Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,767 members, 7,813,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � (18495 Views)

What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? / Would Work In An Organisation... / How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by xristos(m): 2:31pm On Jul 01, 2023
hmmm
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Segzy19: 2:32pm On Jul 01, 2023
As long as you earn your living to feed yourself, your family members and live a reasonable life.
As long as you fill fulfilled working with the organisation. No hard and fast rule about it....

After all, people work in public service for all there entire life.

Life is Life!
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by crossbreedwears(m): 2:32pm On Jul 01, 2023
25 years for one man business?? Are you sure you're okay??
Abolodje:
Twenty five years minimum!!
Loyalty or nothing.

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Mindlog: 2:33pm On Jul 01, 2023
When it stops offering me growth.

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by BucketMan: 2:33pm On Jul 01, 2023
paymentvoucher:

All the best. But getting Job right now is though oh
I realize that, and already have some potential offers, if none comes through then it'll be a good time to take a career break before getting back at it.

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Quebec91(m): 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2023
cheesy
Flora2Sweet:
Don't leave your comfort zone oooo... no work for Nigeria oo
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by judedwriter(m): 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2023
As long as you are irreplaceable.

Once you are replaceable, find your way out before you are sacked or mistreated.

8 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by EMMARNUEL: 2:42pm On Jul 01, 2023
paymentvoucher:

Funny comments so far. Maybe your salary is nothing to write home about
I am nt a salary earner..
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by pocohantas(f): 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2023
A lot of things that I would factor in.
Asides growth and pay, there is peace of mind.
I have considered porting to an American firm because they tend to pay more, but they rarely give peace of mind. So, until I have no choice than to work with them, I rather be where I am.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by handsomeyitayo(m): 2:47pm On Jul 01, 2023
taylor89:
once I save up money to relocate to Canada or Germany voom

80% of Nigerian companies or firm is NOT worth dying for
God bless you
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by imagrg(m): 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2023
35 years.
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by naturefellow(m): 2:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
Great post!
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by paymentvoucher: 2:59pm On Jul 01, 2023
BucketMan:
I realize that, and already have some potential offers, if none comes through then it'll be a good time to take a career break before getting back at it.

But why don’t you stay till when you get those offers. Just thinking out loud

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by etrange: 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2023
taylor89:
once I save up money to relocate to Canada or Germany voom

[b]80% of Nigerian companies or firm is NOT worth dying for
[/b]

Hhmm.... so are the other 20% of Nigerian companies worth dying for? Are the German/Canadian companies are worth dying for?
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Eriokanmi: 3:12pm On Jul 01, 2023
When your mind is telling you to leave.
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Lanre1st(m): 3:27pm On Jul 01, 2023
As long as you are happy with their activities
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Larryton(m): 3:38pm On Jul 01, 2023
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=124141253][/quote]

As long as you are comfortable working with the company, if they are paying you well and you are meeting your family and social needs, I don't think there's point in searching for what is not lost, except you are the type that get bored doing same thing for too long or you like trying out new things, it's better to stay with a company that treats you well by building your career with them and later establish your own at the right time.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by adisacool: 3:42pm On Jul 01, 2023
Maximum 5 years, you will be valued and you will train people that will be your boss which is a threat to your personal peace.
When you move across organisations, you get more value due to versatile experiences gained in different roles.

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Ororocelemi(m): 3:51pm On Jul 01, 2023
I think this topic was made for me
My indian Boss makes work from Monday to Saturday, a job I can do remotely.
I'm trying to move, I got a raise early this year cos I wanted to move and they wouldn't let go of me, they are trying to drain me due to the raise. I refused going to work on Friday and had a heated quarrel with him through the phone 📱 I made sure I worked from home without his consent.
I go shock am when I resign since he has refused to be reasonable

3 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by CJStarz: 3:55pm On Jul 01, 2023
Go to where the grass is greener
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Kemadealadire(f): 4:17pm On Jul 01, 2023
5years if it's private.
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Stevengold(m): 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2023
imagrg:
35 years.

Set mouth 👄 like 35 years, how long u come get to live on earth 🌎?
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Abolodje: 4:53pm On Jul 01, 2023
Hamachi:
Aye e ti ba je
Aye daddy e ma ba je ni werey omo
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by anochuko01(m): 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2023
I'll say 2 years max for "stepping stone" jobs. And minimum 5yrs for dream jobs.

My current job promotes every three years, though I don't know how much salary increase comes with it, but I'll consider quiting if the new pay doesn't match the value I bring.

I'll keep searching for job till I find one that'll pay me in 6 figures
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by Emma1Oj(m): 5:08pm On Jul 01, 2023
Flora2Sweet:
Don't leave your comfort zone oooo... no work for Nigeria oo
if it's toxic, move on.

Work is not available, only to those who believe there's no work. Pple are getting jobs each day.

6 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by xakakes: 5:12pm On Jul 01, 2023
Loyalty without reward is slavery

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by MrBroke(m): 5:15pm On Jul 01, 2023
2 days
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by actright2(m): 5:30pm On Jul 01, 2023
As long as mutual benefits last.
Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by opeldavid: 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2023
As long as they keep treating you fine and you have peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by BucketMan: 5:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
Emma1Oj:
if it's toxic, move on.

Work is not available, only to those who believe there's no work. Pple are getting jobs each day.
Exactly, it's terrible how Nigerians deliberately decide to live a mediocre life.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Is Long Enough To Remain With An Organisation? � by phemmyfour: 7:23pm On Jul 01, 2023
Oyindamolah:
If a role no longer offers opportunities to acquire new skills, expand knowledge, or progress in your #career, it might be beneficial to explore other options
No 2 is key

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

From No Job To 3 Job Offers (success Story) / La Casera Company Plc Fresh Job Recruitment (3 Positions) / N-EXIT Training Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.