Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History (21289 Views)

NLC Protests Tinubu’s N500bn Subsidy Palliative, Demands 300% Pay Rise / Subsidy Palliative: FG To Pay N5,000 To 10m Households For 6 Months / Tinubu Cites Lack Of Electricity As Greatest Impediment To Economic Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by Oyelakin225(m): 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2023
#5,000 is too small to cushion the effect of fuel subsidy. #5,000 for six months amount to meagre #30,000. What the Bleep can #30,000 do?

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by Oyelakin225(m): 7:37pm On Jul 02, 2023
#5,000 is too small to cushion the effect of fuel subsidy. #5,000 for six months amount to meagre #30,000.
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by humilitypays(m): 7:50pm On Jul 02, 2023
Houseontherock1:
That's obvious. What is palliative? Subsidy is the best palliative any government can offer. Making sure fuel is not stolen across border and monitoring the subsidy would have made life better for everyone. The so-called palliative is just an easier way of stealing undecided
Very simple.
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2023
Subsidy palliatives is just a voice mail.

DOA
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by bablon20(m): 8:01pm On Jul 02, 2023
If the president is seriously serious about cushioning the effect of subsidy removal on the citizens, he should first of fall wipe out agbero in all state, at least that will be a relief for the drivers and the commuters. This is d real palliative that will get to all d citizens. All this money sharing is nothing but a ruse. Arumoje!
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by okoroemeka(m): 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2023
Houseontherock1:
That's obvious. What is palliative? Subsidy is the best palliative any government can offer. Making sure fuel is not stolen across border and monitoring the subsidy would have made life better for everyone. The so-called palliative is just an easier way of stealing undecided
the simple truth,the only palliative they can work on now that will benefit all Nigerians is stable electricity and good roads, everything else will fall into place
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by Opolopoopolonio: 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2023
Sure!

Palliative is a SCAM!! angry
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by slowice(m): 9:17pm On Jul 02, 2023
People that took and hid indomie they didn't buy are the same people you expect to give you palliative grin grin

Lols, men have already positioned themselves to steal everything and release a little to unknown poor
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by ebenholer2(m): 9:29pm On Jul 02, 2023
All I know is that if the subsidy palliative eventually fails we all should be held responsible for such failure honestly. We should stop blaming government always...the masses themselves cause most of the failures in place in the nation through their dishonesty nature in all sectors.
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by CodeTemplar: 9:34pm On Jul 02, 2023
grandstar:
The best palliative for the poor is to lift the protectionist walls against the import of rice, poultry and second hand clothing..

Place a 20% importduty on them. This will not only bring down the price of food, but stem muggling of them into the country, anf raise 100s if billions of Naira for the government from mport duty.

Yes, it would hit poultry owners and rice farmers hard but creative destruction will eventually do its work. And again, the gain will be far greater than the loss

you don't know what you talking. Lifting protectionist walls to import won't make bandits leave farmers alone to keep their prices competitive internationally. It won't make power stable. It won't stop agbero from inflating final good prices when they extort transporters of goods and humans.
Your halfbaked economic suggestions don't take into account the failings of the leaders to put thing in place. You so much believe I'm chess-like moves of soft policies making. A bandit who can tax and levy a rice farmer will equally tax and levy a corn or cocoa farmer successfully. Having comparative advantage in certain good production doesn't mean if you allow agbero and task forces extort transportets of those goods, it will get to Intl market at competitive rates. What you have in your head are cataclysmic fantasies and not realistic solution.
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by CodeTemplar: 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2023
Oyelakin225:
#5,000 is too small to cushion the effect of fuel subsidy. #5,000 for six months amount to meagre #30,000. What the Bleep can #30,000 do?
that's why I favour tackling issues from root. If the govt focuses on attending public issues diligently as they ought to, will bandits go scot free and be kidnapping producers of what money is meant to buy?
All what Tinubu is after is how to redirect money that's fast loosing value instead of ramping up the value of the money with production thus killing two birds with one stone. Production will create jobs, earn us forex because when competitions drives down prices by supply exceeding demand, export becomes feasible and forex is earned. It will also destroy lack. The govt instead leaves taxpayers and productive people at the hands of kidnappers, bandits and thugs. No cheap power. No good storage.
They just want to tax the people then impress the people with their own wealth.
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by grandstar(m): 9:56pm On Jul 02, 2023
CodeTemplar:
you don't know what you talking. Lifting protectionist walls to import won't make bandits leave farmers alone to keep their prices competitive internationally. It won't make power stable. It won't stop agbero from inflating final good prices when they extort transporters of goods and humans.
Your halfbaked economic suggestions don't take into account the failings of the leaders to put thing in place. You so much believe I'm chess-like moves of soft policies making. A bandit who can tax and levy a rice farmer will equally tax and levy a corn or cocoa farmer successfully. Having comparative advantage in certain good production doesn't mean if you allow agbero and task forces extort transportets of those goods, it will get to Intl market at competitive rates. What you have in your head are cataclysmic fantasies and not realistic solution.

