Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

774ngr's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 774ngr's Profile / 774ngr's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (of 7 pages)

Crime / OPC Operatives Arrest Notorious Kidnapper, Fulani Warlord In Ibarapa, Oyo State by 774ngr: 6:25am On Mar 08, 2021
Iskilu Wakili, a Fulani warlord and kidnapper, has finally met his waterloo following his arrest by the operatives of the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC).

Wakili, known for seizing hectares of farmlands, molesting the women of the host community, and kidnapping rich people for ransom in the Ibarapa axis of Oyo state, was nabbed on Sunday.

Speaking through his media aide Kehinde Aderemi, national OPC leader and Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland, Chief Gani Adams, confirmed the arrest.

He, however, said the details of the arrest will be communicated to the media soon.

Note that Wakili’s arrest came months after Fulani herders were issued evacuation notice by popular Yoruba activist Sunday Adeyemo better known as Sunday Igboho following the kidnapping and killings in Ibarapa and Oke-Ogun regions of Oyo state.

Earlier, it was reported that Oyo state chapters of the OPC on Sunday, February 27, arrested four suspected kidnappers in Ibarapa.

The group under the supervision of the Oyo state coordinator, comrade Rotimi Olumo, also made huge progress with the arrest of the second in command to Wakilu, Isiaka Muhammadu.

The arrest was made around 1:00 pm when the OPC was on a search mission for the dreaded Wakilu that has been terrorising the entire Ibarapa area.

See video here https://www.774ngr.com/2021/03/07/opc-operatives-arrest-notorious-kidnapper-fulani-warlord-in-ibarapa-oyo-state-video/

Sports / Historic Loss To Jan Blachowicz Not Enough To Keep Israel Adesanya Down by 774ngr: 6:17am On Mar 08, 2021
Israel Adesanya may have lost his first fight at the Ultimate Fighting Championship – the world’s foremost mixed martial arts organization – but he’s not defeated.

Decades ago, Bruce Lee said “defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality.” Those words from the greatest martial arts practitioner of all-time will spark into life for Adesanya after his unanimous decision defeat at the hands of Jan Blachowicz on Saturday night in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.

Despite a valiant effort over five rounds, Adesanya’s attempt to become a two-division champion was thwarted by light heavyweight champion Blachowicz in the main event of UFC 259.

It wasn’t the first time the 31-year-old would be losing a fight.

Adesanya joined the UFC in 2018, became the organization’s middleweight champion in 2019, and boasted an impressive 20-0 record before his historic loss to light heavyweight king Blachowicz. But long before the world of MMA came to know the fighter affectionately known as the Last Stylebender, Adesanya had suffered defeats in both professional boxing and kickboxing.

As a boxer, he had one defeat in a six-fight career, but in kickboxing, where the New Zealand-based Nigerian became internationally famous before joining the UFC, he lost five times. But that handful of losses pale in comparison to the fact that Adesanya won an incredible 75 of the 80 fights he had in his illustrious kickboxing career.

And he offered no excuses after Saturday’s loss as he instead paid tribute to his Polish conqueror on a job well done.

Continue reading https://www.774ngr.com/2021/03/08/historic-loss-to-jan-blachowicz-not-enough-to-keep-israel-adesanya-down/

Nairaland / General / Many feared dead as petrol tanker rams into vehicles along Abuja highway by 774ngr: 7:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
Many persons were feared killed after a petrol tanker rammed into some vehicles along the Abuja-Keffi Nasarawa expressway.

The tanker was said to have gone out of the driver’s control before colliding with the vehicles.

It is not immediately clear the exact number of persons who were killed in the accident which happened at about 10 pm, March 6.

https://www.774ngr.com/2021/03/07/many-feared-dead-as-petrol-tanker-rams-into-vehicles-along-abuja-highway/

Nairaland / General / Truck kills pedestrian in Onitsha-Owerri highway by 774ngr: 7:32pm On Mar 07, 2021
A middle-aged man has been confirmed dead in an accident involving a truck on Onitsha-Owerri highway in Onitsha, Anambra late on Saturday.

Mr Andrew Kumapayi, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) Sector Commander, confirmed the development in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Awka on Sunday.

“The crash involved a Mark truck with registration number, JJJ660XB, driven by an unidentified person.

“Eye-witness reports reaching us indicate that the crash was due to brake failure which made the truck to roll back and crush a man who was walking on the road.

The accident scene
“FRSC rescue team from Upper Iweka Outpost rushed the victim to Toronto Hospital in Onitsha. He was later confirmed dead by the doctor on duty and his body deposited at the morgue.”

The sector commander said that the driver of the truck had been handed over to the police for further investigation.

While condoling with the family of the deceased, Kumapayi warned motorists, especially truck drivers to put their vehicles in order, saying that the FRSC had started clamping down on rickety vehicles.

