Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,645 members, 7,820,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy (15939 Views)

What Personal Reasons Do You Have Against Polygamy? / Agonies Of Monogamy Against Polygamy / Reno Omokri: I Don't Know If Polygamy Is A Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by akelicious(m): 1:10pm On Sep 22, 2019
Alhaji Attahiru Ahmed, Emir of Anka in Zamfara, has cautioned low income earners against marrying more than one wife.

Ahmed, who gave the warning on Sunday in Anka, said that multiple marriages was worsening the economic situation of the poor and making them even poorer.

He spoke during the distribution of some women empowerment items donated by Hajia Aisha Bello-Matawalle, wife of the state governor.

The items were distributed to women from Anka, Bakura, Bukuyyum, Gummi, Maradun and Talata-Mafara local governments areas in Zamfara West Senatorial District.

“Civil servants on a salary of N15,000 a month marry more than one wife and end up raising families they cannot catter for.

“It is this attitude that is responsible for increasing out-of-school children because the parents cannot shoulder the responsibility.

“People should marry in accordance with their earnings to ensure that their children have sound education and good moral background,” he counseled.

The emir advised beneficiaries of the gesture to make good use of their packages in order to be economically-self reliant and support their families.

The Nigeria News Agency , reports that various speakers, in their remarks at the occasion, commended the governor’s wife for the gesture and expressed optimism that it would aid the war against poverty and improve living standards in the rural settlements.

They also urged people to plan their lives in accordance with their means.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/09/22/emir-warns-polygamy/amp/

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by godwinkessi: 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2019
First I wanna thank my lord Jesus Christ, I thank also Mohammed the prophet of Allah, I thank my dear fellow cabals, I thank Facebook for creating Nairaland, God bless Seun for buying instablog, I thank Glo for the wireless service rendered, I thank my cartel Lalastic and my fellow Nairalanders as I comment first on a thread for the first time since I joined this platform. I thank also bruno419

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by rentAcock(m): 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2019
How about no polygamy, period. It is hypocritical to ask the poor not to practice polygamy when the rich are allowed to have many wives.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:23pm On Sep 22, 2019
Here in Borno you are sympathizing with the IDPs by providing food and shelter, but sometimes the Internally Displaced Persons sell of the food to have enough cash to get a second or third wife.

30 Likes

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by Lawalemi(m): 2:23pm On Sep 22, 2019
They will not listen to this wise saying

3 Likes

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by GEOANDSONS: 2:23pm On Sep 22, 2019

Just see below

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by Kennitrust(m): 2:23pm On Sep 22, 2019
We (the southern part of the country) are on population competition with the North.

So, what the Northern need is population and not good education.

One wife can never be the mindset of the Northerners!

1 Like

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by DennisEche(m): 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2019
How dare you disobey the holy Qur'an?

7 Likes

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by teamsynergy: 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2019
tell them
Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by BuhariLooter(m): 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2019
It will be very good for Ndiigbo not to read and forget things so easily.

Otherwise, people will be playing on your intelligence as a people.

In Nigeria today as it stands, the North even Buhari knows Igbo should produce the President in 2023.

The problem is Yoruba muslim, who are always saying Igbo cannot produce President of Nigeria.

Tomorrow now, they will push it to the North and blame the North, whilst calling for phantom southern unity that has been a mirage since 1960.

The only unity in the South is between SS/SE.

14 Likes

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by money121(m): 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2019
Alrty
Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by olayinkajnr(m): 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2019
Will they listen to him?

They'll end up insulting him for speaking the truth.
Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by Lamasta(m): 2:24pm On Sep 22, 2019
Marrying more than one wife runs in most Northern Men's blood

2 Likes

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by SouthSouth1914: 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2019
The revolution in Nigeria will start from the north! Mark my words..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by Mekanus(m): 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2019
Good one. I just wish those dumb fvckers will listen and adhere to this advice and stop bringing innocent children to come suffer.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by BuhariLooter(m): 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2019
The British brought the yoruba to cause confusion in Southern Nigeria from Benin republic and they did so well becos Nnamdi Azikiwe was a political illiterate that even volunteered to hand Sadauna more seats in Parliament to keep the North in Nigeria.

They should go and check whether Nnamdi Azikiwe father was from Sokoto.
Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by Blue3k(m): 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2019
Lol what sort of father giving out their daughter to broke dudes. I know they're adults but you should always give your kid fair warning. It's interesting to see more emirs are agreeing with Sanusi.

“Civil servants on a salary of N15,000 a month marry more than one wife and end up raising families they cannot catter for.

If you're living on minimum wage you shouldn't be thinking about family. Minimum wage is for entry level people in workforce. The 18 year old man who just graduated highschool should even be looking for better pay.

5 Likes

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by ZombieTAMER: 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2019
Is Emir against Islam

Allah has given them the liberty to marry four wives ... And chunk out offsprings for Boko Haram

5 Likes

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by backnbeta(f): 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2019
Unless someone writes it in the Quran, they'll continue to marry and birth kids they can't feed undecided

5 Likes

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by crazycrypto710: 2:27pm On Sep 22, 2019
grin story for the gods

1 Like

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by materialproject: 2:27pm On Sep 22, 2019
They also urged people to plan their lives in accordance with their means.

yes

2 Likes

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by EkunKekere: 2:27pm On Sep 22, 2019
E be like say dis one don miss road grin

[img]https://images./4aTnzmCv99AjUC6giJp6Zr.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./5TGqanV7TStl6J3cRNETWr.jpg[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by ZombieTAMER: 2:27pm On Sep 22, 2019
BuhariLooter:

In Nigeria today as it stands, the North even Buhari knows Igbo should produce the President in 2023.

The problem is Yoruba muslim, who are always saying Igbo cannot produce President of Nigeria.

Tomorrow now, they will push it to the North and blame the North, whilst calling for phantom southern unity that has been a mirage since 1960.

Why derail the thread

7 Likes

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by ednut1(m): 2:27pm On Sep 22, 2019
Would they hear
Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by richPHAROAH: 2:28pm On Sep 22, 2019
PEASANTS ARE THE PROBLEM OF THIS WORLD. STOP WARNING THEM, JUST CALL THEM TO COME AND COLLECT RICE AND POISON THE RICE. OPERARTION GET RID OF PEASANTS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by EkunKekere: 2:30pm On Sep 22, 2019
What nonsense is this one talking? Yoruba MOOslims only speak for themselves. They have NEVER dared to say they are speaking on behalf of ALL yorubas. Let them just try it.

BuhariLooter:

Re: Emir Warns Peasants Against Polygamy by winterfell007(m): 2:30pm On Sep 22, 2019
BuhariLooter:
The British brought the yoruba to cause confusion in Southern Nigeria from Benin republic and they did so well becos Nnamdi Azikiwe was a political illiterate that even volunteered to hand Sadauna more seats in Parliament to keep the North in Nigeria.

They should go and check whether Nnamdi Azikiwe father was from Sokoto.

Are you sick or something. What you typed, does it have any similarity with what is been discussed?
Stop speaking on behalf of Ndigbo. You are not our spokesman. Your comments is just dimming our chances to still be taken seriously in terms of politics

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Gay Men Got Married In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? / How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.