Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers (716 Views)

Lagos: Sanwo-Olu To Increase Salary Of Workers. / Cdc Fact Check: Did Tinubu Increase Lagos Igr From 600 Million To N5 Billion? / Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by SadiqBabaSani: 11:52am On Jul 02, 2023
What will Tinubu do about the current hardship in the land?

If Tinubu does not increase Salaries amongst ither measures as a matter of urgency, he will be pushing the masses too into extreme poverty .

All the fake economists that will come and preach inflation may thunder strike una
Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by waledeji(m): 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:

If Tinubu does not increase Salaries amongst ither measures as a matter of urgency, he will be pushing the masses too into extreme poverty .

All the fake economists that will come and preach inflation may thunder strike una

1 Like

Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by GeneralPula: 12:42pm On Jul 02, 2023
For sure!
Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by Kukutenla: 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2023
GeneralPula:
For sure!
Hahaha
So even the zombies are praying and hoping for salary increment!!!

Whatever happened to suffer today to enjoy tomorrow

3 Likes

Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by smileyoo: 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2023
Kukutenla:

Hahaha

you funny oooo.
what of, if the suffer kill them before that their fantasy tomorrow comes ?

1 Like

Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by GeneralPula: 1:48pm On Jul 02, 2023
Kukutenla:

Hahaha

Nobody’s dragging your choice with you..

You can write your state Governor not to accept salary increment from FG..

1 Like

Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by Adurax: 1:50pm On Jul 02, 2023
Pray hard
Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by Achobaisiochu: 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:

When you are voting for him, you don't know you are voting for extreme poverty? Now you know! Do you think Government increase salary with mouth?
For Government to increase salary they need to make more money that will cover up.
And how will they make the money when corruption has eaten deep into the system, when incompetent leaders are being elected everyday by you people.
Do you know how far backward the past administration has taken us to? Still you elected another one. If you know you won't be talking about salary increment.
Tinubu can only increase the salary by borrowing, but before he borrows, how about the one we are owing? Have we repay it back?
NOTE: Electing leaders that can think about investment, that is the only solution Nigeria need now.
Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by LegendHero(m): 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2023
It is not a matter of “will”, you are asking the wrong question.

Your question should be “How much increase will Tinubu FG give to the workers?”.

They already started the process of minimum wage increase, we are just waiting to hear how much it will be.

1 Like

Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by Kukutenla: 2:09pm On Jul 02, 2023
GeneralPula:

Nobody’s dragging your choice with you..

You can write your state Governor not to accept salary increment from FG..
My choice?

You must have me confused with Parachoco grin
Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by Femmyfamous4u(m): 2:12pm On Jul 02, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:

He will definitely do that. The minimum wage will begin in August, 2023.
Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by Kukutenla: 2:12pm On Jul 02, 2023
LegendHero:
It is not a matter of “will”, you are asking the wrong question.

Your question should be “How much increase will Tinubu FG give to the workers?”.

They already started the process of minimum wage increase, we are just waiting to hear how much it will be.
What stage are they in the process now?
Who are those driving the process and why have they not been unveiled to the public?

Stop deceiving people. There's no process ongoing for wage increase as at today. There's a process for minimum wage increase as provided for by our laws and it's not possible for that process to start if there's no minister for Labour
Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by Kukutenla: 2:13pm On Jul 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

He will definitely do that. The minimum wage will begin in August, 2023.
Where is this date coming from?
Are you a govt spokesman or just a dreamer?
Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by LegendHero(m): 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2023
Kukutenla:

What stage are they in the process now?
Who are those driving the process and why have they not been unveiled to the public?

Stop deceiving people. There's no process ongoing for wage increase as at today. There's a process for minimum wage increase as provided for by our laws and it's not possible for that process to start if there's no minister for Labour

Leave Nairaland and go and read news so you can stop ridiculing yourself online.

Do you think Tinubu jazzed the Labour union for them not to scatter everywhere? They are all in the process of the increase so everyone is keeping calm until they unveil it, then they can act.

1 Like

Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by Femmyfamous4u(m): 2:18pm On Jul 02, 2023
Kukutenla:

Where is this date coming from?
Are you a govt spokesman or just a dreamer?