He also advised pedestrians to be safety-conscious before crossing highways.

Celebrities / Pete Edochie thankful over 74th birthday by 774ngr: 6:55pm On Mar 07, 2021
Nigeria’s most talented thespians, Pete Edochie, today, March 7, 2021 marks his 74th birthday and he’s thankful about it. The Nollywood veteran who has been in the industry since the ’80s has served Nigerians with premium entertainment through his stellar role interpretations This has no doubt earned him a place in the hearts of many fans, many of who have taken to the comment section of his celebratory post on his official Instagram page to celebrate the movie icon. Edochie who made the post captioned it:Chief Pete Edochie, MON (born 7 March 1947) is a Nigerian actor. Edochie is considered one of Africa’s most talented actors, being honoured with an Industry Merit Award by Africa Magic and Lifetime Achievement by Africa Film Academy. Although a seasoned administrator and broadcaster, he came into prominence in the 1980s when he played the lead role of Okonkwo in an NTA adaptation of Chinua Achebe’s all-time best selling novel, Things Fall Apart. Edochie descends from the Igbo people in Nigeria and is a Catholic.

https://www.774ngr.com/2021/03/07/pete-edochie-thankful-over-74th-birthday/

Sports / Odion Ighalo updates Nigerian on return to Super Eagles by 774ngr: 11:30am On Mar 06, 2021
Former Manchester United striker, Odion Ighalo, has provided updates on his speculated return to the senior national team of Nigeria.

The striker resigned from the team two years ago after the Super Eagles came third at the last African Cup of Nations in Egypt.

Ighalo said he has had discussions with the national team coach but is yet to decide whether to return or not.

“I have been approached by the coach, but I haven’t decided yet whether this is a path I want to follow again,” the 31-year-old told the BBC.

“We’ve been talking about it for a while and hopefully soon I will make that decision.

“I need to decide because I have huge respect for my country and the coach, so it’s only fair to let people know where you stand.”

Ighalo helped Nigeria to finish third in the last AFCON. He is the Super Eagles seventh-highest-scorer of all time with 16 goals.

https://www.774ngr.com/2021/03/06/odion-ighalo-updates-nigerian-on-return-to-super-eagles/

Celebrities / I struggle to get perfect bra – Dorathy Bachor by 774ngr: 11:20am On Mar 06, 2021
https://www.774ngr.com/2021/03/06/i-struggle-to-get-perfect-bra-dorathy-bachor/

The first runner-up of Big Brother Naija (Lockdown Edition), Dorathy Bachor, has stated that the reality television show made her come out of her shell.

The entrepreneur stated this during an Instagram Live chat with showbiz personality, Ubi Franklin, during the week.

She said, “I am a private person. I hate public opinion. The words, ‘That’s my opinion’, annoys me because I am not someone that would sit down and want to have an opinion about other people’s lives. That was why I stayed in my shell. However, that did not pay my bills and it did not put food on my table either. But, Big Brother Naija made me come out of my shell.

Bachor, who recently started her own lingerie brand, said that the idea came from the struggles she had with getting the right braziers.

She said, “When I came out of the house, I was blank. However, I took the time to study my fans. I tried to understand what they liked about me.

“I found out it was more of (my) confidence. I wanted to do fashion but I realised that many people were already doing that. So, I decided to do something unique that I can relate to. I know the struggles of not being able to get perfect underwear or bra. The businesses I do are those I can relate to and have a passion for.”

Family / Fani-kayode’s Wife Begs Court To Grant Her Full Custody Of Their Four Kids by 774ngr: 5:25am On Mar 06, 2021
A former beauty pageant, Precious Chikwendu, and ex-wife to former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, has demanded the full custody of their four sons with Femi Fani-Kayode.

Precious Chikwendu has accused of incessant violence against her as she said Fani-Kayode beat her up several times, including when she was pregnant.

She accused the ex-minister of confining her to a hospital when she attempted to escape.

The former beauty queen made the allegations in an affidavit she deposed to in support of an originating motion brought pursuant to Section 69 of the Child Rights Act, 2003.

She said she met Fani-Kayode in 2014 at the peak of her career and they soon fell in love and began living together and had four children, a son aged five and a set of triplets aged three.

She said, “From the early days of our relationship, the respondent (Fani-Kayode), has always maintained a lifestyle of utter disregard to my feelings. This was evident in the way and manner the respondent assaulted me while pregnant with our first son.

“The respondent (Fani-Kayode) kicked me severally on my stomach over a petty argument that ensued. It was my friend, Vanessa, who was around at the material time that intervened at the nick of time to save me.

Click the link to continue reading https://www.774ngr.com/2021/03/06/fani-kayodes-wife-begs-court-to-grant-her-full-custody-of-their-four-kids/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (of 7 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.