Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi (275 Views)

Obidents Celebrate Peter Obi's 62nd Birthday With Gifts And Merriment / Peter Obi Tells Obidients How To Celebrate His 62nd Birthday / David Lyon Attends Goodluck Jonathan’s 62nd Birthday Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by Wealthoptulent(m): 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2023
Former Anambra State Governor and Labour Party presidential candidate in the 2023 geleral election, Peter Obi, is marking his 62nd birthday on Wednesday, July 19, 2023. However, he opted not to celebrate his birthday due to his deep concerns about the current deplorable state of Nigeria.

In a series of tweets, Obi expressed his gratitude to God for His infinite mercies but reaffirmed his decision of over 20 years not to celebrate his birthdays in the present state of the nation.
Instead, he urged his friends, members of the Labour Party, OBIdient Family, and supporters who wished to celebrate him to direct their generosity towards those in need, particularly in the midst of the ongoing difficult times.
Obi suggested visiting hospitals, orphanages, homes for the aged, and people with disabilities to offer generous gifts. Additionally, he encouraged support for schools in remote areas by providing them with basic amenities. For those willing to contribute further, he urged them to visit various Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camps across the country.
The former governor emphasised that the sacrifices for a better Nigeria should begin with the leaders and well-placed individuals. He expressed grave concerns about the prevailing insecurity, violence, and bloodshed in the country, citing recent incidents in Mangu LGA, Plateau State, and Akpuuna, Diom communities in Ukum LGA, Benue State.
Obi stated that he wishes to celebrate in a "New Nigeria" where the lives and properties of citizens are secure, a productive Nigeria that creates opportunities for the youths, and a Nigeria that works for all citizens, bringing a sense of pride to Nigerians.
He concluded by urging fellow Nigerians to envision the possibilities of a New Nigeria, believing in the nation's potential for positive transformation.
#PulseNews

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuzMAi2tIm5/

2 Likes

Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by TemplarLandry: 3:30pm On Jul 17, 2023
grin HoeB the lying machine.
Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by illicit(m): 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2023
Honestly there's too much unnecessary killings going on in the east
Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by taylor89(m): 3:35pm On Jul 17, 2023
cry
Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by HeeBraHim2(m): 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2023
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by WhisperedNoise: 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Get a life. You need it.

2 Likes

Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by HeeBraHim2(m): 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2023
Mr Deportivo doesn't loose sleep over the killing in the South East when he come from. There is no peace like this in the landlock region.

Werey no wan talk about that one in order not to lose the support of the terrorist group who he tagged as PEACEFUL PEOPLE.

The spokesperson of IPOB found his sudden love for Nigeria, very funny.
Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by Tochi3(m): 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2023
TemplarLandry:

Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by chidexleo: 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2023
The man with a heart of Gold, your love for the poor Nigerians can never be over emphasised.
May the good God bless you always

3 Likes

Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by chidiokay: 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2023
Yeye ! which one he don celebrate share rice, stingy man sabi birthday angry

People celebrate rounds figures 30, 50, 60, 70 yrs so what is there about 62 to celebrate or call paso
Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by Wealthoptulent(m): 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Aje..
Nigeria wey dey Deplorable before he was born, Nigeria senior am for age na with a year.. DEPLORABLE State wey don clock 63, him wey be 62 wan repair.... himtoolie, lamba.. but him foot soldier are as empty as AIR, watch dem lick the hind (client above the above comment). Him sabi their mumu button .. especially their cheer leader #mumunever do grandpa , 70 year old a mumu man grin

chidexleo:
The man with a heart of Gold, your love poor Nigerians can never be over emphasised
U see them ? Net don cath this one
chidexleo:

OBi is a good man who mean well for Nigeria and you know it
I am sorry my bro, I don't know it, I don't know him... he is a typical politician, I have never met him.
I no dey famz, come say wetin I know know 44 -4 = 40 ✌
Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by Ihateheadslamer: 3:50pm On Jul 17, 2023
Incoherent outburst from the new town crier in town tongue
chidiokay:
Yeye ! which one he don celebrate share rice, stingy man sabi birthday angry

People celebrate rounds figures 30, 50, 60, 70 yrs so what is there about 62 to celebrate or call paso

1 Like

Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by Ihateheadslamer: 3:52pm On Jul 17, 2023
Uncle tell us another story tongue
TemplarLandry:

1 Like

Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by chidexleo: 3:52pm On Jul 17, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

Aje..

U see them ? Net don cath this one

OBi is a good man who mean well for Nigeria and you know it
Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by Jostoman: 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2023
Good man with good heart.
Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by Luckylife(m): 3:57pm On Jul 17, 2023
The only man God sent to salvage Nigeria but those that have been destroying this country are fighting against the freedom of the masses.
Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by Christistruth03: 3:57pm On Jul 17, 2023
He means the deplorable State of his SE Region that has been handed over to IPOB and Simon Ekpa with his help

Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by Igwe9(m): 3:58pm On Jul 17, 2023
Yeah, lead by example
Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by seanfer(m): 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2023
As if He has been celebrating it or having any public gathering in the past.....
Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by OVB123: 4:16pm On Jul 17, 2023
TemplarLandry:
He too dey lie.
Re: I Won't Celebrate My 62nd Birthday, Due To Nigeria's Deplorable State- Peter Obi by Mynd44: 4:19pm On Jul 17, 2023

(1)

Udom Returns, to Declare Akwa Ibom Dialogue Summit, Open / Hon Okey Mba Emerges Chairman House Committee On Housing & Foreign Investment. / Rate President Tinubu’s Performance So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.