Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? (579 Views)

Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? / Subsidy Removal : What personal Adjustment are you making? / Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by patwilly(m): 7:57am On Jul 02, 2023
I make reference to this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7748672/young-nigerian-man-proudly-shows/4
The responses are overwhelming negative in condemnation of polygamy and I'm incensed by our rabid acceptance of monogamy as a way of life perhaps in deference to the christian ideology of marriage.
Consider this: A lady, educated and ripe for marriage aged 30/35 years has at most only10 years of reproductive cycle left on her life. seeing her clock winding down slowly, would it be such a bad idea if she submitted herself under a man as his second or third wife and be offered the protection, love, care and children she so desperately needs? why would a lady let pride, vain glorious pride I prefer to call it deprive her of all of these just for the sole reason of being a first wife? so many questions.
I understand the challenges that come with a polygamous home but even I believe these things have been blown out of proportion. If a man is fully in charge of his household and by the strength of his arm is capable of providing for his family, surely these things can be worked out and well managed. I'd add at this time that even the Muslims are beginning to fall prey of monogamism and it's attendant issues in stark contravention of the dictates of their religion.
Overall two cases come to mind: The first is a Christian Lady, 36 or 37 years of age, educated and working who right now has no serious relationship. She's confided in me privately her desire to find any virile man even if younger than her to impregnate her so she'd have a child to take care of her in old age. To show her seriousness, she showed me messages she's exchanged with her, cue your horror, married ex who's hesitant in executing this dishonorable task. I've heard stories of women in her situation who have done or intend to do the same thing. Can anything be more shameful?
The second case is of an unmarried Muslim girl by all means a very attractive one who is at least 31 this year.Shes been proposed to by fellow Muslim men to become their second wife. Her refusal is hinged solely on the fact that she prefers the first spot and nothing else! At most times, she's a bundle of sadness and dejection as we are quite close and she confides in me the severity of her situation.
I'll conclude this piece by saying this: There has to be an intentional movement to push for polygamy in our society today as it solves so many issues concerning marriage. We've allowed the west push on their idea of marriage unto us and swallowed the whole idea hook, line, sinker but even the west is not infallible. You only need to see the perversion that is the LGBTQ agenda currently ravaging the west, pushed on by its elite for the sole purpose of corrupting an entire generation. Surely we don't want to copy that sort of lifestyle or do we?
To persons who are vehemently anti-polygamy, I say this, Davido would be a happier man with 3 wives than seven baby mamas! That surely is certain. And none of this bs with self discipline as it has been proven times over that man is inherently loyal to his sexual desires and would continually seek ways to satisfy them. It is time to return to our roots and sort out these issues once and for all.
Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by LordIsaac(m): 8:04am On Jul 02, 2023
It is difficult to manage two or more women under one roof.

1 Like

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by Puss360(f): 8:07am On Jul 02, 2023
Mr man rest... Polygamy in anyway isn't good for Economic Development..... Did the tell you men are doing women a favour by marrying them
Why should one man have more then 4 kids
Those developed countries you know, doesn't promote polygamy...
Even so called Arab countries sef, majority of their "Workforce" are Americans, who come and work nd go... The citizens themselves don't born anyhow...

Go school, you say school na scam....

4 Likes

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by talented321: 8:27am On Jul 02, 2023
Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by patwilly(m): 8:28am On Jul 02, 2023
Puss360:
Mr man rest... Polygamy in anyway isn't good for Economic Development..... Did the tell you men are doing women a favour by marrying them
Even so called Arab countries sef, majority of their "Workforce" are Americans, who come and work nd go... The citizens themselves don't born anyhow...

Your conclusion is I haven't gone to school or perhaps you think your submission is absolute?

1 Like

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by patwilly(m): 8:29am On Jul 02, 2023
LordIsaac:
It is difficult to manage two or more women under one roof.
For you maybe? I'm sure there are a lot out there who relish the opportunity.
Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by talented321: 8:44am On Jul 02, 2023
Women don't like polygamy since from day one, but they don't have choice. And it doesn't matter.
The reason why the divorce rate is high is because of one man one woman. If your husband has two or three wives you know your divorce will not mean anything to him that is why our fathers live with their wives and u hardly hear divorce cases unlike today.
The idea of he cheat i will cheat is because of monogamy, denying ur husband sex all because he has only u.
The idea to overtake the man as head of the house and vice versa.
Puss360:

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by Lonestar124: 9:00am On Jul 02, 2023
You may control the tension, when you are alive as the man and the head of the family but can't control it when you are have gone beyond, there by putting the lives of your children in mess..

2 Likes

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by Mindlog: 9:19am On Jul 02, 2023
talented321:
Women don't like polygamy since from day one, but they don't have choice. And it doesn't matter.
The reason why the divorce rate is high is because of one man one woman. If your husband has two or three wives you know your divorce will not mean anything to him that is why our fathers live with their wives and u hardly hear divorce cases unlike today.
The idea of he cheat i will cheat is because of monogamy, denying ur husband sex all because he has only u.

