Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial (68770 Views)

Police Officer In Uniform Preaching At A Market In Anambra (Video) / Ven Ernest Ezumezu, Anglican Priest Dies While Preaching At A Wedding In Anambra / Policeman In Uniform Preaching At Alaba Market, Lagos (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by aking123(m): 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
The Lead Pastor of The Evening Church in Uyo, Akwa Ibom, Pastor Runcie Mike, is dead.

He died on Saturday 1st July few hours after preaching at burial service of a church member who was buried on Friday.

Before the burial he posted on his wall:
” I don’t even know how to process the emotions since i heard of your demise after the surgery we spoke about, then to be told that i was going to be the one officiating the funeral is too hard for me to bear as this will be the first time i will be officiating a funeral in my entire life. I hope it goes smooth cuz this will be too triggering.” Travel in the light Dear Eka till we meet again across the narrow bridge.”

During the burial services on Friday, he was emotional and weeping like a baby
because the deceased was very close to him and few hours after the burial he was said to be dead.

When the news broke, many of the church members labelled it fake news as it was extremely sudden.

The leadership of the church later confirmed the sad development.

According to the church, Pastor Mike who officiated a burial service on Friday died on Saturday, 1st of July, 2023.

He was said to have died after a brief sickness.
Source: https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/07/02/tears-flow-as-lead-pastor-of-the-evening-church-runcie-mike-dies-suddenly/

1 Like

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by talented321: 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2023
Rip.
The one under me if it is was a yahoo boy or olosho that die this way you would quote the world bible, forgetting that inside your church house sef people they die everyday.
You people just dey use people parents dey catch cruise for this naija.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by Righteousness2(m): 2:46pm On Jul 02, 2023
Condolences to their Families.

We keep saying this but many take it as a joke.

Listen! The Breath in you is not in your Power. No matter what you eat, or how you Exercise, that breath in your Nostril is not in your Power. It could be gone at Any moment.

Live this life in the Conciousness of Eternity.
Live this life in Total Surrender to JESUS CHRIST.

ETERNITY is a Serious Matter.
Heaven and Hell are Real.
If you Miss Heaven. You cannot miss Hell.
Mercy expires at Death. There is no repentance in the Grave.
JESUS ONLY is the Way to HEAVEN

242 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
Sad.

Especially for those who were close to both of them who seem very young.

But unfortunately death is no respecter of persons no matter the age.

And after death comes judgement.

Hebrews 9:7 (KJV)

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

Try and live prepared.

God bless.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by Alajenboko: 3:02pm On Jul 02, 2023
This is Sad

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by Toluwanise247(m): 3:05pm On Jul 02, 2023
Oku ńsukún oku akaso leri sukún arawon

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by decatalyst(m): 3:20pm On Jul 02, 2023
That's a double loss for the body of Christ and the large family.

May their souls rest in peace.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by RenaissanceGuy: 3:32pm On Jul 02, 2023
decatalyst:
That's a double loss for the body of Christ and the large family.
May their souls rest in peace.
Praying for a dead person is futility. It's what they were before their death that determines whether they find peace or damnation in the hereafter.
You may only pray for God to grant their families the strength to bear the loss.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by gaby(m): 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
Strangely strange, but that's what life is all about...

One minute, here, the next minute, gone...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by Stawner16(m): 4:48pm On Jul 02, 2023
gaby:
Strangely strange, but that's what life is all about...

One minute, here, the next minute, gone...

When that realization dawns on you is when you start LIVING. You came alone, you’ll leave alone. Might as well live your life to the fullest. No effs given about nobody’s validation coz when it’s all said and done, it’s only you on that lonely walk off earth when it’s time.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by sageb: 8:36pm On Jul 02, 2023
aking123:
The Lead Pastor of The Evening Church in Uyo, Akwa Ibom, Pastor Runcie Mike, is dead.

He died on Saturday 1st July few hours after preaching at burial service of a church member who was buried on Friday.

