Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � (18498 Views)

What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? / Would Work In An Organisation... / How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Oyindamolah: 10:23am On Jul 01, 2023
How long is long enough to remain with an organisation? 🤔
As an HR professional, I understand the importance of considering various factors when determining how long is long enough to remain in the same role or with the same organisation.

Here are my top four:
Mental Health: If you are experiencing consistent stress, burnout, or a decline in your mental health due to your current role, it may be a sign that it's time for a change. Staying in a position that negatively impacts #mentalhealth can have long-term consequences, affecting both personal and professional life.

Learning and Growth: If a role no longer offers opportunities to acquire new skills, expand knowledge, or progress in your #career, it might be beneficial to explore other options. By seeking new challenges and experiences, you can enhance your marketability and advance your career.

Compensation and Recognition: If your salaries are being owed or you are paid way below the industry average for your role and there’s no growth in sight, it might be time to explore other opportunities. It’s also important to consider leaving if your organisation rewards the wrong behaviors (toxic corporate politics)

Job Fit and Alignment: If there is a significant misalignment with your long term goals, values and passion, exploring new opportunities that better align might lead to greater job satisfaction and overall happiness.

While #job hopping was traditionally viewed negatively, the current #employment landscape is evolving. It is important to recognize that job changes can be a #strategic decision and not just a reflection of one's loyalty or commitment.

Dear professionals, I’m happy to hear your thoughts around this, what other factors would you consider in making a decision to remain with an organisation 😊

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Henry22(m): 10:35am On Jul 01, 2023
To me as long as the good money keeps coming or when I hv something better....

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by aieromon(m): 11:08am On Jul 01, 2023
Words on marble

54 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Hamachi(f): 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2023
As long as they keep increasing salary with the realities on ground.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Flora2Sweet: 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2023
Don't leave your comfort zone oooo... no work for Nigeria oo

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Theboss001: 2:17pm On Jul 01, 2023
People way sabi, can this acclaimed 50k mah powerbank from oraimo work for a laptop.
Am tryna get one for me laptop, has anyone used it?

2 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by taylor89(m): 2:17pm On Jul 01, 2023
once I save up money to relocate to Canada or Germany voom

80% of Nigerian companies or firm is NOT worth dying for

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by slawomir: 2:18pm On Jul 01, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Compensation and recognition is all that matters

The rest are dogshitt

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by babaRUNtinz(m): 2:18pm On Jul 01, 2023
As long as you are tired of making money...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Abolodje: 2:18pm On Jul 01, 2023
Twenty five years minimum!!
Loyalty or nothing.

6 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by free2ryhme: 2:20pm On Jul 01, 2023
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=124141253][/quote]
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by AImiron: 2:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
Till death do una apart

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by jaeyking(m): 2:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
As long as your needs are met and it has no negative impact on you

4 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by wunmi590(m): 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2023

As long as they understand the value of your presence, I'm not sure there's need for you to rush out from your comfort zone...

I also believe every individuals have a set goal while in a company, as long as you haven't achieved your goal, I don't see reason why you should run out..

The Devil you know is better than the Angel you don't

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by parkervero(m): 2:23pm On Jul 01, 2023
Let me pitch my tent here

1 Share

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by fabolouz1(m): 2:23pm On Jul 01, 2023
When you are no longer happy.

9 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by b3llo(m): 2:23pm On Jul 01, 2023
5 years
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Edipet(m): 2:23pm On Jul 01, 2023
As long as the pay rises
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by nairalee(m): 2:23pm On Jul 01, 2023
Till see finish enter.

Mine started with when my boss sent me to buy recharge card.

I knew if I keep quet, by next week he'll send me to buy beans, next month he'll send me to wash car and by next year I'll be washing his wife's pant.

Na gradually See finish dey grow

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Hamachi(f): 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2023
taylor89:
once I save up money to relocate to Canada or Germany voom

80% of Nigerian companies or firm is worth dying for
is worth dying for ke?

5 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Hamachi(f): 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2023
shocked
b3llo:
5 years
grin
Abolodje:
Twenty five years minimum!!
Loyalty or nothing.
werey
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by paymentvoucher: 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2023
Until you see signs that your services are no appreciated and compensated.

9 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by BucketMan: 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2023
Exactly what I needed at the moment, I've decided to quit my job next week Monday effective immediately... We shall all succeed by the grace of God.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by EriMma1: 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2023
As long as youve gotten a better option. Zap!

6 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Abolodje: 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2023
Hamachi:
;Dwerey
Your mother is a werey😹
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Hamachi(f): 2:27pm On Jul 01, 2023
Abolodje:

Your mother is a werey😹
Aye e ti ba je
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by EMMARNUEL: 2:27pm On Jul 01, 2023
1 year hiqhest, if you dey pass 1 year, you be mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Harrynight(m): 2:28pm On Jul 01, 2023
cool

Loyalty is 2sided thing,

So as long as the other party (the organisation) stays loyal...

3 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by paymentvoucher: 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2023
BucketMan:
Exactly what I needed at the moment, I've decided to quit my job next week Monday effective immediately... We shall all succeed by the grace of God.

All the best. But getting Job right now is though oh

2 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by paymentvoucher: 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2023
EMMARNUEL:
1 year hiqhest, if you dey pass 1 year, you be mumu

Funny comments so far. Maybe your salary is nothing to write home about

6 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by paymentvoucher: 2:30pm On Jul 01, 2023
EriMma1:
As long as you not gotten a better option. Half bread is better than none

Apt!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

From No Job To 3 Job Offers (success Story) / La Casera Company Plc Fresh Job Recruitment (3 Positions) / N-EXIT Training Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.