Do we not regularly read Northern state governors sponsoring mass weddings of divorced Muslim women?

Read the attached excerpt, reflect and share your thoughts because the north has a high rate of divorce because it is way faster to be granted one. I used it as a resource while working on a postgraduate assessment with focus on "The mental wellbeing of children from polygamous homes".

5 Likes

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by talented321: 9:29am On Jul 02, 2023
I would have take it further if you were a man. 'no offenccce'
Mindlog:

Do we not regularly read Northern state governors sponsoring mass weddings of divorced Muslim women?

Read the attached excerpt, reflect and share your thoughts because the north has a high rate of divorce because it is way faster to be granted one. I used it as a resource while working on a postgraduate assessment with focus on "The mental wellbeing of children from polygamous homes".

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 02, 2023
This is why Africa is still as backward as it is,

Black men thinking of how many women they can have sèx with in the name of polygamy instead of inventing and developing their continent like their white counterparts, ask them the societal benefit of polygamy, they will have no concrete answer, daft lots.

3 Likes

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by Mindlog: 9:49am On Jul 02, 2023
talented321:
I would have take it further if you were a man. 'no offenccce'

You want to apply gender segregation as your defense mechanism as you can't intellectually push forward your stand with evidence based data, not alternative facts?

You will make an interesting case study in psychology as I get intrigued by folks like you with their personal facts but get cowered by data! ! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by Puss360(f): 10:17am On Jul 02, 2023
talented321:
Well everybody is entitled to their opinion...
But, a man can't say he loves two women.. anything that makes a man takes more than one wife, then he is more or less a slut...
Coz what 3 women can give you, one woman can...
If he or both of dem aren't satisfied with the marriage the can divorce and start a new marriage somewhere else...
God forbid my husband open mouth one day say he wants to marry second wife...
Domestic violence go enter new level dat day... Lol🙈🙈🙈

2 Likes

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by talented321: 10:28am On Jul 02, 2023
You keep on cracking me up everyday, i swear i don laugh tire. Always violence and funny writeups, pray you meet a simp.
Apart from that men still don't like the idea of polygamy, but many women are now pushing them by practising femenist inside marriage and men hate competition.
I wish u jam the man of u spec, to avoid story that touch.
Goodluck
Puss360:

Well everybody is entitled to their opinion...
But, a man can't say he loves two women.. anything that makes a man takes more than one wife, then he is more or less a slut...
Coz what 3 women can give you, one woman can...
If he or both of dem aren't satisfied with the marriage the can divorce and start a new marriage somewhere else...
God forbid my husband open mouth one day say he wants to marry second wife...
Domestic violence go enter new level dat day... Lol
Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by Puss360(f): 10:35am On Jul 02, 2023
talented321:
You keep on cracking me up everyday, i swear i don laugh tire. Always violence and funny writeups, pray you meet a simp.
Apart from that men still don't like the idea of polygamy, but many women are now pushing them by practising femenist inside marriage and men hate competition.
I wish u jam the man of u spec, to avoid story that touch.
Goodluck
Lols... I don't really have a spec... But my man must put me in center of his life, anything wey make me shift go one corner, then it's obvious the marriage no strong again.. just divorce and we go out separate ways... Nothing like prayer or "all will be well"...
Polygamy no way....

3 Likes

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by Houseontherock1: 10:50am On Jul 02, 2023
49.47% of the population of Nigeria is female, leaving 50.53% male population. Why then do we need polygamy when we have more men, or let's just say enough men to go round? No woman like sharing their man. Even the Muslim women who are well aware of what their holy book says about Polygamy still kill their co-wives, some even kill their husbands to prevent Polygamy. Those who accepted it in the past did it out of necessity... mostly for more farmhands. Men should stop imposing polygamy on women; it's a bad idea undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by talented321: 11:02am On Jul 02, 2023
You are not married yet, but all same u will understand in time to come.
women being single at the age of 40 to are 60 are not happy with their lives, from what i see and observe, you may act strict at your ripe age, but when you gets to one stage u have to overlook many things to be regarded as a married and responsible woman.
make time to ask few old women close to you or in your territory. Ask them who grew old with there husbands whether their husband never take actions that supposed end the marriage, and u will realize why there are divorces cases everyday.
Puss360:

