Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,050 members, 7,814,603 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Don’t Panic, No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎700 – IPMAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Panic, No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎700 – IPMAN (464 Views)

Don’t Panic Over Troops Movement, Gunshots, Nigerian Army Calms Sokoto Residents / Godwin Emefiele: Don’t Panic; No Nigerian Bank Is Distressed / ‘Don’t Panic’; Air Force Begins Training For Aerial Displays In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Panic, No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎700 – IPMAN by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:34am On Jul 01, 2023
The Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) has denied the alleged plan by the association to increase the pump price of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), also known as petrol, to N700 per litre nationwide.
NAN reported that the Chairman of IPMAN Southwest Zone, Dele Tajudeen, made the clarification in an interview in Ibadan on Friday.

He urged Nigerians to disregard the speculation and not engage in panic buying.

Tajudeen stressed that the product’s price would not be more than what is being sold presently.

He commended President Bola Tinubu for removing the subsidy on petrol, adding that it was long overdue.

“Even in the PIA bill, it has been clearly stated that the subsidy must be removed. So, I want to commend him for removing the subsidy and say that we are in support. It is because the subsidy was a scam.”

He said the slight increase in pump price was because of the transportation cost and that Nigerians should be at rest as the commodity will not be out of reach for the masses.

“I want to disabuse the people’s mind that they should not panic about it; there is no cause for alarm, we are in control and nothing like that.

So, people should be assured that there is no way they can buy petrol more than the price it is being sold now.

“If we look at the price from NNPC retail limited, which is an integral part of NNPC limited, they have more advantages than independent marketers and major marketers.

” So, it was the retail price that they announced they had never given a specific price to the independent marketers.

However, I have read what somebody put in the paper; it is just speculation and not a reality. Nothing like that; I want to assure the masses.

There is no way the price can go to N700 as we speak because even if the FX is N700 or N800, that has nothing to take the price of petroleum from N500 to N700,” Tajudeen said.

Meanwhile, a coalition of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) had vowed to resist the alleged planned increase in the pump price of petrol.
Source; https://dailypost.ng/2023/07/01/dont-panic-no-plans-to-increase-fuel-pump-price-to-n700-per-litre-ipman-tells-nigerians/

Re: Don’t Panic, No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎700 – IPMAN by Xscape1993(m): 10:35am On Jul 01, 2023
What will be will surely be....

1 Like

Re: Don’t Panic, No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎700 – IPMAN by Belteshazzar1: 10:47am On Jul 01, 2023
Honestly people just panic..
This 1month reign of tinubu has shaked nigeria..
Re: Don’t Panic, No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎700 – IPMAN by Salary: 10:48am On Jul 01, 2023

**Times is rough and tough like leather!!
**Thanks to the destroyer!! President "Hurricane" Bola Ahmed Tinubu!!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Panic, No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎700 – IPMAN by crossfm: 11:05am On Jul 01, 2023
Hehehe.

Now that they have come out to debunk the claim gives me more reason to even believe that fuel price is about to move up.

Let's be truthful for once in this country,there is no way the dollar rate will not effect the price of fuel.

Our refineries are not working,so for the time being we should expect a rise in fuel price.
Re: Don’t Panic, No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎700 – IPMAN by muykem: 11:05am On Jul 01, 2023
People are no longer buy fuel like that again.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Panic, No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎700 – IPMAN by KingOfIsoko1: 12:26pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dele frm SW Ipman, yorubas and politics of tribalism
Re: Don’t Panic, No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎700 – IPMAN by NeloNelo: 3:20pm On Jul 01, 2023
KingOfIsoko1:
Dele frm SW Ipman, yorubas and politics of tribalism

IPMAN Tells Nigerians To Not Panic Buy, They Have No Plans To Increase Petrol Price

https://thegisthouse.com/ipman-tells-nigerians-to-not-panic-buy-they-have-no-plans-to-increase-petrol-price/
Re: Don’t Panic, No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎700 – IPMAN by Flets: 3:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
Believe this rubbish at your own peril.

Infact, why should IPMAN be speaking for all marketers in a free market?, are marketers not supposed to source products anywhere and sell at a price?,

Are we still talking about price fixing with subsidy removed?….. Nigeria na fraud I swear.

Let’s be clear, the price of PMS from refineries are already fixed and the pump price of PMS in countries without subsidies are already known…. There are no hidden info

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

FUEL WILL NOT SELL LESS THAN 1USD PER LITER BY AUGUST 2023. The I/E market rate will determine the exchange rate. Nigerians will buy PMS for 760/800 naira per liter in less than 2 months.

Don’t argue… just quote me wrong in August 2023.

The real suffering is coming. Nigerian must stand up to fight for their lives or prepare to die of hardship, no alternatives.
Re: Don’t Panic, No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎700 – IPMAN by NzogbuNzogbu: 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2023
Mr "tajudeen" you are doing Taqiqya for your Yoruba Muslim president

We always know how it has been ending up, tinubu naturally loves tarrifs hike since his gov days.

Anyway this fuel increase would favour me and my family as always
Re: Don’t Panic, No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎700 – IPMAN by ecolime(m): 3:32pm On Jul 01, 2023
Now that fuel is more expensive in Nigeria than its neighbours. It's time for the wise ones in border towns to start reverse smuggling.

Lets buy from Benin, Niger, etc and sell here. It's time to reverse roles and cash out. We have the numbers, lets bleed the old leeches in return.
Re: Don’t Panic, No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎700 – IPMAN by obi4eze(m): 3:36pm On Jul 01, 2023
grin
Re: Don’t Panic, No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎700 – IPMAN by Adurax: 3:37pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dey play
Re: Don’t Panic, No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎700 – IPMAN by Flets: 3:56pm On Jul 01, 2023
Propaganda has limits, people are barely struggling to survive
Re: Don’t Panic, No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎700 – IPMAN by ovieigho(m): 3:57pm On Jul 01, 2023
Lol
They made it seems like the #500 is suitable…

Nigerians got what they deserved

Govt of propaganda
Re: Don’t Panic, No Plans To Increase Fuel Pump Price To ₦‎700 – IPMAN by Opanka44(m): 4:00pm On Jul 01, 2023
Naso una dey talk. Evil people everywhere. The hardship is unbelievable I swear. I wish I Never existed

(1) (Reply)

Why Was Ojukwu Compelling Bendel Ibo Chiefs To Rewrite Their History ? / Wike Is The Governor Of FCT State, 37th Nigerian State, Congratulations Sir / Enough Of Dangote Monopoly Of Nigeria Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.