I am not a dreamer. A committee was set up headed by the VP and that was the date given.
Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by Kukutenla: 2:20pm On Jul 02, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

I am not a dreamer. A committee was set up headed by the VP and that was the date given.
Wrong!! The committee headed by the VP (NEC you mean?) is to look into palliatives generally and not wage increase. They are to submit their report which will then be worked on.
So the committee is not dedicated to wage increase as you assumed

1 Like

Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by Odibembem: 2:23pm On Jul 02, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:

Are civil servants the only workers in Nigeria? Are they even up to 10%? So even if he increases their salaries, who will increase salary of private sector and self employed? Will u force private sector who is barely breaking even to increase salary and then close shop? How will help get to non civil servants and non salaried people? FG should not spend our money only on civil servants pls. Look for other ways to assist like mass transit buses everyone can use
Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by Kukutenla: 2:28pm On Jul 02, 2023
LegendHero:

Leave Nairaland and go and read news so you can stop ridiculing yourself online.

Do you think Tinubu jazzed the Labour union for them not to scatter everywhere? They are all in the process of the increase so everyone is keeping calm until they unveil it, then they can act.

This is why it is always dangerous to rely on headline alone.

The Federal Government, on Monday, said it had set up a steering committee to consider the various demands presented by the organised labour following the removal of fuel subsidy.

This is the first line of your headline. I didn't bother to copy everything cause you can go and read it by yourself. Nowhere was minimum wage mentioned by all they quoted, be it labour or govt reps.

Besides that, be properly educated that the procedure for minimum wage increase requires presenting an executive bill before NASS for passage before the president assent. The Bill must have the signature of the minister for Labour before it can be presented by same person to FEC to sit on and approve.
For an individual who spends last eight year defending govt you don't seem well informed
Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by LegendHero(m): 2:56pm On Jul 02, 2023
Kukutenla:

This is why it is always dangerous to rely on headline alone.

This is the first line of your headline. I didn't bother to copy everything cause you can go and read it by yourself. Nowhere was minimum wage mentioned by all they quoted, be it labour or govt reps.

Besides that, be properly educated that the procedure for minimum wage increase requires presenting an executive bill before NASS for passage before the president assent. The Bill must have the signature of the minister for Labour before it can be presented by same person to FEC to sit on and approve.
For an individual who spends last eight year defending govt you don't seem well informed

So what should I do with this jargons?

You were initially running your mouth that there is no plan to increase minimum wage, then I told you there is plan in motion and now you’re talking to be about some labor bla bla.

You think the FG and Labor guys that consented to the wage increment are dumb and don’t know what it entails to get it approved?
Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by Kukutenla: 3:05pm On Jul 02, 2023
LegendHero:

So what should I do with this jargons?

You were initially running your mouth that there is no plan to increase minimum wage, then I told you there is plan in motion and now you’re talking to be about some labor bla bla.

You think the FG and Labor guys that consented to the wage increment are dumb and don’t know what it entails to get it approved?
Stop trying to be smart by half. Your claim is that the process is ongoing and I'm telling you there's no process on ground. All this twisting and turning words around from process to plan and consent makes no sense when there's no minimum wage committee in place yet.
Learn to read and understand.
What the present committee is doing is looking at all the demands of labour with a view to harmonising them and seeing if and how they can work. That's what your link meant by "to consider". There's no agreement on anything yet, be it minimum wage or any other palliatives. That's my point.

1 Like

Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by LegendHero(m): 3:13pm On Jul 02, 2023
Kukutenla:

Stop trying to be smart by half. Your claim is that the process is ongoing and I'm telling you there's no process on ground. All this twisting and turning to plan and consent makes no sense when there's no minimum wage committee in place yet.
Learn to read and understand.
What the present committee is doing is looking at all the demands of labour with a view to harmonising them and seeing if and how they can work. There's no agreement on anything yet, be it minimum wage or any other palliatives. That's my point.

You’re saying nonsense.

Minimum wage review committee is already set up. This is June 20 statement from Reuters for example.

You set up the committee (already done), they reach agreement with labor on the actual Increase % (they have few weeks ultimatum for this which they already started), then the government execute it.

How is this hard to understand for heaven sake? No government will just rise up and say “this is minimum wage”, you need to set up a committee first with the beneficiaries who are the Labour union and seek their approval on the amount so wahala no go happen. They’ve started that and it’s called the minimum wage committee and they have 8 weeks to submit the report:m. Then the FG execute with following the law of the land.

What’s hard to understand in this?

Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by Kukutenla: 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2023
LegendHero:

You’re saying nonsense.

Minimum wage committee is already set up. This is June 20 statement from Reuters for example.

You set up the committee (already done), they reach agreement with labor on the actual Increase % (they have few weeks ultimatum for this which they already started), then the government execute it.

