Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) (29701 Views)

How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) / Giant Species Banana Trees Found In Papua New Guinea / Please How Do Sell My Plantain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Senkasa(m): 8:58am On Jul 02, 2023
I planted this giant Malaysian plantain suckling (4) 2 weeks ago in my backyard but it is yet to start growing. The other grown plantain tree has around 15 suckling clearly sprouting out but at a slow rate. I once dug hole near the roots and used fertilizer seeds on it but didn't see any result.

On the other hand, my banana sucklings are growing slowly unlike my neighbor's that are growing very fast with the leaves all over the fence.

I heard fowl or pig dump can work wonders but the former is scarce in my area. I am now planning on using pig dump

I need your suggestions pls..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Senkasa(m): 9:05am On Jul 02, 2023
Plantain

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Senkasa(m): 9:08am On Jul 02, 2023
Banana

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Senkasa(m): 9:09am On Jul 02, 2023
nlfpmod seun mynd44 dominique FarmTech Pavore9

Front page please
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Bluezy13(m): 9:10am On Jul 02, 2023
By allowing nature to have its course.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Senkasa(m): 9:15am On Jul 02, 2023
Bluezy13:
By allowing nature to have its course.

No. I need to do something

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by talented321: 9:33am On Jul 02, 2023
Na romance plantain or banana, no vex o
Senkasa:
Banana

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Bluezy13(m): 9:42am On Jul 02, 2023
Senkasa:

No. I need to do something

Okay.
Although the fence serves a purpose of protecting from wind, it also limits its absorption, yet with enough soil to its stem,
(1) Allow it to have maximum attention of the sun (Natural) and/or
(2) Use fertilizer.
(3) Avoid clustering of more than 2 or 3.

Make do with my contribution until you have better ideas.

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Senkasa(m): 11:09am On Jul 02, 2023
Bluezy13:

Okay.
Although the fence serves a purpose of protecting from wind, it also limits its absorption, yet with enough soil to its stem,
(1) Allow it to have maximum attention of the sun (Natural) and/or
(2) Use fertilizer.
(3) Avoid clustering of more than 2 or 3.

Make do with my contribution until you have better ideas.

Should I grind the fertilizer into powder form or use it like that? What is the best fertilizer for plantain?
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Senkasa(m): 11:10am On Jul 02, 2023
talented321:
Na romance plantain or banana, no vex o

No contribution?
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by talented321: 11:16am On Jul 02, 2023
Not much, but i wish u success in your new adventure
Senkasa:

No contribution?
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by talented321: 11:23am On Jul 02, 2023
A
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by UptownVibes(m): 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2023
Create the topic in agric section for professional advice..na preek and toro matter them dey talk more of ,in this section .. when you say grow plantain to banana,I even think say na ur preek you wan grow,cux na romance section be this..

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by nomolos92: 6:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
The land doesn't look fertile

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by labake1(f): 8:07pm On Jul 02, 2023
Add fertilizer, water and be patient

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Bluezy13(m): 8:22pm On Jul 02, 2023
Senkasa:

Should I grind the fertilizer into powder form or use it like that? What is the best fertilizer for plantain?

Nitrogen Phosphorus Potassium known as Fruit Tree Spray. Should be sprayed 4 to 5 feet away round the tree.
Nevertheless, visit fertilizer dealers for advice.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Caramia2020(m): 8:46pm On Jul 02, 2023
Fowl drop is enough

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Mandate2023: 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2023
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by westlius(m): 12:07pm On Jul 03, 2023
Use fowl shit

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by gasparpisciotta: 12:07pm On Jul 03, 2023
Any available space now na farming

sapa resetting brains since 30ad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by jeff1993: 12:07pm On Jul 03, 2023
Bbb
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by bigdammyj: 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2023
Reading...
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by charlizonto: 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2023
Not in this present Government...

Ground no level at all undecided
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by EXLOVER(m): 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2023
Abeg allow it to grow naturally, too many fake bananas in town, Bananas used to make sperm thick before. But this days i nor just understand

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Tealcrestmedia(m): 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2023
On concrete floors?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by BigDawsNet: 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2023
Depends on the soil

If the land is fertile.. it will group fast with large..
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Hezmatosky: 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2023
No be swear o, but am sorry it won't grow. Every living thing is angry with Tinubu angry
Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Nahunger(m): 12:09pm On Jul 03, 2023
Cooking and eating it
This plantain will favour me and my family 🥹

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Porksupplyib: 12:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
Give it time. The banana suckers that are sprouting are doing well. Just give them time.

Your newly planted plantain suckers should do well. Just be patient For a sucker you just planter 2 weeks ago, it needs time to settle down and acclamatize to it's new environment. The roots are yet to hold firm. Your plants are still in a state of shock. Just give the necesary support (water and nutrients in form of fertilizer/manure) and give it time.

Work on your spacing too. I see them getting clustered very soon.

Stop comparing your plants with your neighbours own. You didn't plant at same time grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) by Sirchiboy: 12:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
Senkasa:
I planted this giant Malaysian plantain suckling (4) 2 weeks ago in my backyard but it is yet to start growing. The other grown plantain tree has around 15 suckling clearly sprouting out but at a slow rate. I once dug hole near the roots and used fertilizer seeds on it but didn't see any result.

On the other hand, my banana sucklings are growing slowly unlike my neighbor's that are growing very fast with the leaves all over the fence.

I heard fowl or pig dump can work wonders but the former is scarce in my area. I am now planning on using pig dump

I need your suggestions pls..
Find charcoal and pour it around

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Investment In Catfish Farming (things you need to know) / Cheap Farmland In Ogbomoso. Oyo State / Sack Farming In Limited Yard Space... (yam, Palm, Vegetables)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.