Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets (20988 Views)

Consumers Lament As Food Prices Rise 30% In Eight State's / Ramadan: Prices Of Tomato, Pepper Rise By 60% In Lagos / Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Wildkat02: 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2023
πŸ˜‚ it’s favoring me and my family

1 Like

Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Dybala11(m): 8:15pm On Jul 01, 2023
ahnie:
I usually alternate with sachet tomato paste
I hate that sachet tomato with perfect hatred now, the last time I tasted it was years ago while I was still an undergraduate.
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by mariahAngel(f): 8:20pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dybala11:

I hate that sachet tomato with perfect hatred now, the last time I tasted it was years ago while I was still an undergraduate.

It's the perfect hatred for me. 🀣

Why do you no longer like it?
Did you overuse it?
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Onuoha1234(m): 8:29pm On Jul 01, 2023
Southern farmers stop waiting for tomato from Kano.Stop the lamentations on Ebola or whatever sSouthern farmers in !iNigeria always want to be spoon fed, Go start growing on other fruits not just tomato.Even common groundnut and banana the don't produce!
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by sonnie10: 8:40pm On Jul 01, 2023
Ebubu7:
if sufficient tomatoe seeds are planted in season of tomato and there is storage to sustain the excess through non-tomatoe season there will be no scarcity.

Can’t believe you don’t know this
You are not making sense.

Oga, how do you store fresh tomatoes? They are naturally perishable and there is no technology yet to keep tomato fruits for even 2 weeks.

Even, if you have harvest enough to last for 10 years, they will all spoil in a short period, except you process them to paste, which most people don't like. So that is the problem.

If you can solve that storage issue, and keep them fresh, you would be our tomato hero!

1 Like

Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Maryam1234(f): 8:48pm On Jul 01, 2023
Please you people should come and buy dry tomato grin

Dry Tomato
Dry Shombo
Dry Tatase (Red Bell Pepper)
Are all available,I can teach you how to wash and prepare it to get desired results.

E sweet and thick pass fresh tomato combo.

Check my dry paste and Stew below na grin

I swear you can't finish a custard bucket in one month, I'm not exaggerating

Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by nedekid: 8:49pm On Jul 01, 2023
Tin tomatoes nko, dried pepper nko.
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by MomohMrMoore: 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2023
Its like all food items and diary items are from the north. Shey there is no land in the south ni? Everybody has turned to okada rider? Hunger will finish the south without the north. Its a shame

2 Likes

Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Dybala11(m): 9:01pm On Jul 01, 2023
mariahAngel:

It's the perfect hatred for me. 🀣

Why do you no longer like it?
Did you overuse it?
If there's another word to quantify how often I used it then, plus I don't really like the taste jor. Maybe because my cooking skills isn't top notch. Since then, I made a vow onto myself that I won't use it for cooking again. It's been years and I stood by my vow, fresh tomatoes and peppers is bae jor. I pray that my wife won't become tired of my food demands sha, the way to a man's heart is his stomach. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Dybala11(m): 9:08pm On Jul 01, 2023
RobinRay:

Bill Gates don suffer for 9ja people hand.

but then again, its simpler for y'all to point fingers at the "evil western billionaire with an agenda" than to accept current events we're facing are the result of decades of governmental mismanagement.

any how sha, I wish you good luck in your battle against the "hidden state"
A typical Nigerian will shift blame onto someone else, even an outsider but will not acknowledge his/her own misdeed. Shebi Bill Gates is the one ruling Nigeria and making all the destructive policies and wrecking the finances via corruption and nepotism.
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Dybala11(m): 9:09pm On Jul 01, 2023
marlow1962:
Why you cun delete the place wrr him say hu go help him and him kidsπŸ˜‚
At this stage, make everybody dey help himself o. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Ebubu7: 9:22pm On Jul 01, 2023
sonnie10:

You are not making sense.

Oga, how do you store fresh tomatoes? They are naturally perishable and there is no technology yet to keep tomato fruits for even 2 weeks.

Even, if you have harvest enough to last for 10 years, they will all spoil in a short period, except you process them to paste, which most people don't like. So that is the problem.

If you can solve that storage issue, and keep them fresh, you would be our tomato hero!
below is the screenshot for you. Mumu

Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Dybala11(m): 9:25pm On Jul 01, 2023
Onuoha1234:
Southern farmers stop waiting for tomato from Kano.Stop the lamentations on Ebola or whatever sSouthern farmers in !iNigeria always want to be spoon fed, Go start growing on other fruits not just tomato.Even common groundnut and banana the don't produce!
I disagree with you on the banana example you gave o, have you ever been to Ondo State in the South West?? If you've been to Ondo State, then you won't say this.