Lols... I don't really have a spec... But my man must put me in center of his life, anything wey make me shift go one corner, then it's obvious the marriage no strong again.. just divorce and we go out separate ways... Nothing like prayer or "all will be well"...
Polygamy no way....
Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by Mindlog: 11:21am On Jul 02, 2023
Houseontherock1:
49.47% of the population of Nigeria is female, leaving 50.53% male population. Why then do we need polygamy when we have more men, or let's just say enough men to go round? No woman like sharing their man. Even the Muslim women who are well aware of what their holy book says about Polygamy still kill their co-wives, some even kill their husbands to prevent Polygamy. Those who accepted it in the past did it out of necessity... mostly for more farmhands. Men should stop imposing polygamy on women; it's a bad idea undecided

When the next census gets conducted and the figures gets published....many would ask where the "seven women to one man" belief is coming from. Nigerian men are not yet at the realm where Caucasian men are when it comes to perception of marriage, the core issue in Nigeria is majority being in the low income bracket as the number of men who meets the "societal cut off mark" to be regarded worthy to shoulder a family of his own is sharply decreasing as many are struggling to fend for themselves, many are still living with their parents in their 30s.....the pool of men who are financially balanced and single is fast shrinking and far more numbers of single females are fishing from the same shrinking pond.........Women who are okay with trenches love can easily get husbands, cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by ibechris(m): 11:31am On Jul 02, 2023
There is no man that engages in polygamy that hasn't regret it.

Dokpesi,was interviewed before his demised and he said,he regretted ever being married to multiple women.

Most end up regretting.

3 Likes

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by cococandy(f): 11:47am On Jul 02, 2023
If the women don’t want it, then that’s reason enough

4 Likes

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by Puss360(f): 2:20pm On Jul 02, 2023
talented321:
You are not married yet, but all same u will understand in time to come.
women being single at the age of 40 to are 60 are not happy with their lives, from what i see and observe, you may act strict at your ripe age, but when you gets to one stage u have to overlook many things to be regarded as a married and responsible woman.
make time to ask few old women close to you or in your territory. Ask them who grew old with there husbands whether their husband never take actions that supposed end the marriage, and u will realize why there are divorces cases everyday.
I will never understand why a man will take two wives...
The fact dat I ain't married doesn't mean my marriage will be a "lesson" for me to learn archaic lifestyle...
Thanks...

2 Likes

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by oluwaseyi0: 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2023
Apart from having multiple sex partners what other important do polygamy offer

It's all about sex sex sex and sex for the man

The country infrastructure cannot handle polygamy, our population already overbloated with many people competing for few jobs

In what special way do polygamy benefits children of the union

1 Like

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by Zyxsc: 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2023
For a man, I think it's just better to have your children through a surrogate mother

Women wahala too much. Marriage is least beneficial to men. Polygamy has its own problem as well

1 Like

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by Biglittlelois(f): 3:12pm On Jul 02, 2023
A pity that in this 21st century someone is asking why women are against polygamy.

When will African men grow up? When will they force their mind and brain away from sèx?

4 Likes

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by CHoccolaTE: 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2023
Jovialjune1:
This is why Africa is still as backward as it is,

Black men thinking of how many women they have sèx with in the name of polygamy instead of inventing and developing their continent like their white counterparts, ask them the societal benefit of polygamy, they will have no concrete answer, daft lots.

That is the one and only reason men support polygamy, they like telling lies and pretending they care for mature single ladies but na lie, it's only sex, sex and sex that is the reason for their polygamous ambitions.

4 Likes

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by CHoccolaTE: 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2023
Biglittlelois:
A pity that in this 21st century someone is asking why women are against polygamy.

When will African men grow up? When will they force their mind and brain away from sèx?

No shame at all, they blatantly peddle ideologies that are harmful to their families and the society at large just to increase their access to sex.

1 Like

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by CHoccolaTE: 3:56pm On Jul 02, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

The country infrastructure cannot handle polygamy, our population already overbloated with many people competing for few jobs

It benefits men penis so they support it.

Their children welfare is not important to them. Only penis welfare is important to polygamists.

1 Like

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:12pm On Jul 02, 2023
Go to school and get enlightened, you say no. Develop a brain naturally, you still cannot. In which country have you seen more women than men? World over men outnumber women. I keep saying it, that there is hardly a woman who has never had a suitor. The single mature ladies you see didn't find their taste of men for marriage, most of them have opted for the single mother life and are living fulfilled lives, while some are concentrating on their careers, so stop crying more than the bereaved.

No woman can be fulfilled in a polygamous marriage unless she went there strictly for financial gains. As a woman, I can authoritatively tell you that, it is better to stay single or be a single mother than be in polygamy. Men only marry plenty wives because they lack self control, not because they want to help women. In my opinion, a man who cannot control his sexual organ, is just an animal in human skin, because what should differentiate humans from animals is self control.

1 Like

Re: What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? by Mindlog: 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

A very uncomfortable question.

(1) (Reply)

GOD As Just Catch The Evil Operating In Our Home / Get A Beautiful Wedding Card For Your Special One / How Can I Become A Professional Football Player?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.