Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,180 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground (14043 Views)

God Don't Let Me Go To CASABLANCA. Man Pray Against Womanizing On Crusade Ground / Pastor Adeboye's Sermon @ The November 2019 Kalabari Gospel Crusade / In Need Of A Strong Yoruba Gospel Movie For A Gospel Crusade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:42am On Jul 02, 2023
How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground

It was the first time I attended a Reinhard Bonnke Gospel Crusade as a kid sometime in the early 90's.

My mum had just returned from the first night of the crusade, and spoke about how Reinhard Bonnke had taken 40 naira from inside his Bible (At the time 40 naira was about 5 dollars so still a big deal for many) and given to a small local boy from crowd.

That was all the motivation I needed to attend the next one taking place the next day, that's if I ever needed one.

My mind was just like, "that kid could have been me", so I followed my mum to the crusade ground the following day.

On getting to the crusade ground in the evening, i could see the mammoth crowd already gathered in the stands of the stadium which was really staggering and quite a frightening sight to behold. I had never seen such huge crowd gathering closehand in my short lifetime beforehand and this took place somewhere in the north.

We made our way towards the area closer to the podium. There were no seats there so we had to stand, but being able to successfully navigate my way to the front of the standing crowd was something that excited me.

Perhaps it was an attempt to get as close to the podium as possible, just in case what happened the previous day (when the little boy was called out and given that amount of cash) repeated itself, however i didn't know I was going to get much more than what i bargained.

After getting to the front of those standing, for some reason, perhaps to be more comfortable, I thought it wise to remove the brand new shoes my mum bought for me from my legs and use it as a seat instead, on the floor.

It made sense until there was a sudden rush from the crowd behind which now pushed those of us sitting on the floor forward and displaced us from our original position.

That's how I found myself in an advanced position but without my shoes.

At this point being in front of the crowd became the last thing on my mind, as I abandon my position there in search of my precious shoes. I tried to trace it back to where I was originally sat, and searched and searched and searched but all my effort was to no avail.

That's how I lost arguably my most priced possession at the time, somewhere in the crusade ground as I couldn't find it before I left.

I came to the crusade ground with shoes but left there shoeless, even without the shoes I came there with.

Moreover I never got the invitation to the podium nor any 40 Naira as the other lucky kid the last night, which was the main motivation behind my attending the crusade that night.

It was indeed a very painful experience at the time to me, as though I should have never gone there in the first place, however overtime, it seemed a blessing in disguise as i have gained much more than what I had lost in the Reinhard Bonnke Gospel Crusade ground, because today I am not just saved, but also preaching the Gospel of Christ to millions around the world, with a similar passion for lost souls.

I believe such an experience in my childhood where I attended his crusade, sowed a seed in my life that also significantly contributed its fair share to the harvest of what God is using me to do today, bringing many souls into His Kingdom to His own glory.

Perhaps I had to lose something very precious to me of this world which is temporal, to gain that of much more value (eternity) which I could never lose.

God bless.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:43am On Jul 02, 2023
Hence I would urge parents, even if they're not as passionate for God as they would have loved, to bring their children around those who have that passion and fire which they lacked, because the life of my parents weren't much of a direct influence to me but indirectly, through those they brought me and my siblings around, and the places they took us to, as that crusade.

That background they gave me is something I will be eternally grateful to my parents, because i believed that background really helped and contributed significantly to who I am today in Christ.

So please parents, endeavour to take your children to places where there is a fire for God, and where revival is taking place. Bring them around people who are burning hot with passion for God, and you never know.

They could catch the fire to become the next Reinhard Bonnke, Kathryn Kulman, Smith Wiggleworth, Benson Idahosa, Billy Graham, Ayo Babalola etc.