How is this hard to understand for heaven sake?
Oh. Good. So by your understanding, the new minimum wage will take effect in 8 weeks from 20th June which will be 21st August. Do you agree?

Can you share the names of the members of the minimum wage review committee?
Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by Kukutenla: 3:25pm On Jul 02, 2023
LegendHero:

You’re saying nonsense.

Minimum wage review committee is already set up. This is June 20 statement from Reuters for example.

How is this hard to understand for heaven sake?
No government will just rise up and say “this is minimum wage”, you need to set up a committee first with the beneficiaries who are the Labour union and seek their approval on the amount so wahala no go happen. They’ve started that and it’s called the minimum wage committee and they have 8 weeks to submit the report:m. Then the FG execute with following the law of the land.

What’s hard to understand in this?

The bolded is the part you keep missing. Labour made a demand to govt based on subsidy removal. The demand includes among other things, minimum wage. The request is not an initiative of govt as you put it. Ordinarily, minimum wage is supposed to be reviewed every five years which means with the one done in 2019, the next review is due in 2024. That's where I'm going with my argument with you. Will the govt implement labour's demand of 200k and will it do so this year given the dire straight Nigerians are in?
That's what should be paramount and not this your claim that FG has already agreed to increase minimum wage and is only waiting for labour's approval.
Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by LegendHero(m): 3:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
Kukutenla:

The bolded is the part you keep missing. Labour made a demand to govt based on subsidy removal. The demand includes among other things, minimum wage. The request is not an initiative of govt as you put it. Ordinarily, minimum wage is supposed to be reviewed every five years which means with the one done in 2019, the next review is due in 2024. That's where I'm going with my argument with you. Will the govt implement labour's demand of 200k and will it do so this year given the dire straight Nigerians are in?
That's what should be paramount and not this your claim that FG has already agreed to increase minimum wage and is only waiting for labour's approval.

No you are mixing things up.

It is a two way thing. It is an initiation of the government right from the start to call Labor to the negotiation table. After fuel subsidy removal, the response of Labor is to go into full blown strike and the government had to call them to the table to negotiate. From there the FG brought some of their own offer that involve minimum wage and etx and labor also brought their own demand of minimum wage as terms not to proceed on strike.

In Tinubu manifesto, minimum wage is part of what he highlighted.

Then the FG set up a minimum wage review committee that include FG and Labor union to conclude on the actual figure the minimum wage increase will be.

Tinubu normally know the card to play to make the Labor agree to subsidy removal is to increase minimum wage. Even a 10 year old kid know that. The main issue is “How Much”.

I don’t know why we are having this argument coz we are just going around in circles.

Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by Kukutenla: 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2023
LegendHero:

No you are mixing things up.

It is a two way thing. It is an initiation of the government right from the start to call Labor to the negotiation table. After fuel subsidy removal, the response of Labor is to go into full blown strike and the government had to call them to the table to negotiate. From there the FG brought some of their own offer that involve minimum wage and etx and labor also brought their own demand of minimum wage as terms not to proceed on strike.

Then the FG set up a minimum wage review committee that include FG and Labor union to conclude on the actual figure the minimum wage increase will be.

I don’t know why we are having this argument coz we are just going around in circles.
I still keep insisting to you that despite all this headlines you keep cutting around, there's no minimum wage committee in place. Minimum wage committee usually involves representatives from NSWIC and ministry of labour, private sector and states as well as labour. What is in place is a committee to look at the demands of labour to cushion subsidy removal which includes minimum wage. Each demand has a subcommittee and they will submit their report on each subject to the main committee which will harmonise and submit to FG. That's my point. There's no agreement in place yet. The committee has to submit its report and govt accept before you can say there's an agreement. Go and check how the whole thing panned out in 2018/19 with back and forth to know how things are done.

I don't know about who started what but what is in the public domain is that labour requested for minimum wage increase. I never heard FG proposed wage increase. If you did, let me see.
Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by Risentouch(m): 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2023
Pray harder, I hope you have received June salary?
Re: Will Tinubu Increase Salary Of Workers by obi4eze(m): 4:28pm On Jul 02, 2023
grin grin grin

Government of renewed shege. I hope he will increase it by at least 114% so that his boys can stop crying grin

(1) (Reply)

How INEC Witness Goofed–ict Director Couldn't Read Results Downloaded From IREV / Tell Niger Coupists To Go Bed With Their Eyes Closed / Breaking: Obaseki Reportedly Set To Impeach Deputy In Contempt Of Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.