Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets (20989 Views)

Consumers Lament As Food Prices Rise 30% In Eight State's / Ramadan: Prices Of Tomato, Pepper Rise By 60% In Lagos / Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Bigchristo: 7:34am On Jul 02, 2023
NobleSeed:
This renew shege will favour me and my family 😂 😂 😂
😂😂😂
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Bfly: 7:59am On Jul 02, 2023
Divide and conquer.
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Ebubu7: 8:37am On Jul 02, 2023
sonnie10:

I thought I was taking to someone with a brain . Do those preserved ones in freezer look like the fresh fruits in yours eyes?
Can you even use them in that preserved form to fry egg, make salad, smoothie, sortie, make juice or even eat raw?

I can bet you have never used, cooked with fresh tomatoes or probably can’t afford to.
What does the silly snapshot you posted got to do with having fresh tomatoes?

Stick to your sachet paste! I am not taking about cooking mama put food. Not sure you eat good home cooked meals.
otondo. You don change rhetoric ? Advanced countries are having tomatoes all season you are here insisting there must be scarcity and it should keep that way. Anuofia I wonder what’s the essence of your education if it’s to remain retrogressive.
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Ray07(m): 8:52am On Jul 02, 2023
Ebubu7:
What does Ministry of Agriculture do about this persistent tomato scarcity every year?
Build more green farm. Tomato and pepper don't really do well during the raining season. That's why it scares and expensive.
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Ebubu7: 9:02am On Jul 02, 2023
Ray07:
Build more green farm. Tomato and pepper don't really do well during the raining season. That's why it scares and expensive.
why can’t ministry of agriculture and African development bank assist in construction of these green farms?
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by yusluvad(m): 9:48am On Jul 02, 2023
Ebubu7:
why can’t ministry of agriculture and African development bank assist in construction of these green farms?
They know what to do, but they won't!
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Ray07(m): 10:32am On Jul 02, 2023
Ebubu7:
I really don't know. Saw about 10 or more green house farm abandoned in K-vom plateau state.

The issue might also be from the farmers end not keeping to agreement.
Na same Nigeria way Buhari gov give him people loans to farm rice. Where's the rice . . . Most of them carry the money buy trailers put for road.
The outrageous price of locally produce rice is surprising really with all the noise from the previous gov.

May God help the fittest cuz na jungle we dey for Nigeria.
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Mariezaza1(m): 11:10am On Jul 02, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Haha
He go favour me and my family....we all were aware about the fact that tinubu's administration will be a disaster but still they forced him upon us due to tribalism ...please Nigerians don't pity anyone

You know the funny thing we trying to lecture this people about always stepping into the polling unit without sentiment and tribalism are doing very fine and we can afford anything
If you think am lying then carry out your investigation here on nairaland and also in your area

Even me here I can afford anything...not trying to brag but it is the truth

Boss as you no gree teach me work still try show your boy love mAh see something chop abeg🙏
Opay
Thanks so much in advance 🙏
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Ebubu7: 11:17am On Jul 02, 2023
Ray07:
I really don't know. Saw about 10 or more green house farm abandoned in K-vom plateau state.

The issue might also be from the farmers end not keeping to agreement.
Na same Nigeria way Buhari gov give him people loans to farm rice. Where's the rice . . . Most of them carry the money buy trailers put for road.
The outrageous price of locally produce rice is surprising really with all the noise from the previous gov.

May God help the fittest cuz na jungle we dey for Nigeria.

No be lie. Farmers mismanage loans disbursed for green house farms.
And also government can’t be the one to do the planting.

Terrible situation. What’s the way out?

1 Like

Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by sonnie10: 11:58am On Jul 02, 2023
Ebubu7:
otondo. You don change rhetoric ? Advanced countries are having tomatoes all season you are here insisting there must be scarcity and it should keep that way. Anuofia I wonder what’s the essence of your education if it’s to remain retrogressive.
Maybe you are suffering from short term memory loss and lack the ability to recall immediate fact. I really doubt your intellectual capability.
Did I not say that it’s possible to have tomatoes all year round with greenhouse?
Let me rewind your brain because it seems you are losing track.
The question for you was how do you preserve fresh tomato fruit to last till next season?

First, you came up with the idea that they should plant more. Secondly you presented a snapshot of freezer lock bags for preservation.. These were both unintelligent answers from you.

Let me educate your primitive dumb skull silly goose.

The advanced countries you are talking mostly have greenhouse farming, they also import from other countries, and some have different seasons at different parts of the same country. For example right now while Texas is 100F Boston is 25F and they are both in the US. Therefore tomato would do well this period in Texas and then gets transported to the NE.

At least I was first to mention greenhouse in this thread. Now you are running all over the place with the idea.
Believe me, you are not an intelligent person, work on yourself.

Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by ogbe88(m): 12:01pm On Jul 02, 2023
JasonScoolari:
This is just a fat lie....

Our WhatsApp secretary, Iya Akanbi do sell full custard rubber of tomatoes ati Atarodo for N750 Kperé!!!!

Just show her that you belong to our Ronu WhatsApp group, and you will buy as many as you want.

Obidients should stop lying all the time, is not funny.
Small boy with no sense.
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Ebubu7: 12:23pm On Jul 02, 2023
sonnie10:

Maybe you are suffering from short term memory loss and lack the ability to recall immediate fact. I really doubt your intellectual capability.
Did I not say that it’s possible to have tomatoes all year round with greenhouse?
Let me rewind your brain because it seems you are losing track.
The question for you was how do you preserve fresh tomato fruit to last till next season?