God bless.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 8:52am On Jul 02, 2023
U made me remember RCCG Lekki98, it was awesome. I could remember I was running an errand for popcorn for almost half of the program. As a little boy who knows nothing then, I was just focused eating 🍿popcorn like tomorrow no dey. But I thank God I was there. Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by hopefulLandlord: 9:00am On Jul 02, 2023
Seems your name is Jonathan, he had no shoes too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:04am On Jul 02, 2023
hopefulLandlord:
Seems your name is Jonathan, he had no shoes too
I actually had shoes... I lost the most precious of them at the time in that crusade.

5 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:06am On Jul 02, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
U made me remember RCCG Lekki98, it was awesome. I could remember I was running an errand for popcorn for almost half of the program. As a little boy who knows nothing then, I was just focused eating 🍿popcorn like tomorrow no dey. But I thank God I was there. Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Lol!
Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:22am On Jul 09, 2023
Experience.
Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:23am On Jul 16, 2023
Thank You Jesus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:21am On Aug 13, 2023
Feel great to belong to Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:27am On Oct 08, 2023
Glory to God!

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:15am On Oct 22, 2023
Repent! The end is near.
Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by Bluezy13(m): 8:58am On Oct 22, 2023
I came for the interesting story.
Not for the religious part of it.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by Spirit247: 9:53am On Oct 22, 2023
God bless you for this. Other Powerful Testimonies on this other Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7885500/which-apostle-arome-osayis-messages

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by AntiChristian: 9:54am On Oct 22, 2023
That Reinhard Bonke duped many hoping for Miracles o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by Nbote(m): 9:54am On Oct 22, 2023
Your shoes were an answered prayer to someone's prayer point..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:54am On Oct 22, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground

It was the first time I attended a Reinhard Bonnke Gospel Crusade as a kid sometime in the early 90's.

My mum had just returned from the first night of the crusade, and spoke about how Reinhard Bonnke had taken 40 naira from inside his Bible (At the time 40 naira was about 5 dollars so still a big deal for many) and given to a small local boy from crowd.

That was all the motivation I needed to attend the next one taking place the next day, that's if I ever needed one.

My mind was just like, "that kid could have been me", so I followed my mum to the crusade ground the following day.

On getting to the crusade ground in the evening, i could see the mammoth crowd already gathered in the stands of the stadium which was really staggering and quite a frightening sight to behold. I had never seen such huge crowd gathering closehand in my short lifetime beforehand and this took place somewhere in the north.

We made our way towards the area closer to the podium. There were no seats there so we had to stand, but being able to successfully navigate my way to the front of the standing crowd was something that excited me.

Perhaps it was an attempt to get as close to the podium as possible, just in case what happened the previous day (when the little boy was called out and given that amount of cash) repeated itself, however i didn't know I was going to get much more than what i bargained.

After getting to the front of those standing, for some reason, perhaps to be more comfortable, I thought it wise to remove the brand new shoes my mum bought for me from my legs and use it as a seat instead, on the floor.

It made sense until there was a sudden rush from the crowd behind which now pushed those of us sitting on the floor forward and displaced us from our original position.

That's how I found myself in an advanced position but without my shoes.

At this point being in front of the crowd became the last thing on my mind, as I abandon my position there in search of my precious shoes. I tried to trace it back to where I was originally sat, and searched and searched and searched but all my effort was to no avail.

That's how I lost arguably my most priced possession at the time, somewhere in the crusade ground as I couldn't find it before I left.

I came to the crusade ground with shoes but left there shoeless, even without the shoes I came there with.

Moreover I never got the invitation to the podium nor any 40 Naira as the other lucky kid the last night, which was the main motivation behind my attending the crusade that night.

It was indeed a very painful experience at the time to me, as though I should have never gone there in the first place, however overtime, it seemed a blessing in disguise as i have gained much more than what I had lost in the Reinhard Bonnke Gospel Crusade ground, because today I am not just saved, but also preaching the Gospel of Christ to millions around the world, with a similar passion for lost souls.