Before the burial he posted on his wall:
” I don’t even know how to process the emotions since i heard of your demise after the surgery we spoke about, then to be told that i was going to be the one officiating the funeral is too hard for me to bear as this will be the first time i will be officiating a funeral in my entire life. I hope it goes smooth cuz this will be too triggering.” Travel in the light Dear Eka till we meet again across the narrow bridge.”

During the burial services on Friday, he was emotional and weeping like a baby
because the deceased was very close to him and few hours after the burial he was said to dead

When the news broke, many of the church members labelled it fake news as it was extremely sudden.

The leadership of the church later confirmed the sad development.

According to the church, Pastor Mike who officiated a burial service on Friday died on Saturday, 1st of July, 2023.

He was said to have died after a brief sickness.

His tweet:

Source: https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/07/02/tears-flow-as-lead-pastor-of-the-evening-church-runcie-mike-dies-suddenly/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

R.I.P to A great preacher

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by Ishilove: 8:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
This is so weird... You preach at someone's burial (someone you're very close to), and the next couple of hours you're dead.

There's more to this than meets the eyes

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:54pm On Jul 02, 2023
May the souls of the departed Rest in peace.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by Reminderz: 8:54pm On Jul 02, 2023
it's better to live a good life and find out there's no God and life after death, than to live a bad life and realise that there's life after death, heaven and hell...

Death is the certainty every man must experience...

23 Likes

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by Aforxzy(f): 8:54pm On Jul 02, 2023
Sad. He looks young and healthy. What could have cut short his life. Battles within..

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by Made2Last: 8:54pm On Jul 02, 2023
The way of all flesh...

It can come in any form...

As long as you are a second old, you are old enough to die

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by Skyfornia(m): 8:55pm On Jul 02, 2023
May his soul rest in peace...people rarely show sign of sickness or weakness nowadays before kicking the bucket. You will see a very healthy person today looking so agile and tomorrow he is gone.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by carreport(m): 8:56pm On Jul 02, 2023
Rip

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by michoim(m): 8:56pm On Jul 02, 2023
Righteousness2:
Condolences to their Families.

We keep saying this but many take it as a joke.

Listen! The Breath in you is not in your Power. No matter what you eat, or how you Exercise, that breath in your Nostril is not in your Power. It could be gone at Any moment.

Live this life in the Conciousness of Eternity.
Live this life in Total Surrender to JESUS CHRIST.

ETERNITY is a Serious Matter.
Heaven and Hell are Real.
If you Miss Heaven. You cannot miss Hell.
Mercy expires at Death. There is no repentance in the Grave.
JESUS ONLY is the Way to HEAVEN
Nice one...

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by omoredia: 8:56pm On Jul 02, 2023
What matters in life is how well and not how long

1 Like

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by flexyrule(m): 8:56pm On Jul 02, 2023
RIP
Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by wiseone28: 8:57pm On Jul 02, 2023
That's life for you

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by ATEAMS: 8:57pm On Jul 02, 2023
Last sermon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by Senioradvocate(m): 8:57pm On Jul 02, 2023
angry

I actually booked this space to say something
But I've changed my mind

It's only God that knows everything

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by Sultty(m): 8:57pm On Jul 02, 2023
could be caused by too much grieve. Rip to him

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by NOC1(m): 8:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
Nothing kills like the sorrow of the heart, I don't know what they call that cry in English, you cry inside your heart that you can't cry out, so traumatised that you can't say anything.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by mbahdi(m): 8:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
Rip sir
We sud be vigilant watch n pray fo d days are evil

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by Chibuzoripob: 8:59pm On Jul 02, 2023
sad
Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by marlow1962(m): 8:59pm On Jul 02, 2023
Ah
Re: Pastor Runcie Mike Dies Hours After Preaching At A Burial by Nairalander248: 8:59pm On Jul 02, 2023
See subject of the post... Who confirmed his death is connected to the burial he attended ??

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Arrested By SSS At COZA / Pastor Calls Out Lady In Front Of Congregation Over Her Unusual Hairstyle.Photos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: It's Not Trump That They Hate, It's You, The Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.