First, you came up with the idea that they should plant more. Secondly you presented a snapshot of freezer lock bags for preservation.. These were both unintelligent answers from you.

Let me educate your primitive dumb skull
The advanced countries you are talking mostly have greenhouse farming, they also import from other countries, and some have different seasons at different parts of the same country. For example right now while Texas is 100F Boston is 25F and they are both in the US. Therefore tomato would do well this period in Texas and then gets transported to the NE.

At least I was first to mention greenhouse in this thread. Now you are running all over the place with the idea.
Believe me, you are not an intelligent person, work on yourself.

Who’s going to read all the gibberish you wrote? Your dad?
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by sonnie10: 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2023
Ebubu7:

Who’s going to read all the gibberish you wrote? Your dad?
But.t scratching, palmwine drinking, intellectual lazy, silly goose! Go and open sweep your shop.
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Ebubu7: 12:29pm On Jul 02, 2023
sonnie10:

But.t scratching, palmwine drinking, intellectual lazy, silly goose! Go and open sweep your shop.
go and open sweep your shop grin see english
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by sonnie10: 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2023
Ebubu7:
go and open sweep your shop grin see english
I insist that you are intellectually challenged.
I can tell even without making contact with you.
Here are some facts;
First, starting a sentence with a small letter is sign of deficit in written English.
Secondly, ending a sentence without period is a sign of deficit in writing mechanics.
Thirdly, using the small letter e for English is a sign of poor use of English language.
Fourth, the “see english” is supposed to end with an exclamation mark ( ! ).
Now, do you agree that you are dumb?
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Ebubu7: 1:06pm On Jul 02, 2023
sonnie10:

I insist that you are intellectually challenged.
I can tell even without making contact with you.
Here are some facts;
First, starting a sentence with a small letter is sign of deficit in written English.
Secondly, ending a sentence without period is a sign of deficit in writing mechanics.
Thirdly, using the small letter e for English is a sign of poor use of English language.
Fourth, the “see english” is supposed to end with an exclamation mark ( ! ).
Now, do you agree that you are dumb?
you are talking to who doesn’t even read ur post grin you must be a lazy ass somebody with nothing to do to put all of these on internetgrin
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by sonnie10: 1:15pm On Jul 02, 2023
Ebubu7:
you are talking to who doesn’t even read ur post grin you must be a lazy ass somebody with nothing to do to put all of these on internetgrin
In your genealogy, there is none like me. You can take this to the bank!
Now, go keep yourself busy. your customer is waiting at the shop.
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Ebubu7: 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
sonnie10:

In your genealogy, there is none like me. You can take this to the bank!
Now, go keep yourself busy. your customer is waiting at the shop.
afo Anugrin church rat feeling funky. I know you must be typing this from the church where u live grin
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by sonnie10: 1:45pm On Jul 02, 2023
Ebubu7:
afo Anugrin church rat feeling funky. I know you must be typing this from the church where u live grin
Your generation that has never used a zip lock freezer bag. Is that not why you felt it’s a genius, novel ideas to use it to preserve tomatoes.
Keep exposing your retard, miserable soul.
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Ebubu7: 1:53pm On Jul 02, 2023
sonnie10:

Your generation that has never used a zip lock freezer bag. Is that not why you felt it’s a genius, novel ideas to use it to preserve tomatoes.
Keep exposing your retard, miserable soul.
oga rest na wetting dey worry u sef? U no get life? Tufia u’re disgusting
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by sonnie10: 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2023
Ebubu7:
oga rest na wetting dey worry u sef? U no get life? Tufia u’re disgusting
I have your time. Until you accept that you are dumb and intellectually unstable.
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Boyooosa(m): 3:04pm On Jul 02, 2023
Lannister360:

" I'm supposed to be chatting with an enlightened person, at least....do your findings. "

This is what you said, that's an insult right there.

You support a 100 year old man who cannot speak without slurring, someone who should be in a retirement home, someone who literarily licked the mic when he was asked to test the microphone, someone who shits and pee on himself, someone who is clearly too sick and old to rule, tell me is this not abnormal? Do you think you are truly okay mentally? The answer is NO, Tinubu supporters clearly have issues, Tribal sentiment have made you guys to choose foolishness over wisdom. I never insulted you, I just said the truth, TRIBALISM HAVE DAMAGED SOME PERCENTAGE OF YOUR BRAIN AND THAT'S THE TRUTH

Fascist
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Ebubu7: 4:55pm On Jul 02, 2023
sonnie10:

I have your time. Until you accept that you are dumb and intellectually unstable.
just accept you’re a troll and have no life to live
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by sonnie10: 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2023
Ebubu7:
just accept you’re a troll and have no life to live
Go to your shop, dummy! In case your don’t know, I enjoy people like you and I beg you to continue your rant .
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by Ebubu7: 7:24am On Jul 03, 2023
sonnie10:

Go to your shop, dummy! In case your don’t know, I enjoy people like you and I beg you to continue your rant .
I am sure you have no kid to take to school this early Monday morning cos you can’t afford to school your kids grin
Re: Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets by sonnie10: 11:56am On Jul 03, 2023
Ebubu7:
I am sure you have no kid to take to school this early Monday morning cos you can’t afford to school your kids grin

What has that got to do with tomato?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Would You Recommend This Skyrun Fridge? / Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.