I believe such an experience in my childhood where I attended his crusade, sowed a seed in my life that also significantly contributed its fair share to the harvest of what God is using me to do today, bringing many souls into His Kingdom to His own glory.

Perhaps I had to lose something very precious to me of this world which is temporal, to gain that of much more value (eternity) which I could never lose.

God bless.

Shebi person posted this below topic,
How person wey pack person new Shoes wan take add 14years join Life instead na Minus o. Na church him go truly but e no fit grow..
Intention na e matter either u go church or not.... its shows many have bn attending church without doing right thing on life
OLAADEGBU:

Pulse.ng
Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by Danegun777: 9:55am On Oct 22, 2023
cool

Reinhard Bonke na legend

Free bible for all

Only Star Mega Jam and Renhaird Bonke pulled some crazy massive crowd I have ever seen

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by emmabest2000(m): 9:55am On Oct 22, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
Experience.

Is the best teacher

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by Khalling2007: 9:55am On Oct 22, 2023
You only lose your shoe. Some kept their phones to them and after the crusade, the man parked all the phones and the donations and disappear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by Parydelegate: 9:57am On Oct 22, 2023
grin
Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by Babangidapikin: 9:59am On Oct 22, 2023
At least you walked on holy ground.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by inoki247: 10:00am On Oct 22, 2023
Lol go mosque doz one are regular customers.....

Naso my friend wear maybe 25k slippers or so go Mosque on Friday came back with 100naira Dunlop and I'm sure that Dunlop also na innocent person own he go be grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by Bubu4Sea: 10:01am On Oct 22, 2023
This wan just wan black wash Christianity.

Dem dey comot shoe for crusade,when dem no be white garment?

You are a liar angry
Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by jimmyolasun: 10:03am On Oct 22, 2023
Khalling2007:
You only lose your shoe. Some kept their phones to them and after the crusade, the man parked all the phones and the donations and disappear.

Phones for which year

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by UselessBuharist: 10:04am On Oct 22, 2023
You dey sleep when dem remove your shoe ?
Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by richiemcgold: 10:04am On Oct 22, 2023
Reinhard Bonke really contributed to my spiritual journey in life. He is my 'Godsent'.

5 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by Khalling2007: 10:06am On Oct 22, 2023
Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by Hezzyluv: 10:10am On Oct 22, 2023
Going to the place of worship doesn't mean one has to be careless with his belongings. Some persons goes there solely to still things. If you losegurd, na you Sabi. grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by Houseofglam7(f): 10:26am On Oct 22, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂
Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by victorclean(f): 10:28am On Oct 22, 2023
Also post here the miracles that happens in various churches that often happen than stealing of shoes which rarely occur plus other evils
Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by Sunshine34(m): 10:35am On Oct 22, 2023
Christ, the most precious gift

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Brand New Shoes At A Gospel Crusade Ground by ItisWell22(f): 10:39am On Oct 22, 2023
You’re so right about this. 💯

Unfortunately, most parents of today have misplaced priorities on raising their kids.
They would rather be amazing dancers for views and likes, than be moulded in God’s presence.

jesusjnr2020:
Hence I would urge parents, even if they're not as passionate for God as they would have loved, to bring their children around those who have that passion and fire which they lacked, because the life of my parents weren't much of a direct influence to me but indirectly, through those they brought me and my siblings around, and the places they took us to, as that crusade.
That background they gave me is something I will be eternally grateful to my parents, because i believed that background really helped and contributed significantly to who I am today in Christ.
So please parents, endeavour to take your children to places where there is a fire for God, and where revival is taking place. Bring them around people who are burning hot with passion for God, and you never know.
God bless.

On a lighter note, may not be far from the truth… 😁😂

Nbote:
Your shoes were an answered prayer to someone's prayer point..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. / Why Muslims Dodge Explaining Why Jesus Wasn't Crucified Nor Killed / What It Means To Fall From Grace - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.