1 Like

Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Menclothing: 9:30pm On Jul 01, 2023
You all don’t want to farm every year same thing Re occur
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by drololaaof: 9:47pm On Jul 01, 2023
Islie:

https://punchng.com/consumers-traders-lament-as-tomato-pepper-scarcity-hits-markets/
Haba ,all the adduced reason ,there used to be scarcity during the rainy season, but not to the effect that are being alluding to now . The truck both the trailers ,J 5 buses,Ford buses and others are powered by diesel so why alluding the high price to fuel subsidy removal? Everybody is hiding under the fuel subsidy to hike price.
The only attendant cause could be the resultant effect of Boko haram and their sister bandits
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by mariahAngel(f): 9:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dybala11:

If there's another word to quantify how often I used it then, plus I don't really like the taste jor.
Maybe because my cooking skills isn't top notch.
Since then, I made a vow onto myself that I won't use it for cooking again.
It's been years and I stood by my vow, fresh tomatoes and peppers is bae jor.
I pray that my wife won't become tired of my food demands sha, the way to a man's heart is his stomach. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

The truth is most people don't like the slappy taste.
Also, there are brands (like Gino) that add sugar to theirs.
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Dybala11(m): 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2023
Ebubu7:
This method might work but it's unsustainable bro, or you've forgotten that the electricity supply in our country is epileptic??
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Dybala11(m): 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2023
mariahAngel:

The truth is most people don't like the slappy taste.
Also, there are brands (like Gino) that add sugar to theirs.
Add sugar ke??
Anyway, a female friend gave me an idea on how to get rid of the sour taste. I still prefer to stick to using fresh tomatoes sha.
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Blake755: 10:03pm On Jul 01, 2023
NobleSeed:
This renew shege will favour me and my family πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
If you wan go market wear Apc vest oo πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ₯±πŸ₯±πŸ₯±

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by NobleSeed(m): 10:05pm On Jul 01, 2023
E get house way no dey get backyard? undecided
one4GOD:
what if there is no backyard not all houses have backyards especially in the cities

1 Like

Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 10:10pm On Jul 01, 2023
Jennyclay:
Honestly, it’s not funny undecided

Imagine buying just 4 tomatoes bulb for #500 undecided

I have opt for vegetables to eat rice now
Lols... Bought 9 bulbs a week ago 4 #1000. Wasn't even enough for me

1 Like

Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 10:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
Eateries, fast foods are increasing the price of their foods everyday

1 Like

Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by marlow1962(m): 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dybala11:

At this stage, make everybody dey help himself o. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Gbam.
God for bid I will help a Nigerian that was shouting on top of his voice "jagaban on top your mandate I (him) stand gidigba"
I'm not referring to the guy, I'm just saying.
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Dybala11(m): 10:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
marlow1962:

Gbam.
God for bid I will help a Nigerian that was shouting on top of his voice "jagaban on top your mandate I (him) stand gidigba"
I'm not referring to the guy, I'm just saying.
I understand you bro. Omo, may God help us in this country of ours. We will all suffer the consequences together, and some people will be badly affected compared to others. There was a time that women selling tomatoes, peppers and so on the market will struggle to sponsor their kids in the university. With the removal of education subsidy, may God help those whose kids will be in the university or getting ready to enter into University by then.

1 Like

Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Pat081: 11:27pm On Jul 01, 2023
Thank God we are in it together with APC members

1 Like

Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by sonnie10: 11:31pm On Jul 01, 2023
Ebubu7:
I thought I was taking to someone with a brain . Do those preserved ones in freezer look like the fresh fruits in yours eyes?
Can you even use them in that preserved form to fry egg, make salad, smoothie, sortie, make juice or even eat raw?

I can bet you have never used, cooked with fresh tomatoes or probably can’t afford to.
What does the silly snapshot you posted got to do with having fresh tomatoes?

Stick to your sachet paste! I am not taking about cooking mama put food. Not sure you eat good home cooked meals.

1 Like

Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Lannister360: 12:09am On Jul 02, 2023
Boyooosa:

You are quick to retire to abuse, I see more reason Professor Wole Soyinka called you guys fascist...

In my chats so far, what has suggested tribalism to you?

You are one of the individuals that brew tribal war in Nigeria and your days are numbered, when you will accept fate that you are a Nigerian and not a Biafran or whatever

" I'm supposed to be chatting with an enlightened person, at least....do your findings. "

This is what you said, that's an insult right there.

You support a 100 year old man who cannot speak without slurring, someone who should be in a retirement home, someone who literarily licked the mic when he was asked to test the microphone, someone who shits and pee on himself, someone who is clearly too sick and old to rule, tell me is this not abnormal? Do you think you are truly okay mentally? The answer is NO, Tinubu supporters clearly have issues, Tribal sentiment have made you guys to choose foolishness over wisdom. I never insulted you, I just said the truth, TRIBALISM HAVE DAMAGED SOME PERCENTAGE OF YOUR BRAIN AND THAT'S THE TRUTH
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:29am On Jul 02, 2023
E no scarce na rumor,go plant pepper angry grin
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by VVVOLTS: 4:14am On Jul 02, 2023
Simple thing, plant tomatoes and peppers inside your compound and harvest it

Not everyone will be able to afford the hiked cost of things in the market

The little we can do for ourselves let's do them
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by juman(m): 5:29am On Jul 02, 2023
Agriculture is very very important for the country.
The country can earn more money than from oil.
We need a committed agricultural expert as agric minister.

Tinubu should noted.
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by juman(m): 5:34am On Jul 02, 2023
Jonathan performed very well on agriculture because his minister was capable.
Akinwumi Adesina was best agric minister ever.
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by juman(m): 5:37am On Jul 02, 2023
VVVOLTS:
Simple thing, plant tomatoes and peppers inside your compound and harvest it

Not everyone will be able to afford the hiked cost of things in the market

The little we can do for ourselves let's do them

Gbam, plant tomatoes and peppers inside your compound and harvest it.
You can plant tomato in containers in your house if you dont have yard to plant it. Check youtube how to do it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Would You Recommend This Skyrun Fridge? / Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.