Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,427 members, 7,830,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

My Husband Is No Longer There: Actress Joke Silva Opens Up On Husband's Dementia - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Husband Is No Longer There: Actress Joke Silva Opens Up On Husband's Dementia (1896 Views)

Man With One-inch Penis Opens Up About Life With A Micropenis / Drama As Wife Pounces On Husband’s Side Chick After She Showed Up At Hospital / The Longer There Is NO SEX, The More... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Is No Longer There: Actress Joke Silva Opens Up On Husband's Dementia by Glimpsetv: 1:58am On Jul 03, 2023
Joke Silva, a renowned actress in Nollywood, recently discussed the challenges she and her husband, Olu Jacobs, have faced in their marriage due to his battle with dementia.

During a heartfelt conversation with media personality and actress Nancy Isime, Silva opened up about the impact of the illness on their relationship. She reflected on their early years together, emphasizing that Jacobs was not just her closest friend, but also the center of her world in their marriage. However, as his condition progressed, it brought about significant changes in their dynamic.

Silva shared, "It hasn't been easy... There came a point where I had to accept the reality that what we were experiencing was the truth, and it felt as though the person I married was no longer fully present about 80 percent of the time."

"But here's the thing, when he was present, he was an extraordinary father to our children and an incredible husband. He was practically my confidant and dearest companion."

Despite the challenges posed by Jacobs' dementia, Silva's love for him remains deep-rooted. She acknowledged that the affection and connection they once shared may not be as strong now, but she emphasized her enduring love for him by stating, "The husband I used to know may no longer be fully here, but I still hold love for this man."

Having been married for 37 years and having known each other for 42 years, including a five-year courtship before marriage, Silva recognized the hardships they faced in the early stages of their union. Ultimately, she accepted their circumstances and now sees herself as caring for her father rather than engaging in a conventional husband-wife relationship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf9zBd4aa_8

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, mynd44.

Re: My Husband Is No Longer There: Actress Joke Silva Opens Up On Husband's Dementia by Jbleenk: 3:43am On Jul 03, 2023
Hmm real wives stick to their husbands no matter what. Urgent 2k girls will bolt in the slightest twist of event and leave you to your faith. Single men looking to get married, steer clear of such blood sucking girls and find yourself a Ride till I Die wife.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is No Longer There: Actress Joke Silva Opens Up On Husband's Dementia by TreasureJunky: 5:26am On Jul 03, 2023
That is what marriage is all about, for better for worse. If the woman is in that situation, the man should also do the same.
Re: My Husband Is No Longer There: Actress Joke Silva Opens Up On Husband's Dementia by Glimpsetv: 8:13am On Jul 03, 2023
Jbleenk:
Hmm real wives stick to their husbands no matter what. Urgent 2k girls will bolt in the slightest twist of event and leave you to your faith. Single men looking to get married, steer clear of such blood sucking girls and find yourself a Ride till I Die wife.

That is it sir!
Re: My Husband Is No Longer There: Actress Joke Silva Opens Up On Husband's Dementia by Glimpsetv: 8:14am On Jul 03, 2023
TreasureJunky:
That is what marriage is all about, for better for worse. If the woman is in that situation, the man should also do the same.

That woman is very strong.
Re: My Husband Is No Longer There: Actress Joke Silva Opens Up On Husband's Dementia by larryking78(m): 8:22am On Jul 03, 2023
Sorry mummy Joke Silva.... Such is life. We live to enjoy and sometime to endure. Don't feel bad. It's another phase.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is No Longer There: Actress Joke Silva Opens Up On Husband's Dementia by theophorus(m): 8:34am On Jul 03, 2023
Hmmm!
Aunty Joke eku Itoju.
Thank You for all the sacrifice and persevering.

Dear Woke Lady, see ehn, if you are not around during the trying time, den forget it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is No Longer There: Actress Joke Silva Opens Up On Husband's Dementia by vestyne: 8:35am On Jul 03, 2023
True love stays through the storms.
Good memories are not forgotten despite the odds.
This generation meeds to learn that there's more to marital love than Instagram and twitter trends.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is No Longer There: Actress Joke Silva Opens Up On Husband's Dementia by Dshocker(m): 8:58am On Jul 03, 2023
Dementia, Stroke, Paralysis will make most girls of nowadays to work out of their marriage if faced with such.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is No Longer There: Actress Joke Silva Opens Up On Husband's Dementia by Sonnobax15(m): 9:41am On Jul 03, 2023
lipsrsealed. See better woman.... Woman wey know the meaning of what it takes to have and spend ones entire life time with a loving husband..

Olu jacobs,one of the very most talented Nollywood actors that I so mush loved during his acting days ..I wish him well,...

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is No Longer There: Actress Joke Silva Opens Up On Husband's Dementia by OriOko88(m): 10:00am On Jul 03, 2023
Still get marveld at the fast pace at Which olu jacobs degenerated. Hes not even 80years. What coud have happened to the jolly good fellow? Sad
Re: My Husband Is No Longer There: Actress Joke Silva Opens Up On Husband's Dementia by SporaD8: 10:47am On Jul 03, 2023
she accepted their circumstances and now sees herself as caring for her father rather than engaging in a conventional husband-wife relationship.
The bolded and the quote shows a woman with a large heart - an endanger virtue among ladies of nowadays who are epitome of selfishness!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is No Longer There: Actress Joke Silva Opens Up On Husband's Dementia by Yhemzie(m): 11:29am On Jul 03, 2023
OriOko88:
Still get marveld at the fast pace at Which olu jacobs degenerated. Hes not even 80years. What coud have happened to the jolly good fellow? Sad

He should be around 81
Re: My Husband Is No Longer There: Actress Joke Silva Opens Up On Husband's Dementia by Glimpsetv: 1:32pm On Jul 03, 2023
SporaD8:

The bolded and the quote shows a woman with a large heart - an endanger virtue among ladies of nowadays who are epitome of selfishness!

Yea, I was deeply moved while watching the interview; joke Silva displays remarkable strength as a woman. It is truly unimaginable how she manages to endure and cope with such an abrupt transformation. Dementia is an incredibly dreadful affliction that I wouldn't wish upon anyone.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is No Longer There: Actress Joke Silva Opens Up On Husband's Dementia by fourboys: 3:56pm On Jul 03, 2023
Sad

(1) (Reply)

Men Should Learn From This Guy. / Do I Leave Her Or: ? / Funny Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.