Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

IPOB Dismisses Rumour Of One Week Sit-At Home In South East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Dismisses Rumour Of One Week Sit-At Home In South East (275 Views)

We Can’t Afford Ekpa’s Two-week Sit-at-home Order – Gov Otti / Get Ready For 3-Week & 4-Week Sit-At-Home, If Kanu Is Not Released - Simon Ekpa / Mbah Sets Heavy Security Presence In Enugu Ahead Of Ekpa’s 2-Week Sit-At-Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Dismisses Rumour Of One Week Sit-At Home In South East by jaybenugo: 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has dismissed an audio message circulating on social media asking residents of the southeast to observe a one-week sit-at-home from July 3 to 10, IGBERETV reports.

The sit-at-home order, purported to have come from IPOB, with the tag #FreeNnamdiKanu, is aimed at forcing the Federal Government to release Nnamdi Kanu, who has been in the custody of the Department of State Services (DSS).

The audio message claimed that there will be dire consequences for anyone who ventures out on the said dates.

Dismissing the audio message through the media and publicity secretary of the group, Mr Emma Powerful, said that the audio message was not from them.

“You must know whom madness sit-at-home is, and the criminal who is illegally destroying our land.

“I will issue an official press release against it in the audio, but for now, the leadership (of IPOB) has asked me not to give it attention or attraction,” he said.

IPOB had first declared every Monday a sit-at-home day in the South East, as a way to compel the Federal Government to release its leader Kanu, but later canceled it, upon plea that the exercise was taking a toll on the economy of the region.

Despite the cancellation, a factional leader of the group, Simon Ekpa, who is based in Finland, has continually supported the Monday exercise, and even threatened governors of Anambra and Enugu, who had spoken and cancelled the exercise in their states.

https://igberetvnews.com/1447663/ipob-dismisses-rumour-one-week-sit-home-south-east/

Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44 nlfpmod

Re: IPOB Dismisses Rumour Of One Week Sit-At Home In South East by Sadonyx: 6:22pm On Jul 02, 2023
This sit at home has been hijacked by some hooligans
Re: IPOB Dismisses Rumour Of One Week Sit-At Home In South East by triple996(m): 6:29pm On Jul 02, 2023
grin
Re: IPOB Dismisses Rumour Of One Week Sit-At Home In South East by saintjimos(m): 6:33pm On Jul 02, 2023
This should be true

Because how can Simone Ekpa be in Finland and be making threats without considering the poor masses

If he wants to fight the govt, he should come back to Nigeria and feel the hit
Re: IPOB Dismisses Rumour Of One Week Sit-At Home In South East by loosecanon50(m): 6:42pm On Jul 02, 2023
Simon Ekpa is in cahoots with Asari Dokubo...na Dem dey worry south easterners. See how they were freely brandishing weapons few weeks ago as if they were in a war zone.

When they do their nonsense finish, they will pin it on ipob. Asari Dokubo and his henchmen are the unknown gunmen.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Dismisses Rumour Of One Week Sit-At Home In South East by Austineva(m): 6:43pm On Jul 02, 2023
Update
Disregard any criminals telling you that the 7days sit@home is a rumour, if you are in Biafra Land please kindly and quietly sit @home from 3rd-10th for ur own good. Say I tell you, do not say u heard it. Inform ur neighbors

Re: IPOB Dismisses Rumour Of One Week Sit-At Home In South East by Adurax: 6:47pm On Jul 02, 2023
Crazy people
Re: IPOB Dismisses Rumour Of One Week Sit-At Home In South East by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:12pm On Jul 02, 2023
Austineva:
Update
Disregard any criminals telling you that the 7days sit@home is a rumour, if you are in Biafra Land please kindly and quietly sit @home from 3rd-10th for ur own good. Say I tell you, do not say u heard it. Inform ur neighbors
When would you and Ekpa come and observe the sit at home?
Re: IPOB Dismisses Rumour Of One Week Sit-At Home In South East by Okoroawusa: 7:13pm On Jul 02, 2023
Gidgiddy come and give us the real update

(1) (Reply)

The Poorest To Get 8k Monthly, While The Rich Gets 70billion. / I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi / This Is How I Roll Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.