristo: 9:46am On Jul 01, 2023
ojun50:
government was ready to repair deplorable federal roads across the state to prevent accidents and waste of time on the roads.

After the accident abi
The accident wasn’t caused by bad roads, it was the result of hard drugs being taken by Dangote truck drivers after they took tramadol or other illicit drugs they look at people like ant, if they had an accident they simply disappear from the scene, after all Dangote trucks are insured then is left for the victims and insurance company to go on a legal battle and you can’t win them because they have the connection and the finances, those Dangote truck drivers needs to be stopped they are killing Nigerians.

I had one experience when me n my guy Chris were traveling the truck were competing with each other on the road and the other one ran to our lane there wasn’t an option left for us than to run into the bush to avoid collision

Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by atheistandproud(m): 9:52am On Jul 01, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Heard that story

It was really damnnn

You are not a real niggar

It was Benin-lagos Road niggar

That road belongs to federal government

Have you seen Benin-abuja own that one is worse niggar
Apc Buhari tinubu's administration is a disaster

There's no Benin Abuja road sha

It's Benin-Auchi-Okene-Lokoja-Abuja-Kaduna expressway. Na A1 federal highway as you've correctly said.

The Okene part is a muddy mess! I don come down from bus at 2am for that useless place dey push bus commot from pothole. Yeye Bello state.

Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by oladipuposadeeq(m): 9:52am On Jul 01, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
They'll always mourn but can't do nothing to fix the bad roads allover Edo state very irresponsible government angry
don't mind them but if na one of their person I mean like pikin, wife or very very close associates, they go do the road sharperly bunch of callous entities
Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by seniorgozman(m): 9:56am On Jul 01, 2023
I don't understand this issue of federal roads and state roads. Do the needful and find a way to generate money for the project. Individuals are repairing streets in the town and state government never refunded them

Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by ojun50(m): 10:11am On Jul 01, 2023
Bigchristo:
The accident wasn’t caused by bad roads, it was the result of hard drugs being taken by Dangote truck drivers after they took tramadol or other illicit drugs they look at people like ant, if they had an accident they simply disappear from the scene, after all Dangote trucks are insured then is left for the victims and insurance company to go on a legal battle and you can’t win them because they have the connection and the finances, those Dangote truck drivers needs to be stopped they are killing Nigerians.

I had one experience when me n my guy Chris were traveling the truck were competing with each other on the road and the other one ran to our lane there wasn’t an option left for us than to run into the bush to avoid collision
Doctor wey run test.
Any way the government need to do more concerning the truck drivers and the bad road.
Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by Originalsly: 10:11am On Jul 01, 2023
Maybe something wrong with me ... but how can bad road be responsible for this accident? If the road is bad ... one cannot speed .... and there is this smash up that took so many lives ... what will happen if the road is good? The problem is the drivers. What are the consequences? "The driver ran away" always seems to be the case. Do the Police ever go after the registered owner of the vehicle?
If these reckless drivers aren't being charged and sentenced then this reckless driving and waste of lives will continue. In saner climes the driver will be tracked down and be facing 11 counts of manslaughter among other charges and depending on the State... he will likely be sentenced to life imprisonment.... or death sentence.

Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by ojun50(m): 10:12am On Jul 01, 2023
free2ryhme:

You must be living under a rock. that section of highway road if fully tared both lanes

Tell me more about benin to lagos road
Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by ComeToJesus: 10:20am On Jul 01, 2023
And these were Salvation Army pastors returning to their base in Akwaibom after a programme in Lagos. Some families lost as much as three persons. Husband and little baby died leaving only the young mother.

Nigeria keeps play ludo with the lives of citizens with terrible roads.

May their souls rest. Extremely sad.

Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by EvansU: 10:28am On Jul 01, 2023
Bidema:
I want no bad news in this second Quarter of the year.

It’s second half of the year and it’s third quarter.
Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by FireUpNow(m): 10:29am On Jul 01, 2023
Medicine after death
Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by free2ryhme: 10:33am On Jul 01, 2023
ojun50:

Tell me more about benin to lagos road

enter Edegbe Lagos to Benin or Benin to Lagos, experience is the best teacher
Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by Randy111(m): 10:45am On Jul 01, 2023
There is also that death trap called federal road along ekpoma axis. Please let them also try to repair it.
Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by Bigchristo: 10:57am On Jul 01, 2023
ojun50:

Doctor wey run test.
Any way the government need to do more concerning the truck drivers and the bad road.
Pay close attention to them you will understand what I’m saying.
Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by FireUpNow(m): 11:06am On Jul 01, 2023
Na today?Medicine after death
Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by kaludestiny10(m): 11:10am On Jul 01, 2023
That Ovia river don suck plenty blood. That bridge is a short but narrow one and the rails are all gone. Accidents do occur there regularly.

Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by ojun50(m): 11:13am On Jul 01, 2023
free2ryhme:

enter Edegbe Lagos to Benin or Benin to Lagos, experience is the best teacher

Lolz
Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by Ebenco84: 11:13am On Jul 01, 2023
Government should fix our road oh, we are tired of Accident everytime.
Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by enomakos(m): 11:15am On Jul 01, 2023
Janiobi:
Sacrifice. Blood money
hmm
That all you can say?
Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by enomakos(m): 11:20am On Jul 01, 2023
Keeps trucks out of our roads pls
Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by Quebec91(m): 11:23am On Jul 01, 2023
wink
ojun50:
government was ready to repair deplorable federal roads across the state to prevent accidents and waste of time on the roads.

After the accident abi
Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by wisz1(m): 11:23am On Jul 01, 2023
ojun50:

After the accident abi

The deputy is preparing himself for next year's governorship race.

I believe this issue of bad roads and many others around the State have been in the media. No, now they break.
Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by Nazgul: 11:47am On Jul 01, 2023
This road has claimed the lives of thousands...may their souls rest in peace.
Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by bjtinz: 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2023
kaludestiny10:
That Ovia river don suck plenty blood. That bridge is a short but narrow one and the rails are all gone. Accidents do occur there regularly.

Hmmm. As in eh! Do you know I tried searching YouTube for the video and as I typed 'Ovia accident' was shocked at numerous results that popped up. Some as far back 2020! This year alone about 2 accidents already. And it seems to be that particular portion

Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by BscHolder: 12:01pm On Jul 01, 2023
folake4u:

Yes. A baby died.
pathetic and those victims are my neighbors o.
Btw your dp is it a movie?
If yes please what's the title.
Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by folake4u(f): 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2023
BscHolder:
pathetic and those victims are my neighbors o.
Btw your dp is it a movie?
If yes please what's the title.

Oh my! Sorry to hear that.

No, it is not a movie. Just pure art.

Re: Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident by Tenumootito: 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2023
It is when things like this happen that govt will mourn. Our govt are not proactive. The express way needs maintenance. Some part of the bridges are very bad....
Govt fix it.

Did Kaduna Tribunal Sack Uba Sani? (Fact Check) / Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2016) / 2019: 3rd Force Unites Against APC, PDP, As Agbakoba’s PT Signs Pact With Obj’s