Do you know we have people who actually studied economics in university here and many concur with my views? I know you didn't study economics due to some of your views.

An economist concurring with me is a square peg in a square hole while you're a square peg in a round hole.

I can't know more than those who studied it.
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by DaRuud(m): 10:00pm On Jul 02, 2023
That's obvious fact . Subsidizing fuel ⛽ to #250 or #300 is the best palliative any government can offer. Making sure fuel is not stolen across border and monitoring the subsidy would have made life better for everyone.
The cabals who were siphoning our fuel to neighboring country need to be punished and brought to book , the likes of Sadiya who feed children online need to be prosecuted .
The so-called palliative they are talking about is just an easier conduit pipe way of stealing money .
Palliative that won't reach us but NEPA bills will locate us even inside hole

astana1:

Source: https://dailytrust.com/subsidy-palliative-could-end-up-as-greatest-robbery-in-nigerias-history-prof-jibrin-ibrahim/
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by DaRuud(m): 10:03pm On Jul 02, 2023
I have watched the movie , I time travelled 4 years ahead and no palliative was shared , some people siphoned the money and no cabal was brought to book , Emefiele was given a 2 years jail sentence , Malamin , EFCC chair and Sadiya E- feeding were given bail condition.

Nigerians suffered in the movie cos they continue to buy fuel at #540 with queue self .

I have watched this movie .ask me questions if you think am lying

CondenseMilk:
The government cannot be trusted!
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by DaRuud(m): 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2023
I have watched the movie , I time travelled 4 years ahead and no palliative was shared , some people siphoned the money and no cabal was brought to book , Emefiele was given a 2 years jail sentence , Malamin , EFCC chair and Sadiya E- feeding were given bail condition.

Nigerians suffered in the movie cos they continue to buy fuel at #540#700 with long queue self .

CondenseMilk:
The government cannot be trusted!
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by pekisdgee(m): 10:50pm On Jul 02, 2023
Shege Pro max we must learn as one Nigerians... we still dey learn
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by Originalsly: 11:10pm On Jul 02, 2023
Any palliative has to be a subsidy on fuel... how can they remove a palliative and now trying to find a palliative to replace the one just removed? The FG can control all fuel. ... add colour to it ... then confiscate any of it sold above a fixed price ..... and put harsh laws in place to discourage smuggling to neighboring countries.
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by Vitally123: 11:53pm On Jul 02, 2023
So what have they done with the much touted recovery?
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by drololaaof: 1:03am On Jul 03, 2023
abibox02:
Since they horded Covid-19 Palliative when their people are dying, they will surely steal this fund. It is just more money to steal for them, simple!
It is unfortunate that they say that they are selling petrol at lower price but there is no palliative that the masses have enjoyed,those in authority or in charge are always the beneficiaries.
The #5000 transfer during Buhari I don't know anybody that is a beneficiary, yet they claimed billions are being expended.
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 03, 2023
DaRuud:

Nigerians suffered in the movie cos they continue to buy fuel at #540#700 with long queue self .

What's the stability of our currency with the $ ?
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by Bluntemperor: 6:39am On Jul 03, 2023
Ofunaofu:
grin

This Professor could not challenge the Minister of Humanitarian Dissaster,who up till now could not and explain the Homongous Money given to her!
Why can't he ( Prof) talked at that time that they shared the Covid-19 Money up North and the Northern leaders kept quite, while Nigerian Masses,were in penury of lockdown for over 2- yrs!
This is hypocritical!
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by blessgreg: 6:41am On Jul 03, 2023
Exactly. Subsidy benefit both the rich and the poor. Atleast the cheap fuel we were buying is a benefit to the poor. This is something no matter how little that reaches the poor. So govt should stop deceiving the poor by bringing back subsidies. Even if it's one naira subsidy to make petrol cheaper is part of physical national cake the poor benefit.
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by Owologbo(m): 7:07am On Jul 03, 2023
astana1:

Source: https://dailytrust.com/subsidy-palliative-could-end-up-as-greatest-robbery-in-nigerias-history-prof-jibrin-ibrahim/

they should keep carrying Emefiele on their heads because he's a minority while they look the other side when it comes to other majority criminals.
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:23am On Jul 03, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by starz100: 7:42am On Jul 03, 2023
Very true
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by jaxxy(m): 8:01am On Jul 03, 2023
There is nothing like subsidy palliatives. It's does not exist in Nigeria because of thr criminal that use lack of Government transparency to steal.
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by Akaujaa(m): 10:39am On Jul 03, 2023
Houseontherock1:

Exactly my point.👍
Re: Subsidy Palliative Could End Up As Greatest Robbery In Nigeria’s History by fabolouz1(m): 11:02am On Jul 03, 2023
Sure - p remains the most transparent palliative ever in the history of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obono-obla's Certificate Is Authentic As WAEC Goofs,uploads Original Result (PIC / 17 Impeached Deputy Governors Since 1999 / FG To Prevent APC From Forming Parallel Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.